Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #10 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The document also quotes one of the friends saying that Tsarnaev appeared to have cut his hair short when the two saw each other on the campus the University of Massachusetts at Dartmouth on April 17, two days after the bombing. The timing of that apparent effort at a changed appearance is significant; the next day the FBI made photos of the bombing suspects public"

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justic...t-unseen-side-of-Boston-bombing-suspect-video

Interesting

Wonder if KT knew about the hair cut? Wonder how long it had been that she was under the same roof with TT?

I did not see the specific segment that Elainera saw but, Jeff Toomey, a legal guy, has been commenting on this case since the very beginning for CNN. He has been on Anderson Cooper's second show this week (all week) 10 PM EDT, 7 PM PDT. And I have heard him state the same thing. His explanation makes sense to me but I couldn't possible restate it.

I didn't see the segment, but I think the rationale is that while there may be an ethical obligation to inform on someone you know to be guilty of a crime, it isn't something the state can require. Finding the perpetrator is LE's job. We can't interfere with their work, and need to cooperate if asked, but creating a legal requirement that citizens inform on one another leads us into dicey territory - what if you know your neighbor is smoking pot? Cheating on his taxes? Do we want to live in a state where nearly every friend and loved one is also a potential informant? Because I suspect the majority of people have broken some law, however minor, at some point.

I do think there could be a good argument made for creating a legal obligation to report in certain cases, i.e in cases of capital offenses. There would be precedent as well; coaches and teachers, for instance, are mandated reporters in the case of suspected child abuse, even in the absence of a more sweeping law.

Even if there were such a law, I think it would be hard to convict KTR under it unless there's evidence she actually knew he was the bomber. I think there's certainly reason to suspect she knows more than she's saying, but even if she told him the FBI was after him, she could explain that away by claiming she didn't believe he could possibly be guilty and that she thought LE had the wrong man.

During the hunt for DT, reports stated that his phone was not turned on or there was no activity or signal. He must have had some other phone (and not the car jack victim's because that one was being tracked) in order for him to be communicating with anyone. Some reports showed he was updating and deleting from his social media and said that he had even posted a comment or tweet threatening to retaliate for his brother's death.

So.......we all learned something today....................no smoking if your using Vasaline!!!!!!!!!!!! BOOM Lordy!
sometimes those using nasal cannulas to supply oxygen say their nose gets dried out. they're cautioned not to use petroleum/oil based products in their nostrils or on their lips. and some women of a certain generation like to use vaseline as a facial moisturizer, another no-no when rec'ing oxygen via cannula

This is kind of interesting in light of what we've been discussing. It concerns the arrests of the Fortiers as accomplices in the Oklahoma City bombing. From Wikipedia:

Michael and Lori Fortier were considered accomplices for their foreknowledge of the planning of the bombing. In addition to Michael assisting McVeigh in scouting the federal building, Lori had helped McVeigh laminate a fake driver's license which was later used to rent the Ryder truck.[44] Michael agreed to testify against McVeigh and Nichols in exchange for a reduced sentence and immunity for his wife.[181] He was sentenced on May 27, 1998 to twelve years in prison and fined $75,000 for failing to warn authorities about the attack.[182] On January 20, 2006, after serving ten and a half years of his sentence, including time already served, Fortier was released for good behavior into the Witness Protection Program and given a new identity.[183]

All Michael did was to accompany McVeigh driving around and checking out the building. All Lori did was help McVeigh laminate a fake license. So it seems it doesn't take a lot to be considered as an accessory. In this case, foreknowledge seemed to be the bigger issue.

During the hunt for DT, reports stated that his phone was not turned on or there was no activity or signal. He must have had some other phone (and not the car jack victim's because that one was being tracked) in order for him to be communicating with anyone. Some reports showed he was updating and deleting from his social media and said that he had even posted a comment or tweet threatening to retaliate for his brother's death.

This never made it into msm. Any link for it?

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's friends were active that night as well, some 60 miles south.
While the three 19-year-olds offered slightly different details and time frames, a common chain of events emerges from their remarks to investigators as laid out in the FBI affidavit.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/01/us/boston-suspects-friends-complaint/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

This seems to explain the discrepancy in the three accounts in the criminal complaint.

I heard that what came to the attention of the FBI was that the FB account of one of the suspects and DT's FB account both changed their profile pictures at the same time. I believe CNN was conjecturing that one of the suspects had the password to DT's FB account.
I did not get that feel (CNN implying password)

Now, I do not facebook, handbook,footbook,anklebook !!

Would it be typical for best friends to have each others facebook logins. Like do you all have others that know your facebook logins?

Here's a thought - KR calls TT, so she must be watching television, internet, etc. so she learns of his death as we do. What does she do? Is she alone? Did TT tell her to clean out certain items from the apt? Did LE have agents watching the apt.?

IIRC, there has been no mention of items removed from their apt. by LE. A bit curious?! I saw LE picking KR and daughter up the next day from their apt, not her parents house.
ruff ruff adorable!

IMO they look more like strap adjusters to me. They look raised - above the fabric rather than in it. I also can't see any sign of the 'hour glass' shaped ( for lack of a better description) feature on the front of TT's bag on the shredded bag. Then there's the white patch on the shredded bag. 'Tis odd.

hey as far as Ive read they took Dzhokars backpack.

How does that work after the spouse is deceased?
you can assert the privilege after a divorce or the spouse dies, but the privilege is narrow to begin with. if you talked about whatever info with even one other person present there's no privilege

This never made it into msm. Any link for it?

IIRC, it occurred either in the middle of the night or sometime before his capture on live stream when video/audio wasn't edited, yet. The story was moving a mile a minute.

Interesting that DT and DK each deleted Facebook photos of themselves together about 15 minutes apart in the early hours of the morning, though.

Yeah I read that too but I seem to recall that it said this happened in the early morning of 19 April. DT was on the run then and wounded. It seems unlikely he'd be deleting photos from Facebook at that time. I also seem to recall reading that he just changed his pic to a black and white image.

I dunno, nothing makes sense about this case.

Would it be typical for best friends to have each others facebook logins. Like do you all have others that know your facebook logins?
my older grandkids are 21 and 25. she knows 3 of her friends' passwords and they know hers, he shares the knowledge with only 1 friend. come to think of it, this came up because we were talking about the ways friends help each other out these days. (these are social site passwords, not email/laptop)

I know 2 people's login. No one knows mine but three people know where to find it if I die. Also, if they had access to his laptop and he had a saved password, all they had to do was open facebook. The computer/smartphone doesn't know who is typing.

he wouldn't need his password if he had his computer, i never log out of facebook or webslueths for that matter. only thing i log out of is email.

we know they had access to DT's computer, boot it up open facebook and change the pic

IMO, thats a stretch to conclude that if one of the three called FBI , we could say that LE would not be killed etc etc ...................it took them what 21 hours as it was to find them and the reality here is if it were not for the hijacking flub we have no idea what outcome we could have.

Also, the 7-11 robbery that night turned out to have nothing to do with bombing -they were just having an unlucky evening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks