Tempo Restaurant: What Happened There?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I guess I'm thinking, he may have ordered and maybe consumed those beers sometime after paying for the whiskey shots.....sometime before he left Tempo the first time....

If he left tempo w/ an open tab, to me that says he intended to go back.

Was he going to find a lost "friend" on the street?

I dunno just mulling

If they do not serve any food after 10pm (can they do this in VA, serve only alcohol?) then they can and must prevent entrance to anyone under drinking age, as a rule. If they were a part of a dinner party, I am sure they can stay past ten at table if they are stilling dining, but would be told that no one under twenty-one could proceed on into the bar. Not sure about places that serve both alcohol and some food after ten-I think minors are allowed. But just going by states I have lived in, and using 10pm as an example. Jmo

I can confirm this. Bartender of 25 years in central Virginia.

Thats the entire reason for the door person being stationed outside, to check ID's and to make sure no one gets in under the age of 21 after a certain time.

If theres a band playing door people will also collect a cover charge but that doesnt seem to be the case at Tempos that night.

My guess is that the door person saw an obviously inebriated Hannah Graham, assumed she was of age to be out this late and drunk, with an older male, and didnt bother to check her ID at 1am.

The door person could have been drunk herself at this point or she could have stepped away to go to the bathroom without getting someone else to watch the door.

IMO the doorperson tells on her self when she says she sees JLM come out of a side door at closing time and then suddenly HG appears magically out of nowhere at his side (despite not seeing her outside before then) .....not only that but shes so drunk that he appears to be holding her up.

Who was holding her up before JLM came outside and where did she come from if she wasnt inside with him?

Yes, of course it's possible they'd keep a tab open for someone. But according to staff, that's not what occurred in this case. I imagine it varies from venue to venue. In NYC, where bars / clubs often have high volume and a lot of turnover, it's not unusual to pay and tip as one orders. Bar or table seating is different, b/c then it's expected one will settle prior to leaving like in a restaurant.

Tempo, if I understand correctly, turned into more of a nightclub with dancing late at night, which makes it harder to keep track of people. Just imo.

The owner of tempo said he ws closing a tab, according to reports.

I don't believe tempo would not allow someone to open a tab. If you leave without paying they keep your credit card and charge the tab plus tip, in my experience.

Jmo
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...2b10cc-44b1-11e4-b437-1a7368204804_story.html

If that were the case there would be no reason for JLM to close the tab then.

Thats beside the point anyway IMO.

He ordered and then payed for two beers a minute later according to Coys article.

There wasnt a tab because he was paying for each round as he went.
I agree. The article per Coy clearly states that he ordered 2 drinks at 1:09, not that he decided to pay for some he had consumed earlier. He paid for the two drinks at 1:10 and apparently that is substantiated by the receipts. JMO

If that were the case there would be no reason for JLM to close the tab then.

Thats beside the point anyway IMO.

He ordered and then payed for two beers a minute later according to Coys article.

There wasnt a tab because he was paying for each round as he went.

And there wasn't a tab because he knew he would be leaving after that first round. :(

Well, I'm going by the time stamp on the Sal's video. Hannah clearly isn't texting. She's not holding her phone or putting it in her pocket. While she could have sent the text shortly before appearing on video, I just don't think that's likely. I think the phone would still be in her hand if she did.

Hambirg, that had me wondering, too, why we don't see HG texting while supposedly making that 1:06 final text, when that was also the time given for when we see her on video passing Sal's Pizza.

So then I thought....what if she had lost her phone in the area of 14th and Wertland before her journey to McGrady's etc, and whoever had found it composed that last message lost 14th & Wertland (we don't know the exact words, do we?). To alert where the phone was lost to whoever was texting Hannah's phone?

That could explain another thing that had puzzled me, which is why we don't see her holding up and referring to her phone like you would imagine if she had been using the phone's gps navigator. Hmmm.....something to ponder?

Hambirg, that had me wondering, too, why we don't see HG texting while supposedly making that 1:06 final text, when that was also the time given for when we see her on video passing Sal's Pizza.

So then I thought....what if she had lost her phone in the area of 14th and Wertland before her journey to McGrady's etc, and whoever had found it composed that last message lost 14th & Wertland (we don't know the exact words, do we?). To alert where the phone was lost to whoever was texting Hannah's phone?

That could explain another thing that had puzzled me, which is why we don't see her holding up and referring to her phone like you would imagine if she had been using the phone's gps navigator. Hmmm.....something to ponder?

How close is 14th and Wertland to the overpass Ive seen mentioned in this thread? The one just after the gas station?

We know she ran though that area and several locals have said they can understand why, it being so dark and foreboding.

Im just wondering if thats possibly when she lost the phone?

I don't think so. LE knows that text did not come from 14th and Wertland. I think it likely came from the mall. There is a text saying she is lost around 14th and Wertland, but she is on the DM when it is sent. I also don't think she sent it.

MOO

I don't think so. LE knows that text did not come from 14th and Wertland. I think it likely came from the mall. There is a text saying she is lost around 14th and Wertland, but she is on the DM when it is sent. I also don't think she sent it.

MOO

http://www.wsls.com/story/26595292/p...iminal-history

<Matthew was charged with a felony for attempted grand larceny, misdemeanor assault and trespassing.

The charges stem from an incident on June 4, 2009 where Matthew was accused of assaulting someone while attempting to steal a cell phone. Matthew was arrested on July 8, 2009. The charges were eventually dropped. >

"He tried to steal her cell phone".

IMO It would not be unlike him to take Hannah's phone also.

http://goo.gl/maps/lUD9m

Map and timeline from Tempo to 14th and Wertland (UVA Nursing School / Hospice).

Driving time approximatley 10 minutes with traffic.

If JLM ordered drinks at 1:09am and Hannah's last text was sent at 1:20am (reports vary) that would actually make some sense.

He could have had her in the car already, he drove past a familiar place (UVA Nursing School) and then headed to Old Lynchburg road (another familiar place).

She was probably feeling the effects of the roofie in the "water/drink" he gave her around 1:20am and knew she was in trouble. Hence the "I am lost" verbiage.

It's awful to imagine, but I am certain he drugged her, been there... :( when you realize you've been drugged, you can see and hear, but you can't move. In other words you can not defend yourself or talk. You're stuck inside your body.

Map and timeline from Tempo to 14th and Wertland (UVA Nursing School / Hospice).

If JLM ordered drinks at 1:09am and Hannah's last text was sent at 1:20am (reports vary) that would actually make some sense.

He could have had her in the car already, he drove past a familiar place (UVA Nursing School) and then headed to Old Lynchburg road (another familiar place).

She was probably feeling the effects of the roofie in the "water/drink" he gave her around 1:20am and knew she was in trouble. Hence the "I am lost" verbiage.

It's awful to imagine, but I am certain he drugged her, been there... :( when you realize you've been drugged, you can see and hear, but you can't move. In other words you can not defend yourself or talk. You're stuck inside your body.
I feel like if this were the exact situation, she may have chosen to include the word "help" in her text. But I've never been roofied, so I don't know if she would have been aware/with it enough to include that. What do you think?

I feel like if this were the exact situation, she may have chosen to include the word "help" in her text. But I've never been roofied, so I don't know if she would have been aware/with it enough to include that. What do you think?

You're 100% correct.I used the words "help me" but I also had someone there who I knew was going to protect me.

Things don't match up and I think you bring up a very valid perspective.

Didn't LE say that even though that's what the text said, they knew she wasn't in that location when it was sent?...did they know that because of the phones location at time of text or Hannah's?

I agree. The article per Coy clearly states that he ordered 2 drinks at 1:09, not that he decided to pay for some he had consumed earlier. He paid for the two drinks at 1:10 and apparently that is substantiated by the receipts. JMO

I still think its possible Tempo is simply reflecting the times on the receipt, not the actual time of order.

I'm not sure, but I'm just not as convinced as the rest of you, that tempo stated his order from memory. I think they based it off the receipt.

So we'll just agree to disagree on this.

She was seen in front of tempo at 1:40. How would that happen if he already had her in the car?

How close is 14th and Wertland to the overpass Ive seen mentioned in this thread? The one just after the gas station?

We know she ran though that area and several locals have said they can understand why, it being so dark and foreboding.

Im just wondering if thats possibly when she lost the phone?

According to google maps, it is .9 miles. Here are the directions google maps gives:

Head east on Wertland St toward 13th St NW
0.3 mi
Turn left onto 10th St NW
446 ft
Turn right onto Page St
0.2 mi
Turn left onto 8th St NW
0.2 mi
Turn right onto Preston Ave
Destination will be on the left

Of course we know that isn't the route she actually took, because we know she went to McGrady's first. I don't think that's where she lost her phone, since she was texting later than the time we know she entered the Mall.

She was seen in front of tempo at 1:40. How would that happen if he already had her in the car?

Who knows if that report is true. Wasn't that also asserted by the same person who said she was never in Tempo?

I still think its possible Tempo is simply reflecting the times on the receipt, not the actual time of order.

I'm not sure, but I'm just not as convinced as the rest of you, that tempo stated his order from memory. I think they based it off the receipt.

So we'll just agree to disagree on this.

Why would there be two times on the receipt if they were not input in the computer as an order and then a payment? There would be no reason to have two entries one minute apart if he was merely paying an already open tab? Any unpaid orders would already be in the computer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassysyl
Back