Ted Kennedy

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
No, I already said I don't think it was murder one, I think at best it was involuntary manslaughter. I don't think Ted wanted her dead. I think it was a tragic accident in which he used very poor judgement and was probably impaired by alcohol. This man should not be hounded until he dies! He has accomplished a lot of great things in his political life.

A lot of people believe that Jon Benet died as a result of manslaughter. I don't know of anyone who believes her death was premeditated.

Yes, he should be hounded. And worse.

No, I already said I don't think it was murder one, I think at best it was involuntary manslaughter. I don't think Ted wanted her dead. I think it was a tragic accident in which he used very poor judgement and was probably impaired by alcohol. This man should not be hounded until he dies! He has accomplished a lot of great things in his political life.

Patsy Ramsey was Miss West Virginia, that's an accomplishment too.

A lot of people believe that Jon Benet died as a result of manslaughter. I don't know of anyone who believes her death was premeditated.
I for one do. You obviously don't read the JBR Forum.

I'm not a Republican, but I agree with him completely. Are you saying that supporting a murderer is a Democrat tenet?
No, I am saying that by bringing this all up when you find out the man is dying of cancer is very much a partison thing to do.

No, I am saying that by bringing this all up when you find out the man is dying of cancer is very much a partison thing to do.

Being a Kennedy, a Senator, having a brain tumor, like being a beauty pageant queen, is not license to kill.

Being a Kennedy, a Senator, having a brain tumor, like being a beauty pageant queen, is not license to kill.

He didn't actively kill her, and winning a beauty pageant is not on the same level as being a senator.

He didn't actively kill her, and winning a beauty pageant is not on the same level as being a senator.

The evidence suggest that no, he didn't "actively" kill her but his ACTIONS did submerge her in the car to die slowly. Whether he commited other crimes against her that night is open to debate.

So you believe elected officials are in some way 'above' the rest of us, beauty queens or not?

I only came here to pay my respects to the man...not to debate a 40 year old case which is closed. If you want the case reopened...talk to the people responsible for doing that so you can go after him. I thought this thread was to discuss his medical condition which I find horrendous. I feel sorry for him and his family.

I don't know that the thread said there could be no discussion of Kennedy's past, which will never escape his legacy.

I didn't say that, Trino. I am not surprised it has become an "off with his head" thread, but I do feel it is in poor taste.

We could take a look at some of the terrific things he has had a hand in accomplishing in his legislative career:

"the Civil Rights Act of 1964, for which he delivered his maiden Senate speech; the Voting Rights Act of 1965; the expansion of the voting franchise to 18-year-olds; the $24 billion Kennedy-Hatch law of 1997, which provided health insurance to children with a new tax on tobacco; two increases in the minimum wage; the Kennedy-Kassebaum bill, which made health insurance portable for workers; the 1988 law that allocated $1.2 billion for AIDS testing, treatment and research; the 1990 Americans With Disabilities Act; the 1993 Family and Medical Leave Act; and last year's 1,200-page education reform act, which he negotiated directly with President Bush and his staff.

Kennedy has also helped abolish the poll tax, liberalize immigration laws, fund cancer research and create the Meals on Wheels program for shut-ins and the elderly. In 1985 Kennedy and Republican Lowell Weicker co-sponsored the legislation that imposed economic sanctions on the apartheid government of South Africa. The bill became law despite opposition from Bob Dole, a filibuster by Jesse Helms and a veto by President Reagan. Only Kennedy could have mustered the votes to override by 78 to 21 a veto from Reagan at the height of his power."

more at link http://www.talkleft.com/story/2008/5/20/143847/854

I understand that this list may excite Dems more the Repubs, but some of it should touch all of us! He really has led an amazing life. I did not know that he helped create Meals on Wheels. My Dad was heavily involved in that program with our church when I was younger.

Scm I am at the hair salon and can barely read what I am posting on my phone but I think I got the gist of your post. But my eyes are awful.. What are your thoughts on tookie williams? who would decide who gets the chance to pay their debt to society on their own terms and not be incarcerated?
That's why we love ya, JBean!

I agree, Linask...jmo, but some people may only know Senator Ted Kennedy from the Mary Jo story and do not know him in the political sense.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966
Back