Suspect - Daniel Heinrich

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me this baffles me, how much they had on this guy (yes not enough to arrest) compared to how little they had on DR, but they named DR, searched him how many times, when it appears they have this guys footprints car prints with Jacobs at the point the sent ends? Unless Dr's car and shoe size also matches, he should never had been a named poi.

Sure we will never know but I wonder how much of this arrest was FBI/BCA versus Sheriff.

Seems to me they could have brought this guy in at the Statute of limations for Jared and at least tried.

I think the local group may have been incompetent. The feds probably led the charge here

FBI profilers note that a person who commits a heinous crime such as the kidnapping of a child, or murder, often move to a new residence a few weeks after the crime.

It appears that this guy also traded cars...

I was out of town all week, so finally got a chance to read the warrant for Heinrich last night. After the first run-through, and learning some more about Dan Heinrich, here are my takeaways:

1. DR was right about the small dark car. I do wonder even more now about the afternoon car. If that part was true, and if indeed that was Heinrich - it may suggest he had an accomplice.

2. The info released so far is very heavy and damning to Heinrich. Could this be pressure to get him to talk about another perp?

3. Heinrich traded cars, quite often. Even recently he was changing cars frequently.

4. Heinrich is the man who was referenced in Al Garber's book, as the suspect who was arrested for Jared, and whose car had fibers consistent with Jared's snowmobile pants.

5. John Douglas was the legendary FBI profiler (think Jack Crawford, Silence of the Lambs) who developed the profile for Jacob's abductor. He would have also been the one likely consulted to choreograph the questioning of Heinrich following his arrest for Jacob. I wonder about the significance of the special lights and flag that were used as props?

6. How could LE rule out a car in Jacob's case? 3rd generation of investigative team blues??

7. Heinrich moved, a LOT.

8. The Paynesville cases were on LE's radar in the Wetterling investigation from the beginning, that's very clear. Heinrich was an early suspect in those cases as well.

9. Jacob should never have been taken.

10. It appears to me that it was pressure from the feds that led to this arrest.

Hoping to glean more information after a few more reads of the warrant....

Could he have driven past them as they headed towards the store----then turned around, hidden and waited for them to return?

That seems to be the only way it makes sense for him to know they were headed back that way. Maybe he drove past them, stalked them until they went into Tom Thumb, went into Tom Thumb after them to observe them and then left right before the boys in order to set himself up in the driveway knowing they would be heading right back. Perhaps he even heard some of their conversation in the store? If this is the car that DR saw, then he must have driven in facing towards where the house is. Maybe he thought that this was a dirt road and he was going to assault Jacob after driving to a secluded area. Once he realized it was a driveway, he had to go up and turn around with Jacob in the passenger seat. I guess DR heard the car and looked out at just the right moment if this is the case. I can't even believe it. Perhaps law enforcement asked Dan to go along with the ruse that he be named POI in order to make DJH feel comfortable so they could watch him and possibly locate Jacob? Had me convinced in any case.

I think at this point it is clear that more information is missing from this story (beyond the obvious). Here is the dilemma:

1. Documents related to the new POI were inadvertently unsealed in 1996 and authorities were quick to re-seal them. The sealing and re-sealing indicates that the significance of the POI was known to authorities from the beginning. There were only 2 other persons in that list, and one of them died (I think before 1996).

2. Though I never had a name, when I pushed buttons someone indicated to me that they already knew who the perpetrator was, and that it was not who I originally suspected. This person was in the right position to know about the new POI from the very beginning.

3. Counterintuitively, there is no indication so far that the new POI was the subject of ongoing surveillance, search warrants or other investigative activity over the last 26 years (beyond the work done around the time of the kidnapping).

4. Counterintuitively, considerable resources were applied to DR, even though authorities knew the above. Moreover, by DR’s own testimony, he corroborated non-public information the authorities had regarding the car used in the crime.

Considering that we were told for the past five years that Rassier was the perp, I can't help but be a little skeptical about Heinrich. It sort of reminds me of the Etan Patz case; there's one suspect for years, and then out of nowhere, they have found the real killer.

(modsnip)

Okay, I know they searched his parents' property...so it was never implied by investigators that he was the perp? What did they say about him in the last 5 years?

Okay, I know they searched his parents' property...so it was never implied by investigators that he was the perp? What did they say about him in the last 5 years?

Here is a thought. Put yourself in their shoes. Someone identifies the correct vehicle. Either they are an innocent witness to the crime itself, or either they know too much. Now, what if you had reason to think there were two adults in the driveway during the crime? I think the new POI is the guy and DR was not involved, but I can see why they might look into DR as a source of more info, even if they thought it was a long shot.

Co rd 2 goes from Cold Spring (on Hwy 23) right into St Joe and then Hwy 75 goes right into Waite Park & St Cloud

Where did you hear/read this info? Wow! I heard he had several bins of boys clothes, however

Yea, the warrant says they were *looking* for that shirt, but the complaint does not indicate that it was found.

Thank you! Sorry, my mistake. I was typing ahead of thinking. lol. Yes, Fingerhut was right across from the ice arena where Jacob went to hockey practice back in 1989. :/ They also have a storage facility further west across the Sauk River.
Really? DJH worked at a Fingerhut location right across the street from Jacob's ice hockey rink? Is this the rink where he, Trevor, & Jerry went skating on the day of the abduction?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Take a step back and realize the awful crime this man is already being charged with. There is no innocent "victim" here

Really? DJH worked at a Fingerhut location right across the street from Jacob's ice hockey rink? Is this the rink where he, Trevor, & Jerry went skating on the day of the abduction?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yes, and Jerry is not Nostradamus.

Take a step back and realize the awful crime this man is already being charged with. There is no innocent "victim" here

I don't think anyone thinks Heinrich is an innocent victim. I just want to make sure this isn't another "John Mark Karr" situation (the man who was arrested for JonBenet's murder and charges were later dropped).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel