The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Published 13 January 2020
Today my family had very constructive discussions on the future of my grandson and his family.

My family and I are entirely supportive of Harry and Meghan’s desire to create a new life as a young family. Although we would have preferred them to remain full-time working Members of the Royal Family, we respect and understand their wish to live a more independent life as a family while remaining a valued part of my family.

Harry and Meghan have made clear that they do not want to be reliant on public funds in their new lives.

It has therefore been agreed that there will be a period of transition in which the Sussexes will spend time in Canada and the UK.

These are complex matters for my family to resolve, and there is some more work to be done, but I have asked for final decisions to be reached in the coming days.

ENDS

A statement from Her Majesty The Queen

Rbbm

If that’s the case, she would be mothering like Queen Elizabeth, who put her duties before her children. IMO

Agree, and many women (worldwide) do the same, leaving the mothering to staff. I’m guessing some have an hour per day with their kids, a lot of days none. We see some rock stars, politicians, actors & tycoons with their kids when they do photo shoots & that might be the only time they spend with them. Moo

Long live the Queen, is all I can say!

A perfect statement to put some of the vicious rumours to bed. She supports their decision. The family supports their decision. It might not be straightforward but they will work it out, because they all want to be a family.

I hope to see all of them together soon. Time will tell.

I realize the repetitive and questionable click bait from non reputable sources but as far as what has happened with PH and MM failing to speak to the family first has been aired on major US news networks. Including the rift between the brothers, disrespect for the Queen, what MM said in the documentary. Basically poor judgment and rash decisions overall.

Unlike the DM & other it hasn’t been embellished with personal gossip innuendos. Nonetheless it has been in the national news headlines.
This issue is addressed in the Sussex's new website under Media:
"Britain’s Royal Correspondents [which includes the DM and other tabloids] are regarded internationally as credible sources of both the work of members of The Royal Family as well as of their private lives. This misconception propels coverage that is often carried by other outlets around the world, amplifying frequent misreporting. Regrettably, stories that may have been filed accurately by Royal Correspondents are, also, often edited or rewritten by media editorial teams to present false impressions."
Media | The Official Website of The Duke & Duchess of Sussex

The Queen, Prince Charles, and Prince William are to be applauded for also recognizing and addressing the other family members who are not in the immediate direct line of succession ahead of Prince Henry: ie: Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.

This is very responsible way to address the entire issue. MM, PH, and Archie are not the only people involved in this.
Sorry but you need to fact check or rewrite, Charlotte and Louis ARE in direct line of succession after George, the law was changed to allow princesses to ascend in the same sequence as princes...another new-fangled concept.

Doesn't really say anything . They don't want to be reliant on public funds, but they have applied for global trademarks on the SussexRoyal brand, turning the RF into a sort of RoyalsrUs to exploit. It looks like the "new life" entails keeping all the privileges of the old one, as expected. I don't understand the need for a transition period. Quit the job and pay your own way like the rest of us.
When PE tried to develop a career, and made some pretty good documentary films, he was shut down since it was felt there was a conflict with a son of the Sovereign trading on his position for commercial gain, so I am curious why this couple will be allowed to merchandise the RF.
IMO MM will be persona non grata in the UK now, although she skipped out so quickly I am not sure she will ever come back.

The Queen, Prince Charles, and Prince William are to be applauded for also recognizing and addressing the other family members who are not in the immediate direct line of succession ahead of Prince Henry: ie: Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis.

This is very responsible way to address the entire issue. MM, PH, and Archie are not the only people involved in this.
Harry is 6th in line.
PC, PW,PG,PrC,PL. Then Harry.

Doesn't really say anything . They don't want to be reliant on public funds, but they have applied for global trademarks on the SussexRoyal brand, turning the RF into a sort of RoyalsrUs to exploit. It looks like the "new life" entails keeping all the privileges of the old one, as expected. I don't understand the need for a transition period. Quit the job and pay your own way like the rest of us.
When PE tried to develop a career, and made some pretty good documentary films, he was shut down since it was felt there was a conflict with a son of the Sovereign trading on his position for commercial gain, so I am curious why this couple will be allowed to merchandise the RF.
IMO MM will be persona non grata in the UK now, although she skipped out so quickly I am not sure she will ever come back.
She will not come back. There will be excuses for her not coming back and PH will fly back alone. And I feel very sad for Archie. There will be issues for him if the RF is muted from his life. He was born a royal too, not just a Markle. JMO

The Queen wins !
The Sussex family will be expected to return to the UK for some time during the "transition."

This means The Queen is demanding that Archie be returned to the UK for some time, and they can't hide away in secret billionaire's villas.

I imagine this means they have to face the members of the Royal Family, including Prince Charles and Camilla, Prince William and Duchess Catherine, Prince Edward and Countess Sophie.

Just like respectable people do.

And then they may get to hear what the UK public feel about this

Just thinking about security and wondering who gets bodyguards, outside of the immediate family. Do Peter and Zara, for example, have security for their children when they're out and about? They are grandchildren of the Queen so you'd think so, but I've never heard about them being protected.
No they do not. Neither do PB or PE. Remember the fuss that was made over their security costing £500k each while they were at Uni. PA objected but was given the choice to pay for it himself, which he apparently still does. The only time they get protection is on Official duties.

She will not come back. There will be excuses for her not coming back and PH will fly back alone. And I feel very sad for Archie. There will be issues for him if the RF is muted from his life. He was born a royal too, not just a Markle. JMO

The Queen has essentially declared Archie, MM, and PH return to the UK while other issues with the deal are being finalized. This isn't a subtle hint. It's part of the deal.

Long live the Queen, is all I can say!

A perfect statement to put some of the vicious rumours to bed. She supports their decision. The family supports their decision. It might not be straightforward but they will work it out, because they all want to be a family.

I hope to see all of them together soon. Time will tell.
There was nothing new in there . It was a PR statement… JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member