The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay - Trial Day 1 - 10th June, 2014-Week 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gerard Baden-Clay's defence counsel Michael Byrne QC is cross-examining Sergeant Watson.
He said Sergeant Watson had previously dealt with Mr Baden-Clay through the local Rotary club and the Brookfield Chamber of Commerce.
"You described him as 'one of the nicest guys in the world'?" Mr Byrne asked.
Sergeant Watson agreed.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-1-week-1-20140609-39srt.html#ixzz34DRJ4GcI

Good point. I guess you don't have to make a lot of noise to kill someone, especially if he immediately smothered her mouth, in which case a victim's most instinctive response would be to scratch/hit out. Sorry for the graphic image. Just trying to imagine how the girls didn't wake up (and also how he didn't worry about them waking up during that (14km!) drive out to Kholo Creek and back). My kids wake up at the drop of a hat and often for no reason at all right throughout the night.

I guess we don't know yet whether or not the girls woke up, do we. Hopefully this will be revealed too.

It doesn't sound like officer Watson was involved in the case. Just because he knew GBC and was at Indooroopily police station, the prosecution is just dealing with that upfront by calling him and giving the defence the opportunity to clarify his dealings and opinion of GBC. Bit of housekeeping really, nothing to see here!

The poor police officer that fell and dislocated his shoulder and that was in daylight. This makes me even more convinced that Allison was thrown from the bridge and not carried down there in the middle of the night.

Just to let you all know our Amee is fine. She'll be back in soon :)

I wonder why he was only ask to plead on the charge of murder, what about the second charge 'interfering with a corpse'?

The poor police officer that fell and dislocated his shoulder and that was in daylight. This makes me even more convinced that Allison was thrown from the bridge and not carried down there in the middle of the night.

This is what I've always thought ever since first pic of the bridge came up!

I guess we don't know yet whether or not the girls woke up, do we. Hopefully this will be revealed too.

I've always thought that someone was brought in to mind the girls - possibly under false pretences? i.e. "She's run off - I must go and find her".

I wonder why he was only ask to plead on the charge of murder, what about the second charge 'interfering with a corpse'?

I am sure both charges would have been put to him and that he pleaded not guilty to both. The second charge is a big part of the case as it relates to disposing of Allison's body after he allegedly murdered her so they are not going to drop that charge.

bbm. I personally hope that those images are seared into his brain. You can never un-see something like that.

And even though it is SO awful and undignified for Allison to be 'seen' publicly like that - at least there is light being shone onto the truth. And the truth is, unfortunately, really gruesome.

Enough with the lies in this case!!

JMO

I hope so too! It was a vile thing to do and he deserves to absolute horror of seeing 'the fruits of his labour' for eternity! I hope he has nightmares...

And I couldn't agree more, enough with the lies!!!!! We need an emoticon for that!

I hope this is the right place to post this- I have been wondering about Gerald's financial position. If he had kept going, (with the family intact), does it seem likely that he could have eventually paid off all the loans? How did he get in to so much debt? (I understand the floods interrupted the business, but is that the only reason?) If he and Alison had separated, could he have sold the business, and used the proceeds from that to start paying off the loans? Would she have been liable for some of the debt in that situation?

Totally agree Alioop. Dragged into the car. Dragged out of the car and thrown from the bridge. Heartbreaking!

omg! and poor Allison was thrown down there? This is just so horrifying. :(

Perhaps A. wasn't thrown but lowered into the deep. A. had no corresponding injuries (if I remember right). Also her body could not have been under the bridge. Maybe someone was an assistant to this part of disposal. IMO

Was anybody from here actually in the courtroom today ?

I'm wondering if GBC's family stayed in the courtroom after the trial had begun or are some of them witnesses and have to wait outside.
On that theme what's to stop Olivia's husband and Mrs BC telling their respective partners what had been said in the court that they were not ( and probably should not ) be privy to hear ?

I have been glued to my iPad for most of the day.

Thank you to everyone.

It is very sad, even though I have been waiting for this day, to see it all spelled out in such chilling detail. I will go and have that drink and look at the setting sun for awhile.

Well, the prosecution got through a lot more than I thought they would today. No opening statement by the defence certainly saved time.
Wonder what happened at the 2 pm hearing. Not reported on?

Perhaps A. wasn't thrown but lowered into the deep. A. had no corresponding injuries (if I remember right). Also her body could not have been under the bridge. Maybe someone was an assistant to this part of disposal. IMO

That is my feeling FG, I have no idea if we will ever know.
:sigh:​

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 50s

Fuller: Allison taught dance and was dabbling in her own real estate adventures. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 29s

Fuller: But not everything was as it seemed in respect to their relationship. (Gerard and Allison). #badenclay

Tessa Scott ‏@TessaScott9 2m

Prosecution says drop from Kholo Creek bridge to bank was 14m. Jury shown photo of a female body found there. @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay

What would dabbling in her own real estate adventures mean?
Looking for her own rental maybe.

4:41pm Marissa Calligeros:Wrap: The first day of the trial has heard Mr Baden-Clay was under financial stress and embroiled in an illicit affair when he allegedly murdered his wife of 15 years Allison Baden-Clay.

The 43-year-old real estate agent pleaded not guilty to murder, as his highly-anticipated trial began before a packed Brisbane courtroom.

Crown prosecutor Mr Fuller told the jury the case against Mr Baden-Clay was a circumstantial one, which rests on his affair and financial debt as motivating factors for the killing.

Mrs Baden-Clay’s body was found on the banks of Kholo Creek, 14 kilometres from her home in the leafy western Brisbane hamlet of Brookfield, 10 days after she disappeared.

Confronting crime scene photographs showing Mrs Baden-Clay’s swollen and decomposing body on the muddied banks of Kholo Creek were shown to the court as Mr Fuller launched his opening address.

Mr Fuller said Thursday April 19, 2012, began unlike any other for the Baden-Clay family.

The couple’s daughters attended their school’s cross-country carnival. Mr Baden-Clay and his sister Olivia Walton, who was visiting from Townsville, watched the girls compete.

Meanwhile, Mrs Baden-Clay had attended a meeting at the couple’s real estate agency at Targina, where she was the general manager, before going to a hairdressing appointment at 4pm and then meeting her friend Kerri-Anne Walker for dinner.

Mr Baden-Clay bought sausages for dinner, which he ate at his parent’s house, with his daughters and sister.

He would later tell police he left his wife watching television in their living room when he went to bed about 10pm.

He told police he woke the next morning to find her missing.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ay-1-week-1-20140609-39srt.html#ixzz34DVDc0KC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member