The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay - Trial Day 1 - 10th June, 2014-Week 1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. I guess you don't have to make a lot of noise to kill someone, especially if he immediately smothered her mouth, in which case a victim's most instinctive response would be to scratch/hit out. Sorry for the graphic image. Just trying to imagine how the girls didn't wake up (and also how he didn't worry about them waking up during that (14km!) drive out to Kholo Creek and back). My kids wake up at the drop of a hat and often for no reason at all right throughout the night.

Whereas my kids don't get woken by ANYTHING - it's totally wild to us that they can sleep through huge noises.....depends on the children I think. :seeya:

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 15s
Sen Sgt Taylor has finished giving evidence for now. He will return later in the trial. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1h
'Not everything was as it seemed' with their relationship. Prosecutor Todd Fuller giving opening address.

Oh my...

A few thoughts...

HOW DARE HE wear his wedding ring today when there is an email - PROOF - that he didn't want to be married to Allison!!!

I'm assuming that this is the first time that he's seen the photos - unless his team have shown him to prepare him? But that must be quite confronting for him! I'd love to know what he's thinking / feeling.

How horrendous for Allison's family and friends to have to not only see this, but for them to know that others are seeing them :( no one should have to remember her that way :(

Her dinner with Kerry Anne could have been a quick take away, is there one near the hairdresser? I'm so glad that they got that one last catch up!

GBC probably got the girls ready and then Allison turned up in time to say goodnight. I'm glad too that she got to hug them and tell them she lived them one last time!

So the daughters were home!! Finally confirmation! Fair chance that they heard something odd...

Big hugs Amee and everyone xo

Thanks for the tweets guys, you're all so brilliant xo

The kids might have been used to late night arguments too, which would make them more likely to sleep through commotion in the house.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 14s
The next witness is Sergeant Murray Watson. He had met Gerard in 2010 re eviction of tenants from a property. #badenclay

Good point. I guess you don't have to make a lot of noise to kill someone, especially if he immediately smothered her mouth, in which case a victim's most instinctive response would be to scratch/hit out. Sorry for the graphic image. Just trying to imagine how the girls didn't wake up (and also how he didn't worry about them waking up during that (14km!) drive out to Kholo Creek and back). My kids wake up at the drop of a hat and often for no reason at all right throughout the night.

The neighbours heard arguing, screams and dogs barking.

Maybe the girls did too. Their taped interviews are yet to be heard.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 46s
Watson met Gerard at one property three times. April and August 2010 and six months later for the auction of the house. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 20s
Defence barrister Michael Byrne said Sgt Watson had known Gerard for years. Regarded him as "being one of the nicest guys in the world".

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 39s
Sgt Watson agreed. He knew Gerard through the local chamber of commerce. #badenclay

4:09pm Marissa Calligeros: The second witness Sergeant Murray Watson from Indooroopilly police station has been called to the stand.

He had previously dealt with Mr Baden-Clay when evicting tenants from properties on the real estate agent's rental roll.

4:07pm Marissa Calligeros: Senior Sergeant Taylor has been temporarily stood down from the witness box. He is expected to return at a later date during the trial to be cross-examined by Mr Baden-Clay's defence counsel Michael Byrne QC.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-1-week-1-20140609-39srt.html#ixzz34DL9xeaX

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 9s
Watson: There were concerns the people being evicted from the house were stockpiling weapons. #badenclay

Oh my...

A few thoughts...

HOW DARE HE wear his wedding ring today when there is an email - PROOF - that he didn't want to be married to Allison!!!

I'm assuming that this is the first time that he's seen the photos - unless his team have shown him to prepare him? But that must be quite confronting for him! I'd love to know what he's thinking / feeling.

How horrendous for Allison's family and friends to have to not only see this, but for them to know that others are seeing them :( no one should have to remember her that way :(

Her dinner with Kerry Anne could have been a quick take away, is there one near the hairdresser? I'm so glad that they got that one last catch up!

GBC probably got the girls ready and then Allison turned up in time to say goodnight. I'm glad too that she got to hug them and tell them she lived them one last time!

So the daughters were home!! Finally confirmation! Fair chance that they heard something odd...

bbm. I personally hope that those images are seared into his brain. You can never un-see something like that.

And even though it is SO awful and undignified for Allison to be 'seen' publicly like that - at least there is light being shone onto the truth. And the truth is, unfortunately, really gruesome.

Enough with the lies in this case!!

JMO

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 20s
Defence barrister Michael Byrne said Sgt Watson had known Gerard for years. Regarded him as "being one of the nicest guys in the world".

I think a lot would disagree :banghead:

Oh my...

A few thoughts...

bbm
I remember that Allison would meet her best friend the next day after this agents event (how was the right naming?) to bring something to Kerry?

I find it a bit surprising that the prosecution described Flegg as "a neighbour" - he lives a couple of Km away at least. And even as the crow flies it would be well over a kilometre with a hill in between. That's an "interesting" way to describe him - I really hope they're not going to rely too much on his evidence.

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · now
Sen Const Huth checked under the house and the carport area for blood but found none. #badenclay
ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 0 times FavoriteFavorited 0 times

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member