The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 172486 View attachment 172487

Proud wife alert! Pregnant Meghan gazes adoringly at Harry as she makes a surprise appearance with her husband on stage after his speech at an event celebrating young people

Meghan Markle makes a surprise appearance at WE Day event in London | Daily Mail Online

Does anyone know off hand when the pregnancy announcement was? I think Meghan looks about 8 months/36 weeks there? Could be good for early to mid-April after all.

Both the royal couples look lovely in the photos above.

View attachment 172506 View attachment 172507

No raining on Kate's parade! Duchess of Cambridge is all smiles as she wraps up in an olive £900 Sportmax coat for a trip to drizzly Blackpool with William

Kate Middleton wraps up for trip to Blackpool with Prince William | Daily Mail Online

The necklace with the initial “W” for William is so hilarious. Love it!

The stories of the lives but overcoming. Using drugs as a child but overcoming.

I wonder how Kate and William feel after leaving the poverty?

I taught children who were homeless. Seeing their living situations was so intense I retired early because of the stress of trying to help with impossible situations.

I could leave . They got to live their hardships 24/7

The homeless have such an uphill filled with landmines battle.

The Royals seem to be filled with empathy and decorum. It is refreshing to see that .

Does anyone know off hand when the pregnancy announcement was? I think Meghan looks about 8 months/36 weeks there? Could be good for early to mid-April after all.

Both the royal couples look lovely in the photos above.

Meghan and Harry announced that they were expecting at Princess Eugenie's wedding on October 12, 2018. Media reports indicated that Meghan had already had twelve-week scans.

Royals on high alert over online abuse of Meghan Markle

Royal family has issued social media guidelines

Britain's royal family is beefing up its social media operation amid a rise in racist online abuse targeting the Duchess of Sussex in the months after the announcement of her pregnancy, sources have told CNN.

Kensington Palace staff are devoting more resources to deleting comments targeting Meghan, and blocking abusive Twitter and Instagram accounts. Software is being used to filter out the use of the n-word as well as emojis of guns and knives...

Royals on high alert over online abuse of Meghan Markle

Royal family has issued social media guidelines

Britain's royal family is beefing up its social media operation amid a rise in racist online abuse targeting the Duchess of Sussex in the months after the announcement of her pregnancy, sources have told CNN.

Kensington Palace staff are devoting more resources to deleting comments targeting Meghan, and blocking abusive Twitter and Instagram accounts. Software is being used to filter out the use of the n-word as well as emojis of guns and knives...

I don’t know how effective this is going to be in stopping the online trolls. I don’t know why they don’t just turn the comments off. I imagine they want to continue to encourage communication between The Royals and the public because it helps maintain public enthusiasm for the Monarchy but I don’t know how long they can continue deleting every nasty comment.

OT: gregjrichards, it is so good to have you back with us here on the Royals thread. Hope you are on a path to wellness.

Thank you so much for your kindness I really appreciate it. I’m still going through a very challenging time but hopefully things will improve soon. I enjoy coming here it helps take my mind off the pain. Best wishes to you.

This was just posted on my Xfinity homepage:

Queen Elizabeth II Just Shared Her First Instagram Post | Xfinity

Welcome to Instagram, Queen Elizabeth II!

Her Majesty took to the social network via an iPad on Thursday to publish her first post on The Royal Family's account.

In her Instagram debut, The Queen opened up about her visit to the Science Museum in London and shared a picture of an old letter sent to Prince Albert from mathematician and inventor Charles Babbage...

View attachment 172236 View attachment 172237

Meghan and Kate reunited! Duchesses make a rare joint appearance as the Queen hosts a party at Buckingham Palace to mark Charles' 50 years as Prince of Wales

Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle reunite for 1st time since Christmas | Daily Mail Online

Hope you're feeling better!

I'm enjoying the 50th Anniversary of Charles investiture. The history is so interesting. Didn't realize it was Lord Snowdon who designed the ceremony at Caernarfon Castle in Wales. Beautiful ceremony they had there in the seat of King Edward's kingdom!

Caernarfon Castle

141196_Wales_CaernarfonCastleinSnowdonia_shutterstock_84341848.jpg

There are so many ancient castles in Wales. I hope to visit some of them on my next trip.

Conwy Castle in North Wales

Conwy_Castle_Exterior.jpg

Another photo of Caernarfon Castle

Caernarfon_Castle_Exterior.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 172737

One's first Instagram post! Queen shares a letter sent to her great-great-grandfather Prince Albert by the world's first computer pioneer as she visits the Science Museum

Tangerine dream! The Queen dazzles in bright orange at London's Science Museum | Daily Mail Online

Love her coat and hat. I think a different colored dress would have been better.

The Royals are a class act. So refreshing. I feel joy when I look at them. Hope for humanity

We talk a lot about what the royal women wear, but we rarely mention the men. Still I couldn’t help but notice what Harry was wearing yesterday. He usually dresses impeccably but yesterday his jacket didn’t fit well and was rumpled. His outfit was completely gray from his tattered coat to the saggy knees of his jeans. And who couldn’t notice the scuffed shoes he wore?

Posing as a common man but not convincingly he was every bit a prince from head to toe. But, “Nice try,” Harry.

We talk a lot about what the royal women wear, but we rarely mention the men. Still I couldn’t help but notice what Harry was wearing yesterday. He usually dresses impeccably but yesterday his jacket didn’t fit well and was rumpled. His outfit was completely gray from his tattered coat to the saggy knees of his jeans. And who couldn’t notice the scuffed shoes he wore?

Posing as a common man but not convincingly he was every bit a prince from head to toe. But, “Nice try,” Harry.

I didn’t notice to be honest I just saw and love how happy they are together and how the Duchess of Sussex is glowing.

Love her coat and hat. I think a different colored dress would have been better.

The Royals are a class act. So refreshing. I feel joy when I look at them. Hope for humanity

I really had to look at the floral pattern, but there is a hint of orange in the flower. Would like to see the dress....maybe one day.

Meghan Markle joins Annie Lennox for International Women's Day event | Daily Mail Online

I do not like this outfit at all. The dress is too short to be worn with spike heels and no tights. It does not look classy. Some opaque black tights and a chunkier shoe would have looked far better.

Edit: Also I'm a big believer that if your jacket/blazer can't actually fasten up, don't wear it.

10741752-6786039-image-a-68_1552049295340.jpg
Aaahhhhhggghhh. Especially if you’re going to pay that much for one. Do they not make maternity blazers? She could literally have any clothes she wants so why not purchase items that fit. No doubt there’s a women’s shelter or assistance group somewhere that would welcome donations of slightly used maternity clothes.

And also? When your dress is that short, and you’re sitting in front of a crowd and know you’re being photographed for literally all the world to see, be careful how you’re sitting.

And another also? How can she sit like that at 8 months pregnant?

All that said, the black & white print is very striking on her. It’s a good look. I just wish it fit. :(

View attachment 173004 View attachment 173005

Meghan Markle tells women's panel 'I feel the embryonic kicking of feminism'

Meghan Markle tells women's panel 'I feel the embryonic kicking of feminism'

I don’t mean to sound sexist at all when I say this but I am amazed the Duchess is able to do all these engagements and travelling whilst so heavily pregnant.

I don't think it's necessarily sexist, but IMO, it is kind of disrespectful. Women have been working late into their pregnancies since the beginning of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14