The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don’t understand why Beatrice would wear such a stupid “fascinator”.

It seems so disrespectful to William and Kate to try to attract the attention of photographers at their wedding.

More money than sense. Why would anyone leave the house with such a spectacle on her head?

Honestly, the more pretentious the royal family behaves and comes across to people, the more I think that after the current queen retires, and her peers die off, the royal family may very well be considered archaic. Less folks in UK have any real emotional connection to the royals. They would do very well to keep that in mind.

Meet the man who wants to bring down the British monarchy

80F0A5D6-2F30-4FC8-B22F-01D65FA98464.jpeg

The Queen's quick-witted sense of humour once saved her from a potentially awkward situation with an important guest, a royal author revealed.

According to Adam Helliker, Her Majesty, 93, was hosting Charles de Gaulle – the former French president - and his wife Madame Yvonne De Gaulle at Buckingham Palace back in April 1960 when the cheeky quip was made.

'A guest asked Madame de Gaulle what she was most looking forward to in her retirement, which was imminent,' he said, speaking to Fabulous Digital.

'With great elaboration (as she didn't speak much English) she replied: 'A penis.'

An awkward silence ensued for some time, until the Queen herself came to the rescue, and she said with a broad grin: "Ah, happiness."'

Revealed! The Queen's cheeky sense of humour | Daily Mail Online

Diana Musical, About Late Princess Diana, Will Play Broadway

The Joe DiPietro-David Bryan musical ended its extended world-premiere run at La Jolla Playhouse in April.

Performances will begin at the Longacre Theatre March 2, 2020, with opening night set for March 31.

Diana, which takes a look at the life of the People’s Princess during her marriage to Prince Charles and their eventual separation, hails from the Tony Award-winning Memphis creative team: librettist-lyricist DiPietro, composer-lyricist Bryan, and La Jolla Playhouse Artistic Director and 2017 Tony winner Christopher Ashley, who directs, along with Tony-nominated choreographer Kelly Devine and music supervisor Ian Eisendrath.

Diana Musical, About Late Princess Diana, Will Play Broadway | Playbill

I’m sorry, but I’m cringing at the thought of an American musical like this.​

View attachment 198266

The Queen's quick-witted sense of humour once saved her from a potentially awkward situation with an important guest, a royal author revealed.

According to Adam Helliker, Her Majesty, 93, was hosting Charles de Gaulle – the former French president - and his wife Madame Yvonne De Gaulle at Buckingham Palace back in April 1960 when the cheeky quip was made.

'A guest asked Madame de Gaulle what she was most looking forward to in her retirement, which was imminent,' he said, speaking to Fabulous Digital.

'With great elaboration (as she didn't speak much English) she replied: 'A penis.'

An awkward silence ensued for some time, until the Queen herself came to the rescue, and she said with a broad grin: "Ah, happiness."'

Revealed! The Queen's cheeky sense of humour | Daily Mail Online

LOL! The Queen is said to be a great mimic, I wonder how many times she's relayed that story in her best French accent!!

Hope you're ok, you've been missed! House-sitting in the wilderness, is that right?
My Brothers beach house while he did cross Canada train trip then on to San Diego. Lots of break-in's due to water levels. He is across the road so no water worry. No Internet. Got home and off we went on our 2 week vaycay. Also I was working with a Behavioural Team out of town. Exhausting.

Wow, the optics are really bad on this one

This was 3 days after PH visited the Google Ultra-Rich-People's Ecofest by private plane and pontificated about how selfie-taking tourists were ruining the planet.

Yet 3 days later the Sussex's are on a private plane (with their security staff, of course) for a private holiday for her birthday.

The Duke and Duchesss of Wokeness is really an apt title. Their crest can have the motto "Do as I Say, Not as I Do"

So what happened to the cake baked for her by the Luminous Bakery?

This explains why they weren't in Balmoral visiting the Queen in Scotland....

Bakery Fakery.

Perhaps Harry and Meghan chose to avoid the fireworks at Balmoral in the wake of the Epstein episode.

Apparently things are still frosty between the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex after the Duchess of Sussex said she didn’t want to appear on the cover of Vogue as it would appear “boastful”. The Duchess of Cambridge has appeared on the cover of Vogue and is said to have taken offence.

The Cambridges are also said to have taken offence to Harry’s wanting two children to save the environment comment in Vogue when they have three children. Apparently they did not all want to go to Balmoral at the same time and they have avoided each other.

I wonde if Markle was hoping to go to the Google Ecofest in Palermo with PH and hob-nob with the ultra-rich, and this was her consolation prize.

It’s not a very long flight by private plane from Palermo to Ibiza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member