The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay, 11th -12th June - Trial Days 2 & 3 - Week 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much focus on the cars ... these second interviews must have been conducted just after the police finally got the forensic results from the cars. Maybe besides blood, they found cleaning fluid (the fluid used to clean up the blood) and they want to establish that cleaning fluid isn't normally stored in the back of the car?

There also seems to be a lot of focus on sickness in relation to all of them - would this only be in relation to the chemist visit or would there be another reason I wonder. Maybe GBC said something and the police are trying to catch him out - not sure.

I'm wondering if the screams are going to go the way of the blue sedan in Daniel Morcombe's case. They include it in evidence because it formed a significant part of the investigation, but ultimately it is not relevant given other evidence. In Daniel's case, Cowan's confession, and in this instance, closer neighbours or the timeline or whatever is more compelling.

1pm: The 20th witness to give evidence in the trial is Fiona White who in April, 2012, lived at 22 Clarkson Place in Kenmore Hills.

She said she heard a noise one night on a week day.

“I heard in the distance a loud scream, I heard screaming twice,’’ she said.

“It was straight one after the other. From what I remember I would say it was a female.’’

Ms White pointed out her home on a map that also identified the Baden-Clay home quite a distance away at 593 Brookfield Rd.

“I was standing at the back of my house, I was outside standing, I have a balcony,’’ she said.

“Look, you know, again, I’m recalling, but I’d put the dog out and I was going to bed just after 9 or 10pm.’’

She told the jury the scream was “quite high’’.

“It was like… someone falling off a cliff, a push, high-pitched, it happened twice,’’ she said.

“When I was standing at the side (of my house) it would have been heading to Greentrees Avenue, there’s a fork in the road heading to Brookfield Rd…’’

BBM.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226951597398

They've got this, don't worry. They will tie it up nicely.

We shall see......I just don't know if they are going to be able to prove this beyond a reasonable doubt, unless there are things we do not yet know. Maybe my attorney friend has me rattled. He says people should be ready to see him walk because theyjust don't have the evidence :please:

BBM.

Or perhaps being pushed or falling down stairs?

My post from yesterday....

When you look at domestic violence cases, a great majority of women are beaten & left with a lot of bruising.

In my opinion, Allison was beaten, bruised & possibly kicked down those front steps. How on earth would such a "fine upstanding member of society" explain such bruising to the world.

Dump her body from the bridge & make it appear she suicided.

There also seems to be a lot of focus on sickness in relation to all of them - would this only be in relation to the chemist visit or would there be another reason I wonder. Maybe GBC said something and the police are trying to catch him out - not sure.

I'm thinking maybe if they saw GBC carrying ABC and girls asked and he said, 'mummy is sick.' or the girls saw injuries on their mum and dad said, mummy is sick.
jmo

1:02pm: The court has adjourned for lunch and is due to resume at 2.30pm.

12:58pm: The 17th witness, Fiona White, has been called to the stand.

The Kenmore Hills resident said she heard two loud screams in the distance on the night Mrs Baden-Clay disappeared.

"I would have said it was a female," she said.

Ms White said she was outside at the back of her house when she heard the screams between 9pm and 10pm.

"For me, it was high, quite high scream ... it was like ... someone was falling off a cliff, being pushed," she said.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-3-week-1-20140612-39yck.html#ixzz34OHQb9Ki

Was Fiona White the Kenmore Hills resident that gave evidence of hearing screams, at the committal? If this is a different one, it is interesting that there are quite a few people who heard screams that night. I do believe the screams occurred, but whether or not they came from Allison is not so certain...

Edited to add, I just checked and Fiona is indeed the same witness I saw give this evidence at the committal. Davis (defence barrister) tried very hard to confuse her as to which direction the screams came from in relation to her house. I also recall she tried to run away from the news cameras afterwards poor thing lol.

The 20th witness to give evidence in the trial is Fiona White who in April, 2012, lived at 22 Clarkson Place in Kenmore Hills.

That's a long way - well over a kilometre (probably 1.5Km) even in a straight line, from the B-C house. It's also hilly, and with a lot of trees between them.

Not sure about the relevance of ANY of the screams, to be honest....

Was Fiona White the Kenmore Hills resident that gave evidence of hearing screams, at the committal? If this is a different one, it is interesting that there are quite a few people who heard screams that night. I do believe the screams occurred, but whether or not they came from Allison is not so certain...

There were others...

April 28, 2012

BROOKFIELD residents have told of hearing a woman's screams that became muffled as if a hand was placed over her mouth the night Allison Baden-Clay vanished.

Residents revealed for the first time how the screams brought them out of their homes - and their regret at not contacting police at the time.

Businessman Will Truter was watching television with his family when he heard two screams, then went out into the dark to investigate when he heard an even more worrying sound.

"It was like if someone was screaming and someone kept a hand over their mouth," he told The Sunday Mail, in an account being treated seriously by police as they probe the mum-of-three's disappearance.

http://www.news.com.au/national/scr...en-clay-vanished/story-e6frfkvr-1226341708599

I'm thinking maybe if they saw GBC carrying ABC and girls asked and he said, 'mummy is sick.' or the girls saw injuries on their mum and dad said, mummy is sick.

I think the injuries line of questioning is to rule out the defence providing explanations for the blood in the car from another incidence. The car was only 8 weeks old.

My post from yesterday....

That's a very plausible scenario. Do you think it's possible the motive wasn't ending the marriage and money and rather was an intimate partner violence incident that escalated to murder and/or coverup - all the other stuff fuel for the fire but not the actual reason?

That's a long way - well over a kilometre (probably 1.5Km) even in a straight line, from the B-C house. It's also hilly, and with a lot of trees between them.

Not sure about the relevance of ANY of the screams, to be honest....

Brookfield is VERY quiet of an evening. Very few cars on the road and most houses are on large blocks ( minimum half an acre) sound would carry very well out there of an evening.

We shall see......I just don't know if they are going to be able to prove this beyond a reasonable doubt, unless there are things we do not yet know. Maybe my attorney friend has me rattled. He says people should be ready to see him walk because theyjust don't have the evidence :please:

Gah, don't rattle me! LOL I don't know, I guess it does depend on the individuals in the jury. I'd have thought Casey Anthony was a slam dunk case but there you go. How much reading did your attorney friend do about the case, were they digging into bail documents and the like or just reading mainstream media? I think the blood in the car, the scratches and the mobile phone forensics are going to take some explaining. I don't think the evidence about the razor having no evidence of blood on it has been tended yet? Those are pretty solid bits of evidence in a sea of pretty damning circumstances and demeanour.

1pm: The 20th witness to give evidence in the trial is Fiona White who in April, 2012, lived at 22 Clarkson Place in Kenmore Hills.

She said she heard a noise one night on a week day.

“I heard in the distance a loud scream, I heard screaming twice,’’ she said.

“It was straight one after the other. From what I remember I would say it was a female.’’

Ms White pointed out her home on a map that also identified the Baden-Clay home quite a distance away at 593 Brookfield Rd.

“I was standing at the back of my house, I was outside standing, I have a balcony,’’ she said.

“Look, you know, again, I’m recalling, but I’d put the dog out and I was going to bed just after 9 or 10pm.’’

She told the jury the scream was “quite high’’.

“It was like… someone falling off a cliff, a push, high-pitched, it happened twice,’’ she said.

“When I was standing at the side (of my house) it would have been heading to Greentrees Avenue, there’s a fork in the road heading to Brookfield Rd…’’

BBM.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ing-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226951597398

I am very confused as to how what this witness heard might be relevant at all? Her address is ages away from the BC house. She apparently heard the screams 'one night on a week day' which makes it even more odd to me that she is there as a witness. I'm also a bit confused about the reason for the previous two witnesses who's testimony basically just confirms that there was a lot of rain/water in the couple of days prior to ABC being found at the bridge? Weren't there hydrology reports that confirm this anyway? Of course, I've never follwed a murder trial before, but these things just seem a bit irrelevant and pointless to me. :/

When I lived in kenmore hills you could hear noise from show grounds and Huntington/Kensington estates in Brookfield . Sometimes the school bell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were others...

April 28, 2012

BROOKFIELD residents have told of hearing a woman's screams that became muffled as if a hand was placed over her mouth the night Allison Baden-Clay vanished.

Residents revealed for the first time how the screams brought them out of their homes - and their regret at not contacting police at the time.

Businessman Will Truter was watching television with his family when he heard two screams, then went out into the dark to investigate when he heard an even more worrying sound.

"It was like if someone was screaming and someone kept a hand over their mouth," he told The Sunday Mail, in an account being treated seriously by police as they probe the mum-of-three's disappearance.

http://www.news.com.au/national/scr...en-clay-vanished/story-e6frfkvr-1226341708599

This one (Wil Truter) was far further away near rafting ground/moggil road - quite some distance from BC house or Clarkson Place

I came into court directly behind NBC and EBC and OW. They all looked rather composed but NBC has aged a lot since I last saw him. I really really hope they are not involved. I would say that they know the truth but all the antics are to save face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBM.

This is what my stepdaughter says when she doesn't want to reveal what she actually knows. It's said in a way that is 'I know but I don't want to tell you so I will just say this instead'. And it's easy to tell the difference between a genuine 'I don't know' and a 'I'm hiding something'. Trying to protect dad perhaps??

MOO...

Agree L_B - possibly an insightful moment and she defends with denial: "I don't know".
Denial can serve a protective function against thoughts too painful to know. My opinion only.

The girl says whoever arrives home first gets to park their car in the garage.

She said she didn’t know if the cars were usually parked nose-in or reversed in.

The girl tells the police she can’t remember when she was last sick but remembers taking medicine when she had a cough once.

She said she didn’t know if mum and dad took any medication.

The girl said her mum usually made her beds in the morning.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...ing-wife-allison/story-fnii5v70-1226951597398

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingWithoutAnswers