The actual vs. desired outcome

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
  1. The killer developed a weapon to facilitate control and kill on a child.
  2. The killer made repeated threats of extreme violence directed at a child, when only one small innuendo would have been enough.
  3. The killer brought cord with him, and carried out a planned assault and murder on a child in the same house where the parents slept.
  4. The killer demanded a ransom amount that makes sense to nobody. Not PR, JR, or anybody whom they know.
  5. The killer had no fear leaving 2 1/2 pages of handwriting.
  6. The killer escaped the law.
  7. The killer didn't like the U.S.
  8. The killer didn't like 'fat cats'.
  9. The killer worked in a group, as many in organized crime do.
  10. The killer remembered and used lines from violent films.
  11. The killer used the terms Victory and SBTC even though they didn't relate to kidnapping.
  12. The killer's composition was better than his handwriting or spelling.
1,2, and 3 are evidence of a hardened criminal who is interested in the criminality of what he has done. Doing it while the parents are there, using a weapon, and terrorizing the parents.

5,6, and 7 actually work together also. If the killer is foreign, then no fear leaving handwriting, no problem escaping the law for 10 years, and looks at the US from the POV of an outsider.

4 and 8 are related. If JR's bonus was really 118,000, the perp may think that qualifies JR as a fat cat.

Its clear to see (pretty obvious) that the RN is more complicated than an on the spot improvisation could or would be. But only to those willing to look.

Don't quit your day job. I can't even think of another reply to your ridiculous post. It is absolutely ridiculous that you are even considering this note at face value. You are going to have to step up the intelligence level here or the communication is going to seriously curtail. I don't care how self-righteous that sounds. Your reasoning is beyond juvenile. Comeon put some effort into it and at least try and think about it.

I don't think people at the wealth level of the Ramseys gave it a thought about what the State of Colorado had to pay. I think they would have let Colorado go bankrupt if it had meant keeping them out of jail. John Ramsey probably did little to discourage the spending in 2006 because the "best" suspect had died in June and Ramsey probably wouldn't want anyone focusing on him alone. Karr was a great diversion. I'd say at this point, the Colorado judicial system says "cut your losses and let it rest."

As to Patsy adamantly denying Burke's involvement, I tend to believe her. If she killed JonBenet or knew who did, it would be a big burden to see your surviving child under that umbrella of suspicion when you, the mother, know he had nothing to do with it. If she did it, that's sleazy to put your other child in a position he has to defend the rest of his life.

I meant if JBR's death was accidental, like Burke slamming her on the head with a flashlight or baseball bat, and they were trying to cover it up from the getgo, it doesn't make sense that they would put Colorado through all that expense to hide an unfortunate accident, so something worse must have happened where they knew they would be jailed if they talked, as you say, assuming you believe RDI.

You made insightful and good points in your post.

There could have been another person known to the Ramsey's in the house Christmas night, either before or after they arrived home from the White's.

Many women claim to have been abused by a "funny" uncle, grandparents, friends of family etc. when they were young. PR could have written the RN to cover-up for someone other than JR or Burke, and if fingerprints from people close to the Ramsey's were found in the home they wouldn't be out of place.

Thanks for the compliments, I'll stay on the fence for now

Hi Jeena. I just don't think so. If she is going to cover for anyone, it would be Burke. I don't think she is going to cover for John, it is possible but highly unlikely. She is too strong a woman, much stronger than the average woman. She might cover for Burke if she believed it was an accident. She did cover for him years before when he hit JB with a golf club and Patsy took her to the ER. She lied about Burke's age to the attendants.

Do you believe there was prior sexual abuse?

jeena,
I can see Patsy covering for her dad (?) He's always seemed a little "hinky" to me.

Hi Jeena. I just don't think so. If she is going to cover for anyone, it would be Burke. I don't think she is going to cover for John, it is possible but highly unlikely. She is too strong a woman, much stronger than the average woman. She might cover for Burke if she believed it was an accident. She did cover for him years before when he hit JB with a golf club and Patsy took her to the ER. She lied about Burke's age to the attendants.

Do you believe there was prior sexual abuse?

Hello Solace,

I think she would cover for JR, wouldn't her entire life be destroyed with JR in jail. Could Patsy deal with the stress of her cancer, dead daughter, jailed husband, Burke, the media, financial problems? Look at poor Beth Holloway Twitty, she lost her husband because her daughter is missing because of the strain on their relationship (I know there are reports Beth is dating JR).

I don't know what to think about prior sexual abuse, there are so many conflicting opinions, I don't know. Then there's all the doctor visits for vaginal infections, etc. Maybe she got vaginal infections from wearing tights or nylons under her costumes, or bubble bath.
I'm the type who finds it hard to believe it's happened to former beauty contestants, Marie Osmond, Oprah Winfrey, etc. I believe their stories and react with shock, but just find it hard to accept that sexual abuse goes on and don't like to think about it.

My niece still wears pull-ups at night, she's 12 years old. I never saw her parents angry about it and we live in the same house, so it's hard for me to buy the story about PR going off the edge because of bed-wetting. My niece's doctor suggest exercises to tighten her muscles.

But would John cover for him?

John probably wouldn't want to expose incest and subject JonBenet, even in death, and perhaps others in the family, to what some might see as public humiliation.

I still sit on the fence about the digital penetration evidence. Patsy could have inflicted it during some cleansing routine. Of course, any number of other people could have as well but it's unlikely Steve Thomas dreamed up the idea of corporal cleaning, in my opinion.

I should have added that yes, I think Patsy would cover for John. He's never the killer in my theories so I forgot about him (as if that's possible).

jeena,
I can see Patsy covering for her dad (?) He's always seemed a little "hinky" to me.

to me, too.And remember Nedra wasn't there most of the time;she was back in Atlanta.I also read he babysat the kids sometimes.

There could have been another person known to the Ramsey's in the house Christmas night, either before or after they arrived home from the White's.

Many women claim to have been abused by a "funny" uncle, grandparents, friends of family etc. when they were young. PR could have written the RN to cover-up for someone other than JR or Burke, and if fingerprints from people close to the Ramsey's were found in the home they wouldn't be out of place.

Thanks for the compliments, I'll stay on the fence for now

Maybe its just me...but, if a "funny uncle, grandparent, or friend of the family" came into my home and murdered MY child...there would be no way in .....heck....that I would cover for them, by writing a bogus ransom note. No, she did that to save her own butt....

John probably wouldn't want to expose incest and subject JonBenet, even in death, and perhaps others in the family, to what some might see as public humiliation.

I still sit on the fence about the digital penetration evidence. Patsy could have inflicted it during some cleansing routine. Of course, any number of other people could have as well but it's unlikely Steve Thomas dreamed up the idea of corporal cleaning, in my opinion.

I posted a portion of Cyril Wecht's book, on one of the threads here, and he said that the penetration was done carefully... so not to inflict damage....for example...someone easing a finger in...or something like that. (Sorry to be so graphic)....or, IMO....someone inserting a douche...maybe??

My niece still wears pull-ups at night, she's 12 years old. I never saw her parents angry about it and we live in the same house, so it's hard for me to buy the story about PR going off the edge because of bed-wetting. My niece's doctor suggest exercises to tighten her muscles.

Then you can conclude from this that if JonBenet had been staying with the parents of your niece that night she would still be alive today.

Hello Solace,

I think she would cover for JR, wouldn't her entire life be destroyed with JR in jail. Could Patsy deal with the stress of her cancer, dead daughter, jailed husband, Burke, the media, financial problems? Look at poor Beth Holloway Twitty, she lost her husband because her daughter is missing because of the strain on their relationship (I know there are reports Beth is dating JR).

I don't know what to think about prior sexual abuse, there are so many conflicting opinions, I don't know. Then there's all the doctor visits for vaginal infections, etc. Maybe she got vaginal infections from wearing tights or nylons under her costumes, or bubble bath.
I'm the type who finds it hard to believe it's happened to former beauty contestants, Marie Osmond, Oprah Winfrey, etc. I believe their stories and react with shock, but just find it hard to accept that sexual abuse goes on and don't like to think about it.

Maria Osmond was a victim of incest? I did not know that. Any more info on it?

Also re your niece. May I ask if she has a physical problem and that is the reason for wearing the pullups at 12 years old?

I posted a portion of Cyril Wecht's book, on one of the threads here, and he said that the penetration was done carefully... so not to inflict damage....for example...someone easing a finger in...or something like that. (Sorry to be so graphic)....or, IMO....someone inserting a douche...maybe??

Yep Ames, I agree with your last sentence. Hey this is a graphic case, no need to apologize to me anyway.

Hope you are feeling great these days. I can't wait and I bet you can't either.

Also re your niece. May I ask if she has a physical problem and that is the reason for wearing the pullups at 12 years old?

Yes, Marie Osmond was molested....but, I don't recall if it was by a family member of not. That is what made her gain weight..back when she was a teen.

I will see if I can find some info on that...

Marie Osmond has a book out, she admits she was sexual molested at a young age, she didn't tell anyone about it because she was threatened, she doesn't say who did it. Her life as a child sounds similar to JBR, she said she started work at 3 yrs. old, had to be conscious of her looks, she was robbed of her childhood, and was very unhappy. She has suffered from post-partum depression also.

My niece only wears pull-ups to bed now. She has not been diagnosed with any condition, her doctor feels that exercises will help her to avoid accidents at night. When she stayed with me last week she said she likes to wear pull-ups to bed "just in case." I told her it was a good idea so she didn't feel self conscious about it.

I knew about Alison Arngrin (Nellie from "Little House On The Prairie"), Traci Lords and Oprah, and some of the others, but I didn't know about Marie Osmund and Goldie Hawn. That is truly tragic for those women.
I know some may disagree, but it is also tragic that they choose not to name their abuser, dead or still alive. In Terri Hatcher's book, she names the person who abused her, though it must have been hard.
Keeping their secret, even while admitting their abuse, only enables them to abuse again or to think that they are not responsible for what they did or that the person they abused caused them to do it. Classic "blame the victim".
When a person "helps" their abuser keep that secret, they are protecting that person from suffering the consequences of what they did.
I must say I am awfully suspicious of Marie Osmund's refusal to name the person. It MUST have been a close family member for her to do that. JMHO.

I think the Rs wouldn't give a sweet rat's patoot about Colorado spending umteen dollars on the investigation. After all, look what they were spending on defense lawyers, so in their minds it was tit for tat.
All they worried about was staying out of jail and getting away with this crime. Check and check mate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avatour360
Back