Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Still Trapped In Cave , 23 June 2018 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

This is an update from UK's Channel Four.

One of the boys' friends on the outside has composed a song for them and he plays it on his guitar!

One of the boy's dad is interviewed and they show the boy's bedroom with his football shirt.

It says that one of the boys in the videos is wearing a Real Madrid shirt, but his friend says that his real favorite team is Liverpool!

At the beginning of the video, the reporter says that everything seems to be pointing to an imminent rescue operation.

I wonder I there is any way for them to somehow leave a monitor at the area where the boys are so they can definitively learn whether that area floods totally during the monsoon season. No matter what happens, I would think they'd want to know this.
My guess is they are communicating with the adults (and/or children) inside the cave with the children, monitoring the water levels, moo.

Gosh did you guys read upstream about possible "cave disease"?

Last edited:
I'd be the last one to be surprised about FakeNews, but it does say LIVE on the little red icon. I guess there's no way really to know.
True, but even when a person calls into a radio/tv show to speak, there is a delay so that if the person swears/otherwise acts up, it can be cut off before being aired.

Does anyone know how much time/distance they would have to be underwater at any given time? I’m unclear based on the chart.

I have dived a few times in the med with Navy divers. (Long story). I was terrified each time; not my thang. I have scuba’d through a cave near the cenote in Tulum, and found it equally terrifying. Basically, I’m a chicken s. Under the best, recreational situations the conditions require great diligence.
Our boys have their work cut out for them, but their determination and prayers will be buoys for them.

bbm I remember one or two days ago it was said in one report that the longest dive is 200ft. Please don't ask me to find the link :eek: ;)

I don't think they had much training. Seems it was too cold, too muddy and the current was/is strong.

Putting ones head underwater is SO counter intuitive, it takes a fair bit of time to teach children in a pool. They are not in any conditions i.e. pool that would encourage them to do so.

bbm Not for everyone. I remember I used to love being under water, diving as long as I could hold my breath, in pools as well as natural bodies of water. Or I would sit at the bottom of the pool, looking around. I found it wonderful. (Not fun in murky water though I would think!)

If this goes into a third thread before the rescue is completed could we add a list of best (and trusted) feeds to the opening posts? It's hard to go back and find posts linking to good sources once we are on a new thread...

Fingers crossed for a safe and gentle rescue followed by plenty of special deliveries from the area's best kitchens.
<3

Last edited:
Quoting from an article posted upstream, sorry if repost, thanks to poster.

In progress, have to split it up due to copyright

"Thirteen fully staffed medical teams stand ready round the clock outside a cave in Thailand -- each with its own helicopter and ambulance -- one for each of 12 boys and their coach trapped inside as a daring rescue gathers pace.
With oxygen levels dropping and rainstorms forecast, time is running out on a plan to teach the boys - some as young as 11 and not strong swimmers - to make a dive through narrow, waterlogged passageways that would challenge experienced cavers.
Medical staff involved in the mission told Reuters their first assessments will focus on the boy's breathing, signs of hypothermia and an airborne lung infection known as 'cave disease' which is caused by bat and bird droppings and can be fatal if it is untreated and spreads to other parts of the body."

Mammoth medical operation awaits trapped Thai cave boys

ADMIN NOTE: Splitting up posts to capture more than 10% in total is NOT allowed.

Thanks sillybilly, I had no idea this was not allowed. First time I'm hearing this.

Why all the green tarps if this is 'good' news?

The condition of our young men may not be so good, hence the green tarp. And even if it is good, they are going to be weak and distressed. The world doesn't need to know the condition of our "Wild Boars" before their parents/loved ones. Privacy is fleeting these days; let's allow some leeway here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rg143