Suspect - Daniel Heinrich #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That crossed my mind as well. My initial reaction was he was trying to impress someone with the gun. Perhaps an online "love" interest??? I use the word word "love" very loosely. Heinrich sounds very much like a loner to me. I can't imagine him having any personal connections other than online. JMO.

That was my initial feeling as well - that it would be a showing off type of thing to do. Which obviously leads to the question of who. And if there was someone he wanted to brag to or show off to, what else might he have told them? Could've even been someone like-minded from that online group he was a "guest" of, that he printed some of those pictures from.

My next question would be, what does a person do in order to become a "guest" of one of those groups? You'd think they would have some sort of screening process, questions asked, or some kind of exchange of information. I would imagine he would have had to connect in some way and share his proclivities with at least one other person in order to locate and gain access to such a group. Ugh.

Ground penetrating radar however, is a tool generally possessed only by the military.

I'm not sure if that's something law enforcement can make a request for "hey, can you scan 2000 square miles of land with that thing for us?"

Perhaps until recently. Archaeologists began using it about 10 years ago from aircraft to find artifacts and bone. It has been commercially available for about 2 years. LE has used seismic analogs in water recently to find cars and remains that had been missing for decades. As for the area searched, my suggestion was to search only areas similar to where JS was taken. This would be a few acres at most.

I just re-watched this video of AL discussing the night of the abduction and his feelings afterward and now: http://m.startribune.com/archive-wetterling-best-friend-relives-abduction/338842732/ it is a tearjerker for sure.
Gee, that brings it all home again. Larson seems to have weathered the nightmarish incident fairly well and is apparently a thoughtful, kind-hearted young man.
Jared, too, as others have mentioned, is remarkably courageous and unbroken by his ordeal. These kids all seem to come from good homes, and one can see from Patty and Jerry what undoubtedly terrific parents they are/were.

That was my initial feeling as well - that it would be a showing off type of thing to do. Which obviously leads to the question of who. And if there was someone he wanted to brag to or show off to, what else might he have told them? Could've even been someone like-minded from that online group he was a "guest" of, that he printed some of those pictures from.

My next question would be, what does a person do in order to become a "guest" of one of those groups? You'd think they would have some sort of screening process, questions asked, or some kind of exchange of information. I would imagine he would have had to connect in some way and share his proclivities with at least one other person in order to locate and gain access to such a group. Ugh.

Yes I agree with your thinking you might have to do something risky to prove yourself before gaining the trust of the group members was my first thought.

Mossad posted:

25 Years Without Answer

Where will the answer be found?

On facebook?

A WordPress blog?

A vBulletin forum?

State and Federal law enforcement?

"The Stearns County Sheriff's Office, the BCA and the FBI will remain steadfastly committed to providing answers . . ."

Inadequate.

Don't hold your breath.[/I]

Turns out, it was Facebook.

Definitely was not Stearns pushing the idea, I read somewhere that Patty requested a meeting asking that something be done, but it was the FBI that hatched the plan. It didn't take long to zero in on Heinrich. Stearns had the Hart notes for years, but the FBI did not.

That's unbelievable.... really unbelievable.... So, you're saying that Stearns Co had the notes from Hart that included the info on Heinrich, all along, but, that the FBI did not have them....!?! Again, that's unbelievable.... isn't it correct that you just recently gave the notes to the FBI and is this how they got them??? Unbelievable... I questioned in a recent post how long Patty and Jerry had known about Heinrich, and I know, from her interview, that they'd known the name, etc..., but, it sounds like they did not really know any of the significant information, such as the tire tracks, shoe prints, etc... which is also kind of unbelievable, because, I really have to wonder if they had known then what we've all learned recently, would they not have pushed for more investigation into Heinrich.... in fact, I was just looking at a match-up of the older picture of Heinrich, the one when he was younger and the sketch put out from Jared's description; I really wonder whether Patty and Jerry were even shown pictures of Heinrich at the time... Amazing....

That's unbelievable.... really unbelievable.... So, you're saying that Stearns Co had the notes from Hart that included the info on Heinrich, all along, but, that the FBI did not have them....!?! Again, that's unbelievable.... isn't it correct that you just recently gave the notes to the FBI and is this how they got them??? Unbelievable... I questioned in a recent post how long Patty and Jerry had known about Heinrich, and I know, from her interview, that they'd known the name, etc..., but, it sounds like they did not really know any of the significant information, such as the tire tracks, shoe prints, etc... which is also kind of unbelievable, because, I really have to wonder if they had known then what we've all learned recently, would they not have pushed for more investigation into Heinrich.... in fact, I was just looking at a match-up of the older picture of Heinrich, the one when he was younger and the sketch put out from Jared's description; I really wonder whether Patty and Jerry were even shown pictures of Heinrich at the time... Amazing....

Well remember that the FBI substantially withdrew from the case in January 1990, and Stearns County led the charge from there. That's not to say the FBI wasn't involved, they still had agents working the case, and would add or remove agents as leads dictated. The informant from whom I got the notes says that they were given to Kostreba sometime during his tenure as Sheriff. Based on his reaction to the notes, the local FBI agent who ultimately signed the arrest warrant for Heinrich this time around, wasn't familiar with the notes.

I was reading an article about how several hundred National Guard members were involved in the initial search for Jacob. I wonder if they had to sign in and if Heinrich ever participated? I would be very curious.

I was reading an article about how several hundred National Guard members were involved in the initial search for Jacob. I wonder if they had to sign in and if Heinrich ever participated? I would be very curious.

Oooh...interesting tidbit! Good thought

I doubt it. He is a loner and deeply disturbed. He wouldn't enjoy being around others and pretending to be normal. It would be interesting if someone could put together another volunteer search. I know I would sign up.

Additionally, the location of the assault is likely close enough that he could control his victim until they got there but obscure enough to be isolated.

I doubt it. He is a loner and deeply disturbed. He wouldn't enjoy being around others and pretending to be normal. It would be interesting if someone could put together another volunteer search. I know I would sign up.

Additionally, the location of the assault is likely close enough that he could control his victim until they got there but obscure enough to be isolated.

I definitely agree with you that he's a disturbed loner, however, the national guard confirmed that he served 9 years. The initial enlistment for the NG is 6 years, which means he re-enlisted for an additional 3. So there had to be something he liked about it. I read that the St. Cloud guard unit were the ones who searched for Jacob. Heinrich was a member of the Willmar unit. However, I can see them possibly accepting volunteers from units outside St. Cloud to help with the search. It would be interesting to find out if there was anyone he was buddies with in his NG unit, or if he was a loner even within that group.

That's wonderful that it was known 26 years ago to 1 FBI agent. However, no one did jack since then. Someone came along and threw some good stuff at the CURRENT fbi who actually did something about it and announced it to the world what they had. It gave them a reason to look at him and thankfully bust him for something. Now that he's locked up maybe they can make him talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's wonderful that it was known 26 years ago to 1 FBI agent. However, no one did jack since then. Someone came along and threw some good stuff at the CURRENT fbi who actually did something about it and announced it to the world what they had. It gave them a reason to look at him and thankfully bust him for something. Now that he's locked up maybe they can make him talk.

I do not care if he does not want the praise, but thanks to ELOC!!!!

I hate writing this, but sometimes we cannot see things right in front of us. Has that ever happened to you? It does to me all of the time.

Maybe Jacob had the most important work to do in this world. The whole thing about sexual abuse.

I hate to write this as I am sure the Wetterlings would rather have their son, but their child and work changed the world.

Al Garber is on Kare11 at 10pm

This makes me wonder how many attacks were never reported.

Question for the locals, or anyone in the know. Were any of the Paynesville attacks, prior to Jacob's abduction, public knowledge? If so, were they well publicized?

They were reported in the local paper & Paynesville residents were aware of the incidents then.

New thought... Does anyone know if a known child molestor committed suicide on the day of the news conference or the days that followed? My hypothesis is that person may have been tied to DJH somehow & may have known something. There has to be someone DJH confessed to or said something weird to at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ery810