The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 11th -12th June - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Week 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone refresh my memory from a discussion many months ago about why Gerard didn't participate in the search? Today we heard that he texted Wendy Mollah to say he had been told to "leave it to the professionals", but didn't Det Atkinson contradict this at some point?

The house on Brookfield Road is now painted a soft yellow. I think it's lovely. I think of Allison every time I drive by. Still imagining a phone showing up one day amid all the construction at the childcare ctr…

Hoping the children in fact did not hear the goings on that night.If they had, surely they couldn't contain the information under the pressure of an interview.

imo

Hi all, thanks for the updates. The girls' interviews were very sad.

Just my two cents on the 'shaving cuts' - I managed to actually cut myself along the front of my shin while shaving my legs the other day. It looks absolutely nothing like GBC's - it's a very evenly shaped cut and rather straight. Incidentally, when I was a kid I had a fight with my brother which resulted in two scratches down the side of face. Looked pretty much exactly the same as the ones pictured.

Hello Smegal, :wagon:

Can someone refresh my memory from a discussion many months ago about why Gerard didn't participate in the search? Today we heard that he texted Wendy Mollah to say he had been told to "leave it to the professionals", but didn't Det Atkinson contradict this at some point?

When it was mentioned by a reporter to Inspector Ainsworth that GBC had been told to stay out of the search, Inspector said "that's news to me".

So if this was the case, it indicates that the Baden-Clays and OW all knew that morning what had really happened to Allison.

Meanwhile, not one of GBCs family joined the search team after the initial report of Allison going missing. They showed no sense of urgency or worry and continued to work, check the mail box and kiss passionately instead of show care about the well being of the mother of 3 children..... Such a bizarre family!

When it was mentioned by a reporter to Inspector Ainsworth that GBC had been told to stay out of the search, Inspector said "that's news to me".

Thanks for superfast response to that question, MW.
It was one of those things that stood out like a sore thumb.

GBC said, he was "advised to keep away."
Detective Ainsworth said, "That's news to me."

Straight away there was a conflict of information.

Is Detective Ainsworth a deliberate Liar? If so, what motive? And does he have a history of Lying?
Is GBC a deliberate Liar? If so, what motive? And does he have a history of Lying?

Yes the BC's will be very very convincing on the stand.
IF OW knows anything surely she won't lie on the stand being a woman of God, surely not.
What will the BC's say about working alongside the mistress and covering for their son? THEY ALL KNEW!! The statements said so.
Once a vendetta has started, in-laws can ruin a marriage.
Possibly they thought TMcH was a better prospect for their golden child.

Yes the BC's will be very very convincing on the stand.
IF OW knows anything surely she won't lie on the stand being a woman of God, surely not.
What will the BC's say about working alongside the mistress and covering for their son? THEY ALL KNEW!! The statements said so.
Once a vendetta has started, in-laws can ruin a marriage.
Possibly they thought TMcH was a better prospect for their golden child.

According to her statements Ms McHugh had $100000 in the bank that she was willing to invest in the business if G were only to ask.

Thanks, MarlyWings. I'm sure we'll hear more about this during the trial (ie another attending police officer or two who will attest they didn't dissuade GBC from helping). This will directly contradict what GBC told Wendy - a clear-cut example of dishonesty/deception that will cast a pall on many other pieces of evidence.

With regards to discussion about whether Nigelaine and OW knew from the outset, I honestly believe that while they "knew" (in terms of strongly suspected) and while GBC "knew" that they knew, that discussion ("I did this - help me") probably never took place. Ever. Seems like the sort of family in which everyone intuitively "knew" what needed to be done from here on in, and perhaps they could justify to themselves under the umbrella of "protecting the girls". MOO.

Thanks, MarlyWings. I'm sure we'll hear more about this during the trial (ie another attending police officer or two who will attest they didn't dissuade GBC from helping). This will directly contradict what GBC told Wendy - a clear-cut example of dishonesty/deception that will cast a pall on many other pieces of evidence.

With regards to discussion about whether Nigelaine and OW knew from the outset, I honestly believe that while they "knew" (in terms of strongly suspected) and while GBC "knew" that they knew, that discussion ("I did this - help me") probably never took place. Ever. Seems like the sort of family in which everyone intuitively "knew" what needed to be done from here on in, and perhaps they could justify to themselves under the umbrella of "protecting the girls". MOO.

IKYK
:sigh:

Rings_zpsf70e643a.jpg

Pictured: Two rings recovered from the scene where Allison Baden-Clay was discovered - a diamond solitaire ring and a gold wedding band

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-muddy-river-bank-dumped.html#ixzz34Jknrsfg

And it wasn't a sexual predator or murder for theft so it would certainly have to be someone who had something to gain without out her in the world.... Or wouldn't they have taken her expensive rings???

Now, THIS is sounding much more suss. No-one wanders around the house while shaving with a razor and foam. He wanted the girls to make the shaving connection BEFORE they saw the cuts. How on earth does such clear thinking immediately follow an act of madness?

Well pointed out - I hope this is revisited by the prosectuion in their closing address. He did not usually walk around with shaving foam on his face. What a setup!

Whilst her husband, wearing pyjamas and shoes does the ironing late at night.

(Haven't got to the bit yet, where size 10.5 mud covered shoes were found in his bedroom cupboard during search.)

So as the case builds I wonder if the mud covered shoes were subject to a comparative analysis with the dirt and mud at the Kholo bridge area? if not, why not? Because if they showed a match then it would place him at the Kholo Bridge or nearby. Not sure why this wouldnt have been a much bigger deal so maybe it is not relevant?

And it wasn't a sexual predator or murder for theft so it would certainly have to be someone who had something to gain without out her in the world.... Or wouldn't they have taken her expensive rings???

Yes no predator, no abduction, no thief...

Report from the day after she was reported missing....

April 21, 2012

Det-Supt Ainsworth said Mr Baden-Clay was the last person to see Mrs Baden-Clay before reporting her missing just after 7.30am on Friday.

"The husband has gone to bed and that was when he last saw her,'' he said.

He ruled out the woman being abducted. Police said they "had some suspicions''

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/frantic-search-for-mother-of-three/story-e6frea6u-1226335230727

The house on Brookfield Road is now painted a soft yellow. I think it's lovely. I think of Allison every time I drive by. Still imagining a phone showing up one day amid all the construction at the childcare ctr…

Hoping the children in fact did not hear the goings on that night.If they had, surely they couldn't contain the information under the pressure of an interview.

imo

For some strange reason all I can visualise is a suffocation in bed (i.e. With a pillow). A person straddling the victim hence facial scratch marks but no serious fractures to the body. I just can't get that scenario out of my head. Thoughts are with the Dickie family and the girls right now. I sincerely hope they heard nothing. X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme