Teen sues parents after being ‘kicked out,’ wants money

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wasn't the phone call where the mother "screamed and cursed" at the daughter the same phone call where the daughter had been busted at a school dance as being drunk? If so, then it's no wonder mom had a fit over it.

MOO

Wasn't the phone call where the mother "screamed and cursed" at the daughter the same phone call where the daughter had been busted at a school dance as being drunk? If so, then it's no wonder mom had a fit over it.

MOO

I think it might've been.

Not sure who caused the situation but IMHOO this chick should be ashamed for suing her parents. She should get a job and work her spoiled azz through college.

Here is an example of how I think the parents have blown it:

Denial: Mr Kitzmiller said Sean Canning (pictured in tears with his wife Elizabeth in court on Tuesday) only met his son once, adding angrily: 'It's always the boyfriend who is the bad influence'http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2574016/EXCLUSIVE-Now-PARENTS-war-Father-boyfriend-accused-corrupting-cheerleader-whos-suing-mom-dad-furiously-hits-claims-drove-home-drunk-3-30am.html

It's true. I read their declarations and they blamed another boy who later broke up with her, of being a bad influence. Sometimes it's not everyone else who is the problem. Sometimes it's your own kid.

I read in the doc's that the parents claim that she had been pulled over for speeding several times. I wonder how many tickets she got - I'm guessing NONE. Dad is former police chief.

This is what is getting to me. They cared about her education. Made sure she went to a good school and got a good education. They could have sent her to public school and that would be that.

I am so irritated with this child. I raised a teen girl. It ain't no picnic.

Oh boy you are so right. The magic number soon to be 18 is a whole can of worms. My sister's 2nd daughter kept saying when I am 18 I am on my own. The advantage my sister had she already had that experience with her 1st daughter that was 3 yrs. older. She was devastated when the older one would say that. By the time the 2nd daughter started my sister was confident it was just a ploy to get her way. At 24 yrs. old the 2nd daughter was still home. My sister would whisper to me what happen to when "I am 18 I am outta here"
This girl suing her parents is a spoiled brat and the family harboring her are way out of line. I am surprised that the catholic school would approve of this. Like someone said It is a catholic school what happen to "Honor thy Father and Mother" ? ? I think this is how most parents who care about their children would discipline. If you don't like it leave we have rules in this house. This spoiled Brat has taken it too far with her enabling Attorney/home away from home guy.

Here is an example of how I think the parents have blown it:

It's true. I read their declarations and they blamed another boy who later broke up with her, of being a bad influence. Sometimes it's not everyone else who is the problem. Sometimes it's your own kid.

Also, according to the declarations the Kitzwiller (sp?) parents would drop their daughter off at 3:30 in the morning, drunk to their home and also attempted to lie to the school when both of their children were out on suspension. According to the declaration their son picked her up from the parking lot where she was supposed to be helping her dad as punishment for the suspension and asked the mother to lie to the school that her daughter was allowed to be there, so they wouldn't get into more trouble with the school and so it wouldn't affect their chances at college.

I am not liking those parents one bit.

I do however agree that their own daughter is equally to blame but I see it a bit different.

Well, I kind of get that.

What have me pause, for a brief moment, was the following:

1. Apparently several of her parents' friends are contributing to her high school tuition.
2. Two sets of parents took her in and one is not only bankrolling this litigation, they are sending her to therapy.
3. It appears the school called CPS, not the child, according to court records, which we do not have all of, after her mother was heard on speakerphone cursing and screaming at the daughter.

4. Her allegations that her dad kept getting her drunk and saying she was more than a daughter, are specific.
5. If she has borderline personality disorder, that comes from abuse or neglect. I'm not sure about the causes of histrionic or narcissistic personality disorders. Perhaps she has none of those and is just a brat. But if she made up those stories about her dad, she's got to be crazy, right? Anorexia and bulimia can also come from inappropriate relationships with family members and/or abuse.

Despite the above, the reasons I don't think there's anything to her complaints includes the fact that sHe told her mom she'd like to defecate on her face. Who says that? Now her attorney stated her mom talks the same way and certain exhibits and declarations from the girl's pleadings were omitted from the PDF the media provided, so I have no evidence to state that's true. I know if my kid talked to me like that, I'd blow my top and there would be some screaming.

But what really convinces me there is no merit to this young woman's claims are the emails from her asking to come home, then apologizing profusely and admitting to her horrible behavior and finally, when her dad calmly responded with the rules she would have to abide by, including not seeing her boyfriend, she told him to take a flying leap.

I think this girl is a good liar and convinced her friends' parents of certain things. I think once they see that she said she would like to defecate on her mother's face, she may lose some of that support.

To clarify, the court did not, as someone mentioned above, issue a partial ruling denying her payment of her school tuition. The court denied ALL temporary orders requested and set it for hearing.

Finally, she's not going to win this. She is misapplying NJ law which can require divorced parents to pay their kids' college, and other laws, I think, which probably have to do with how long divorced parents must pay child support (in NJ, it seems poorly defined but until the child is "emancipated", from what I can gather, which I believe has to do with a situation in which a kid is 18 but still at home, in high school).

The laws the kid cited do not alpply to her situation and no way will the courts set a precedent that a spoiled child can live according to their rules and force the parents to fund their lifestyle.

My answer would be far different if CPS had found abuse and the kid could not safely live at home.

BBM. This is what gets me about the situation. Most people aren't shelling out that much money for someone else's child, without some sort of provocation.

I don't think she stands a chance, legally. But I think there's more to this situation than her being an entitled brat. And even if she is an entitled brat, well, that didn't occur in a vacuum either. Frankly, I'm not impressed at all with the parents.

1. Apparently several of her parents' friends are contributing to her high school tuition.
2. Two sets of parents took her in and one is not only bankrolling this litigation, they are sending her to therapy.
3. It appears the school called CPS, not the child, according to court records, which we do not have all of, after her mother was heard on speakerphone cursing and screaming at the daughter.
4. Her allegations that her dad kept getting her drunk and saying she was more than a daughter, are specific.
5. If she has borderline personality disorder, that comes from abuse or neglect. I'm not sure about the causes of histrionic or narcissistic personality disorders. Perhaps she has none of those and is just a brat. But if she made up those stories about her dad, she's got to be crazy, right? Anorexia and bulimia can also come from inappropriate relationships with family members and/or abuse.

Despite the above, the reasons I don't think there's anything to her complaints includes the fact that sHe told her mom she'd like to defecate on her face. Who says that? Now her attorney stated her mom talks the same way and certain exhibits and declarations from the girl's pleadings were omitted from the PDF the media provided, so I have no evidence to state that's true. I know if my kid talked to me like that, I'd blow my top and there would be some screaming.

But what really convinces me there is no merit to this young woman's claims are the emails from her asking to come home, then apologizing profusely and admitting to her horrible behavior and finally, when her dad calmly responded with the rules she would have to abide by, including not seeing her boyfriend, she told him to take a flying leap.

I think this girl is a good liar and convinced her friends' parents of certain things. I think once they see that she said she would like to defecate on her mother's face, she may lose some of that support.

To clarify, the court did not, as someone mentioned above, issue a partial ruling denying her payment of her school tuition. The court denied ALL temporary orders requested and set it for hearing.

Finally, she's not going to win this. She is misapplying NJ law which can require divorced parents to pay their kids' college, and other laws, I think, which probably have to do with how long divorced parents must pay child support (in NJ, it seems poorly defined but until the child is "emancipated", from what I can gather, which I believe has to do with a situation in which a kid is 18 but still at home, in high school).

The laws the kid cited do not alpply to her situation and no way will the courts set a precedent that a spoiled child can live according to their rules and force the parents to fund their lifestyle.

My answer would be far different if CPS had found abuse and the kid could not safely live at home.

Based on what I could find on NJ law, I thought it applied exactly the way you described. I thought I was wrong because the judge didn't just dismiss the case outright.

I think that is fake. Her real Facebook page can be found through her dad's page. He links to it when he posted her prom pictures from May 2013. (Not sure if it's okay to post the link to her real page.)

It could be fake but it appears to be a page solely about the case and not her personal FB page?

Also, according to the declarations the Kitzwiller (sp?) parents would drop their daughter off at 3:30 in the morning, drunk to their home and also attempted to lie to the school when both of their children were out on suspension. According to the declaration their son picked her up from the parking lot where she was supposed to be helping her dad as punishment for the suspension and asked the mother to lie to the school that her daughter was allowed to be there, so they wouldn't get into more trouble with the school and so it wouldn't affect their chances at college.

I am not liking those parents one bit.

I do however agree that their own daughter is equally to blame but I see it a bit different.

Yeah, I kind of sense there are a lot of parents of very spoiled, entitled kids involved in this.

Based on what I could find on NJ law, I thought it applied exactly the way you described. I thought I was wrong because the judge didn't just dismiss the case outright.

The judge could not. What you saw was an emergency hearing. All the judge can do at an emergency hearing is determine whether there is an emergency, and if so, whether temporary orders need to be issued pending a regular hearing, and to set a hearing date. That's it.

I think it's clear, though, that the judge is not going to rule in favor of the daughter at the regular hearing. he made his thoughts pretty clear already. I bet the girl is trying to settle with the parents, as we speak. (I hope they don't give in).

The next thing that can happen is some sort of motion seeking summary judgment or a dismissal, on the part of the parents. But they haven't had a chance to do that yet. They will probably do something of the sort or just argue there is no case, at the next hearing.

Just no way can this girl win.

DYFS should be called to look into Mr and Mrs Inglesino and their underage "alcoholic" parties for teenagers....or am I stepping on their "parenting" toes. (pg 53 & pg 79)

Alcohol served at a 15 year olds birthday party by her parents? Is that even legal? That is just horrible- or was it the 15 year old's mother serving wine coolers to her 15 year old daughter and her friends in the Limo? What are 15 year olds doing in a limo to begin with? What a waste of hard earned money. How lavish, ridiculous and dangerous. Who are these people?

Not sure who caused the situation but IMHOO this chick should be ashamed for suing her parents. She should get a job and work her spoiled azz through college.

I wouldn't hire her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that is fake. Her real Facebook page can be found through her dad's page. He links to it when he posted her prom pictures from May 2013. (Not sure if it's okay to post the link to her real page.)

Why not? She's 18 and only a victim of her own actions.

BBM. This is what gets me about the situation. Most people aren't shelling out that much money for someone else's child, without some sort of provocation.

I don't think she stands a chance, legally. But I think there's more to this situation than her being an entitled brat. And even if she is an entitled brat, well, that didn't occur in a vacuum either. Frankly, I'm not impressed at all with the parents.

I'm not impressed. However, no parent is perfect and hindsight is always 20/20.

She is far from an abused child that's in need of financial assistance....of any kind.

I've met many, many girls in my life...that could convince other people the world is flat. There is a certain type of girl, that is manipulative in the right ways to get enormous sympathy, potentially make others look bad, and get exactly what they want. I really think she seems to be that type of girl. JMO, of course.

I've met many, many girls in my life...that could convince other people the world is flat. There is a certain type of girl, that is manipulative in the right ways to get enormous sympathy, potentially make others look bad, and get exactly what they want. I really think she seems to be that type of girl. JMO, of course.

I think she will lose more than a few "supporters" after reading her "accepting responsibility & turning over new leaf" and the she wants to "______in her mothers face" transcribed voicemail message.

While abuse and neglect could contribute to BPD, this personality disorder can occur in individuals who have been neither abused nor neglected. We cannot assume that a person with BPD has been subjected to abuse.

Causes of Borderline Personality Disorder
Researchers today don’t know what causes borderline personality disorder. There are many theories, however, about the possible causes of borderline personality disorder. Most professionals subscribe to a biopsychosocial model of causation — that is, the causes of are likely due to biological and genetic factors, social factors (such as how a person interacts in their early development with their family and friends and other children), and psychological factors (the individual’s personality and temperament, shaped by their environment and learned coping skills to deal with stress). This suggests that no single factor is responsible — rather, it is the complex and likely intertwined nature of all three factors that are important. If a person has this personality disorder, research suggests that there is a slightly increased risk for this disorder to be “passed down” to their children.

http://psychcentral.com/lib/symptoms-of-borderline-personality-disorder/0001063

As with other mental disorders, the causes of borderline personality disorder aren't fully understood. Experts agree, though, that the disorder results from a combination of factors. Factors that seem likely to play a role include:

Genetics. Some studies of twins and families suggest that personality disorders may be inherited or strongly associated with other mental disorders among family members.
Environmental factors. Many people with borderline personality disorder have a history of childhood abuse, neglect and separation from caregivers or loved ones.
Brain abnormalities. Some research has shown changes in certain areas of the brain involved in emotion regulation, impulsivity and aggression. In addition, certain brain chemicals that help regulate mood, such as serotonin, may not function properly.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...rsonality-disorder/basics/causes/con-20023204

Environmental Risk Factors
Of all environmental factors that place a person at risk for developing borderline disorder, those associated with poor or uninformed parenting appear to be the most critical.9,11,12 These include early separation from one or both parents, repeated emotional, physical or sexual abuse by someone within or outside of the family itself, and inconsistent, unsupportive care. Poor parenting can also include failing to protect the child from repeated abuse by the other parent, another member of the family, or an outsider.

It is important to understand that children who have not been exposed to such environmental traumas can still develop borderline disorder. This suggests that in some people the biological risk of developing the disorder is very high, and may be sufficient in the absence of environmental traumas.

http://www.bpddemystified.com/what-is-bpd/causes/

BBM

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz