Defense Atty:

Defendant
NEVES, TERESA S
Alias

Date # Docket Description
1999-04-01 1 COMPLAINT: KATRINA SYKES HARASSING PHONE CALLS

1999-05-11 2 ANNOUNCEMENT OF NO INFORMATION

http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/crim_dkts/frame.php

Seems she has a history of problems with phones.
Whose to say this isn't something that's ongoing, but no one has reported it? ...hmm IMO

A history? One phone call, that she was never convicted of, 10 years ago and the one that made the complaint was her sister and probably was a family tift..

A history? One phone call, that she was never convicted of, 10 years ago and the one that made the complaint was her sister and probably was a family tift..

Actually, it is one charge, for harassing phone CALLS.

If TN had not called Crystal people would be screaming from the roof tops how cruel it was that they did not call and tell Crystal right away IMO.

TN asking Crystal if she had Haleigh seems natural to me, Haleigh is gone you are the other parent please dear god have my granddaughter because if you don't a stranger has her. If we wanna play the game of well Crystal thought it was a prank because of the awful things TN has done to her in the past, maybe TN asked Crystal if she had Haleigh because of the threats and awful things Crystal had done to TN and RC in the past.

Crystal knew it was not a prank, IMO the only purpose of her using that word was to cover for her lack of urgency and the different versions being told by her and Marie with regards to being notified and their actions after the phone call. MOO

BBM

Perhaps you missed the bolded portion of my post ? Or perhaps you did not understand that "should there be one" does not indicate that there definitely is a pattern ?

Actually, I read it and comprehended it just fine - thank you for your concern.

You made a post, and I replied. You implied there may be a pattern of behavior. I showed there was none. Or, in the alternative, I asked you to show said pattern. Perhaps you did not understand my post. In part, I said this to you:

A pattern of behavior is something that would happen more than once and over a period of time. Do you have something to prove that there was more than once incident, charge, person - anything involving Teresa?

I think, by now, we understand each other just fine and our posts to each are perfectly clear. If you do not have anything on Teresa to show a pattern of behavior, I think we can finish this discussion. No reason to drag this out - I don't think going further will add anything to the thread other than a disruption. :)

While not definatively showing a pattern of behavior, (on the record, mind you) the rap sheet for Mz. Neves shows a propensity to act out in a criminal harassing manner to others. The law does not allow for a defense that the other person "irritated" or "offended" or even was plainly disliked. TN has a record for harassing phone calls. Period.

Actually, I read it and comprehended it just fine - thank you for your concern.

You made a post, and I replied. You implied there may be a pattern of behavior. I showed there was none. Or, in the alternative, I asked you to show said pattern. Perhaps you did not understand my post. In part, I said this to you:

I think, by now, we understand each other just fine and our posts to each are perfectly clear. If you do not have anything on Teresa to show a pattern of behavior, I think we can finish this discussion. No reason to drag this out - I don't think going further will add anything to the thread other than a disruption. :)

Yes, we can conclude definitively that a pattern, beyond the calls we are aware of, may or may not exist - as noted in my first post. No reason to go further - I agree. :) :)

Maybe when CS said "prank" she really meant "this can't be true, she is around the yard somewhere, they just over reacted and LE will find her in a few minutes."

However, that being said, I would have been on the phone to Mom and Dad, while packing up a suitcase, formula, diapers etc. and getting ready to head to Satsuma. Since the call came at 3:49am, I would have been there by 5:30-6:00am. CS had a lot to coordinate first - packing, Brad, kids, schools, a ride, etc. I am sure that first hour was a disorganized mess of emotion and fear.

"Do you have HaLeigh?" would have been my question too, hoping that I would hear a "yes" for whatever reason. It makes me think that CS may have threatened at some point to take the kids from the house because of MC being the designated babysitter. I sure would have made those threats, and carried them out as well, if my children were in such a situation.

Of course, I would have notified LE and CPS about the underage GF too.

This conversation is odd. From what I remember, and I reviewed the police report and many of he videos extensively this weekend, TN did NOT call Crystal to inform her of Haleigh's disappearance. Rather in that phone call her primary question was, "Do you have Haleigh?"

As others have commented it was interesting from the 911 call on that the Cummings family framed this as an abduction. Most parents wouldn't. Instead they would be confused and open to all of the possibilities for why the child might be missing. Instead, we have Ron knowing right from the first that someone took her and TN, in one of her first interviews, says the same.

Seems to me that both Ron and TN wanted to think Crystal had taken Haleigh right from the beginning.
As to TN's obligation to call Crystal, no, it was not hers, Ron should have been the one to call her. Haleigh was their child.
I do not buy the opinion that Crystal did not care just because of one reporter's statement that she did not arrive in Satsuma until almost noon. Reporters can be wrong, very often are... and rarely make corrections.

Seems to me that both Ron and TN wanted to think Crystal had taken Haleigh right from the beginning.
As to TN's obligation to call Crystal, no, it was not hers, Ron should have been the one to call her. Haleigh was their child.
I do not buy the opinion that Crystal did not care just because of one reporter's statement that she did not arrive in Satsuma until almost noon. Reporters can be wrong, very often are... and rarely make corrections.

While true, all you have to do is watch three or four videos to see that under stress Ron de-constructs, resorting to an infantile personality that can't cope.

I can understand from this why Misty was the one who made the 911 call and TN the call to Crystal.

Oh, my. Is this true ? Crystal's arrival time is based upon one reporter's statement ?

I've been surprised since joining WS at the inaccuracies in media reports - shocked really. Also, been surprised at the blatant errors made by THs. They always sound so confidant - but my goodness, imo, that confidance is sometimes unwarranted.

Oh the media gets it so wrong all the time, it is a wonder any of them have jobs.

I don't think any real news reporters or journalists have talked to anyone in the family. The only ones to do so were the Geraldo's of the world and, even though she cracks me up sometimes, NG is in that same pot as he.

What we get is rumors from questionable sources. The so called reporters now use each other as a "source" of information. No one corroborates anything before they air it and they never quote the individuals they talk too. They interpret the answers, they substitute words but do not quote. And they aren't careful about it at all.

I think we'd get more accurate information from the nearest liquor store than we do from these cable newsertainment shows.

Oh, my. Is this true ? Crystal's arrival time is based upon one reporter's statement ?

I've been surprised since joining WS at the inaccuracies in media reports - shocked really. Also, been surprised at the blatant errors made by THs. They always sound so confidant - but my goodness, imo, that confidance is sometimes unwarranted.

That is what I understand, from reading media reports, etc. It was a local reporter from a t.v. station or newspaper, not sure which. Everybody seemed to run with that idea ever since. I know that a few locals stated that she was there that morning by 9:30 or so, talking to the deputies at the SO, but of course some do not want to believe that because they have no link to back it up. Hard to provide a link when you hear it or see it yourself.

I've always felt that just because the reporters did not see her earlier does not prove that she was not there. And it certainly does not prove she did not care or was not interested. JMO.

At least, we know Teresa was there...where I would expect her to be.

I have given up trying to figure out why no one saw Crystal, if she was there...or what took her so long to arrive on the scene when her daughter went missing in the middle of the night before. I guess she must have her reasons and while they will never make sense to me...it is what she has to deal with on her end of things. It will always be suspicious to me.

I have given up trying to figure out why no one saw Crystal, if she was there...or what took her so long to arrive on the scene when her daughter went missing in the middle of the night before
. I guess she must have her reasons and while they will never make sense to me...it is what she has to deal with on her end of things. It will always be suspicious to me.

The fact that this will always remain suspicious to you is perplexing, unless you are implying that Crystal is involved in a crime.

I would not expect her to be allowed IN the house at the scene of the crime. In fact, LE may have told Crystal the same. Maybe TN got in because of her sheriff's badge emblem.....IDK. The crime scene should have been off limits.

Now, if I had an infant and didn't drive....I don't know how fast I would get there. Logically speaking, her getting there late is not the problem......unless, of course you are suggesting she took Haleigh. I think that is where you are going with this, otherwise, this is just a complaint that she was not quick to respond. It is stated as a judgement on her character that she took a few hours to get ready to leave. She was most likely calling relatives locally to monitor the situation while she was packing.

It was stated that no reason makes any sense to you and you will always be suspicious. It is unlikily that my reasoning of Crystal's late arrival will help.

I have given up trying to figure out why no one saw Crystal, if she was there...or what took her so long to arrive on the scene when her daughter went missing in the middle of the night before. I guess she must have her reasons and while they will never make sense to me...it is what she has to deal with on her end of things. It will always be suspicious to me.

Makes no sense to me either. I would have been down there before the sun rose.

IMO, many people have suspicions regarding many of the people involved in this case. What truly matters, IMO, is where is Haleigh and why did she go missing?

Makes no sense to me either. I would have been down there before the sun rose.

I don't really see where it would have made any difference. Haleigh was still missing a couple of hours later, and she's still missing now several months after the fact.

I don't think it would have made a difference in finding HaLeigh but agree with SS that it is suspicious imo

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I don't know how Baker County handles something like this. If the Dad lives in Satsuma and the mother in Baker County, I would think that Satsuma would contact Baker County and someone would be calling Crystal at home to interview her. I would think they would send someone to the home. I only say this, as they wouldn't want to wait until she drove there. They would want answers immediately as to anyone she could think of in her area or friends or enemies that may have taken her. I would bet they would also send LE to her home from Baker county to "check things out" to make sure she wasn't in her home somewhere or on the property. I know it takes time to get one LE County to inform and update another County and drive there and interview them. That is how I understand it to happen where I live, but I am only guessing that could be ONE of the reasons she couldn't just jump in a car and go. They also don't want a distraught mother racing across a County to get there. So just my thoughts.

IMO, many people have suspicions regarding many of the people involved in this case. What truly matters, IMO, is where is Haleigh and why did she go missing?

Sadly, Patty I believe not even the cops know the answers to those questions. My feelings and thoughts are they have botched this case up so badly and they aren't any closer to finding out the answers to those questions than there were 5 months ago. I've been saying for months, either the state police or FBI needs to take this case away from PSCO like yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321