Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
<snip>
I have spoken to a few people today and they believe he pled not guilty because he wants the death penalty. If he plead guilty, it would have been life in prison.

JMO

Oh, unfortunately, that makes sense. Even though I do not believe in the death penalty, I think if I did, I would still say it should not be sought in this case for several reasons. He is young (not saying he is not accountable), his mother and brother (and possibly father and other relatives) had a lot of influence on him, and they do not need to make him into a Martyr. I don't know if that is what he wants or just wants the circus to go on. Having a trial might be of more benefit to the public also, more details? Maybe some would feel more satisfied about the evidence against him. But it will be an ongoing circus if there is a long trial also. Although I expected his lawyer to plead not guilty, it does make sense that (as you say) that he may not have if the death penalty is removed. On the other hand, he may have wanted at least one public day in court to proclaim he is not guilty. IDK.

I also hope there is more about the Waltham murders soon, very soon, like naming suspects. I think that needs to be resolved as well as the IT stuff.

I think it is 'normal', if you will, for these guys in cases of this nature to plead Not Guilty first.

Jared Loughner who was also represented by Judy Clarke, first pled 'not guilty' in the Rep. Gabrielle Giffords Tucson shooting before reaching a plea agreement and pleading 'guilty' a year and a half later.

In his case, it also involved some mental illness issues. I suppose its possible that could eventually be involved with this case as well.

Jared Lee Loughner pleads not guilty to attempted assassination of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords
BY HELEN KENNEDY / DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
MONDAY, JANUARY 24, 2011, 4:04 PM

"Tucson gunman Jared Lee Loughner smiled his creepy smile during a brief Arizona court hearing Monday in which he pleaded not guilty to the attempted assassination of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.
The plea was entered for him by his counsel, federal death penalty expert Judy Clarke. Loughner did not speak."

And...

Jared Lee Loughner To Plead Guilty To Tucson, Ariz., Shooting That Injured Gabby Giffords
The Huffington Post | By Alana Horowitz
Posted: 08/04/2012 10:31 pm Updated: 08/05/2012 3:03 pm

"Jared Lee Loughner will plead guilty to the 2011 shooting in Tucson, Ariz., that killed six and injured 13, the LA Times reports.

The victims of the Jan. 8 shooting included then-Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), who was speaking to constituents at public event. Loughner had previously pleaded not guilty."

No photos allowed in our Federal Courts.

There is a few photos. Someone took screen shots of the live feed that was screened in an adjoining room in the court.

Do you have Instagram? Search the hash tag "dzhokhartsarnaev"

You can see all the photos there. I would post the photos here but I don't know how to.

My opinion only. He's a coward and a loser. If he did what he did for a "cause" he should plead guilty and plea his supposed "cause". He's playing the very system he hates and he doesn't have the courage to "stand" for what he thought he believed in.

MOO

Anyone know how the victims are doing who had hearing loss after the bombings? Have they recovered their hearing over time or do they still have hearing damage?

According to this article does not seem he wants the death penalty.

Marathon bomb suspect asks judge for addition to death-penalty team - See more at: http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...ddition_to_death_penalty#sthash.YsHcmvfc.dpuf

"Prosecutors have not said whether they intend to pursue Tsarnaev’s execution. The Herald reported last week that U.S. Attorney Carmen M. Ortiz’s office last week sent victims a questionnaire asking them, among other matters, about their thoughts on the death penalty."

I think they should just drop the death penalty, but in any case it looks like they are asking the victims about it. I do not think any further counsel should be appointed until they decide if they will even pursue it.

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/2520163

David Bruck had been originally requested a few months ago but was denied, this is the defense's second attempt to include him on the defense team.

IMO - maybe DT DOES want to live. I think he was brainwashed by his brother and possibly made some horrific life decisions. He is yet to be proven guilty though. It would be very interesting to hear what he REALLY thinks about what is transpiring in his life. He is clearly latching on tightly to his religion & his defense team.

"Prosecutors have not said whether they intend to pursue Tsarnaev&#8217;s execution. The Herald reported last week that U.S. Attorney Carmen M. Ortiz&#8217;s office last week sent victims a questionnaire asking them, among other matters, about their thoughts on the death penalty."

I think they should just drop the death penalty, but in any case it looks like they are asking the victims about it. I do not think any further counsel should be appointed until they decide if they will even pursue it.
I think they should drop the DP too, but only if it is the victims choice, also. I could care less if DT wants to live, all of his victims wanted to live, I am quiet sure, but he didn't give them that choice.
But this boggles my mind, why does a mass killer DESERVE a team of specialized lawyers. Is he paying for all of these specialized lawyers? I was under the impression that we, the taxpayers, are picking up this bill? Is it the lawyers who using the case for notoriety? I have not followed a lot of these cases, is this the norm? I am perplexed, but I know I don't want ANY of my tax money to go for anything more than 1 lawyer. I wonder what the approximate cost of this representation amounts to.

Well, I for one look forward to the Rolling Stone article.

Here is a brief look at what it will cover:

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture...ing-stones-boston-bomber-cover-story-20130716

"July 16, 2013 6:00 PM ET

In the new issue of Rolling Stone, contributing editor Janet Reitman delivers a deeply reported account of the life and times of Boston bomber Jahar Tsarnaev. Reitman spent the last two months interviewing dozens of sources – childhood and high school friends, teachers, neighbors and law enforcement agents, many of whom spoke for the first time about the case – to deliver a riveting and heartbreaking account of how a charming kid with a bright future became a monster. Here are five revelations about Tsarnaev from our latest cover story, "Jahar's World":"

One of the revelations I find most interesting is:

• Around 2008, Jahar’s older brother Tamerlan confided to his mother that he felt like "two people" were inside him. She confided this to a close friend who felt he might need a psychiatrist, but Zubeidat believed that religion would be the cure for her son’s inner demons and growing mental instability, and pushed him deeper into Islam.

More ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beaverton
Back