Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #5 *SUSPECT APPREHENDED*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice tweet from Boston Police twitter:

Boston Police Dept. ‏@Boston_Police 1m
CAPTURED!!! The hunt is over. The search is done. The terror is over. And justice has won. Suspect in custody.

The suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings is in custody, according to Boston police.

The suspect was taken from a boat in the backyard of a house in Watertown, Massachusetts, authorities said.

Follow coverage of breaking news on CNN TV, CNN.com and CNN's mobile apps.

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

No bomb vest, came out alive. Really says to me older brother was the brains of the operation. I'm glad he's alive so I hope we can get information out of him about the motive, and any other friends of theirs that may have the same ideas.

Suspect WAS injured and enroute to one of two hospitals "with injuries."

3 other suspects, again, were taken into custody "for questioning" when search warrant served on house in New Bedford, MA this afternoon.

Link? They really took his friends into custody, just for being friends with him?

I don't have a link I just heard in on NBC by Brian Williams. He said how many men and women but he said it so fast I would have to rewind to hear it again.

The public seriously - kudos to them two. The photos get released, and suspect 1 is killed that night. 30 minutes after the lockdown is called off, a person calls in a tip and he's captured a few hours later.

They took them in for questioning.

That's understandable! I'm glad they questioned them.

However, if someone is taken into custody that means they were arrested (not charged). That's very different to being questioned. Is there a link to confirm his friends were detained by LE and put under arrest?

It sucks that media (CNN) has to go out of their way to get a story, even if it mean jeapordizing a standoff.

The quality of journalism this past week has been, IMO, pathetic.

I have ZERO compassion for these two, starting at the moment they began building deadly bombs in their basement. Too bad, so sad, they had hardships growing up. Who didn't? My dad died a painful death from cancer. I did not blow innocents up in response. My grandparents came here to California,penniless from the dustbowl, and scrimped and saved, and were treated like dirty hillbillies for years. Does it give me the right to blow up my community?

I have NO SYMPATHY, NO COMPASSION for these two monsters. The older one has a three yr old precious baby girl, and he could build these vicious weapons while she slept peacefully upstairs? I am sorry, but I am not going to throw either of them a pity party. They chose EVIL. I am not going to commiserate with them.

Nobody asked you to have sympathy or compassion or even empathy for the suspects. All of us, including you, are entitled to our own feelings. Like love (or hate), compassion is an instinctual feeling.

Just don't make it seem like those of us who have compassion for the suspects' history of family plights have no right to feel the way we do just because you don't. And just because we have compassion for a person's past ordeals doesn't mean we accept, condone or take joy/pride in or even forgive their evil actions.

I still recall my philosophy professor eons ago asking, "If you see a child about to fall into a deep water well, would you instinctively want to save him or would you have to consider whether s/he was a good/bad child before doing so? Again, compassion is felt out of instinct, and not produced only after careful, deliberate thought assessment.

Boston cheers.jpg

Bostonians cheering and thanking LE!

I'm guessing he will be at ADX Florence, a supermax prison, soon enough!!

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADX_Florence"]ADX Florence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Other notable inmates include: The terrorists involved in 1993 WTC bombing, 1998 Embassy bombing terrorists, Shoe Bomber, Underwear Bomber, Fort Dix terrorist, Unabomber, Terry Nichols, Eric Rudolph, 2010 Times Square terrorist,

I loved seeing the people on the porches and lining the sides of the street applauding and cheering LE after this arrest. :)

That's understandable! I'm glad they questioned them.

However, if someone is taken into custody that means they were arrested (not charged). That's very different to being questioned. Is there a link to confirm his friends were detained by LE and put under arrest?

I agree. I was not suggesting they were unlawfully detained in any way.

I am overwhelmed by this all.

I'm going out for a drink tonight and celebrate! Thank you all for helping me get through this! <3

Boston Police Dept. &#8207;@Boston_Police 6m
CAPTURED!!! The hunt is over. The search is done. The terror is over. And justice has won. Suspect in custody.

I don't have a link I just heard in on NBC by Brian Williams. He said how many men and women but he said it so fast I would have to rewind to hear it again.

Oh gosh. I can't support that.

I totally understand questioning them. I'm glad they did!! But arresting them? Just for being friends with someone? That's much more serious. People are meant to be "detained by a law enforcement officer due to a violation of law or a court order" ... and being friends with someone doesn't mean you've violated the law :( .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay