The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess of Cambridge has revealed Princess Charlotte's nickname is 'Lottie', after letting the name slip to well-wishers during a visit to Northern Ireland.

Mummy blogger Laura-Ann, 30, from Belfast, took her two-year-old son George to meet Kate and Prince William on their visit to the city's Windsor Park stadium.

Footage of the meeting shows the Duchess speaking to the toddler, and saying: 'Hello - what's your name? Hi George, what a cool name you've got, and you look very smart in your bow tie. It's very nice to meet you.'

Laura-Ann, a part-time estate agent, said after the event: 'So then she asked how old Bertie [her older son] is, and I said he is four and she said "oh he's the same age as Lottie" - she calls her Lottie!

The Queen, 92, has perhaps the most unlikely name; with Prince William calling her 'Gary' when he couldn't pronounce grandma as a youngster. The hard-to-believe nickname has apparently stuck.

Kate Middleton and Prince William call Princess Charlotte 'Lottie' | Daily Mail Online

Gary hahahaha!

I do see the trend today to raise children without stereotyping. I see nothing wrong with that. If a little boy wants a kitchen set or Barbie then he will have one. If a little girl wants a GI Joe have at er. I have noticed Children's toys are leaning this way. For example Costco has a gender neutral (color) kitchen set. It now comes in a grey instead of the usual pink etc. appealing to little girls.

Last edited:
I do see the trend today to raise children without stereotyping. I see nothing wrong with that. If a little boy wants a kitchen set or Barbie then he will have one. If a little girl wants a GI Joe have at er. I have noticed Children's toys are leaning this way. For example Costco has a gender neutral (color) kitchen set. It now comes in a grey instead of the usual pink etc. appealing to little girls.
Yes. This could mean something as simple as that. “She said they plan to raise their child with a fluid approach to gender and they won’t be imposing any stereotypes.”

My son is 39. He has two older sisters.

I tried to raise him without stereotypes. He went to dancing lessons but refused to do the recital at age 4. I got him a doll that was a boy doll named Mikey.

He would ride in the car and pretend to be flying airplanes making loud noises. He was only intersted in toy cars and other “ boy” things.

So I feel you can offer options, but they are who they are

All she has to do is listen to Dr at birth, “ it’s a girl!” Or “it’s a boy!”

Or if she’s unconscious for what ever reason when she changes the diaper that should be a clue.

If the baby has a vagina its a girl.
If the baby has a penis its a boy.

Raise the child appropriate to its sex, the child will figure out how it wants to live its life.

My gosh I waited for my daughter to decide to get her ears pierced, putting holes in her body was/is her decision.

Or if she’s unconscious for what ever reason when she changes the diaper that should be a clue.

Raise the child appropriate to its sex, the child will figure out how it wants to live its life.

My gosh I waited for my daughter to decide to get her ears pierced, putting holes in her body was/is her decision.

I'm starting to wish that Harry had married a nice english gal after all.

Meghan Markle Raising Baby with Fluid Approach to Gender - Meghan Markle Won't Gender Stereotype Royal Baby

Update, 3/2/2019, 9:32 a.m.: While we were all getting excited about how feminist Meghan and Harry's royal bb was going to be, Kensington Palace decided to do something that they don't usually do—respond to a story.

According to Hello!, Kensington Palace released a statement today calling reports that Meghan and Harry are going to raise their child with a "fluid" approach to gender "totally false."

Is George taking ballet appropriate for a boy? Is cooking appropriate for a boy? Is taking a baby in a front pack appropriate for a father?

Can girls be pilots or firefighters or carpenters?

Is George taking ballet appropriate for a boy? Is cooking appropriate for a boy? Is taking a baby in a front pack appropriate for a father?

Can girls be pilots or firefighters or carpenters?
Right on, human.
My older son, back in the 60's, wanted a vacuum before he could really say the word properly. He loved anything mechanical and noisy. He got his v'room vacuum. I taught both sons to make cookies and devil dogs during
school vacations.
Today the older one is a Pilot and his brother is a Carpenter.
How much more 'masculine' could they be?

Yes. This could mean something as simple as that. “She said they plan to raise their child with a fluid approach to gender and they won’t be imposing any stereotypes.”

That's how I interpreted the comment, as well.

Will Meghan and Harry's children have royal titles? Are there options other than Prince or Princess?

The Duchess of Cambridge has revealed Princess Charlotte's nickname is 'Lottie', after letting the name slip to well-wishers during a visit to Northern Ireland.

Mummy blogger Laura-Ann, 30, from Belfast, took her two-year-old son George to meet Kate and Prince William on their visit to the city's Windsor Park stadium.

Footage of the meeting shows the Duchess speaking to the toddler, and saying: 'Hello - what's your name? Hi George, what a cool name you've got, and you look very smart in your bow tie. It's very nice to meet you.'

Laura-Ann, a part-time estate agent, said after the event: 'So then she asked how old Bertie [her older son] is, and I said he is four and she said "oh he's the same age as Lottie" - she calls her Lottie!

The Queen, 92, has perhaps the most unlikely name; with Prince William calling her 'Gary' when he couldn't pronounce grandma as a youngster. The hard-to-believe nickname has apparently stuck.

Kate Middleton and Prince William call Princess Charlotte 'Lottie' | Daily Mail Online

Gary hahahaha!

LoL Cag's my husband's name is Gary - going to start calling him Queenie for the craic

I'm a bit surprised if it's a boy, only because when they were in Australia someone in the crowd shouted something about it being it a girl and Harry replied "I hope so".

So... boys names... Alexander? Philip? Thomas?!

Late to the party ... going to put my money on Philip :)

There are a ton of names I like but I think I will go with Alexandria for a girl (Lexi) or Alexander for a boy (Alex). Any of the names I like really aren't fitting for a royal baby.

Yes, I think small portions is key. Europeans know this so much better than Americans. Imo...

The French rarely finish a dessert.

Small portions, and a glass of table wine!

I think of the quality. —Just the finest of everything, including food.

It is a rarity. To travel foodies, it’s a world treasure hunt. And part of the discovery is discovering the traditions that still exist, today.

What is English? Big breaky, lite lunch, afternoon tea, and delish supper. That’s it!

The three bite rule sounds so tragic when it’s something you absolutely love!

I recently read several articles about the Duchesses' diets and was pleased to learn that I had called it pretty close when I responded to a question about how Kate and Meghan stay so slim. Each has her own special dietary preferences, both eat healthfully, and neither deprives herself of foods she truly loves. Here are two articles that describe the typical daily nutrition regimen that Kate and Meghan follow.

Kate Middleton’s Diet Is Actually Kind of Surprising

See what 'foodie' Meghan Markle eats in a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members