The Canvas Laundry Bags

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hmm...I still think she placed the body in the laundry bag, in the trunk, not realizing how fast and bad decomp would be, and that the decomp fluids could leak thru the laundry bag...(I've had vinyl lined bags, like for the beach, etc, that will leak eventually when wet stuff inside, or that have had an unnoticed pinhole). I think that what caused the stain in the trunk. As smell worsened, KC double bagged the laundry bag to prevent more leaks and dumped ASAP around the corner. JMO

I do not know wheter to believe GA or not. I totally would accept he did see laundry or he didn't. If he did then the body almost certainly dumped soon after that incident (24th)

If he did not see into the trunk at all then body could still have been there, he just didn't see it, or it had already been dumped on 20th.

If he did see the laundry bag in the trunk then I would assume that Caylee was still in the trunk on the 24th. I don't believe that GA is lying about seeing something other than the gas cans in the trunk. If he saw the laundry bag I'm quite sure it is the same laundry bag found at the crime scene.

Hmm...I still think she placed the body in the laundry bag, in the trunk, not realizing how fast and bad decomp would be, and that the decomp fluids could leak thru the laundry bag...(I've had vinyl lined bags, like for the beach, etc, that will leak eventually when wet stuff inside, or that have had an unnoticed pinhole). I think that what caused the stain in the trunk. As smell worsened, KC double bagged the laundry bag to prevent more leaks and dumped ASAP around the corner. JMO

Hmmm...the forensic's report states that the remains were inside the black plastic bag which was put in another plastic garbage bag and then finally the canvas laundry bag.

I would theorize that the decomp in the trunk was from Caylee being in the trunk but not in any bag, maybe just laying on a blanket. She then backs the car into the garage, puts her in the plastic bags and the laundry bag and puts her back in the trunk. She may have even driven around with her in there a couple of days but because she was essentially triple bagged at this point there was not decomp leakage. Then at some point she dumped her in the swamp. She probably used the laundry bag so that if she had to take her out of the trunk, people would just think it was dirty laundry not a body.

JMHO.

You're right! Would it have leaked, though, if it had a plastic liner?? Have we ever seen the forensics reports on the findings, if any, of decomp/bodily fluids on the trunk liner/carpet?

I believe it would have leaked. I have a laundry bag just like the one in question. The canvas is laminated with vinyl. If wet stuff is left in it for too long, the moisture seeps through the stitching at the bottom of the bag.

I think she used this bag because it would be more inconspicuous to be seen carrying around a laundry bag than a black plastic garbage bag.

Can't say for sure, but the first thought that comes to mind is to keep it clean and dry in the Florida humidity. What they refer to as "air" down there most people would call bathwater.

OKay, I don't know if someone already brought this up, but I'm reading the entire thread & only got this far. I need to point out a thought before it drives me crazy:

From the second I saw the photo of the laundry bag inside of a garbage bag, at the A home, my very first thought was "why was someone trying to hide that laundry bag??"

Think about it. If CA, or someone else, knew that the bag could be connnected to the one at the discovery site, wouldn't they try to conceal it from LE? Too risky putting it in the trash, what with all the crazies out there going through their garbage.

Think about it . . .

edit: forgot to mention, yes 42, it's pretty much bathwater down here! Especially at that time of year.

100% agree with you here!! I would be alot this is she did!

I'm with you on this. I'm thinking that after Caylee was dead, she wrapped her in the Pooh blanket and stashed her in the trunk. After about 2.6 days, the body started to decompose badly and left the stain. She returned to the house and brought her into the back yard to bury her with the borrowed shovel. She tried to dig a grave but it turned out to be too difficult. She double bagged the body. Perhaps the "package" was hard to lift and she grabbed the laundry bag and used the handles to lift the body back into the car. After George saw the "laundry" in the car, she then went around the corner and dumped it all.

Plastic bags would tear if she dragged them into the woods. The laundry bag or hamper would proveide her with handles and enough stability to do the deed.

I mostly agree, but she had to have been somewhat successful in the back yard though. The dogs did pick up on decomp back there. Maybe she started in the backyard and then moved to the trunk and then to the laundry bag and the final spot?

Hmmm...the forensic's report states that the remains were inside the black plastic bag which was put in another plastic garbage bag and then finally the canvas laundry bag.

I would theorize that the decomp in the trunk was from Caylee being in the trunk but not in any bag, maybe just laying on a blanket. She then backs the car into the garage, puts her in the plastic bags and the laundry bag and puts her back in the trunk. She may have even driven around with her in there a couple of days but because she was essentially triple bagged at this point there was not decomp leakage. Then at some point she dumped her in the swamp. She probably used the laundry bag so that if she had to take her out of the trunk, people would just think it was dirty laundry not a body.

JMHO.

I stand humbly corrected......duh, get the facts straight Meemom! Thanks for posting the report in the mythbusters thread.

How about she put the body in one garbage bag, took body back to house at an opportune time, to bury her, either ripped bag in trunk or bag had leaked in trunk, wrapped another bag around it, took body to backyard to bury, therefore leaving decomp for dogs to hit on, couldn't dig hole fast or deep enough, or just too lazy to try very hard. Got the laundry bag to make it easier to carry body back to car and disguise it as laundry, in case anyone saw it in trunk, drove off and then dumped body....

Between the 16th and 20th, Casey backed the car into the Anthony garage three times. Three times. Why? Think about it. It's probably the only place she can open that trunk in privacy and check on the body.

I think on one of those trips, she got the body out of the back yard where she may have left it overnight. In the playhouse? Under it? Wrapped in the Pooh blanket? Whatever, I think she got the body from the back yard, took it into the garage and put it in the trunk.

Another day, another trip to the garage, backed in. Checked on the body bundled in the blanket... it's leaking. She puts it into some trash bags.

Another day, there's a smell in the car. Another trip to the garage, backed in. Shoved trash bags into canvas bag.

But the bag is possibly still in the car on the 24th when GA sees "laundry" or "clothes" in the trunk.

All those trips back to the house. And the shovel?

Between the 16th and 20th, Casey backed the car into the Anthony garage three times. Three times. Why? Think about it. It's probably the only place she can open that trunk in privacy and check on the body.

I think on one of those trips, she got the body out of the back yard where she may have left it overnight. In the playhouse? Under it? Wrapped in the Pooh blanket? Whatever, I think she got the body from the back yard, took it into the garage and put it in the trunk.

Another day, another trip to the garage, backed in. Checked on the body bundled in the blanket... it's leaking. She puts it into some trash bags.

Another day, there's a smell in the car. Another trip to the garage, backed in. Shoved trash bags into canvas bag.

But the bag is possibly still in the car on the 24th when GA sees "laundry" or "clothes" in the trunk.

All those trips back to the house. And the shovel?

I've thought this all along. She was backing into the garage to maintain what was going on in the trunk. Makes you wonder what the heck her plan was, if she even had one. Did she think she could drive around with a body in the car forever? If this was a premeditated act, I don't think she premeditated one millisecond beyond killing Caylee. She must have been so freaked out by the smell and the mess, pitching Caylee in the woods seems like an impulsive act of panic to me.

I've thought this all along. She was backing into the garage to maintain what was going on in the trunk. Makes you wonder what the heck her plan was, if she even had one. Did she think she could drive around with a body in the car forever? If this was a premeditated act, I don't think she premeditated one millisecond beyond killing Caylee. She must have been so freaked out by the smell and the mess, pitching Caylee in the woods seems like an impulsive act of panic to me.

I totally agree with you and others that are thinking this scenario. It does make perfect sense. It also makes me sad to think about what Caylee went through. The one person that she should have been able to trust to take care of her and make sure that no harm came to her.

I don't know how JB could even think of respresenting her. I know that she is innocent until proven quilty and she deserves respresentation. Personally, I think she needs to plead this out and stop all this madness. IMO

I thought KC watched crime shows. She should have known what happens to a body after death. Did she think that that would be different with Caylee? When did she text Amy (?) to say that she finally scraped that dead squirrel off of her car? What a piece of work. To see her sit in Court and smile . . . it's maddening to say the least. I do think she's sick, very sick. There was a shrink on the NG show a few nights named Brenda something and she has really been stressing what we need to take away from this horrible crime . . . like when to recognize that someone needs help. She really seems to think that KC was mentally ill. I have to say that KC is very different from other people that I have seen on tv who murdered people and matter-of-factly tell their story about the horrible things they had done, as if they were telling a story of daily life . . . nothing out of the ordinary . . . just another day . . . another murder . . . oh well . . . what's done is done . . . i'm serving my sentence. Although when I was on vacation a year or two ago, there was a case of a woman who poisoned her husband and they had adopted a baby and she actually sat the baby on the husband's body in the coffin. Does anyone know that case? That's just downright sick.

At least one message we need to take away from Caylee's murder is to really pay attention when people aren't acting right because you just never know what may come if that person is not helped or put away. Even CA could be a danger to society - she will lie about anything and that is sick. It is not normal to lie all the time. It's definitely a strike against one's character. I know, I'm off topic. Just ranting. I'm done for the moment.

That can't be the laundry bag? It looks so small. Am I wrong? I looked at pics 18 and 19 I think.

ETA: Oh, I guess it is the laundry bag. Sad, sad, sad.

Unfortunately, yep, that IS the laundry bag. It was the round type and you can see at least one of the garbage bags with it and it will haunt me forever and also, I would bet that Whitney will experience a severe drop in sales of THAT particular bag. Poor Caylee.

I agree, except for one point. Partially buried remains? Let me think about that one. I have always wondered why the remains would have been so scattered if Caylee was in the laundry hamper thing.
I do think a few of the stones found nearby may have been used to stack on top of the bags but maybe not enough stones were used and either animals, wind and/or water (or all 3)may have partially buried everything.

JMO

These two photos were taken by OCSO of a laundry bag found in the Anthony home. It's rectangular.

attachment.php

What is thought to be the laundry body bag appears to be round.
Based on the partial view of the rim in the photo, it looks like the round one!

Based on the partial view of the rim in the photo, it looks like the round one!
To clarify.
I think hotdogs realises that the picture of the hamper taken during the search of the Ant home show a hamper of the same BRAND as the one the remains were in, but definately a different model and shape.

The actual hamper that the remains were foud in is ROUND. LE have the model number and pictures of that ROUND model have been posted.

:slap::slap:
To clarify.
I think hotdogs realises that the picture of the hamper taken during the search of the Ant home show a hamper of the same BRAND as the one the remains were in, but definately a different model and shape.

The actual hamper that the remains were foud in is ROUND. LE have the model number and pictures of that ROUND model have been posted.
Big Ooops on my part! I meant to use Crime Scene photo of round bag!

You were way too nice in correcting me, HP:slap:

I promise I'll be more careful.

:slap::slap:
Big Ooops on my part! I meant to use Crime Scene photo of round bag!

You were way too nice in correcting me, HP:slap:

I promise I'll be more careful.
I like to be nice and lull people.
then you can really scare 'em!

I was not sure what your post was saying. We did have some discussion early on, because a natural first impression from the docs was that the remains were in the shape of bag LE showed a picture of!
It may have fooled NG, but it did not fool battle-hardened WSers!

I like to be nice and lull people.
then you can really scare 'em!

I was not sure what your post was saying. We did have some discussion early on, because a natural first impression from the docs was that the remains were in the shape of bag LE showed a picture of!
It may have fooled NG, but it did not fool battle-hardened WSers!
I agree-I feel humbled amongst the analytical intelligence on display! (okay, sounds lame but it's well-intentioned).

Makes me think LE gets many tips from WS.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234
Back