The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving the look. These styles of dresses really do look royal!
princess-charlene-gown-z.jpg

Hell Magazine Canada - Red Cross Gala (2019)
Queen-Letizia-of-Spain-in-Stella-McCartney-King-Willem-Alexander-of-The-Netherlands-Birthday-Party.jpg

Queen Letizia of Spain in Stella McCartney - 2017. Getty Images/RCFX
Beautiful and timeless style IMO
I remember princess diana wearing a long red dress very similar in style

Regal in blue! The Queen is all smiles as she joins Sophie Wessex at Buckingham Palace to celebrate the work of The Queen Elizabeth Diamond Jubilee Trust

The Queen is all smiles as she joins Sophie Wessex at Buckingham Palace | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 212092 View attachment 212093

I love seeing Sophie. Has she been doing more appearances or are they just getting more coverage? I know the Royal Family Instagram account has been covering her appearances, maybe that brings more press coverage.

Windsor Castle advertises for a new housekeeping assistant to ensure the palace is kept sparkling - and they could be living alongside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle

Windsor Castle advertises for new Housekeeping Assistant | Daily Mail Online

View attachment 212095

it sounds like a nightmare. Cleaning and doing things for guests.

Cleaning my house which is probably the size of one of their closets is a full time job if I needed to keep it to the highest standards which means dusting everything everyday including light fixtures.

I wonder if they by any chance are more zen and have very little in their home.

I cannot fathom cleaning anything with all of the carving of the picture frames, woodwork, light fixtures and furniture at a palace. Just looking at it makes me exhausted.

White glove anyone?

I cannot fathom cleaning anything with all of the carving of the picture frames, woodwork, light fixtures and furniture at a palace. Just looking at it makes me exhausted.

Can you imagine polishing all that silver? My Mum has a silver tray and a few silver items and I'm always given the job of polishing it around Christmas, so intensely boring, I can only imagine that on the scale of a palace and having to do it more frequently than once a year

The Queen only uses six of Buckingham Palace’s 775 rooms, according to sources who said she is "very modest".

'Modest' Queen only uses six of Buckingham Palace’s 775 rooms

View attachment 211933
I didn’t realise how many rooms Buckingham Palace had it is interesting Her Majesty only uses six rooms as her private space.

qu.jpg

This is the White Drawing Room and behind that mirror on the left is a hidden passage to the Queen's private quarters

Demonstration of the door in this video - and a discussion about the cleaning!

Beautiful and timeless style IMO
I remember princess diana wearing a long red dress very similar in style

Unfortunately the red dress wasn't worn by Princess Diana, it was determined to be photoshopped.
85bbba1d8df0153093aafd6f9a9f227d.jpg

Looking back at these maternity photos of Princess Anne,

upload_2019-10-29_16-18-23.png
people.com A Look Back at Royal Maternity Fashions December 03, 2012 12:30 PM

This is one of my favourite dresses worn by Princess Diana
42D5E2F200000578-4745052-image-a-26_1501463166846.jpg

(DailymailUK- how diana invented modern red carpet glamour)

June 1981

images

20 Photos of Princess Diana, Natural Beauty

It's really hard reading on this thread. I've skipped a few threads. Am not yet half-way through, and not sure about finishing it.

I think there are some fairly young people involved in the royal life who need to straighten up. The darling Queen may be irritated by all of the goings-on, but they should remember that not only is she the Queen. but she is also a very, very old woman, and should not have to spend her days with family worries to this degree. The young royals need to act royally for the sake of the Queen, their GRANDMOTHER. They should not bring her unhappiness. Bless her heart, she carries on through all of this hoo-haw, but she needs to be happy and as stress-free as possible. Not meaning to leave grandfather out. Applies to him, too.

Behave, kids! Give those who love you some peace.

It's really hard reading on this thread. I've skipped a few threads. Am not yet half-way through, and not sure about finishing it.

I think there are some fairly young people involved in the royal life who need to straighten up. The darling Queen may be irritated by all of the goings-on, but they should remember that not only is she the Queen. but she is also a very, very old woman, and should not have to spend her days with family worries to this degree. The young royals need to act royally for the sake of the Queen, their GRANDMOTHER. They should not bring her unhappiness. Bless her heart, she carries on through all of this hoo-haw, but she needs to be happy and as stress-free as possible. Not meaning to leave grandfather out. Applies to him, too.

Behave, kids! Give those who love you some peace.

Hi Teedie2 . Posts on this thread vary. I hope you can find ones you like, it changes from day to day and week to week depending on what's happening with the family.

Tiara lovers, has this one been discussed yet. I'm sorry, but I really don't like it. Not sure what to say, I feel it looks like Christmas tree ornaments.
Her name is Lady Penny Romsey
lady-penny-romsey-attends-a-performance-of-the-dramatic-theatre-the-picture-id157781502

source: Gettyimages.ca Photo by Antony Jones/UK Press via Getty Images

But it looks sdifferent on Princess Alice of Battenburg in 1903
1903-princess-alice-of-2.jpeg

http://
www.gogmsite.net/
the-belle-epoque-1890-1914/ subalbum-princess-alice-of--2/1903-princess-alice-of-batt.html

Princess Diana’s former butler Paul Burrell is an absolute disgrace. His story today on the Daily Mail website about the late Princess and her Mother is disgusting, horrifying and shameful. Hiring him is one of the worst things the royal family ever did. He has made a career out of betraying the late Princess and the royal family and he should be thoroughly ashamed of himself.
He is a hot mess. He shames the media and their bullying but yet he sells his info to the tabloids. Shame on you Paul!

He is a hot mess. He shames the media and their bullying but yet he sells his info to the tabloids. Shame on you Paul!

I’m surprised William and Harry haven’t sued him I wish he had violated a non-disclosure agreement and been sued for every penny he has made off of Princess Diana and Her Majesty.

Oh, I would love to have closets separated by colors! Wouldn’t that be nice? One could actually see what they owned.

My clothes don’t have that much breathing room. They are choking to death due to lack of space! Lol.

Female MPs support Meghan with a letter:

Seventy-two female MPs have written to the Duchess of Sussex to express their solidarity with her in the face of the "outdated, colonial undertones" which appear against her and her family in the press.

The parliamentarians, from across the political spectrum, said they supported her in "taking a stand against the often distasteful and misleading nature of the stories printed in a number of our national newspapers concerning you, your character and your family."

The MPs rounded off their letter by calling on the press to respect an individual's right to privacy and to stop "seeking to tear down a woman down for no apparent reason."

Meghan Markle: Dozens of female MPs sign open letter to Duchess of Sussex condemning press coverage - CNN

Diana grew more beautiful as she got older. Perhaps because she developed a lot of self confidence.

I really hate the Queen’s George Washington hairdo.

I wonder what hairdo would look good on her

Female MPs support Meghan with a letter:

Seventy-two female MPs have written to the Duchess of Sussex to express their solidarity with her in the face of the "outdated, colonial undertones" which appear against her and her family in the press.

The parliamentarians, from across the political spectrum, said they supported her in "taking a stand against the often distasteful and misleading nature of the stories printed in a number of our national newspapers concerning you, your character and your family."

The MPs rounded off their letter by calling on the press to respect an individual's right to privacy and to stop "seeking to tear down a woman down for no apparent reason."

Meghan Markle: Dozens of female MPs sign open letter to Duchess of Sussex condemning press coverage - CNN

Good for them!

Diana grew more beautiful as she got older. Perhaps because she developed a lot of self confidence.

I really hate the Queen’s George Washington hairdo.

I wonder what hairdo would look good on her

My mother wore a similar hairstyle for most of her adult life. It was an easy style for her and I know she didn’t want the hassle of changing, even though something else might have looked better. In the Queen’s case, I suspect it’s also important to her to project a consistent look and not distract people with trying something different. It probably works well with hats and tiaras too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue