The 911 Call, LE Radio Call & Police Report

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Am I correct and you are saying that LE is wrong again? They just happened to miss this. Well, I suggest they write another report and get it out there quickly to cover for this one.

The sheets and blanket were put outside to isolate the odors from the rest of the people's odor in the house.

No foul play was suspected....that box is marked correctly. There was no evidence in the home that a crime occurred.

The report is written on what is observed at the scene...not on an assumption of what happened. Incident reports do not cover what an officer thinks only what he observes. He has to see it to write it. He did not see blood or obvious evidence of "foul play".

Apparently, he did not see GGMA Sykes either.

I did not take any words out of context, but I have edited my post so as to avoid any confusion resulting from your comment. Adding back the extraneous words does not change the meaning, however, I believe that I now have all of AS's words regarding the call and her reaction to it. What exactly did she mean by the very sad sentence, "But when I got there and we looked, she wasn't there" ? Obviously we differ on that.

Well....lol. I take "we" to mean whoever was at the trailer then, and as I stated a few posts back, there was a patrol unit near Tyler Street when the 911 dispatch was calling out stuff to responding officers. If he was there and GGS lived 8 miles away wouldn't it stand to reason that he would have arrived at the scene before she did? I am only stating that when GGS said "we" looked and she wasn't there only confirmed that Haleigh was indeed missing. When I listened to the whole interview in context it sounded like she was hopeful that she would arrive at RC's and it would all be a misunderstanding and her Great granddaughter would be located. But that didn't happen. I surely can't say I know "we looked for her" meant she was with whoever looked for her, we have no way of knowing if GGS went into the trailer or not. It is my hope that LE did not allow anyone back into the MH. It should have been considered a crime scene.

Could someone show me in the police report where it says they "secured the scene" (the mh) at any time during the first six hours and did not allow anyone in?

Sorry to quote myself but have to clarify...no buttons..lol

<<No foul play was suspected....that box is marked correctly. There was no evidence in the home that a crime occurred.>>>

There was no evidence THAT THEY COULD OBSERVE AT THE TIME, in the home.

These reports are a synopsis of the officer's eyes, ears when arrives. They do not do an investigation. That arrives later. They interview people at the scene and write what they observe. They do not suggest or imply.

Unless things have changed there is only one incident report. There should not be more than one due to legal protocol.

Well....lol. I take "we" to mean whoever was at the trailer then, and as I stated a few posts back, there was a patrol unit near Tyler Street when the 911 dispatch was calling out stuff to responding officers. If he was there and GGS lived 8 miles away wouldn't it stand to reason that he would have arrived at the scene before she did? I am only stating that when GGS said "we" looked and she wasn't there only confirmed that Haleigh was indeed missing. When I listened to the whole interview in context it sounded like she was hopeful that she would arrive at RC's and it would all be a misunderstanding and her Great granddaughter would be located. But that didn't happen. I surely can't say I know "we looked for her" meant she was with whoever looked for her, we have no way of knowing if GGS went into the trailer or not. It is my hope that LE did not allow anyone back into the MH. It should have been considered a crime scene.

Hmmm - you don't think she would've said "They looked for her" or "They told me they'd looked there" ? But, we could debate every word in this short statement and still not agree, right ?

I echo your hope that LE did not allow anyone into the mh. I have been trying to determine at what point it was considered a crime scene. Any ideas on that ?

Arriving LE does not yellow tape the scene. It would be done by the next arrival, if necessary.

If GGMA was there at the time, it should be noted as she would have been interviewed as a witness.

Am I correct and you are saying that LE is wrong again? They just happened to miss this. Well, I suggest they write another report and get it out there quickly to cover for this one.

The sheets and blanket were put outside to isolate the odors from the rest of the people's odor in the house.

No foul play was suspected....that box is marked correctly. There was no evidence in the home that a crime occurred.

The report is written on what is observed at the scene...not on an assumption of what happened. Incident reports do not cover what an officer thinks only what he observes. He has to see it to write it. He did not see blood or obvious evidence of "foul play".

Apparently, he did not see GGMA Sykes either.

I didn't say LE was wrong, I am saying mistakes were made, I have seen tracking dogs at work before, and not once did I see anyone touch something that the victim of a crime was reportedly covered up in....just thrown outside for them to gain a scent from. That seems wrong to me. Why not let the dogs enter the MH and go into the room where the child was last known to have been? What if the whole back door being open was a ruse and Haleigh was taken out the front door? The dogs wouldn't have had an opportunity to go that way because the blankets were thrown out onto the back ramp.

So are you saying that there must be blood or other visible evidence for there to be foul play? I tend to think that a missing 5 year old, a propped open door that is said to be never used by the homes occupants...I mean aren't those foul play? I am no expert....but if I rolled up on a scene where a child was gone and the door was propped open and everyone was hysterical...something seems foul to me.

Arriving LE does not yellow tape the scene. It would be done by the next arrival, if necessary.

If GGMA was there at the time, it should be noted as she would have been interviewed as a witness.

If the scene is not taped off, would access have been allowed ? Was LE operating on the theory of a child wandering off ?

As hard as it is for most to believe...people say things which are not exactly correct all the time. Most people aren't used to being interviewed on television and their words scrutinized so they don't think before speaking as carefully as they should perhaps. I hardly think it is an issue if GGS mispoke about looking for Haleigh or anything else. Goodness, people act like they should be perfect! These are people who are upset, nervous about being on television or in the media, and are not wellspoken to begin with! Sheesh!

I want to know how RC called 2 people at the 911 call. He was looking for his phone during the 911 call. If he found it later (after the call) then TN was in the immediate area when she arrived.

GGMa says RC called her also...she missed his call and got TN's at 3:50. That means RC had to also call GGMA after 3:33.

The phone calls by RC is more suspicious than what GGMA is saying about her arrival. I have no problem with her being there. I just want to know at what time she looked in the closets.

Could it have been around 7:00pm and not at 4:00am?

witness to what....lol. According to your synopsis there was no crime for anyone to be interviewed for. I am not suggesting that there was yellow crime scene around the trailer. But don't you think it's possible that the arriving officer would not allow anyone to enter the house that a child was kidnapped from? Preserve it? Look you could be right, GGS may have been allowed to mosey through the trailer and look through the closets for Haleigh, If she was allowed to do that it would just prove my point that LE made some mistakes with this case.

If the scene is not taped off, would access have been allowed ? Was LE operating on the theory of a child wandering off ?
There were so many mistakes made by LE in the beginning it is difficult to tell what 'assumption' they were going under to start. They are woefully inexperienced in abductions so my guess is they did not secure the scene with tape or otherwise until much later and did allow family members inside the mh initially.

SS says:

<<As hard as it is for most to believe...people say things which are not exactly correct all the time. Most people aren't used to being interviewed on television and their words scrutinized so they don't think before speaking as carefully as they should perhaps. I hardly think it is an issue if GGS mispoke about looking for Haleigh or anything else. Goodness, people act like they should be perfect! These are people who are upset, nervous about being on television or in the media, and are not wellspoken to begin with! Sheesh!

Wonder why that logic was not applied to Marie...she may have meant to say Crystal called her at 4:00 not 5:00....hmmm.

I want to know how RC called 2 people at the 911 call. He was looking for his phone during the 911 call. If he found it later (after the call) then TN was in the immediate area when she arrived.

GGMa says RC called her also...she missed his call and got TN's at 3:50. That means RC had to also call GGMA after 3:33.

The phone calls by RC is more suspicious than what GGMA is saying about her arrival. I have no problem with her being there. I just want to know at what time she looked in the closets.

Well, he didn't call her from work.

Why is it a problem that Ronald called his mother first and his grandmother second before calling LE?! I don't have ANY problem with him calling to alert them and ask if they had any information on her whereabouts. I believe the calls were made soon after he walked in the door and learned Haleigh was missing.

witness to what....lol. According to your synopsis there was no crime for anyone to be interviewed for. I am not suggesting that there was yellow crime scene around the trailer. But don't you think it's possible that the arriving officer would not allow anyone to enter the house that a child was kidnapped from? Preserve it? Look you could be right, GGS may have been allowed to mosey through the trailer and look through the closets for Haleigh, If she was allowed to do that it would just prove my point that LE made some mistakes with this case.

First of all we are talking about an incident report.....not a criminal investigation report.

Witness is the term that is preprinted on the report and is to be filled out with the people that are at the scene and have something to contribute to the disappearance.

TN should not have been one....but she was there talking...so they put her on there.
Ron didn't tell them anything but they put him on there because he was at the scene.

An incident report is simply a synopsis of the crime scene and the people involved, not an investigation..

As I said.....probably on a different thread, LE most certainly have the phone records of the family members involved in this case. IF GGS was called from Ronalds cell phone at 7:00 instead of 3:30, they would know it. Ronald worked, I am sure they can confirm where his cell pinged and where GGS's phone pinged and TN.....and so on and so forth. Since none of these people have been looked at further by LE and since they haven't hauled any of this people in for a crime, and lying about whereabouts during an investigation into a missing child should be considered a crime in my opinion, maybe we should give them the benefit of the doubt since they are grieving family members and all.

Well, he didn't call her from work.

Why is it a problem that Ronald called his mother first and his grandmother second before calling LE?! I don't have ANY problem with him calling to alert them and ask if they had any information on her whereabouts. I believe the calls were made soon after he walked in the door and learned Haleigh was missing.
SS...it may be easier to understand what you are saying if you write the timeline down for RC's call to his GGMA and Ma.

However, you must keep in mind while the 911 call was being made by Misty, he couldn't find his phone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marziaforevercherry
Back