Tempo Restaurant: What Happened There?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm not convinced Jesse was "on the prowl all night". Jesse changing directions by crossing the plaza could be because he saw a large crowd that he thought was heading to Tempo and he wasn't ready for the party to end.

Nah. He was either on the prowl or leaving the mall but then spotted Hannah.

So now the real time that the last text was sent was 1:06 am Saturday morning. The cops initially said the last text was sent at 1:20 am-- is all this correct?

We don't know the facts on that text and all different media stations are giving different times some say 1:20 others say 1:06

Nah. He was either on the prowl or leaving the mall but then spotted Hannah.

Based in where is car was reported to be (4th St.), he was walking in the opposite direction of where he was parked in the Sal's Video (the one where he turns around.)

Not sure if Tempo sells craft beer, but it would fit in with its image of relying on local vendors for food supplies.

In terms of being insanely expensive, Tempo is an extremely upscale place-- not at all the kind of place one would think JM would easily fit in. I think it highly unlikely that Tempo has much of a college undergrad crowd-- or even wants one. That is not who they are marketing to.

Lastly, if the recent Coy Barefoot story is to be believed, JM must have spent quite a bit of money on that Friday evening. Seems kind of odd for someone with his kind of job.

I suppose its possible, from the reviews Im seeing on Yelp, Tempo TRIES to be an upscale restaurant and fails miserably.

Insanely high prices for food and beverage, multiple attempts at wrong checks that were thankfully caught by customers, horrible service, astonishing waits for food and a mandatory 20 percent gratuity on all checks?

In 25 years, Ive NEVER worked at any restaurant, fine dining or otherwise, (and there have been a few) that adds an auto grat for EVERY single check.

Parties of 6-8 or more, Yes. Every single table? No

This restaurant is either hemorrhaging money badly or the owners arrogance has caused him to become completely out of touch with reality......making anything he has to say suspect IMO.

I wonder if he has a drug problem he's trying to support because it definitely doesnt sound like he's interested in running a restaurant honestly or ethically.

In fact Im not so sure that C-Ville police shouldnt be talking to him as well at JLM about HGs disappearance.

I think he probably walked the mall to see who was around. It's been said that he was a regular on the Downtown Mall and that locals new him. Heck, the people he was hanging out with earlier that night didn't invite him out, but ran into him while they were out. While I don't make a habit of going out to bars alone, I know that if I were to walk around the Warehouse District in New Orleans for a little bit I would definitely run into a group of people I know and could have a few drinks with. That's how it is in small cities like C'ville. No? I think the thing is that instead of finding a group of people he knew, he saw Hannah, a vulnerable woman walking by herself, and his plans changed. JMO.

Either she didn't send that text, or Jesse told her that she was at that location and she believed him, because today we know that she was with him when the text was sent.

Now investigators don’t believe she was in that area at all.

“We don’t know whether it was auto correct on her phone or she just typed it in wrong, we have no idea,” Capt. Pleasants said.

He said police are now working with the Federal Bureau of Investigations to retrieve phone data that might show where that text was sent from.

“A lot of things happen when you send out messages and text, and we’re following that,” Pleasants said. Police said Graham was “fairly well intoxicated” at the time she was last seen."

http://fox4kc.com/2014/09/17/missin...o-walking-in-opposite-direction-of-apartment/

I'm of the opinion that this text was saved in draft...that it was written earlier, but sent at 1:20 a.m.

I suppose its possible, from the reviews Im seeing on Yelp, Tempo TRIES to be an upscale restaurant and fails miserably.

Insanely high prices for food and beverage, multiple attempts at wrong checks that were thankfully caught by customers, horrible service, astonishing waits for food and a mandatory 20 percent gratuity on all checks?

In 25 years, Ive NEVER worked at any restaurant, fine dining or otherwise, (and there have been a few) that adds an auto grat for EVERY single check.

Parties of 6-8 or more, Yes. Every single table? No

This restaurant is either hemorrhaging money badly or the owners arrogance has caused him to become completely out of touch with reality......making anything he has to say suspect IMO.

I wonder if he has a drug problem he's trying to support because it definitely doesnt sound like he's interested in running a restaurant honestly or ethically.

In fact Im not so sure that C-Ville police shouldnt be talking to him as well at JLM about HGs disappearance.

IIRC, from reading the reviews - the 20% mandatory gratuity was only in place during Restaurant Week. Either way, doesn't sound like a place I would choose. JMO

I kinda/sorta disagree. He was imoo on the prowl when he was touchy feeling at the other bar/resturant when he was touching the Aa woman.

And for a 32 year old man to see an inembrated Hannah>>>>
and follow her >>>>
and buy her a drink (s) and>>>
more or less hold her up when they left...
he was on the prowl.
...so it's been confirmed he bought her a drink(s)? I can't conceive how much HG had to drink to be as intoxicated as she is reported to be over such a period of time AND covering the distance she covered. That said, has anybody witnessed her drinking AFTER leaving the 2nd party she attended?

I don't get it-- the computer records that the last text was sent at 1:06 and the cops say "no no" the message was really sent at 1:20. Is this what you are saying? I guess I don't understand something- not sure what it is

So now the real time that the last text was sent was 1:06 am Saturday morning. The cops initially said the last text was sent at 1:20 am-- is all this correct?

I don't know what the discrepancy could mean... Looks like c-ville learned from one of the friends the text came in at 1:06 though, and they sound sure about that. I believe the police are still saying 1:20 a.m. The Sal's video is time-stamped at 1:06 a.m. though, and it doesn't appear Hannah is sending a text. That's IF the Sal's time-stamp was accurate...

So the time is accurate. The cell phone did not make a mistake recording the time the text was sent- correc?. I guess the auto correct function refers to computerized correction of text. I don't see what/how the computer would correct to give that message. Perhaps she texted an hour earlier that she was lost(when she really may have been lost in the page/10 th street area) and never actually hit the send button. At 1:20 while on the mall at Tempos she did hit the send button and the "I am lost" text was then sent. Could that have happened?

Hopefully, the time disparity of when the "I am lost" text was sent will be explained. If you save something in draft to send later, what time shows up as the sent time? When the message was saved as draft, or when it was sent?

The auto-correct feature could have changed something Hannah wrote into the message her friends received. Wertland? Would auto-correct change something else to that? Maybe a GPS system filled in that street name when she meant it to read something else?

It happens to me occasionally without my having saved it to draft- I don't even know how to do that with a text. But on my iphone if you were to type the message and forget to hit send, when you do send it later, the time shows up as sent when the send button was hit.

I'm sure all of the time discrepancies and texts will be straightened out in time as they get the phone info from Hannah's carrier and cross check with the recipients of all of the texts and calls that night. Also check the times of all of the surv cameras. They are frequently not calibrated to the correct time.

None of that is all that important, as the crucial thing is what happened after Hannah and JM left Tempo and that is fixed at a time after all of that, from cash register receipts there as well as those who were there. I wish there were some sighting, somethng then.

Hopefully, the time disparity of when the "I am lost" text was sent will be explained. If you save something in draft to send later, what time shows up as the sent time? When the message was saved as draft, or when it was sent?

The auto-correct feature could have changed something Hannah wrote into the message her friends received. Wertland? Would auto-correct change something else to that? Maybe a GPS system filled in that street name when she meant it to read something else?

Seems unusual to save a draft text about being lost or stranded... Wouldn't that typically be more of a spontaneous text?

I've considered that it could have been sent by someone else (JLM?) to deliberately mislead investigators to a different area — though that doesn't really make sense, either, b/c of the risk of alerting the authorities if her friend immediately took action. This piece is puzzling. Anyone know whether the friend tried to call Hannah back or text? Look for her?

I am sure he knows the streets. But does he know the correct spelling?

I would think so. He's not dumb. He spent two years at one university, and almost a year at another one.

The timing seems off for JM to have done anything with the text. They were still at the mall at 1:20 Am which is the latest time associated with that text.

If you type "almost" withOUT the "a"- as in "almost at", it becomes the word "lost" when it autocorrects

If the text was sent (either written or a previous draft) at 1:20, that would have been while she was in or outside of Tempo. They say the phone went dead right after that message. Wondering how they know it went dead, and if it did go dead at Tempo, wonder why or how. Battery just happened to die?

Disagree based on following:

1) JM's "looking included" did not help him score earlier in the night, and his actions are not of insecurity, so doubt it would be a motivator for him
2) She was probably thirsty after the walk (whether she was ready for another beer is really difficult to know.)
3) Nobody remembers them both going in (albeit, nobody remembers JM going in the second time.)
4) HG is under age and would not get past the ID checker (She didn't get into McGrady's earlier either.)
4) The action of buying 2 drinks and paying immediately is a finite move, get and go. If he was going to try to shmooze/seduce/drink her into submission at a table, maybe he would have left the tab open, or ordered antoher round of drinks after 1:10.
5) The chances are much higher they would have been seen if hanging together at a table, and it sounds like he stood out like a sore thumb.
6) Both of them were active and fast moving leading up to that, so sitting at a discreet table (if such exists) would be a contrast.

IMO he went into Tempo because it was right there (closest bar on their trajectory?). He knew it inside and out. Not cheap, but convenient.

All this to me says it is more likely than not that he got drinks while she waited outside for 2 minutes, he brought them outside under his shirt, then they drank them on Water St. or in a parking garage or the alley back there since open drinks are not legal on the street. The ID girl only saw them when the came back around the corner and headed up Fifth St.

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter whether they were inside, except to Tempo and except for solving a part of the mystery of HG. The more significant events took place later.

However, it could mean there is some evidence back in that alley. I now remember reading a bloodhound got a hit in a "parking garage on Water St." so I will go back and look at the possible proximity. Water and 4th or Water and 5th stands out to me for some reason.

This makes mot sense to me. I also think Tempo has more to lose by saying she wasnt inside when they knew she was than just saying she wasnt seen. They are insistent she was not inside and if it is proven she was they've got even more explaining to do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBMonsterFighter
Back