Suspect - Daniel Heinrich #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible that SCSD was intently looking at the tire tracks, working the theory that they belonged to the abductor and when Kevin came forward, they threw up their hands thinking they had been chasing a red herring? Remember the era...limited forensic science technology....

We were not privy to the information exchange between the FBI and SCSD. There is a gap in the information we have available to evaluate.

No when Kevin came forward and accounted for the final tracks, they still had heinrichs too imo. So when they could finally eliminate kevins traxks, it should have been the confirmation against Heinrich that they needed. Instead they changed their theory to a local on foot for the next ten years. Then in 2015 they said "oh, here is heinrichs tracks again..." I just dont get it anymore.

No when Kevin came forward and accounted for the final tracks, they still had heinrichs too imo. So when they could finally eliminate kevins traxks, it should have been the confirmation against Heinrich that they needed. Instead they changed their theory to a local on foot for the next ten years. Then in 2015 they said "oh, here is heinrichs tracks again..." I just dont get it anymore.

I share your frustration. I don't understand it either.

Remember they also have his shoe print at the crime scene and the kids identified him as well.

What I can't get over is the difference in tire tread widths between Heinrich's car and Kevin's car. It's unlikely that the tread pattern matched, and Kevin's tires were 1.18" wider than Heinrich's, and were brand new. I wonder if LE neglected to consider all of this. It seems simple, but maybe they just overlooked those basics?

What I can't get over is the difference in tire tread widths between Heinrich's car and Kevin's car. It's unlikely that the tread pattern matched, and Kevin's tires were 1.18" wider than Heinrich's, and were brand new. I wonder if LE neglected to consider all of this. It seems simple, but maybe they just overlooked those basics?

There wasn't any confusion, they knew they had 2 different vehicles. They had a match in heinrichs tire prints and a set of unknown tire tracks for 15 years. It was just entered into evidence that they matched heinrichs tires in January 1990.

It simply can't be. I can't understand the actions between 2004 and 2010 if it is. When Kevin came forward, why change your theory to something totally away from the evidence, instead of naming Heinrich a poi then?

There's so much new info in the last couple years. There wasn't a DNA match between J and DH between 2004 and 2010. That's what brought DH out as a POI, isn't it? Because J's attack was sexually motivated, as was the boys because one or more of them were groped. I have theories, and name DH as POI changed what I thought. I, like a lot of others thought it could be DR because there was so little info out there, who else is there to blame? He didn't help things if we consider his behavior, which frankly was/is quite suspicious.

You and i have had some detailed conversation over the phone and in person .. we both have spent a lot of personal time trying to understand who is and who isn't involved in these cases.
That being said ... i have read your books , understand your intentions, and still i continue to stay neutral when discussing who deserves credit for all they have done ... the fact is nobody could have done this on their own and thats why i welcomed everyone to the table in beginning . I also knew that if these cases where going to be solved i would have to speak with law enforcement , former victims , media outlets, people who were questioned and people who generally cared about finding the answers .
I have talked to sooooo many people involved with different aspects of this case and others , people you don't know and may never know.
I am who i am ... i was brought into this investigation at the age of 13 ( not by choice ). <modsnip>

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The answer may be rather simple and something I have seen before. I posted some comparison pictures a while back on Heinrich's car tires and tracks. Folks had difficulty seeing what I was because there is one tire print superimposed over the other and it becomes a confusing mish mash to someone who does not look at this sort of thing on a regular basis. I submit that a good portion of Kevin's tire tracks are on top of Heinrich's and what we take to be two different sets of tracks may be all mashed together (for the most part) in one set of ruts, even if one set is wider, they do not diverge from each other until the end of the driveway when the different drivers go different directions or make somewhat different radius turns. It is possible that they diverge at one or small points along the driveway, but possibly not enough to help basic analysis. The FBI would have been more adept at discerning the conglomeration of tracks, but not enough to convince SCSD or a DA that there was an airtight case, and why the FBI says the prints are "consistent", not a dead match.

You and i have had some detailed conversation over the phone and in person .. we both have spent a lot of personal time trying to understand who is and who isn't involved in these cases.
That being said ... i have read your books , understand your intentions, and still i continue to stay neutral when discussing who deserves credit for all they have done ... the fact is nobody could have done this on their own and thats why i welcomed everyone to the table in beginning . I also knew that if these cases where going to be solved i would have to speak with law enforcement , former victims , media outlets, people who were questioned and people who generally cared about finding the answers .
modsnip>

If my intent was to make a name for myself, I would have used my real name on the book instead of a pen name. I have actually shunned the idea of doing TV interviews, etc, in favor of just helping the media understand the case. In most cases that's what has happened. This has been done despite the heavy, highly questionable, if not illegal, interference from others. It's rather appalling the level of dishonestly and underhanded activity that has gone on behind the scenes.

The book, as has been explained, became more or a less a necessity, due in part to other interested parties not listening to what was being found or misinterpreting information to fit their own bias or agenda. Many of these people tout themselves to be investigative journalists, but in reality all they did is follow each other around and ride each others' coattails.

The formula has proven to be effective, and I have helped several media with other cases, behind the scenes where I am most comfortable. I'm definitely not looking to make a name for myself, if I were, you would see me using the words me, myself, and I a lot more.

It's obvious to this reader, Mr. Dudley is good at investigating, penning out plausible “who dun its” with listed sources for a growing fan club. All on pertinent old cold cases (Wetterling, Holden, as well as the research/ new books on possibly Reker and Guimond cases. Stearns County MN sure has a magnetic pull for you.

There are 86 counties in Minnesota, not to mention the heart-rendering Wisconsin cases unsolved such as Jennifer Wesso or the 22 yr old Angelina Wall, (think of the mileage you’d save.) To be honest, as an aspiring writer who has bought all your books listened to your gift of gab, I’m awed at how effortlessly you find key people detectives, crucial information, impress FBI agents, and manage to ‘push the card’ on suspects. Pea-green Jealous. So who hired you?

Who hired you to point out the "Peter Principle " is alive and well at SCSO while maintaining the ongoing litany of criticism of LE to fan the faultfinding flames of your faithful fanclub to blend with the crowd? Police go to work, every DAY, not knowing if their partner has their back, facing high rates of depression, divorce , burn out or whether they are even going home at night without injury. These posts jump on the bandwagon, blame LE, investigators, techniques, reporters, news, ( Kinda like blaming grandpa for the “outhouse” when all I really wanted was a sewer pipe buried under the frostline hooked up to inside pvc.. ..Oh Wait, city sewer wasn’t around yet back then) The current administration of LE has to broach the mistakes of its predecessors over and over again.
I started a new writing career with the not so lucrative Amazon publishing venue, and yes, I’m finger pointing at your area of expertise landing on the list of the missing people at Tri County Crime Stoppers consistently. Read your own post #24 on 7-2-16 “Thanks… been searching for the accomplice!! I mentioned several other unsolved cases from Stearns County area in my book now 2 of those are “solved”. Please send your reply here.

I hope I’m wrong and you HAVE solved “those two cases” , and I wish for the family’s sake, the resulting confession is verified, true and in 2016.

Consider the possibility that law enforcement has known for many years who is responsible for the Cold Spring abduction, and who is responsible for the St. Joseph abduction (and no, it is not Dan Rassier, the constant fixation of this forum). Lacking concrete physical evidence or a confession, a county prosecutor will not bring charges. Nevertheless, it is no coincidence that there have been no similar pederast abductions in the area since 1989. The responsible parties know that they are known. They live under a permanent microscope of monitoring by law enforcement and others in the programs and communities in which they have resided since the abductions.

The fixation on Dan Rassier in this forum stems purely from a lack of real research. Patty Wetterling herself has stated repeatedly that there are other persons that law enforcement has an interest in. Law enforcement will not publicly identify those parties because to do so would jeopardize the possibility, however remote, of one day obtaining physical evidence or a confession upon which to bring formal charges.

If the purpose of this forum, of this specific thread which has continued for many, many years, is to understand who is responsible, I tease and challenge the participants in this forum to consider and explore other faces, other names, other possibilities. Unless someone provides a spoon-fed parade of Minnesota pederast abductors to this forum (which is possible in theory), that will require real research on your part.

That was posted years ago by former member ... very insightfull, and spot on

Some very interesting information and Jared my apologies for my comments earlier if it is you posting.

It's obvious to this reader, Mr. Dudley is good at investigating, penning out plausible &#8220;who dun its&#8221; with listed sources for a growing fan club. All on pertinent old cold cases (Wetterling, Holden, as well as the research/ new books on possibly Reker and Guimond cases. Stearns County MN sure has a magnetic pull for you.

There are 86 counties in Minnesota, not to mention the heart-rendering Wisconsin cases unsolved such as Jennifer Wesso or the 22 yr old Angelina Wall, (think of the mileage you&#8217;d save.) To be honest, as an aspiring writer who has bought all your books listened to your gift of gab, I&#8217;m awed at how effortlessly you find key people detectives, crucial information, impress FBI agents, and manage to &#8216;push the card&#8217; on suspects. Pea-green Jealous. So who hired you?

Who hired you to point out the "Peter Principle " is alive and well at SCSO while maintaining the ongoing litany of criticism of LE to fan the faultfinding flames of your faithful fanclub to blend with the crowd? Police go to work, every DAY, not knowing if their partner has their back, facing high rates of depression, divorce , burn out or whether they are even going home at night without injury. These posts jump on the bandwagon, blame LE, investigators, techniques, reporters, news, ( Kinda like blaming grandpa for the &#8220;outhouse&#8221; when all I really wanted was a sewer pipe buried under the frostline hooked up to inside pvc.. ..Oh Wait, city sewer wasn&#8217;t around yet back then) The current administration of LE has to broach the mistakes of its predecessors over and over again.
I started a new writing career with the not so lucrative Amazon publishing venue, and yes, I&#8217;m finger pointing at your area of expertise landing on the list of the missing people at Tri County Crime Stoppers consistently. Read your own post #24 on 7-2-16 &#8220;Thanks&#8230; been searching for the accomplice!! I mentioned several other unsolved cases from Stearns County area in my book now 2 of those are &#8220;solved&#8221;. Please send your reply here.

I hope I&#8217;m wrong and you HAVE solved &#8220;those two cases&#8221; , and I wish for the family&#8217;s sake, the resulting confession is verified, true and in 2016.

Hmmm, not quite sure how to perceive your post, but always willing to answer any questions or address concerns.

In the books my intent is to be objective and let the reader decide. I do ask questions, some of which may lead the reader to reach a certain conclusion. Feedback from readers has been overwhelmingly positive in terms of fairness and objectivity. I haven't had anyone tell me they thought the book or any part of it was critical of investigators.

Websleuths is a different animal. Posters speculate all the time and I do share my opinions here much more liberally than in the books-that's part of constructive debate. Often times I post an idea or statement to elicit a response, to see if others have a counter view or another idea I hadn't thought of.

Regarding the police, I have the utmost respect for the job they do. I have tried to refrain from judging investigators, and if I see a poster suggesting something I believe to be wrong in their assertion, I will point it out. Obviously, mistakes were made in the Wetterling case. Why they were mde, I don't know, but actually spend a great deal of time trying to figure out what happened, and just keep coming up empty. In the several months prior to Heinrich's arrest, I was increasingly asking questions about how LE turned their attention to DR, I asked many times why they had never asked for help in finding the car he saw, I asked how they could simultaneously suggest DR was always a suspect even though they had never questioned him about Jared's case. Nine of it made sense to me. I didn't ask those questions to be critical, I asked because I hoping for an explanation.

As an aside, the Paynesville police of the 1980's have been criticized publicly by Joy Baker, Minneapolis Star Tribune writer Jenna Ross, and others. On the other hand, I have vehemently defended the Paynesville Police because the fact is their police chief, who unfortunately is not of the capita to defend himsel, went door to door and worked his butt off to find the man responsible for the Paynesville attacks.

I call 'em as I see 'em, and I believe I do so fairly.

My criticism of reporters is well-earned. Many of them care more about access to victims for interviews than they do about the truth. I could care less about doing interviews, but willing to do so for the sake of finding the truth. As an example, I silent a fair amount of time finding subjects to interview for WCCO for the Kimball story, and specifically asked to leave me out of it, to focus on the case and the good man who lost his life. She still slid a glimpse of the book cover in there, but otherwise did as I asked. Funny thing was, the family was disappointed I wasn't mentioned...but I reminded them it's not about me...

As far as the other two cases, I did not mean to imply that I had solved those cases. I'm a humble guy. I had information that I believed could solve the Kimball case. I turned that information over to a good journalist who in turn took my information even further. In the Reker case, I had really nothing to with it, except that through networking and a little help fro fellow WS posters, we were able to attach names to a known case that may quite well be related. When I asked Stearns County for copies of records in that case, I mentioned a name and date, and the clerk at the next window interjected, "ah, the Dairy Bar case." Bingo!

If you wish to contact me privately to address any concerns, please email me at robebben@yahoo.com.

PS-Actually I have tentative plans for 2017 for a book about cold cases I my own area. Would be collaborating with a reporter on that one. When the time comes I hope that she'll agree with my idea to donate the proceeds to a local dog rescue organization.&#55357;&#56841;

I would think that you all might agree with me when i say.
" my problem is ... i have my own problems " and sometimes its nessesary for me to step away from this mystery that has consumed a lot of us over time...
There are some smart people here who dedicated alot of time in finding answers ... thank you for helping me lift that weight off my shoulders... i truly felt alone with my thoughts, theories and questions for a really long time .
Then for whatever reason at a particular low and sad time in my life people started coming into my life . And asking questions about things i had repressed but never forgot...

At points I even felt as if some of the statements i gave early on ...were misinterpreted by some , however i now know that victims of PTSD will mistakenly identify certain details initially such as colors or physical features for example.

I guess What im trying to say is sometimes my details are altered either by me or those who interpret them ... nonetheless it was real and i lived it , and i also know now im not alone ...

Someone who i respect very much once told me:
" you don't have to be afraid to say your afraid" ... good advice

Jared, I am so glad that you are working through all of this. I hope it will be very healing for you. You deserve every happiness that life has to offer after what you went through as a child.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was posted years ago by former member ... very insightfull, and spot on

Unfortunately for DR and the time being, people are going to speculate his involvement as the abductor or some kind of aid in this kidnapping. He is still officially a POI. His family and the Wetterlings have asked LE to clear his name, but they will not. Noone at any level besides LE knows why DR and Heinrich are POI's completely. The Wetterlings have last declared they are waiting with everyone else to let LE figure out if Heinrich did or did not do the crime. It aint over til Jacob is accounted for.

Really? I just most likely solved an ages old media mystery and now noone knows that Jacobs last print was found next to a tire track for sure, noone is giving it the time of day, because that starts to turn back to LE's theory of a perp on foot again. But we are so tired of all that evidence right?

SAS, sorry I have not done the tracks yet. It's been blistering hot with thunderstorms almost every day, including this coming weekend. I need the dry dust and gravel. I did find the perfect spot. I will get it done, I do owe you that.

SAS, sorry I have not done the tracks yet. It's been blistering hot with thunderstorms almost every day, including this coming weekend. I need the dry dust and gravel. I did find the perfect spot. I will get it done, I do owe you that.

I really appeciate that this hasn't been forgotten. True professional.

DR is having a garage sale at the farm today. Stopped by, Clothes, and instruments mostly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper