The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently things are still frosty between the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex after the Duchess of Sussex said she didn’t want to appear on the cover of Vogue as it would appear “boastful”. The Duchess of Cambridge has appeared on the cover of Vogue and is said to have taken offence.

The Cambridges are also said to have taken offence to Harry’s wanting two children to save the environment comment in Vogue when they have three children. Apparently they did not all want to go to Balmoral at the same time and they have avoided each other.
Markle & Harry should just remember their place in the hierarchy and just shut up.

I think the plan to pair Markle w Sophie Wessex is just not going to happen. Markle isnt going to do well if she is invisible, back behind the hedges at Windsor

Markle & Harry should just remember their place in the hierarchy and just shut up.

I think the plan to pair Markle w Sophie Wessex is just not going to happen. Markle isnt going to do well if she is invisible, back behind the hedges at Windsor

I totally agree. They are beginning to make me really sick. They are not young adults and should act like mature adults.

I totally agree. They are beginning to make me really sick. They are not young adults and should act like mature adults.
Not so much that they perceive themselves as young

More like they perceive themselves as “special”.

The “spare heir” to the throne is always a difficult position to be in. Prince Andrew and his problems seem to be a prime example of such. And Harry has been cut a lot of slack having lost his mother at a young age. He seems “damaged” still from her death. Perhaps the best move was to get him into the military and actually out in the field. The transition from spare Prince to married man was due to happen soon and it’s admirable that he found a partner who aligned with his mother’s callings and causes.

This partner has chosen to put her own name out there for causes, but she is not as subtle as his mother. In my opinion, she is also asking for more attention for herself under the guise of charity, all a bit too fast.

Best to learn how to work best for the firm, not for yourself

I think I read somewhere that one of the chosen charities, or affiliated organizations, girl power or something went by, referenced the hash tag “smash the patriarchy”... ok, that’s too “woke” for me. My gen just wanted equal rights.

Just makes me wonder what the criteria is...

Yes, I might be miffed, too. Boastful was a very poor word choice to telegraph. When in reality the cover, the secret editing, the celebrity in-crowd, the charity in-crowd, the environmental wokeness, the blundering through counting children with insensitivity to the relatives is just not well thought out. What if she has twins?

And, who even knows if DM is just not making this up?

This stuff bothers me much more than chasing eco-warriors around on their private jets.

One note - this whole climate warrior thing started with a couple of our old climate warriors, former veep comes to mind, who lives a rather lavish lifestyle. Of the large footprint...

Prince Harry travels like royalty because of security. And the paparazzi. Can you imagine if TMZ set up shop at heathrow commercial flights? —Have the paparazzi steak out people like they do at LAX? Maybe they already do. But it would be a security nightmare.

Prince Harry travels like royalty because of security. And the paparazzi. Can you imagine if TMZ set up shop at heathrow commercial flights? —Have the paparazzi steak out people like they do at LAX? Maybe they already do. But it would be a security nightmare.

Prince Harry flew back commercial, economy class from the Invictus Games within the last year, I believe.

So he is certainly capable of doing it.

39D574DE-99B9-4A71-8059-3D511B48BAA0.png

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/air-traffic-network-map/

Take a look at this graph: Global air travel increased 8 fold in 4 decades – and it’s an accelerating trend. Yes we have a problem

The issue is exponential - air travel has increased eight fold in four decades, and is expected to double again in the next 20 years. That’s a lot of co2... I’ve sometimes wondered are they tearing apart the atmosphere up there? Look at any world travel map on any day and it’s all a plate of spaghetti...

While air travel is big footprint, going after a few people on their private jets is not even the issue when the commercial volume in the skies blankets the globe every day.

Hopefully, our eco warriors are looking at investments in the biofuel companies working to develop cleaner fuel. It will happen, but like so many things it’s a matter of timing and the ability to work with what they have, like augmenting existing airplanes? Or would they have to start from scratch?

View attachment 198455

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/air-traffic-network-map/

Take a look at this graph: Global air travel increased 8 fold in 4 decades – and it’s an accelerating trend. Yes we have a problem

The issue is exponential - air travel has increased eight fold in four decades, and is expected to double again in the next 20 years. That’s a lot of co2... I’ve sometimes wondered are they tearing apart the atmosphere up there? Look at any world travel map on any day and it’s all a plate of spaghetti...

While air travel is big footprint, going after a few people on their private jets is not even the issue when the commercial volume in the skies blankets the globe every day.

Hopefully, our eco warriors are looking at investments in the biofuel companies working to develop cleaner fuel. It will happen, but like so many things it’s a matter of timing and the ability to work with what they have, like augmenting existing airplanes? Or would they have to start from scratch?

I just don’t want Elon Musk in there trying to sell us self-flying electric planes

Yet in their engagement interview Megan claimed to not know anything about the royal family. Yet, her old blog the "Tig" showed several pictures of her in London several times.and what was that building she was pictured in front of when she was a teen ? Oh that's right- Buckingham Palace. IMO Meghan created a fictional version of her life before Harry the moment she set her eyes on Harry.

Last edited:

The ongoing spat between brothers and/or sisters-in-law should end pronto for the sake of the children. Master Archie is already destined to be alienated from his maternal family since Meghan has chosen not to have a relationship with her father and/or step-siblings. His "royal" relatives might be the only family that Archie will ever know, and he should definitely have contact with his "royal" cousins who are closest in age for social interaction. I sincerely hope that Meghan and Harry are not going to completely isolate their son (or future offspring) from family members with whom they can't find common ground.

The ongoing spat between brothers and/or sisters-in-law should end pronto for the sake of the children. Master Archie is already destined to be alienated from his maternal family since Meghan has chosen not to have a relationship with her father and/or step-siblings. His "royal" relatives might be the only family that Archie will ever know, and he should definitely have contact with his "royal" cousins who are closest in age for social interaction. I sincerely hope that Meghan and Harry are not going to completely isolate their son (or future offspring) from family members with whom they can't find common ground.
Oh, what a good insight this is.

Yes, they really need to think through what they are doing to their child. She can’t really disappear her family and maybe should find some way to make peace with them.

Maybe emotional charity begins at home, too.

Prince Harry flew back commercial, economy class from the Invictus Games within the last year, I believe.

So he is certainly capable of doing it.

The Cambridge’s fly British Airways to go to the Caribbean and Australia in the first class cabin so I don’t see why the Sussex’s can’t fly on commercial planes. The Duke of Cambridge has even flown on budget airline easyJet with a protection officer. Maybe it is more cost effective to fly private jet than buy all the first class seats in a cabin. I don’t expect them to fly Ryanair. It doesn’t look very good though flying private all the time it seems very extravagant but I’m not royal.

As outlined above, that is about the same calories as for a Big Mac or a Whopper.
However, that Real Full English Breakfast does not include;

Baked beans
Black pudding
Tomato with cheese

I think we are looking at something like 1200 calories here.

I normally only have tea for breakfast. And I can't eat that heavy stuff or it makes me feel very ill. If I do eat breakfast, this is what is my favorite. Berries, yogurt, granola.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190815-115252_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190815-115252_Chrome.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 8
The Cambridge’s fly British Airways to go to the Caribbean and Australia in the first class cabin so I don’t see why the Sussex’s can’t fly on commercial planes. The Duke of Cambridge has even flown on budget airline easyJet with a protection officer. Maybe it is more cost effective to fly private jet than buy all the first class seats in a cabin. I don’t expect them to fly Ryanair. It doesn’t look very good though flying private all the time it seems very extravagant but I’m not royal.
Even worse:

The disgraged Yorks flew private plane to vacation at their favorite vacation spot, a $34 million villa in Spain.

Evidently they had to recover from dealing with the displeasure of the Queen and Prince Philip over the Epstein incident.

Andrew and Sarah are just very poor representatives of TRF and should have shown much more humility and discretion.

You don’t hear about Princess Anne or thr Wessex’s taking expensive private planes and staying at multi-millionaire hidwaways at the public’s largesse.

The Queen might want to start paying attention to this

Ooh

Daily Mail is heavy on the snark about the Sussex’s private plane trip to Ibiza.

Meghan and Harry's private jet holiday to Ibiza might have cost taxpayers over £50,000 | Daily Mail Online

Nice to point out the Cambridge's flew commercial to Mustique for their family holiday..

And one of the women Markle “honored” with her Vogue cover & articles was 15 year old climate change activist Greta Thurnberg who most likey would not have endorsed theie use of the private planes.

So maybe Markle and Harry need to put up ot shut up

As Piers said: Saving the Planet, one private jet at time

Last edited:
Even worse:

The disgraged Yorks flew private plane to vacation at their favorite vacation spot, a $34 million villa in Spain.

Evidently they had to recover from dealing with the displeasure of the Queen and Prince Philip over the Epstein incident.

Andrew and Sarah are just very poor representatives of TRF and should have shown much more humility and discretion.

You don’t hear about Princess Anne or thr Wessex’s taking expensive private planes and staying at multi-millionaire hidwaways at the public’s largesse.

The Queen might want to start paying attention to this

The Duchess of York does a lot of charity work for sick and disadvantaged children. She also helped the grieving parents of the couple who lost their daughter on a plane due to a severe food allergy a while back so I think she is a kind person. My Mum has met her and thought she was lovely, kind and personable. The Duchess has made some serious errors of judgment in the past which I’m sure she really regrets.

However I have nothing complimentary to say about the Duke of York and I think he is an embarrassment and I believe he does a disservice to the royal family.

Sarah may be nice, but she's not above trying to become Andrew's wife again to guarantee a very comfortable old age. She might be realizing that Charles may not be as forgiving to Andrew and that if she wants the legality of marriage, she'd better act fast.

She's made it very clear that her ethics are not above selling Andrew's name and royal family access to complete strangers, unbeknownst to the Queen.

I can't ever give her a pass for that.

No wonder Prince Philip refuses to be in a room with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member