Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #8 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
??? I don't think so.
They went and questioned him at Dagestan, apparently.
Why would they need him in US?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/25/us/boston-attack/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Anzor Tsarnaev may be bringing along important information for the investigation into the April 15 marathon bombings.

He is to depart for the United States as soon as Friday, human rights activist Kheda Saratova told CNN. Saratova is serving as the parents' representative.

The father has said he will cooperate in the investigations into the alleged crimes of his sons.

Aren't LE trained to not shoot unless identifying the suspect has a weapon? In any event, you can bet there will probably be some sort of investigation if it's true he didn't have a gun. It wasn't just one guy shooting either, the video I saw there was a number of shots fired.

They are. But in such a situation I am not surprised. They obviously expected him to be armed.

I'll find a msm video of it. Its why I had a hard time with it bc the video that was shown on the news didnt have sound, then they showed one that did. I listened with my headphones on to drown out all other noise besides the video & I heard Hold Up Hold Up We didn't do it. So that's why I'm confused...bc the first video didn't have sound. So either video is faked & dubbed sound or its real but media chose not to air it with sound immediately. Either way, the sound could have been altered & I highly suspect this original video will play a part in court (the one obtained by msm that was recorded from a cell).

I wouldn't trust anything nowdays that comes off youtube. Somebody even superimposed TT's head on a naked guy-presumably in effort to prove they are one and the same. LOL.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...eaded-tough-public-defender-article-1.1326479

The Boston bomber's got a legal pit bull in his corner.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's defense case will be handled by one of New England’s top public defenders, a 21-year veteran with experience representing terror suspects.

Miriam Conrad, 56, is heading up a team tasked with beating charges of using a weapon of mass destruction to murder three and injure nearly 200 more, crimes which carry a possible death sentence.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...blic-defender-article-1.1326479#ixzz2RTphiNpZ

Russian President Vladimir Putin: Boston Marathon bombing shows West's mistake

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2013/04/russian_president_vladimir_put_1.html

Yowza. A must read.

Also from your link, something else important...

Snipped:
Russian officials have repeatedly claimed that rebels in Chechnya have close links with al-Qaida. They say dozens of fighters from Arab countries trickled into the region during the fighting there, while some Chechen militants have gone to fight in Afghanistan.

I wouldn't trust anything nowdays that comes off youtube. Somebody even superimposed TT's head on a naked guy-presumably in effort to prove they are one and the same. LOL.

I agree.

About the gun fire

I truly can not imagine being in that situation. Even though you train and train for this type of situation when it is for real and not just bullets but bombs being thrown at you it would be hard to not be a little fidgety.
Let's face it there were two bombs that exploded killing 3 and maiming hundreds, then the cop killed. Law enforcement came running as they should have when responding to the bloody boat. All it took was one shot to be fired and I can imagine that they all let loose. jmo

Only if we know for certain that he suffered a bullet wound.

I still think TT cut his brother in the throat and that at least HE intended that they were both going to die together. Interesting also that TT's best friend and two others were killed by neck wounds. JMO

I still think TT cut his brother in the throat and that at least HE intended that they were both going to die together. Interesting also that TT's best friend and two others were killed by neck wounds. JMO

That would certainly explain running over TT in what appears to be intentional, rather than just panic, since they were "calm" according to apartment witness.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/25/us/boston-attack/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Anzor Tsarnaev may be bringing along important information for the investigation into the April 15 marathon bombings.

He is to depart for the United States as soon as Friday, human rights activist Kheda Saratova told CNN. Saratova is serving as the parents' representative.

The father has said he will cooperate in the investigations into the alleged crimes of his sons.

This is intriguing to me. He seemed more in shock and emotionally upset last week, IMO. Yes, he did claim it was a set up but in the interviews I saw, it was more of a "can't believe it" reaction than angry like the wife and aunt, kwim? Pair that with the reports that he was not happy about TT quitting boxing and I wonder how much and what he knows. Will he have hindsight reflections on things he saw? His wife and son's growing preoccupation with Islam? All MOO.

Police officials initially announced that officers had “exchanged gunfire” Friday evening with the surviving suspect, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, as he hid in a boat in the backyard of a house in Watertown, Mass. Now several law enforcement officials say no gun was found in the boat, and officials say they are exploring what prompted officers to fire at Mr. Tsarnaev, who some feared was armed with explosives.

Law enforcement officials now say they have recovered only one gun elsewhere, which they believe was used by Mr. Tsarnaev’s older brother, Tamerlan — not the three previously reported. And initial reports that the brothers first came to the attention of the police after robbing a 7-Eleven were wrong. The police were called to a gas station convenience store early Friday after a man who said he had been carjacked by the marathon bombers escaped and sought help.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/25/us/officers-killing-spurred-pursuit-in-boston-attack.html?hp&_r=0

While there is video of two men approaching Officer Collier’s car, three law enforcement officials said, it does not clearly show their faces. But investigators now believe the brothers killed the officer to get another gun.

“He had a triple-lock holster, and they could not figure it out,” a law enforcement official said. “There is evidence at the scene to suggest that they were going for his gun.”

The carjacking victim left his cellphone in the Mercedes, a law enforcement official said, allowing officials to track it.

It is still not clear what prompted officers to fire into the boat. “Shots fired, multiple shots!” someone was heard saying on the radio, before another call went out: “All units hold your fire! Hold your fire.”

Commissioner Davis said that “we will have to see what prompted the volley of shots before the cease-fire was ordered by a superintendent of the Boston police.”

bbm

Re my bold above...

This gives me pause for thought... If they killed Collier for his gun, then how does that make sense when considering it was reported they had a cache of weapons & threw a pressure cooker bomb? Was that misreported as well?

I know it was just an article, but wanted to point out the phrase that dad is coming here to "cooperate" with the Feds. Cooperate means he knows something.

Can't blame him for not saying anything while there.

This is intriguing to me. He seemed more in shock and emotionally upset last week, IMO. Yes, he did claim it was a set up but in the interviews I saw, it was more of a "can't believe it" reaction than angry like the wife and aunt, kwim? Pair that with the reports that he was not happy about TT quitting boxing and I wonder how much and what he knows. Will he have hindsight reflections on things he saw? His wife and son's growing preoccupation with Islam? All MOO.

Maybe he has info on the imam that spoke with Tamerlan?

That would certainly explain running over TT in what appears to be intentional, rather than just panic, since they were "calm" according to apartment witness.

But I thought it was reported that he was shot in the neck?

Does anyone remember a news station informing that police were using, or could have been using, bullets that weren't deadly but were meant to subdue? This pertained to the boat shoot out. Also, anybody remember the mention of sharpshooters being stationed in strategic areas around the boat?

I am thinking all the reports are speculation since we have suicide attempt, shot at shoot out, shrapnel from own bomb at shoot out.

I'd like to see a true trajectory in this case - of the boat & a true model of Jahar in the position he was laying inside of the boat. Basic trajectory path using his neck wound would show if its self inflicted or not. I'm curious if doctors reported powder on Jahar's neck.

I must be nuts bc there's no way in hell I'd be standing anywhere near a window or open door to videotape a gunfight from my cellphone! Who knows how far the bullets could have gone? What about if there was more than handguns? What about if there were rifles or shotguns? I'm wondering now more about the amateur video...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse