Terri's Emails to Desiree

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
And clearly the gist of it is that Desiree wants people to know she had that "mother's instinct" right away, like she said in the Dateline episode last night. She seems to constantly have to reinforce that she had any sort of mothering instinct where her child was concerned.

Guilt. I think she's torn up about this inside, like she should have been able to prevent it from happening.

Defensive. And she may be feeling attacked because she didn't have physical custody of Kyron.

Based on my experience with others I believe to have a similar personality as TH, they do not do it for the other person. Quite the opposite. I wouldn't be surprised if TH did it to rub salt in the "see what a great Mom I am and you are not" wound, as well as the "see how close Kyron and I are, and all the stuff you're are missing" wound. That mo was a big hurdle for me to get past -- total guilt and jealousy trip. Especially, I would imagine, if the person who's sending you the e-mails basically stole your family -- and I imagine that's how DY perceives it to a certain extent. Did I mention the "I got your husband, AND your kid, and now we have one of our own (did I mention she looks just like me?) so we're the perfect family now" wound?

eta: I forgot the "I get to be a sahm and you're not" wound...

jmoo....

Also, I have read in several places (have no links or time to look for them) that Kyron called TH "Mom".

Has anyone else read that? I recall hearing it on a t.v. station video or reading it. It definitely wasn't in comments or on a blog or anything like that.

That would sting, were I in DY's shoes.

RC

Does Desiree have custody of her other son????? I know she has another son but does anyone know where he lives.........and did she lose custody of him when she was sick as well........

After about the first page this thread went sideways..... Any more email comments?

I'm going to take a shot at answering this because I watched a part of the dateline show last night and honestly the strongest feeling I came away with was that if DY and I ever met (and without the current circumstances) I probably wouldn't care for her much. That said, she is a victim and I don't think anyone intends to belittle that fact. In fact if her relationship with KH was ruined due to an extra-marital affair between KH and TH then she is also a victim of that as well. AND, if she intended to regain custody of Kyron when she recovered but lost him to his father unwillingly then I feel for her situation there also. I certainly don't envy her position, nor does anyone else IMO. BUT, (and this is very hard to say) she distracts from her message with the way she presents herself. Rolling eyes, knowing looks at whoever is there with her, tons of inuendo, absolute insistance that her opinion is absolutely correct. She clearly has a lot of animosity toward TH, and who could blame her for that? However, in this situation it would be appropriate to put personal feelings for TH aside and speak in a matter of fact way. But the way she acts/talks I can't help but be reminded of every jilted wife in history talk smack about the other woman, or that I'm seeing a one sided "cat-fight" (sorry for the stereotype but some of us women do behave that way). I think the reason I find it disturbing is just because I don't like to get involved in situations where people act that way, even if the person doing the talking is right about the other person. And as I see it if DY is this way during this most devastating of situations then it isn't an act, its how she is, and like a lot of people I just shut down and stop listening when a woman talks with barely veiled hatred toward another woman and write it off as unsettled business between them. Right or wrong, its a knee-jerk reaction. I also understand that not everyone sees her body language the way I do and will disagree with all of my observations and I'm good with that, because really in a situation like this there is no right or wrong way to react.

Please don't think I'm slamming DY because I'm not. Her son is missing and frankly she can cope any way she feels she needs to. I'm just trying to give an honest appraisal of why DY isn't winning the hearts of a lot of people, including mine. Of course it doesn't matter one bit what anyone thinks about DY, she has bigger things to worry about. But since you said you don't understand why some people feel the need to put her down I thought I would offer my insite as to why I (and some others too) don't feel warm fuzzies for her. I don't think I've ever put her down though and I'd hope that I never would even though I may question her actions occasionally.

First, I want to say thank you for such an eloquent explanation. I partially agree with this, and I understand better now why some people question DY's words and actions. Yes, it does appear at times that she hates TH and has for a long time. It does appear that this animosity fuels the fire against TH, but that is not what makes me think, personally, that she is guilty.

Even if she harbors great resentment and animosity towards TH, LE has to have more than "the f'in b**** kidnapped my son and probably killed him" in order to do an investigation into TH. As much as my faith was shaken today, I do not believe the LE is going to go off of the word of a mother who hates the stepmother of her child to ruin the life of the stepmother. Regardless of what DY and even KH says about TH, this investigation did not come about because TH failed to win the family popularity contest. It came about because she brought suspicion through a story and timeline that have not added up to LE.

I do understand the need to question DY's words and actions, but I don't think people should make the leap (and I am not accusing you by the way) that this whole thing against TH could have been avoided had KH and DY not ever said anything bad about her. If her story still didn't line up and KH and DY had never said a word about her, LE would still investigate her. That's how LE works. They do not troll the nearest dysfunctional family and investigate the person who is most hated. LE is not Jerry Springer.

Her story didn't match up for LE. There were inconsistencies they are still investigating, and THAT is what makes me think she is guilty. DY and KH could be calling her mother of the year and I would still think she was guilty because her timeline is not adding up. Maybe I'm too cynical, but I can't rationalize everything away like it's just something innocent. I look her at her timeline, which doesn't add up, and her actions since 6/4, which have not been the actions of an innocent woman, and I see someone that is not innocent. She did something, she is guilty of something, and if she's willing to let herself look bad for what happened to Kyron to cover up something else, that is her fault, not DY and KH's fault.

Whether the emails factor into that, I don't know and I really don't care unless she made threats to DY or said something tangible that makes her look bad. I am tired of endless soap opera stuff being said about her, probably as tired as most people, which is why I got so frustrated this afternoon. KH and DY can talk bad about her all they want, but that is not, in the end, what makes me think she's guilty. They are parents, they are victims, and what else can they do but focus on the woman that they believe did this to their son? I don't blame them for the way they feel, but I do think they should talk less about it. Less drama and more facts are SORELY needed here. And nitpicking DY and KH to death about everything they do does not make me think TH is innocent, and is not going to bring Kyron home. Focusing on the drama of TH doesn't help either. I stick with timeline and her actions, the only tangible things here that, to me, point to her guilt.

But I do respect your opinion and the need to question her words and actions. We are all entitled to our opinions, and I am thankful you expressed your point so very well tonight. It's good that we can agree to disagree and still have a good debate. It's what I like best about WS.

Amazing....I truly hope that Kaine and Terri never say another word to the media. Seeing them ripped apart will, hopefully, be a lesson to other parents of missing children. Don't say a word except to plea for your childs safe return. Not too much emotion and not too little...must be just right. Kaine and Desiree tried to be completely open, but no matter what they say, or how they say it, matters. Meanwhile, Terri is sitting pretty while others make excuses for her. Even if she killed Kyron or hid him or sold him....whatever...she is being portrayed as the victim by many.

And, it's not helping to find Kyron. The media wants you for headlines and LE wants you as props. Sickening. :sick:

Amster..I love you're input. I do agree with what you say about the media and LE for sure. But having said that...supposedly the trio had a media advisor...if that was/is the case, then that person should come forward with a level head and address whomever they want to address. Kaine and DY are speaking out of emotions..Their emotions are extremely high, mine would be as well...but there is a better way to get bees with honey..you don't threaten,demand,implore,imply,accuse, and the likes thereof....their emotions to the public are actually personal emotions towards TH...if one is going to plead for the recovery of one's child, there is a way to do it and get the point across to a particular person, without mentioning names....and still asking the public for help...JMO

Also, I have read in several places (have no links or time to look for them) that Kyron called TH "Mom".

Has anyone else read that? I recall hearing it on a t.v. station video or reading it. It definitely wasn't in comments or on a blog or anything like that.

RC

I recall it too, i think it may have been the swimming instructor he was surprised to learn that Th was the stepmom. Not 100% it was that article but i do recall reading it.

After about the first page this thread went sideways..... Any more email comments?
I've got one, G'ma. Regarding the e-mails, without knowing their content, the times they were sent, and from where, there really is nothing to comment about. We can either respect DY's opinion that the e-mails are an indication that something was amiss, or not. Period. There's not even enough information about them to speculate.

This is about a plan by profillers to reveal to all that TH was controlling and manipulating everyone. She was in the control tower.

She told one friend one thing and another friend something else. She told Kaine one thing and Desiree something else.

She created her world and directed it. Even though Desiree had suspicions it is my opinion that she had never sat down and really talked with Kaine. With Kyron's disappearance they have sat down, compared notes and I feel were both lied to by the one in the middle.

If the LE wanted them to stop giving interviews I think they would in a heartbeat.

Remember the parents at Skyline. LE asked them not to talk to the press. This is a profillers plan to destroy Terri's house of cards. and poor little Kyron seeing it all play out and just trying to survive.

re the emails- TH's way of controlling the info to Desiree and no need for Desiree to talk to Kaine.

Kaine and Desiree are doing what they have been asked to and I for one have found it very revealing.

RC

Yes, that, too! I wasn't sure about the Mom thing, so when I read that within the past couple of days, I was like *oh, really?* I'm not a jealous person by nature (at least I don't think so lol), and I really, really do want what's best for my kids. So if the ex has a nice gf who treats them well, it's all good. HOWEVER, I think I posted a while back, that I would be totally shocked and dismayed if my ex or his gf encouraged or condoned my kids calling her "mom." And my feelings wouldn't change if they were married. That is just not right, imo. And if my kids did so on their own (which I can't believe they ever would), I wouldn't be too happy about it, either.

oh, and she's a teacher. Oh, and she's so good with kids...Oh, and...and...

I can certainly understand why DY doesn't care for her much. And if TH's motivations are as I believe them to be, I can understand even more

Kind of :)

"One-sentence e-mails she'd shoot off to me," Young said Tuesday in a one-on-one interview with The Oregonian. "She e-mailed me three of four times that day, which is kind of strange."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/07/day_of_kyron_hormans_disappear.html

It is this type of reporting that is really starting to get my back up and i can see where people think there is a witchhunt going on... Dy actually said that Th would e-mail her up to 5 times a day on a regular basis, what was strange was that Th e-mails were usually wordy and these were not..(paraphrasing not an actual word for word quote) This article makes it sound like it was out of the ordinary that Th would e-mail her IMO....grrrrrr

I would think that if an emergency was going on... Terri probably wouldn't write a long rambling email full of jive. I mean I would think that in a situation like this, where a mother is dying to know what is going on... you would type out what you know and hit the send button rather quickly. Just to not make her wait or read through mindless babble, she just wants to know what is happening.

Because that would be a mean thing to do... when she is five hours away from her son. Tell her what you know, FAST, hit send... wait for her questions... also answer and hit send again as quickly as possible.

At least that is how I would do it. And I'm no fence sitter! Just had to stand on the other side for a moment.

Here's a rough draft of what was talked about in 25 minute interview. The notes I typed in as the interview was played. more detail of course in actual audio interview....

timeline cannot be discussed
90 minute window of time, terri said that cell pings did not match where she was.
came from terri directly. she mentioned the teething and driving around
kaone left 745am, last saw kyron. lil after 8. left at145, got home a lil after 2
terris demeanor-sitting in her chair, emailing and facebook
emailing desiree
supposedly to pick up science project.. didnt make sense
she did take it in the truck..
her story was she had walked thru, set up thursday.
didnt make sense, she didnt bring sense
emailed desiree that she was going to find out when she could pick up project so that desiree could see it.
told about fair, showed pics of kyron. kiara playing in her room, grabbed eat and work in office upstairs
terri was very communicative with desiree,1 sentence emails to dy. abnormal because usually quite wordy and long.3-4 emails. science project, t shirts(that dy still hasnt gotten) irrelevant
no one knows what and where she was doing.. no way to track, no reason to track her.
who said they met up? dede spicher&terri? we didnt know they met up
cant really answere factually about s dede involved. but motherly instinct tells me she involved.
dede smug about questions about kyron. not cooperating
terri knows where kyron is
each friend has a piece of info as to where kyron is. all together where, who, and when
one of terris friends.helped put 40th bday together, every 6mos or so. seemed nice. i dont know.
terri's deception.asking kaine do u want meto talk about? hesitant,
not friends, did not hire to help with kyron.
deception about affair, everything that whole yr or two is all made up
lies about drinking, taking doses far exceeding, drinking herself to sleep every night
made comments that alcohol levels were down at their homes when staying with guests outta town. after dui, more recently
not diagnosed as ppd. told kaine thats what she had, dont know meds
sounds as though kaine believes she was definitely drinking again
where terri got 350,000? very vocal that she paid 350,000
is she asking for terri? no. her demeanor is, she's a whole new kid.
how did u meet terri? not gonna talk about it, we both have our interpretations, but we are united in finding kyron
steroids, not to my understanding. transformation 185 to 123 jan-april 2005 to compete in one contest,only body building.
james spends the summer with his dad. came up when kyron went missing then sent back because of stress back to dads for summer. kaine more structured than terri(per dy) he and terri had alot of problems, said he wanted to live with kaine if something were to happen..
every other weekend, with desiree, split holidays and summers (6 weeks each)

And yet Terri took the time to write "long, rambling missives" about Kyron to Desiree. You don't spend time on something if you don't care about it, IMHO.

So even the length of Terri's e-mails are suspect now? Again, the more the feelings of the parents, and perhaps even LE, rely and are shaped by nitpicks such as this, the more I doubt they've got any real evidence against Terri, and that makes me continue to question whether or not Terri is guilty.

I'm not sure that Desiree said that the long missives were about Kyron?

This is about a plan by profillers to reveal to all that TH was controlling and manipulating everyone. She was in the control tower.

She told one friend one thing and another friend something else. She told Kaine one thing and Desiree something else.

She created her world and directed it. Even though Desiree had suspicions it is my opinion that she had never sat down and really talked with Kaine. With Kyron's disappearance they have sat down, compared notes and I feel were both lied to by the one in the middle.

If the LE wanted them to stop giving interviews I think they would in a heartbeat.

Remember the parents at Skyline. LE asked them not to talk to the press. This is a profillers plan to destroy Terri's house of cards. and poor little Kyron seeing it all play out and just trying to survive.

re the emails- TH's way of controlling the info to Desiree and no need for Desiree to talk to Kaine.

Kaine and Desiree are doing what they have been asked to and I for one have found it very revealing.

:yes: I will consider this a continuation of the initial campaign. The NPD attack. Classic strategy. We've talked about it before. ;)

Deconstruct the false world Terri created and controlled. Call out, even exaggerate Terri's imperfections. Disregard anything she's accomplished or done well. Label her a liar. Kaine & Desiree act like long lost loves united over their child that Terri barely had anything to do with. Assert that the baby is a much better person now that it's mother is gone from its life. :rolleyes: Also, deny that Terri and her older son got along, Kaine was there to raise that boy, and although Kaine tried his best to mediate the war between the 16 year old and his mother the boy finally left Kaine's home to get away from his mother. ;)

Well, gee whillickers, They are doing one bang-up job. To their own detriment, they are dismissing Terri, making her into a sex and drug crazed alcoholic crazy person with PPD, and...making themselves rather unlikeable in the bargain.

Thanks for the reminder that even this vitriolic interview could simply be a profiler's recommended strategy.

Wow. I'm rethinking some of the over-the-top parts of the interview now, but..., I don't think I can bring myself to re-listen. LOL! :angel:

Really? LE has said that? They've issued a release of that information? Or do we have Kaine going to a judge and telling the judge that he has reason to believe his wife took out a hit on him and used that as cause for a restraining order?

Because not only did LE NOT assert this as fact, but they came out and informed the public that what Kaine and Desiree said was NOT coming from them.

I'm thinking the judge did not give Kaine a restraining order based on some husband just coming in and saying, "My wife tried to hire a hit man." I could imagine a judge saying, "Yeah, they all say that!"

Kaine Horman's restraining order request:
>>"I also recently learned that respondent attempted to hire someone to murder me. The police have provided me with probable cause to believe the above two statements to be true."<<

Really? LE has said that? They've issued a release of that information? Or do we have Kaine going to a judge and telling the judge that he has reason to believe his wife took out a hit on him and used that as cause for a restraining order?

Because not only did LE NOT assert this as fact, but they came out and informed the public that what Kaine and Desiree said was NOT coming from them.

Yes LE asserted it as fact to Kaines atty Laura Rackner and I dont see her perjuring herself to further her clients R.O. It is in black and white his attorney stating she was informed by LE the following. Direct quote from the court document... NO atty is going to lie and state such in a court document UNLESS it was a fact that they had been informed by LE of such. Not in a million yrs is an atty gonna perjure themselves for a client, period.

"Law enforcement has informed Petitioner's attorney that Respondent's stated personal relationship concerns and sexual overtures to Mr. C*** resembles these made to the man Respondent previously attempted to hire to murder Petitioner." -end quote
http://images.bimedia.net/documents/horman-affair.pdf

Well Terri was planing Kaines death, say the cops, and she failed two lie detector tests about Kaine and Desirees child, I just dont see what Desirees mannerisms have to do with anything.

Do you have a link for that? I thought it was just rumor with LE having never said this.

RC

I have wondered what Kyron called TH and DY. An early article quoted a child care povider and swim instructor -who both had no idea TH wasn't Kyron's biological mother. It made me think Kyron probabily did call TH "Mom." But then, Kyron could have called both TH and DY "mom". I know a lesbian couple with two children who call both women "mom." It doesn't seem to cause the kids any confusion at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches
Back