Ted Kennedy

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My prayers for Ted Kennedy and his family. He has lived a rich full life and something always gets us eventually.

I wonder how treatable the tumor is? I hope he has peace through this stage of the game.

My prayers for Ted Kennedy and his family. He has lived a rich full life and something always gets us eventually.

I wonder how treatable the tumor is? I hope he has peace through this stage of the game.

Dr. Timothy Johnson, medical contributor for ABC says this type of cancer is not a good diagnosis and that people with this probably live about 18 mos.

Is anyone watching the senate statements on CNN? Sen. Byrd just broke my heart. He was so choked up he could barely speak. :( It seems like a lot of people are already writing him off for dead since the news of the tumor broke. :confused:

Is anyone watching the senate statements on CNN? Sen. Byrd just broke my heart. He was so choked up he could barely speak. :( It seems like a lot of people are already writing him off for dead since the news of the tumor broke. :confused:

Unfortunately (or fortunately), we're all written off for dead - most of just don't know when it is going to be.

OMG! His actions weren't just actions, he left this girl to die a horrible death and went home and went to bed.

You think flagellating is bad? He should have been tried (and convicted!!!) of at LEAST negligent homicide. I hope you don't have any daughters.

Talk about head shaking.

I am sorry he has a brain tumor but I am with you on this one Karole. I also fail to see the analogy between an act of cowardice like this and Laura Bush's accident at 16. As a matter of fact, good ole Teddy has been picked up some 4 times for DUI, as well, and once was going ninety mph in the dark with no headlights. Laura ran a stop sign had an accident and someone was killed (indeed he was a friend of hers at school) but I never heard that she repeated this kind of behavior or left the scene. She was a teen-age girl, probably distracted, chatting and inexperienced. There but for the grace of God. I hardly think that tragedy compares to Teddy's misdeeds. And to compare a war (which was put to a vote) to the MJ Kopechne debacle is hardly apt either.

Eve

Unfortunately (or fortunately), we're all written off for dead - most of just don't know when it is going to be.

So true. While this family has had it's share of tragedies, haven't most families had their fair share?

We all have our time. Senator Kennedy has had a fairly long, very rich life.

I am sorry he has a brain tumor but I am with you on this one Karole. I also fail to see the analogy between an act of cowardice like this and Laura Bush's accident at 16. As a matter of fact, good ole Teddy has been picked up some 4 times for DUI, as well, and once was going ninety mph in the dark with no headlights. Laura ran a stop sign had an accident and someone was killed (indeed he was a friend of hers at school) but I never heard that she repeated this kind of behavior or left the scene. She was a teen-age girl, probably distracted, chatting and inexperienced. There but for the grace of God. I hardly think that tragedy compares to Teddy's misdeeds. And to compare a war (which was put to a vote) to the MJ Kopechne debacle is hardly apt either.

Eve

Eve-

Thank you very much for saying so well what I have been thinking.

Yeah, and I wonder why the U.S. gives billions of dollars in financial aid to poorer countries every year. Where are the kudos for that?

http://www.america.gov/st/washfile-english/2007/May/20070524165115zjsredna0.2997553.html

http://www.state.gov/f/releases/factsheets2007/80048.htm

In the wrong forum, but :clap::clap::clap: Understatement of the year. It should be shouted from every rooftop in the U.S., but isn't. And Americans wonder why the U.S. (the nation, not the people) is so widely hated and distrusted around the world.

oh my gosh!
You can murder a woman, abuse your power and get away with it, get arrested over and over for DUI's where you could have killed many other people and just be an all together hypocrit yet people will say you are the savior of the human race when you get a brain tumor.

oh please. He is a Kennedy which really does not impress me much considering how much trash they were involved in back in the day, they seem to have a problem keeping their pants up and their "members" to themselves and they seem to rape women on beaches and everyone is totally OK and SAD when one of them is sick.

Drowning is a bad way to die just go ask Mary Jo Kopechne. This chump is getting off way to easy.

Being a Kennedy won't help him with this one

I dunno, those Kennedy's have some satanic pull somewhere..maybe if he goes drowns another of his mistresses he will be allowed to live another 50 years.

Eve

AMEN. There is no comparison. I don't delight in anyone's pain, but this man doesn't deserve any sympathy, and I'm certainly not going to pretend like he's done anything more than get away with murder and then milk the public for money because he wasn't capable of holding a job down in the real world.

My father died of this same type of tumor-and his started with him having a seizure suddenly, just like Mr. Kennedy.

It's a very horrible way to die, the tumor caused my father at age 54 to lose his speech, be unable to walk and left him like a child for the last 8 months of his life.

There are new surgical options and treatments, and I hope one of them helps the Kennedy family thtough this awful disease...

Shannon

My father died of this same type of tumor-and his started with him having a seizure suddenly, just like Mr. Kennedy.

It's a very horrible way to die, the tumor caused my father at age 54 to lose his speech, be unable to walk and left him like a child for the last 8 months of his life.

There are new surgical options and treatments, and I hope one of them helps the Kennedy family thtough this awful disease...

Shannon

Shannon, I'm sorry about your father. No one should have to suffer the devastating effects of this type of illness. My father also died when he was 54.

You know, I think the man has been an incredible resource for this country...he has unparalleled political experience compared with most of those who are currently in Washington, and he is consistent. Has he made poor choices in his personal life? Probably-he has demons that drive him like many other powerful people who have hit a glass ceiling because of their inner compass.

I have known him to be a senator that has championed people's causes, no matter how insignificant they have seemed at the time. I recall an employee of mine who had a husband who returned from the first Gulf War unable to function because of bizarre cancers and syndromes that had overcome his body. For 4 years he was denied VA benefits because his "illness" did not exist according to the Defense department. Ted K flew him to Congress to participate in hearings and committee meetings that virtually COMPELLED our government to acknowledge Gulf War Syndrome....saving the life of not only this proud marine who had so ably defended his country, but also the lives of his family and children.

JMHO. Bless you Ted-I hope it is nothing serious because your country desperately needs you....
Thank you! I enjoyed your post. To me, it was a breath of fresh air in this thread. My prayers and good thoughts are with Senator Kennedy and his family at this time.

My father also died from a brain tumor. He was 64. From diagnosis to death was 4 months and it was horrible to watch. I won't condone anything Senator Kennedy did in his past but I also won't cheer because he is sick. For someone to refuse to extend sympathy to a person who is this sick is asking for their own bad karma - in my opinion.

My prayers for the Kennedy's.

My father also died from a brain tumor. He was 64. From diagnosis to death was 4 months and it was horrible to watch. I won't condone anything Senator Kennedy did in his past but I also won't cheer because he is sick. For someone to refuse to extend sympathy to a person who is this sick is asking for their own bad karma - in my opinion.

My prayers for the Kennedy's.

Excellent first post!!!! Welcome.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoly1966