The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And...he even walked out there barefoot while exiting the yacht.
She's got a regal face and good hair. I think she needs a bigger tiara with more colorful stones than those puny ones she has. The one on the bottom right of the composite looks like a necklace, not at all like a real tiara

Last edited:
Fergie 'cuts short Balmoral trip after Prince Philip turns up early for holiday'

Fergie 'cuts short Balmoral trip after Prince Philip turns up early for holiday'

The Duke of Edinburgh hasn’t got any time for the Duchess of York after the embarrassment she caused the royals. It was hoped after Eugenie’s wedding things might have improved but obviously not.

Ferguson has an astonishing history of financial malfeasance, and having extremely poor judgement about who she went to for money.

This, itself, should be of concern to the royal family and Prince Philip is certainly not going to forget this.

She's got a regal face and good hair. I think she needs a bigger tiara with more colorful stones than those puny ones she has. The one on the bottom right of the composite looks like a necklace, not at all like a real tiara

I also think high carat gold isn't a great choice on her with her coloring. She would have been better with platinum and a lot of good sparkly diamonds. (IMHO)

But I have exactly 0 tiaras and just making a guess of it all.

Markle's Birthday Cake

Meghan Markle's birthday cake revealed | Daily Mail Online

I don't understand carrot sponge cake. Carrot cake should be dense ( IMHO). Dense with carrots, raisins, pineapple chunks, walnuts. As much as I love a sponge cake ( and lord knows I do), carrot sponge sounds weird.

And there is no way anyone is putting rosemary sprigs on top to decorate my cake. Ugh. Might as well put pine needles on it. There's a horrible risk (IMHO) of catching one of the needles as you cut it and having to bit into the sharp bit. And what is the brown stuff on it between the citrus and rosemary? The decoration isn't really pretty. They need to get Mary Berry in there for a lesson

As a massive devotee' of the British Baking Show, this would be a fail. Sorry ladies, re-d0 the concept.

Last edited:
Back to tiaras:

Queen Margrethe's tiara would have been better if she had used smaller gold flowers and a lot more of them. It could have been quite dazzling with many flowers about 1/2 to 1/3 the size they are. A halo of pretty gold flowers over her.

And smaller flowers on her earrings, too. I think they flowers in the crown & earrings are just too large to carry off, especially with the delicate gold embroidery on the dress.

And yes, I have no Tiaras. (I have no Tiaras today)

And back to Tiaras

I think a variation of the hat Camilla had for her wedding done in gold would be a fantastic Tiara. Smaller in scale , and with wheat sheafs on one side, but in gold would be gorgeous

https://i.pinimg.com/474x/81/be/8e/81be8e8d63443bbd29c2ca3148beeb3e.jpg

(That's not really the best photo of it but it does give the effect)

Hmm, I wonder if there is a training program for Tiara Designers

3674732e0d905e3d3e7c0fcfe6727871.jpg

A lady, a Lady, and a Queen have only one head. That means wearing only one single lone tiara at a time.

She could share, don't you think?

JMHO YMMV

I still don’t understand why Beatrice would wear such a stupid “fascinator”.

It seems so disrespectful to William and Kate to try to attract the attention of photographers at their wedding.
Actually... now that I think of it...

Sarah Ferguson was NOT invited to that wedding.

So did Ferguson have a hand in guiding her daughter to
wear something outrageous, or did Beatrice come up with this herself?

Actually... now that I think of it...

Sarah Ferguson was NOT invited to that wedding.

So did Ferguson have a hand in guiding her daughter to
wear something outrageous, or did Beatrice come up with this herself?

IIRC the best guess gossip was it was revenge for not inviting her mother so maybe there was something to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14