Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #7 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also heard on Fox that suspect is communicating through writing.

Yeah that does make more sense. Sorry but after it turned out they couldn't find him in their own files...and then the rumored phone call...it was just too much!

I don't think they were watching this guy closely enough for him to have been quickly and definitively recognized. He probably was flagged in some way for his travel, and maybe had an open file somewhere with a note to check into him.

I'm sure there are many, many guys on the feds' radar that seemed more important or dangerous than this one. And there's no way we can watch everyone closely - nor should we want them too, at least IMO. I don't like the idea of secret police, secret surveillance, etc., for nothing more than, say, travel to a volatile region.

Just my thoughts, that and $2 will get you a dunkin iced coffee. :D

Maybe, but there is conflicting information out there. Now, if this is all from one neighbor who could be wrong, then it may be misinformation. Hard to tell if it's the same person or not...

One is her and her family lawyer. The other are some neighbor or neighbors.
Whom am I going to believe? I have no idea why neighbor(s) would make these claims, but her lawyer is very clear that she was working and he was taking care of the child.

The FBI did not have the clear photo when they released the grainy footage. Queen D has been posting that someone in Florida (iirc) had snapped that photo while there and submitted it afterward.

ETA: Have to admit that once received, they got it out the public rapidly.

Dzhokhar-Tsarnaev-running--from-bombing.jpg

This is that picture ^^^^

This is the caption

A Florida man who ran in the Boston Marathon unknowingly captured a photo of suspect Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev leaving the scene.

Read more: http://www.wcvb.com/news/local/metro/-/11971628/19757348/-/xva8jf/-/index.html#ixzz2RCYntvbB

I don't think they were watching this guy closely enough for him to have been quickly and definitively recognized. He probably was flagged in some way for his travel, and maybe had an open file somewhere with a note to check into him.

I'm sure there are many, many guys on the feds' radar that seemed more important or dangerous than this one. And there's no way we can watch everyone closely - nor should we want them too, at least IMO. I don't like the idea of secret police, secret surveillance, etc., for nothing more than, say, travel to a volatile region.

Just my thoughts, that and $2 will get you a dunkin iced coffee. :D

bbm

Obviously they did not watch him closely. But I'm a bit baffled that nobody in the FBI recognized him - surely they would flip through their files of suspicious people in Boston first? Surely they had a photo on file?

And the best face recognition "software" is still the human brain. Whether the images from the marathon were grainy or not, if they had a photo of Tamerlan on file they surely would have recognized him. Should have. MOO

Another short item about one of the victims:

http://www.wcvb.com/Dance-instructo...ng/-/9849586/19842992/-/13ypnfvz/-/index.html

Dance instructor loses foot, vows to dance again

Another Article about the same victim.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio..._instructor_injured_in_bombing_vows_ill_dance

“I can’t let some (expletive) come along and steal my whole life. So, I’ll dance again. And next year, though I’ve never been a runner, yes, I plan to run the marathon.”

Must admit that I am struggling to accept the credibility of some of the information coming forth.

As Tsarnaev was cornered on Friday, it was reported that the boat in which he was hiding was very bloody. Speculation was that he had been injured during the previous confrontation with authorities 16 to 18 hours earlier. Once the boat was surrounded, there was a reported exchange of gunfire. At some point negotiators were involved and the initial reports indicated that Tsarnaev did not verbally respond.

There is one still image of Tsarnaev climbing out of the boat unassisted; I am unaware of any other images. As he was being transported from the scene, initial news reports indicated a neck wound.

CBS’ “60 Minutes” reported the 19-year-old suspect was shot through his mouth and throat. On ABC’s “This Week,” U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee member Dan Coats (R-Ind.) said, “The information we have is that there was a shot to the throat. And it’s questionable whether — when and whether he’ll be able to talk again.”

Without a medical background, I am having difficulty believing that a person who sustained significant blood loss from injuries incurred more than 12 hours previously could then shoot himself in the mouth and throat and be able to self ambulate out of a boat sometime during the next 95 minutes.

I do believe that this young man was involved in the bombings, but I am skeptical of some of the information now being reported.

I am at work and shouldn't be on here... so I don't have time to search for a link... and I am not even sure I could find it if I did.
But, the first time I saw the photo of DT climbing at the boat, it was described as surveiilance video taken Friday in the MORNING. I think it may be from the home owner's security camera and it shows him climbing INTO the boat. But everyone including some MSM has run with the story that it is him leaving the boat, which does not jive with the photo taken of him in the ambulance, which shows his face all bloody as far as I can tell. Nor does it jive with the reports of his neck wound.
jmo.

I am HIGHLY doubtful that the FBI called this dude up to let him know he was under suspicion. Honestly, it makes me laugh, despite the serious nature of the crimes.

IMO, this guy was wanting to confess or boast about what he did - not being able to do that publicly without revealing himself, he starts calling family, and hinting about it. Saying sorry to uncle, telling Mom the FBI are calling him, etc.

I think he was just setting his mother up so she could tell everyone the FBI was after him for years.

I am at work and shouldn't be on here... so I don't have time to search for a link... and I am not even sure I could find it if I did.
But, the first time I saw the photo of DT climbing at the boat, it was described as surveiilance video taken Friday in the MORNING. I think it may be from the home owner's security camera and it shows him climbing INTO the boat. But everyone including some MSM has run with the story that it is him leaving the boat, which does not jive with the photo taken of him in the ambulance, which shows his face all bloody as far as I can tell. Nor does it jive with the reports of his neck wound.
jmo.

I havent got that figured out yet either. I assumed the photo was of him crawling out. It looks to me like he is getting out as opposed to getting in. But you're right about the injuries not appearing right. Where is a link to the photo? I can't find it right now.

I feel sorry for that homeowner and his now trashed boat. Oddly, insurance may not cover that.

DeLuca also offered new details on Tamerlan Tsarnaev's movements in the days after the bombings, saying the last day he was alive that "he was home" when his wife left for work. When asked whether anything seemed amiss to his wife following the bombings, DeLuca responded, "Not as far as I know." He said she learned her husband was a suspect in the bombings by seeing it on TV. He would not elaborate.

DeLuca said his client did not suspect her husband of anything, and that there was no reason for her to have suspected him. He said she had been working 70 to 80 hours, seven days a week as a home health care aide. While she was at work, her husband cared for their toddler daughter, DeLuca said.

"When this allegedly was going on, she was working, and had been working all week to support her family," he told the AP.

He said Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was off at college and she saw him "not at all" at the apartment they shared with her mother-in-law.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162...speak-to-older-boston-bombings-suspects-wife-

~~~~
Sorry don't believe the wife at all. She and her 3-y.o. child lived in the squalor of an apartment with TT and she never saw DT and knew NOTHING was going on?

Didn't the FBI say that they found more bombs in that same apartment?

Also, her lawyer says TT's wife was at work all week, including Monday 4/15/2013. So who took care of their child while TT was bombing the Boston marathon?

I havent got that figured out yet either. I assumed the photo was of him crawling out. It looks to me like he is getting out as opposed to getting in. But you're right about the injuries not appearing right. Where is a link to the photo? I can't find it right now.

I feel sorry for that homeowner and his now trashed boat. Oddly, insurance may not cover that.

Here is the photo.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-serious-condition-hospital-article-1.1322801

His injuries might not be visible cause he's looking down.

jmo.

I see him climbing OUT of the boat in the pic. There were authority figures standing around the boat looking at him in the same pic. So unless you're claiming people had been watching him climbing into and hiding in the boat, it has to be as is stated -- DT is climbing OUT.

I think its weird that people who were granted political asylum go back to the country they came from. Aren't you trying to escape for being persecuted or something? Yet they all go back and forth.

I don't. Political and social situations change.

Also, it's crazy what a little bit of cash can do for you in third world countries. I know immigrants here in Norway living on below minimum here, sending all their cash back to their motherland. When they go back they are like kings and queens...

I think it's interesting that people are trying to claim TT brainwashed his brother and wife. From all accounts he does not seem to have much of a personality. Aren't brainwashing types usually very charismatic, dynamic personalities? I don't buy it.

At first I kind of believed DT was brainwashed, but I don't anymore. I think he took a very active part in this.

I think he was just setting his mother up so she could tell everyone the FBI was after him for years.

I completely agree. In a way he was comforting her by telling her beforehand he was a victim. Sort of creating an alibi.

I see him climbing OUT of the boat in the pic. There were authority figures standing around the boat looking at him in the same pic. So unless you're claiming people had been watching him climbing into and hiding in the boat, it has to be as is stated -- DT is climbing OUT.

Totally agree. And the tarp is torn, clearly indicating this photo is of him getting out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artem1