The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right on, human.
My older son, back in the 60's, wanted a vacuum before he could really say the word properly. He loved anything mechanical and noisy. He got his v'room vacuum. I taught both sons to make cookies and devil dogs during
school vacations.
Today the older one is a Pilot and his brother is a Carpenter.
How much more 'masculine' could they be?
I wish my mother-in-law had taught my husband a few things like this!

I hope they don’t go as far as Angelina Jolie has with her first daughter! This child wanted to dress as a boy, like her older brother from a very young age.

Angelina and Brad went along with it. Now years later, the child still dresses like a boy and has the mannerisms of a boy.

IMO, a two year old has no idea or knowledge of who they really are. They want to mimic someone or a style. It is a parent’s responsibility to guide the child, not let this toddler rule the roost.

Perhaps, with society changing so much, they simply mean that they are going to raise their children to be more tolerant and accepting of others and themselves.

All I saw in the article was that their nursery is painted in neutral colours.

I also suspect the media is making up a lot of nonsense to sell papers.

I sincerely doubt the RF is telling the media how they'll raise an unborn child.

They'll do what ALL of the RF members do, they'll hire a nanny or two and get on with their lives.

As for Angelina Jolie, she's a whole different box of nutz. IMO

I have a friend who I have known since age 8. I only met him at age 8 so I do not know how he was before. He wanted to be a girl. I thought he was a girl.

He is 16 now and very comfortable with the fact he wants to be a girl.

The body is very complex. Why cannot there be some different things that happen? Blue eues. Red hair. Boys that were born with a male organ but really are girls.

I have to say since I have my very good trans friend, I do not understand the fear and loathing.

I’m wondering if the term gender fluid lacks the specifics?

Like what does it mean? It sounds like a crossover energy drink.

So sometimes I think it’s the language that is the biggest barrier.

There are a lot of terms out there. And it’s a generational thing, too. I never identified or labeled myself as a feminist in the 70’s, per say, though I supported the ERA with gusto.

Maybe there’s a need for young people to make these identifications because there are many versions of what it is to be family, a parent?

One thing is fairly certain, the baby will be a royal baby that comes with all the privilege and limitations of that upbringing.

To me, the elaborate shower was a kind of "send-off" for Meghan to enjoy and at the same time say farewell to the "celebrity lifestyle".

I am intrigued to see how Meghan will continue to "adapt" her creativity from her acting "craft", along with her passion to help others, into a life of serving others.

The Queen has opened a pathway for Meghan to accomplish this through specific patronage positions, to which Meghan has already shown a genuine passion towards.

Excerpts from the link (below):

The National Theatre
"Her Royal Highness volunteered at a performing arts after school programme for children in underprivileged school districts in Los Angeles."

Smart Works
"The Duchess has visited Smart Works several times over the last year where she has worked with many women who have benefited from the charity’s support, helping them through coaching and interview preparation."

Mayhew
"We're thrilled that HRH shares our commitment to improving the lives of animals and people, and are excited to make a difference together."

The Association of Commonwealth Universities
"The Duchess shares our passion for the transformational power of higher education"

The Royal Foundation
"Meghan also serves as patron of the Royal Foundation, which operates as "the primary vehicle for their royal highnesses' philanthropic work."

Meghan Markle's Full List of Royal Patronages - Meghan Markle to Become Patron of 4 Charities

Meghan made secret trip to visit mum Doria in Los Angeles, as due date approaches
Meghan Markle has paid a secret visit her mum Doria. But the hush-hush trip was noticed by surprised neighbours
Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, made a secret visit to her mum Doria at her small bungalow in Los Angeles, it has been claimed.

According to The Sun, the couple were spotted during the hush-hush trip by surprised neighbours.

Speaking from her house a few doors down from Doria’s quirky, green-painted home in LA this week, one told The Sun: “Meghan is a mummy’s girl — their special mother-daughter bond hasn’t disappeared just because she’s moved to England.

Meghan’s secret dash to visit mum

So determined is Ragland to stay grounded, friends claim she has shunned offers of financial help from her millionaire daughter.

One told The Sun: “Doria could live in a Hollywood Hills mansion behind huge walls if she wished.

“But she doesn’t. She has chosen to stay in the street she’s lived on for the past 25 years, where all her friends are and where her community is. She is incredibly popular around here and everyone is fiercely protective over her.

Meghan made secret trip to visit mum Doria in Los Angeles, as due date approaches
Meghan Markle has paid a secret visit her mum Doria. But the hush-hush trip was noticed by surprised neighbours
Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, made a secret visit to her mum Doria at her small bungalow in Los Angeles, it has been claimed.

According to The Sun, the couple were spotted during the hush-hush trip by surprised neighbours.

Speaking from her house a few doors down from Doria’s quirky, green-painted home in LA this week, one told The Sun: “Meghan is a mummy’s girl — their special mother-daughter bond hasn’t disappeared just because she’s moved to England.

What! How long ago was this?! I read where Doria quit her job and moved to England. I think I read, she moved in with Meghan and Harry.

What! How long ago was this?! I read where Doria quit her job and moved to England. I think I read, she moved in with Meghan and Harry.

Today’s news MARCH 4, 2019

You might have me thinking it’s another fake news.

“While the dates of their stay aren’t known, royal experts believe it is likely to have been a cost-effective stop-off during the return leg of their trip to Australia in early November, rather than a taxpayer-funded jaunt from London”.

So determined is Ragland to stay grounded, friends claim she has shunned offers of financial help from her millionaire daughter.

One told The Sun: “Doria could live in a Hollywood Hills mansion behind huge walls if she wished.

“But she doesn’t. She has chosen to stay in the street she’s lived on for the past 25 years, where all her friends are and where her community is. She is incredibly popular around here and everyone is fiercely protective over her.

I hate to say this as I'm sure Doria wants to continue living life as usual, but her distinctive house is pictured in that article - isn't she a kidnap target?!

Today’s news MARCH 4, 2019

You might have me thinking it’s another fake news.

“While the dates of their stay aren’t known, royal experts believe it is likely to have been a cost-effective stop-off during the return leg of their trip to Australia in early November, rather than a taxpayer-funded jaunt from London”.

Ok that was November! I'm pretty sure I heard she moved to England since then.

The Duchess of Cambridge has revealed Princess Charlotte's nickname is 'Lottie', after letting the name slip to well-wishers during a visit to Northern Ireland.

Mummy blogger Laura-Ann, 30, from Belfast, took her two-year-old son George to meet Kate and Prince William on their visit to the city's Windsor Park stadium.

Footage of the meeting shows the Duchess speaking to the toddler, and saying: 'Hello - what's your name? Hi George, what a cool name you've got, and you look very smart in your bow tie. It's very nice to meet you.'

Laura-Ann, a part-time estate agent, said after the event: 'So then she asked how old Bertie [her older son] is, and I said he is four and she said "oh he's the same age as Lottie" - she calls her Lottie!

The Queen, 92, has perhaps the most unlikely name; with Prince William calling her 'Gary' when he couldn't pronounce grandma as a youngster. The hard-to-believe nickname has apparently stuck.

Kate Middleton and Prince William call Princess Charlotte 'Lottie' | Daily Mail Online

Gary hahahaha!

Maybe we need to add Kevin to the list of possible boy names for baby Sussex?

I have a friend who I have known since age 8. I only met him at age 8 so I do not know how he was before. He wanted to be a girl. I thought he was a girl.

He is 16 now and very comfortable with the fact he wants to be a girl.

The body is very complex. Why cannot there be some different things that happen? Blue eues. Red hair. Boys that were born with a male organ but really are girls.

I have to say since I have my very good trans friend, I do not understand the fear and loathing.

I wish more people would be educated on intersex conditions (things like a baby with a vagina having an XY chromosome). There are cases of boys who've had circumcisions gone wrong, some very tragic stories for some of them. And then there are other people who just don't 'feel' the gender they have down below...my opinion is that if they're not murderers or horrible people then I want them to be happy and comfortable.

But I suspect if Meghan did say anything that she only meant that a girl child would have the option of toy cars, science and engineering toys, whatever sports she's interested in, and that a boy might learn some cooking and have a doll to play with and have the options of whatever he wants to try, regardless of stereotypes.

So funny, I taught preschool for many years. During free play children could play with whatever they wanted, girls, even severely disabled, blind girls wanted to play with dolls. I had one little autistic boy, he loved pounding away at a plastic tool set up, using his plastic hammer. We didn't make them play with those items, they chose their own toys.

I would ask the kids during circle time, "Are you a boy or a girl?" They would happily say what they were. Now I would probably get written up for discrimination.

When I was young and in a pre-school situation I'd play with the 'girls' things. But at home I'd play with a more eclectic mix of things, dolls, teddies, kitchen things, toy cars, racing car set, train set. If I was playing with a friend who was a girl we'd probably have a tea party with a toy tea set, and if I was playing with friends who were male we might play with cars or a game of cricket. I never considered gender, they were just toys and games. I can't imagine that Meghan would have meant any more than that *if* she made such a comment.

I really do get the feeling that a lot of tabloid-type media is out to write negative stories about her. As if they're trying to make her into someone people love to hate. The good princess vs the bad princess. I don't like it.

Meantime, the Daily Expresssuggested the Queen’s purple hand could indicate a medical issue such as “thinner skin” or bruising caused by a minor injury.
ab1e8b425f9491f29bab2e6ca32909fd

Queen sparks concern over ‘bruised’ hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members