Suspect - Daniel Heinrich #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I probably did see those before, but my focus would have always been on prints that were 75 yards up the driveway.

With LE knowing that Kevin did not stop his car at the point where Jacob's last footprints were found, and knowing that he never set foot outside of his car, it is perplexing to me how Kevin's presence in the driveway factored into losing sight of Danny Heinrich's prints. Further, moving on to Dan Rassier, in light of what we all know now, seems beyond comprehension. I was rereading some articles this weekend, and one quotes unnamed officials as saying the search of the Rassier farm was "a hunch" and "a shot in the dark." WOW!!!

I couldn't agree more! They had Jacob's footprints, Heinrich's footprints, and Heinrich's tire prints all in the same area. Then after Kevin came forward and knowing he & his girlfriend didn't exit their vehicle... and yet still somehow changed their focus to a perp on foot is just mind blowing to me. They should've had their sights focused squarely on Heinrich from the very beginning....even with an unidentified tire track at the time. It just doesn't make any sense at all....even with thousands of leads and all that was going on early in the case....they had a guy that needed to explain his presence on Rassiers driveway that night.

Again,

IMO, you are suggesting DR is some sort of pervert.
Assuming you mean a sex chat for pedophiles, since DH IS an alleged molester.

DR was picked apart here, there, AND in the media for a long while.
Maybe they did know of each other. ( Hell, in our CITY, people know my husband and I & we sometimes have no clue how, why or at what moment we met said person(s):waitasec: )

Anyway, my point is, DR has worked with CHILDREN and in a SCHOOL and AROUND CHILDREN for how long??

No disrespect, however the fact that DR is still being hinted at as being some sort of a pervert is getting kind of,.:banghead:

IMO, just seems because a man is older and lives with his parents, single his entire life that maybe he is just asexual. I find myself asking at times, " if this happened under the same set of circumstances, BUT, DR was FEMALE, would he have been suspect?...OR A POI??? " Just a thought.

As far as DH & DR knowing one another, I don't recall them actually being from the same town. County, not sure??

What is DR? We know he can be one cold turkey. We know he has never had a girlfriend or been married in his life. At this point I think its safe to say he is just completely happy where he's at and being himself. (modsnip)

What is DR? We know he can be one cold turkey. We know he has never had a girlfriend or been married in his life. At this point I think its safe to say he is just completely happy where he's at and being himself. But thats not to say he didn't get curious or bored and dabbled in some internet sex talk while mommy and daddy are on vacation.

WHAT is DR?

A man living with mom and dad minding his business.

DR isn't the only person in the world with a " cold turkey " persona. IMO, anyway.
You're right though, time will tell.
Just like it did, and we were ALL dumbfounded at the fact DH was named a POI..and FORGOTTEN for 26 years..because IMO, that's just what happened.

I think LE doesn't want to ADMIT to yet another screw up.

I honestly believe they have zilch. Quite frankly, they are probably wondering how/what to say to the media AND DR, when they do return his things...

IMO
Good points and LE is still bound by a gag order not to discuss the items still confiscated. Which is quite a number of items I believe-computers, cedar chest, barrels, notes, pictures, movies etc.

What is DR? We know he can be one cold turkey. We know he has never had a girlfriend or been married in his life. At this point I think its safe to say he is just completely happy where he's at and being himself.

(modsnip)

Sas you stated earlier that dh was the likely perp, what is this post? I thought you had finally come around but you throw this out? (modsnip) You are going on pure speculation you have nothing to prove, maybe YOU dabble in internet sex talk Sas

I think LE doesn't want to ADMIT to yet another screw up.

I honestly believe they have zilch. Quite frankly, they are probably wondering how/what to say to the media AND DR, when they do return his things...

IMO

Hopefully, DR will live long enough to see the items returned. Not to mention LE's statements, which will take longer so as not to implicate themselves.

Hello Ms. Xxxxx,

My name is Rob Ebben, I live in Eau Claire, WI. For the past 2 1/2 years I have been researching the kidnapping of Jacob Wetterling. Much of my research has involved reviewing archives of the St. Cloud Times and other area newspapers, following up on related news items, etc.

One of the stories "related" to Jacob's kidnapping was of course the January 1989 kidnapping of "Jared" in the town of Cold Spring. The possible connections between the cases was well documented over the years. Law enforcement officials were almost to the point of being adamant that the two cases were connected.

However, there are a couple of interesting items of note that occurred from 1986 - 1990 that I've come across that were not reported at the time, in connection to the kidnappings. These items are almost certainly relevant to Jared's kidnapping, and - if law enforcement's assertion that the cases are connected - could be relevant to Jacob's case as well.

The first item of interest is that there were several reported assaults on young boys in the Paynesville area in 1986 & 1987. These assaults were reported in the Paynesville Press in 1987 and again in 1989.

The second item of interest, and an item that is likely lesser known - is that the FBI arrested a man in connection to Jared's case in late 1989 or early 1990. The following details come from a book written by Allen Garber, former FBI agent in charge of the Wetterling investigation. His book is called "Striving To Be The Best" - I can scan copies of the relevant pages to you if you would like. The man who was arrested had previously owned a car that matched the description of the car used in Jared's kidnapping. The man had subsequently sold or otherwise disposed of that car. The FBI was able to locate the car and found fibers in the back seat that were consistent with fibers from the coat that Jared had worn when he was assaulted. While the name of this man that was arrested is not revealed in the book, and Allen Garber himself says he cannot recall the name of the man (I've been in contact with Garber via email, and have even asked if the man was Duane Allen Hart, a known pedophile in the Paynesville area - but Garber says he can't recall), he does go into detail about how the FBI set up the interview room. The furniture in the room was arranged in a certain way, special lights were brought in, and a flag set up. It would be interesting to find out the significance of the lights and the flag were, and the identity of that man. They arrested him - they must have felt he a legitimate suspect. They dropped charges once the man lawyered up, and they were unable to find additional evidence against the man.

In any case, I believe this information is something that could be looked into further. I know that you have recently covered the Wetterling case, Dan Rassier in particular - so I thought you might want to know about this.

Regards,

Rob Ebben

Eloc-

Do you think it was because of this finding that got the Wright County Sheriff to turn over old Dna samples from Jareds case?

Eloc-

Do you think it was because of this finding that got the Wright County Sheriff to turn over old Dna samples from Jareds case?

No, this was one example of emails that I sent to 10-12 reporters who had covered the Wetterling case, and one of the reasons I became very frustrated and felt there was no alternative but to write a book to get all the information to the public. Sent similar emails to Stearns as well...not one of them responded...

No, this was one example of emails that I sent to 10-12 reporters who had covered the Wetterling case, and one of the reasons I became very frustrated and felt there was no alternative but to write a book to get all the information to the public. Sent similar emails to Stearns as well...

I was wondering if you maybe created a buzz within the departments again, like hey a little remonder guys. Oh yeah, we do have some old dna yet...

My thoughts exactly...
Hopefully, DR will live long enough to see the items returned. Not to mention LE's statements, which will take longer so as not to implicate themselves.

I was wondering if you maybe created a buzz within the departments again, like hey a little remonder guys. Oh yeah, we do have some old dna yet...

The best I can tell, the only person in LE that ever took this stuff seriously and checked it out was the same FBI agent that signed Heinrich's arrest warrant, and took interest in the Hart Notes, etc.

Regarding the old DNA...the BCA was actually testing that long before anyone brought up the Paynesville cases or Danny Heinrich....interesting, huh?

Hello Ms. Xxxxx,

My name is Rob Ebben, I live in Eau Claire, WI. For the past 2 1/2 years I have been researching the kidnapping of Jacob Wetterling. Much of my research has involved reviewing archives of the St. Cloud Times and other area newspapers, following up on related news items, etc.

One of the stories "related" to Jacob's kidnapping was of course the January 1989 kidnapping of "Jared" in the town of Cold Spring. The possible connections between the cases was well documented over the years. Law enforcement officials were almost to the point of being adamant that the two cases were connected.

However, there are a couple of interesting items of note that occurred from 1986 - 1990 that I've come across that were not reported at the time, in connection to the kidnappings. These items are almost certainly relevant to Jared's kidnapping, and - if law enforcement's assertion that the cases are connected - could be relevant to Jacob's case as well.

The first item of interest is that there were several reported assaults on young boys in the Paynesville area in 1986 & 1987. These assaults were reported in the Paynesville Press in 1987 and again in 1989.

The second item of interest, and an item that is likely lesser known - is that the FBI arrested a man in connection to Jared's case in late 1989 or early 1990. The following details come from a book written by Allen Garber, former FBI agent in charge of the Wetterling investigation. His book is called "Striving To Be The Best" - I can scan copies of the relevant pages to you if you would like. The man who was arrested had previously owned a car that matched the description of the car used in Jared's kidnapping. The man had subsequently sold or otherwise disposed of that car. The FBI was able to locate the car and found fibers in the back seat that were consistent with fibers from the coat that Jared had worn when he was assaulted. While the name of this man that was arrested is not revealed in the book, and Allen Garber himself says he cannot recall the name of the man (I've been in contact with Garber via email, and have even asked if the man was Duane Allen Hart, a known pedophile in the Paynesville area - but Garber says he can't recall), he does go into detail about how the FBI set up the interview room. The furniture in the room was arranged in a certain way, special lights were brought in, and a flag set up. It would be interesting to find out the significance of the lights and the flag were, and the identity of that man. They arrested him - they must have felt he a legitimate suspect. They dropped charges once the man lawyered up, and they were unable to find additional evidence against the man.

In any case, I believe this information is something that could be looked into further. I know that you have recently covered the Wetterling case, Dan Rassier in particular - so I thought you might want to know about this.

Regards,

Rob Ebben

Wow ELOC thank you for all you do here.

Good job, ELOC! You were on this way back in 2013. I'm glad someone finally listened!

This may not be related, but I've been reading the Eugene Martin case here on WS, and it makes me wonder if Heinrich ever traveled to Iowa? Three newspaper delivery boys there were taken and never found. I've read Johnny Gosch's story many times, but hadn't read much about Eugene Martin. These boys were followed by cars while delivering papers, which sounds a lot like Heinrich when he was following a newspaper boy around in his car in Paynesville. It could be just a coincidence, I guess, or maybe paper boys are more vulnerable because they are out so early, but it makes me wonder if there was a connection at all.

Here is an article on Eugene Martin, (and WS has a thread on him also).
https://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/eugene-martin/

Good job, ELOC! You were on this way back in 2013. I'm glad someone finally listened!

This may not be related, but I've been reading the Eugene Martin case here on WS, and it makes me wonder if Heinrich ever traveled to Iowa? Three newspaper delivery boys there were taken and never found. I've read Johnny Gosch's story many times, but hadn't read much about Eugene Martin. These boys were followed by cars while delivering papers, which sounds a lot like Heinrich when he was following a newspaper boy around in his car in Paynesville. It could be just a coincidence, I guess, or maybe paper boys are more vulnerable because they are out so early, but it makes me wonder if there was a connection at all.

Here is an article on Eugene Martin, (and WS has a thread on him also).
https://iowacoldcases.org/case-summaries/eugene-martin/

The height is off but it sounds close to Heinrich or someone just like him. What can be done without DNA collected in those cases? It was only DNA that could bring closure to Jared 26 years later. Despite that they found heinrich, his car, the scanner, and more in 89.

WHAT is DR?

A man living with mom and dad minding his business.

DR isn't the only person in the world with a " cold turkey " persona. IMO, anyway.
You're right though, time will tell.
Just like it did, and we were ALL dumbfounded at the fact DH was named a POI..and FORGOTTEN for 26 years..because IMO, that's just what happened.

Do you know him?

I think he was named a POI just a couple of months ago. DH

Do you know him?

I think he was named a POI just a couple of months ago. DH

IIRC he was a POI for LE from the beginning, but we (the public) didn't find out until they had to make the search warrant (the one where they discovered all the child *advertiser censored*) public as part of the process for bringing charges against him.
But forgotten about for 25 years. That's the incredible part. IMO

IIRC he was a POI for LE from the beginning, but we (the public) didn't find out until they had to make the search warrant (the one where they discovered all the child *advertiser censored*) public as part of the process for bringing charges against him.
But forgotten about for 25 years. That's the incredible part. IMO

This can't be true. Honestly I'm still 50/50 if heinrich had anything to do with the wetterlings case yet.

Patty told the media that she is confident that they'll find out if heinrich was involved or not. Like most of us, they still don't know either. Until we do know for sure I think hanging around with 50/50 beliefs with 2 POI's is a safer bet. Also recall when FBI agent Garber heard the recent news about heinrich last year, he had said he chuckled and thought "well this is interesting" He also said he was listening for any new evidence, which he didn't get anything new. Yet, anway. Tread lightly folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcTown