Terrorist Attack at Boston Marathon #9 One Suspect Dead; One in Custody

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think someone completely stoned would make a good terrorist.

I don't think a "good" terrorist would wear a white baseball cap and then on backward none the less.

Out of all the caps like a Bruins or a Red Sox cap or a generic dark one this guy wears a white cap and then shows his face?

He was either stoned or I don't know what.

I don't think a "good" terrorist would wear a white baseball cap and then on backward none the less.

Out of all the caps like a Bruins or a Red Sox cap or a generic dark one this guy wears a white cap and then shows his face?

He was either stoned or I don't know what.

I think his thinking was to blend in and look like every other 19 year old kid. Which he did for the most part...Executing the plan was more important then avoiding discovery later

I think his thinking was to blend in and look like every other 19 year old kid. Which he did for the most part...Executing the plan was more important then avoiding discovery later

noodled I hear ya. However, I am so not sure. He could have fit in like other kids wearing a cap not backward at least. There was another white baseball cap in that crowd which was the right way and the guy had sunglasses on top of it. I couldn't see his face real well or even Tamerlan's real good.

Slap me for this, but it crossed my mind someone told him to purposely do that. Like what was the plan? Was someone supposed to pick them up? Meet them? What kind of terrorists don't have enough gas?

Don't mind me, but I question a whole, whole lot. That Uncle was really, really vocal. Sincere, not sincere?

Interesting little fact that the bombers had to take a taxi a day before the marathon, and paid the $39 for the fare, but stiffed the driver on the tip. The driver said the heavy backpacks were in his trunk and when he went to open it TT pushed him out of the way and was very protective of it.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/25/malden-cab-driver-recalls-chilling-ride-with-bombing-suspects/

http://www.bostonglobe.com/2013/04/25/JXNw8gSWeOgmtV8p5B0KPL/video.html Driver gets a bit choked up remembering making conversation with the bomber about his Polo cap, and realizing it was the bombers that he drove.

Interesting little fact that the bombers had to take a taxi to the Boston Marathon, and paid the $39 for the fare, but stiffed the driver on the tip. The driver said the backpacks were in his trunkand when he went to open it TT pushed him out of the way and was very protective of it.

AFAIK that was the day before the bombings. It was discussed in the previous thread.

True....BUT this wasnt KT's friend......it was her HUSBAND .....

Just imagine for two seconds you are sitting there watching the 5 o'clock news and your husbands face pops up on TV saying he's wanted for questioning.....what would be your first instinct?

I think most people NORMAL first response would be to call their husband, like I thin 2 seconds, without thinking too much into it.

I don't think many people would think "oh my husbands face is on TV, he must be guilty, let me call the FBI" . I'm just being realistic, in that moment, I think instinct would be to pick up your phone and hit your speed dial.

Did she end up tipping him off... Probably, but I don't exactly think her intention was to tip him off so he could flee and evade the FBI.

After some thought should she have perhaps contacted the FBI, perhaps. But not doing it could have been more about denial and confusion then aiding and abetting.

I don't really think we should start placing the blame of Sean's death on the shoulders of KT just yet. (And I say that as someone who has a personal connection to Sean, and knows a former roommate of his, so I am in no way trivializing the cold blooded way Sean's life was taken).

And we don't know the context of the conversation if KT did immediately call husband. Was it "WHAT THE H--- ARE YOU DOING ALL OVER THE NEWS???!" or was it "Honey, you're picture is plastered everywhere, you better run!"
I think that my knee-jerk reaction would be to speed dial my husband and demand answers and then I would probably pack up the kids and head to my parents, seeking safety and privacy from EVERYONE until I could make sense of everything. And yes, I would have contacted the FBI while en route.

AFAIK that was the day before the bombings. It was discussed in the previous thread.

Wasn't that the trip to the MIT area. And the night of the shootout, they were in the same area. I wonder what their business was there.

I would love to see the video/s and or photos showing the perps placing the backpacks. The epitome of evil!

Pdf of the criminal complaint against DT.

Use of a weapon of mass destruction, and malicious destruction of property.
Details the FBI's charges against DT, as well as which cameras were viewed and timing of placing of the backpack on the ground , and walking away, the bomb going off 10 sec. later.
(Sorry if already posted}

Also details what was taken from DT's dorm, with the search warrant,
a pyrotechnic, the black jacket and the white hat, and BB's.

Jeff Bauman had to be the first person to identify TT!

If someone can help me out here, who was the source of the information that when Older Bomber went over to Dagestan that he wanted to stay there and bring his familyover and it was his father who convinced him to go back home to the USA? Was that from other relatives who live over there? The same ones who said he was out all night, etc.?

Anyone think it possible his father suspected he was getting involved with the bad guys over there and wanted his son OUT of there?

Another thing I wonder is, if <modsnip> was put onto that Terrorist List or Possible Terrorist List back in 2011 and then she went back to Dagestan in 2012 after the shoplifting charges, how was she then able to come back to the US several times to visit her children? (I am pretty sure the same report said that <modsnip> was back to the US several times)

And again, as always, where the heck was all the money for these trips coming from?

Interesting little fact that the bombers had to take a taxi a day before the marathon, and paid the $39 for the fare, but stiffed the driver on the tip. The driver said the heavy backpacks were in his trunk and when he went to open it TT pushed him out of the way and was very protective of it.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/25/malden-cab-driver-recalls-chilling-ride-with-bombing-suspects/

http://www.bostonglobe.com/2013/04/25/JXNw8gSWeOgmtV8p5B0KPL/video.html Driver gets a bit choked up remembering making conversation with the bomber about his Polo cap, and realizing it was the bombers that he drove.

More interesting is this would definately mean they made those bombs where?

Plus he talks about the cap? He was driving away with the bags? He mentioned the marathon? Well, that's a given, but he has two guys in his cab that are IMO look to be Middle Eastern and they got mad, heavy *advertiser censored** baggage? He remarks how heavy those backpacks are, and then thinks nothing of it.

It probably is true, but............................

The MSNBC Special is really really good! Mostly a narrative, using mostly stills, some video, very little talkie talkie.
Showing the David Green photo now with clearest image of Suspect #2. Now about Shawn Collier. Now about Danny. Better catch it later if you aren't watching now.

Does anyone know what victim in the hospital is still in critical condition? Could it be Martin Richard's mother, with brain injury?

If someone can help me out here, who was the source of the information that when Older Bomber went over to Dagestan that he wanted to stay there and bring his familyover and it was his father who convinced him to go back home to the USA? Was that from other relatives who live over there? The same ones who said he was out all night, etc.?

Anyone think it possible his father suspected he was getting involved with the bad guys over there and wanted his son OUT of there?

Another thing I wonder is, if <MODSNIP> was put onto that Terrorist List or Possible Terrorist List back in 2011 and then she went back to Dagestan in 2012 after the shoplifting charges, how was she then able to come back to the US several times to visit her children? (I am pretty sure the same report said that <MODSNIP> was back to the US several times)

And again, as always, where the heck was all the money for these trips coming from?

AS, I can't help you, but you aked all the same questions I did.

Oh and Mama gave facials as well? How'd that work out with the food stamps? Then beats the L&T charge by splitting. Should she then not be arrested if her tail comes back?

How is it the Uncle went to Duke and had some more than stellar employments but the brother did not? Is that Mama's fault?

Filly: I think Attorney Uncle was younger, smarter, and not saddled with a hellion of a wife. Looks like he lives in a very nice house in suburban Washington D.C. - and every suburb around there is pricey, pricey, pricey. So he must have a very good job. And in the interview he said he has 6 kids!

I did start to look around for earlier quotes about Older Bomber's trip(s) to Dagestan. (Russian FBS says he was there twice, <MODSNIP> said he only made one trip.)

Here's a quote from neighbors in Dagestan. It is from last Sunday:

http://world.time.com/2013/04/21/ne...ere-laboring-for-his-father/?iid=gs-main-lead

"Tsarnaev&#8217;s neighbors on Sunday rejected suggestions that Anzor&#8217;s son was radicalized during his visit last year. Although most of the neighbors declined to give their names, they were only too eager to defend the Tsarnaevs as upstanding and well-to-do members of the community. They dismissed any talk that Tamerlan, who appears to have posted videos on YouTube of Dagestani militants calling for armed jihad, may have been sympathetic to Islamist extremism. &#8220;He went to the main mosque every Friday with his father for services,&#8221; says Agayev. &#8220;So what? Christians go to church, Muslims go to mosques. There&#8217;s nothing radical about that.&#8221;

"Well-to-do" members of community after collecting welfare for years over here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!