Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #8 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
U.S. officials visit Northern Caucasus to talk with mother of suspected Boston bombers - news agency chief

"Talking with me today, Zubeidat said she had a conversation with U.S. officials visiting Makhachkala. She did not tell me the details, but she said the conversation was very polite. I cannot say for sure what U.S. agency the people who talked with Zubeidat were from," Saratova told Interfax.

http://rbth.ru/news/2013/04/24/us_o...o_talk_with_mother_of_suspected_bo_25379.html

Thought that quote a good one to keep around, lol.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/ap...-body-shop-cambridge-bombing-suspect-20130419

That was not unusual: Tsarnaev often brought in cars for wealthy friends from Boston University and MIT, Junior said, and always paid in cash.

What was strange was that the man showed up Tuesday wanting the car back early, clearly agitated.

"He was very nervous, biting his nails, agitated," Junior said. "I thought he was on drugs, medication." Junior didn't report it to police. Tsarnaev took the Mercedes without having it fixed.

snip

Tsarnaev's friends were all wealthy and Turkish, Junior said, and drove Range Rovers, Porsche Cayennes and BMWs.

On his last visit, the young man was wearing Louis Vuitton shoes and Burberry pants, and wore his hair noticably shorter."

So the Younger Brother has a circle of very wealthy friends from MIT and Boston University. I find this interesting as well, since he is living on public assistance...and does not seem to be involved in a mosque, or, looking at his falling grades, even his own school. Where is he interacting with these wealthy friends? Who are they?

Without discussing the merits of public assistance, I think the finances of this family are very curious. If the FBI was asked "multiple times" to look into the older brother, why was the ability to make multiple trips to Russia not a "red flag" to them?

When I think of someone receiving welfare benefits and food stamps, housing assistance...I think of people who need help putting food on the table. I mentioned a program I am involved in here in my county...the poorest county in our state. We provide backpacks of food for the children in our elementary school to take home...just so they can eat on weekends (school has meal programs during the week) Occasionally, with info from the teachers, we can send home vouchers from the local grocery store. These are the rural poor, and delivering Meals on Wheels to the elderly brings one to some of the saddest ramshackle trailers and shacks.

Before I moved here, I volunteered in an urban program in a very violent part of the inner city. So I have seen what poverty looks like...urban and rural. I just cannot imagine any of these deserving folks making expensive Internaional trips...or even having the spare change to buy knock-off designer clothing.

And yes, my experiences with the TRULY deserving...makes me angry at this Family...that came here as refugees and was helped in so many ways...only to exploit our kindness and become thieves and murderers. I wish the monies and opportunities spent on them could have gone to some of the poor folks I have been honored to meet.

I think that is why the money questions keep coming up smartysmead, and why so much outrage about it.

I know that in Federal murder cases the income and any assistance are looked into, so the Feds will know what was being made or granted. The only thing that may not come up is any illegal income. It does seem these boys, and perhaps the extended family, had money coming in from somewhere other than Government assistance. We haven't heard of any jobs that would pay enough for fancy cars or shoes, or, any job that would allow one to be out of the country from January to July. I'm not even sure we have heard about either of the brothers working, other than a blurb that TT had lost a job recently, (if I didn't dream that), it couldn't have been much of a job. He just returned in July.

Sounds like he has a first class defense team. I am glad one is fluent in Russian for two reasons, makes the idea he cant participate in his defense moot. also it will be a difficult time for him and being able to speak russian will help. Difficult does not mean pity, simply i want to see the best defense possible to keep the justice system working as its meant to do

Does anyone think the mother will try to commit suicide of some sort and try to pin it on US saying they are trying to kill her? She has the idea that the US is trying to kill her family...

Does anyone think the mother will try to commit suicide of some sort and try to pin it on US saying they are trying to kill her? She has the idea that the US is trying to kill her family...

No. She's all about her. If you listen it is all me, me, me. She's loving the attention. JMO.

Besides that, she's not coming back here to go straight to jail. No way. So, she is there, no one is going there, nor would the U.S. pay attention to any more of her acting up. It would clearly be a pathetic ploy for more attention.

She does run the danger of someone from her country killing her, she is talking too much.

Here's a question.

Were they wealthy before they moved here? Have lots of money stashed back home?

If he was bringing his friends' cars into the mechanic and always paid cash, I am going to guess he inflated the actual cost and was pocketing the difference.

"The only thing we know is that in a global world no war is longer local. And that war can flare up at any time and anywhere."

Norwegian newspaper today. It gives background to the family's and country's history. They family has been "on the run" for 70 years, starting with being deported by Stalin.

This is the history the brothers carry with them.. I'm in no way making excuses for them, I just feel it's important to get the whole picture.

Being born an American or Norwegian is such a privilege that we should be aware and be very grateful for.

Yes, we are very privileged, I must agree, and am very grateful.

Can you post a link to the article you refer to about them being on the run since Stalin?

Tonight, I noticed that TT's neck was unusually thick. The thought crossed my mind, could he have used steroids? I hope they do blood toxicology on his remains.

Hmmm curious question....steroids can also make people aggressive, inflate their ego, and just in general make then kind of nuts....I wonder if with TT it wasn't so much one thing but more a compilation of the perfect storm....crazy conspiracy believer mom who thinks she has the right to take whatever she wants at will (shoplifting)... And fled ie showing lack of accountability. Also mom who raised him to be her little prince who could do no wrong. Siblings who idolized him and gave him a easy follower. A background living in turbulent war torn Russian territories. Experience as an immigrant and assimilation. A boxing career that disappointed him. A "friend" who pursueded him.....and gave him the scapegoat he was looking for to blame all his issues on.....because of course his failings couldn't be his fault right? (Sarcasm)....and even perhaps steroid use, or who knows just genetic crazies......

Just speculating of course.

BBM-I understand your feelings, but quite frankly, I am shocked at how outspoken this family is and has been! You would expect most families to go into hiding somewhere out of shame and/or fear or just for peace to grieve. But not this family. No they are out there with fists flying and guns a blazing. I'm sorry, but she can go back to obscurity for all I care. If she wanted to speak to the media, she should be apologizing for the monsters she raised. Or say nothing at all. Period.

Elainera, you are so compassionate. The only two words that come to mind (to me) concerning the mother are Loose.Cannon.

And with the events of the past week or so, I believe she's gone from ludicrous to completely over the edge. I wouldn't put any stock in what she's saying right now. The woman's simply not coherent, and it's obvious to even the most casual reader.

Yes I agree with you both. She alienates me too and even, as I have said before, scares me. I just wanted to try and explain her bizarre behaviour. I didn't feel compassionate towards her, just trying to understanding why she behaves like that. I don't like to judge someone I have only seen so far at a moment they are going through a major traumatic experience. It's clear that at the moment she is completely overwhelmed and unable to deal with the situation in an intelligent way. Given that she just basically lost both of her sons I think we should cut her some slack for the way she behaves. Just moo.

Have any of you seen read anything as it relates to the carjack victim. I think what he experinced would be awesome nuance. He would be able to give us such a sense of where the two were mentallly phycically. Were they dirty, appear under influences of any substance, did they speak anxiously, angerily, did they look exhausted, what was the dynamic between the two (you can tell that even if speaking foreign language) etcetc. Thanx!
Also,

Have any of you seen a video or stills of him actually setting bag down and starting to walk away. I saw that one where it appearred as if he had been walking away (and there was a chillingness (!) to it in that his facial expression was indeed different than all others in the shot (Calm). Np back pack equally chilling. I also found it interesting that in that shot when I glanced my first thought was wow the big must have been somewhat heavy becasue his body language IS completly diffent.

They had a daughter, Zahara, now 3. Tamerlan seems never to have found a full-time career. His family members say his new wife supported him, while he stayed home with the child.
Mary Silberman, whose apartment backs up to the rooms Tamerlan Tsarnaev rented, said she often heard loud arguments late at night - a woman's voice, mostly, yelling at a man.
'It wasn't enough to call the police,' Silberman said. 'It didn't sound like anyone was in physical danger.'
Yet the shouting, erupting at 11pm or midnight, was loud enough to keep her up.
Silberman also heard the couple's young daughter crying frequently at night, the wails so sharp that she wondered why the mother wasn't responding.
As the girl grew into a toddler, Silberman would see her sometimes staring out the window. Their bedroom window had no proper curtains, just two mismatched sheets hung haphazardly to block the light. Plastic bags were stuffed in the sides of the window, apparently to keep out the cold.

'It wasn't what you would think of as normal,' Silberman said. The family made her so uncomfortable, she said, that she made sure she pulled her chair out of view of their windows when she sat on her back deck.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-Islamic-Dagestan-capital.html#ixzz2RNofQVY4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member