The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay - Trial Day 1 - 10th June, 2014-Week 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So true Kimster ... For someone as private as Allison...she would never have imagined this. Very sad.

Just wondering alioop, if you could explain to a layperson, how this is significant?

Does it mean they're so confident that they don't need to declare their strategy? :(

Thank you everyone for the updates. Hugs Amee :hug:

It is more interesting to me than significant and has nothing to do with confidence. Bear in mind the prosecution has to prove its case, the defence can in theory do absolutely nothing.
At this stage the defence is just letting the prosecution do what they have to do without suggesting that something other than their client could have caused Allison's death. Leaving their options open perhaps?

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now
Taylor: I saw a deceased female person. The deceased was lying on her right side and facing into the eastern bank. #badenclay

But then how to explain the leaf matter in her hair...from the carport area??

Good point. I guess you don't have to make a lot of noise to kill someone, especially if he immediately smothered her mouth, in which case a victim's most instinctive response would be to scratch/hit out. Sorry for the graphic image. Just trying to imagine how the girls didn't wake up (and also how he didn't worry about them waking up during that (14km!) drive out to Kholo Creek and back). My kids wake up at the drop of a hat and often for no reason at all right throughout the night.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 4s
The court is being shown a graphic photograph of Allison's body. Lots of people leaving. #badenclay

How awful but this is what the trial is all about. Sobering start for the jurors.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 4s
The court is being shown a graphic photograph of Allison's body. Lots of people leaving. #badenclay

The poor poor Dickies & Allisons family & friends :-(

Makara, you are right. It's sobering for everyone in that court room.

3:50pm Marissa Calligeros: Senior Sergeant Taylor was among two officers to examine Mrs Baden-Clay's body beneath the Kholo Creek bridge.

"She was lying on her side. Her arms and hands were above her head," he told the court.

The court has again been shown confronting images of Mrs Baden-Clay's body on the muddied banks of the creek.

"The deceased was in the advanced stages of decomposition," Senior Sergeant Taylor said.

"She was wearing a pair of white and blue sneakers, what appeared to be 3/4 or tracksuit pants, a blue or purple-coloured top ...

"Her hands were still inside the sleeves of the jumper ... and her hands were up and tangled around her head."

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-1-week-1-20140609-39srt.html#ixzz34DG1YsEp

Wow! It's off to a fast start. I wish I was a jury member. Not looking good for him in my opinion. How did he think he would get away with it? The scratches and foliage among many things are very damning.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 16s
Now we're being shown photos of the area under the bridge, the pylons, the water, the foliage. #badenclay

Sarah Elks ‏@sarahelks 3m
Jury shown graphic photos of Allison Baden-Clay's body on creek bank. Gerard Baden-Clay dabs at his eyes with white handkerchief #badenclay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!