The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, better off discussing that on the other thread.
And on another note... I wish there was a "delete" option. But there isn't so, I'll leave you with this instead.
BLOG-03e-Full-Scottish-Breakfast.jpg

Let’s work our way round, starting at twelve o’clock:

• Half a tomato, broiled with cheese on top
  • A rasher of bacon, which in the UK is more like thinly sliced ham
  • Potato, or tattie, scone (rhymes with gone)
  • Link sausage, or banger
  • Sautéed mushrooms
  • Baked beans (yes, for breakfast)
  • One egg, fixed any way you like
  • Black pudding (which is anything but a dark chocolate dessert)
Source: myscottishheart

p.s. Do you think the Queen Mother ever had this for breakfast :)

Sherwood Park - I agree completely about "the other thread" and moving all such discussions over there. It's just an ugly thing.

But now for Breakfast !!!

What do you think the calorie / fat count is for that?

I've had breakfasts like that, but thankfully not very often. That's more like a Scottish breakfast and a Scottish dinner in my Scots family.

On Sundays, add a stinky smoked kipper.

Last edited:

What a wonderful article ! Thank you.

So interesting. "She loved entertaining Sir Elton John" is just a great visual.

She was really a production of her era. She was not ever going to be Queen, just the wife of the Prince. But then Edward abdicated and the entire BRF was thrown into a different gear.

She was also Queen during WW2, where the BRF played a huge part in supporting and enduring. The Royal Family was advised to evacuate to Canada as the bombing started, but her husband George VI insisted they stay, and he promoted Churchill to be PM and made his hugely important speech to the British public. They stayed during the Battle of Britain. In many ways, I find George VI to be more interesting than his bride, but she was a stalwart for propriety and a resolute woman.
My Scottish parents were very much affected by the fear and privations of WW2, and have nothing but wonderful things to say about the Queen Mother and for George VI.

As well the 114 jets lined up at Palermo airport, The Mail on Sunday has established that a further 220 landed at Trapani airport in North-West Sicily.

Many of the guests were then whisked to the Verdura resort by helicopter.

The airport's director Michele Bufo said: 'The helicopters waited on the runway and were no more than 30 feet from the jets so that guests could travel in the maximum comfort and security.'

This is such an error for Prince Harry. He is going to have to do something more valid than showing up for a luxury-fest like this.

Our earth is in distress, most clearly. What he did was superficial and not worth putting his exalted office into.

With all their responsible preachifying, I haven't seen much real progress from the Sussex's.

I would hope some scientist could catch Harry's ear and he could be educated, rather than be the shiny wrapping paper on a trite gift.

Note there has been no response at all from Google or any of the ultra-rich about their show.

This is such an error for Prince Harry. He is going to have to do something more valid than showing up for a luxury-fest like this.

Our earth is in distress, most clearly. What he did was superficial and not worth putting his exalted office into.

With all their responsible preachifying, I haven't seen much real progress from the Sussex's.

I would hope some scientist could catch Harry's ear and he could be educated, rather than be the shiny wrapping paper on a trite gift.

Note there has been no response at all from Google or any of the ultra-rich about their show.

It is reminiscent of "OXFAM" benefits, to raise money for feeding refugees. People show up at these events, wearing dresses that cost $5,000 and up, not counting jewelry. Sure, they pay a "token" amount for the charity benefit, and usually eat a luxury meal, with dancing and often a raffle for items.

They don't even understand how tone deaf the entire event is...

D64CE8B5-A782-489F-87EC-AA7087AE7320.jpeg

What a wonderful article ! Thank you.

So interesting. "She loved entertaining Sir Elton John" is just a great visual.

She was really a production of her era. She was not ever going to be Queen, just the wife of the Prince. But then Edward abdicated and the entire BRF was thrown into a different gear.

She was also Queen during WW2, where the BRF played a huge part in supporting and enduring. The Royal Family was advised to evacuate to Canada as the bombing started, but her husband George VI insisted they stay, and he promoted Churchill to be PM and made his hugely important speech to the British public. They stayed during the Battle of Britain. In many ways, I find George VI to be more interesting than his bride, but she was a stalwart for propriety and a resolute woman.
My Scottish parents were very much affected by the fear and privations of WW2, and have nothing but wonderful things to say about the Queen Mother and for George VI.

No problem. The Queen Mother was a one off and must have been the life and soul of a party.

I really admire the Queen Mother and King George VI going out and seeing the damage caused by bombs during WW2 as shown in the photo above. They could quite easily have gone to a castle up in Scotland where they would have been safer from the bombing but they stayed in London.

Many people don’t realise how lucky we are being alive today than witnessing the horrors of WW2 first hand. It must have been such a frightening and horrendous time but I’m sure people supported each other which must have been a comfort.

HRH Harry needs to discuss this with someone who knows about environmentally sensitive planning. That could be his father HRH Charles!

Sustainability | Prince of Wales

HRH Charles has designed walk-friendly townsites & promotes local foods. Perhaps HRH Harry could join those efforts....

JMHO YMMV LRR

HRH Harry needs to discuss this with someone who knows about environmentally sensitive planning. That could be his father HRH Charles!

Sustainability | Prince of Wales

HRH Charles has designed walk-friendly townsites & promotes local foods. Perhaps HRH Harry could join those efforts....

JMHO YMMV LRR

A Google Camp on yachts in Italy seems flashy. —So, BRF sent next gen, Prince Harry? I didn’t hear the speech but hopefully Harry brought some of his father’s wisdom and knowledge with him.

I’ll try and reserve my skepticism about all the flash until I hear the results of the climate camp?

Prince Charles has been at the forefront of climate and sustainability for a long time. It’s one of the things I really like about him. He’s a true naturalist. There are local solutions in everyone’s back yard.

And his warnings are well known, too.

He’s been outspoken for a long time.

Prince Charles' Ladybird book is a climate communications masterpiece

Prince Charles has been at the forefront of climate and sustainability for a long time. It’s one of the things I really like about him. He’s a true naturalist. There are local solutions in everyone’s back yard.

And his warnings are well known, too.

He’s been outspoken for a long time.

Prince Charles' Ladybird book is a climate communications masterpiece

I was just thinking about this earlier. Charles' popularity has taken a severe bashing at times, mainly for his personal life. But I think he will be remembered as the eco-King who really tried hard to change things. For decades he has talked about sustainability and the environment and I hope when his time comes the younger generation will appreciate his passion and life works, more so than those who dwell on his marriage and divorce.

Sherwood Park - I agree completely about "the other thread" and moving all such discussions over there. It's just an ugly thing.

But now for Breakfast !!!

What do you think the calorie / fat count is for that?

I've had breakfasts like that, but thankfully not very often. That's more like a Scottish breakfast and a Scottish dinner in my Scots family.

On Sundays, add a stinky smoked kipper.

I have never had one but would love to eat one.

Calories in The Real Full English Breakfast (British Style)

Calories in The Real Full English Breakfast (British Style) - Calorie, Fat, Carb, Fiber, and Protein Info

Last edited:
She is getting skewered for it on SM

Interesting that Beatrice is also there but not her mother.

It sounds like the only wedding in the offing is possibly Beatrice's, but it seems to be a way off, at this rate. I can't imagine the Queen allowing Andrew to remarry Sarah with the both of them continuously in the news about JE.

I hate to think that the JE stuff with her parents is going to cast a pall on her relationship with her boyfriend.

Interesting that Beatrice is also there but not her mother.

It sounds like the only wedding in the offing is possibly Beatrice's, but it seems to be a way off, at this rate. I can't imagine the Queen allowing Andrew to remarry Sarah with the both of them continuously in the news about JE.

I hate to think that the JE stuff with her parents is going to cast a pall on her relationship with her boyfriend.

I just hope it doesn't taint the Queen's legacy. There are calls for her to step down over this.

I just hope it doesn't taint the Queen's legacy. There are calls for her to step down over this.
Warning: Political comment ahead

More than ever the UK really NEEDS the Queen right now

The political situation is an utter disaster and the UK is veering into an out-of-control Brexit where they have lost all leverage. It is a poor, poor show for the politicians and they are scrambling hard to get to the top of the hill to blame each other. Meanwhile, business and working people are trying to predict the future and not end up in a business vaccuum. The Queen is reported to have been expressing her great displeasure at the events. In the case of an election where Boris loses and refuses to leave office, she will have to remove him.

The Prince Andrew stuff can work its way through the courts. No need to do anything rash. Although I would have sent Andrew and Sarah into some sort of internal exile in a dull quiet place in the wilds where they have no internet or paparazzi access until at least the beginning of next year. Parading Andrew out as if all was normal isn't a help, right now.

This is not the time to turn it all over to Prince Charles.

Re: Full English breakfast. When DH and I traveled throughout Great Britain (rental car) for two weeks, we were part of a AAA tour program called Mansions & Manors. We stayed in private homes that we arranged a couple of days in advance of each destination. Some places, we stayed only one night while at others, we stayed up to three nights (Edinburgh and London). Some of the homes were truly grand historic venues, while other residences were charming, rustic cottages, as well as a farmhouse in the Lake District. Our accommodations were prepaid and included Full English Breakfast and afternoon tea.

Depending on our hosts' preferences and/or culinary expertise, the breakfasts varied slightly from one venue to another, but all included eggs cooked to order, some type of breakfast meat (bacon, ham, homemade sausage), mushrooms and/or tomatoes, breakfast potatoes (varied preparation), and some type of bread/pastries (toast, muffins, scones, bagels, croissants). Hosts offered French pressed coffee with warm milk, tea, and some poured fresh squeezed orange juice. Breakfast was served on our schedule (usually 8:00AM) after which we set out on our day's journey.

Upon our return (late afternoon), we were offered tea with appropriate accompaniments: little sandwiches, scones, shortbread, petit fours, etc. Hosts recommended local pubs or bistros for dinner and made reservations for us. We sensed that our M&M hosts knew local restauranteurs who treated us like royalty when we arrived :) During our stay in Edinburgh, there were several other guests staying in the gorgeous Georgian mansion. Our hosts were known for their lavish dinners and invited us to join other guests on our second night at their home. They served an elegant multi-course dinner complete with champagne with hors d' oeuvres, different wines with each course, sherry or port with dessert. Among our most memorable travel experiences ever!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member