The Crown v Gerard Baden-Clay - Trial Day 1 - 10th June, 2014-Week 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really really gets to me that Allison was going to that real estate conference where her husbands mistress was attending and that she was getting into the same field as GBC .. it's actually really really sad, like as if she just couldn't disengage from such a destructive relationship and do her own thing completely separate to him, like you know .. just LEAVE. Back in my box, it just gets to me is all :(

Rae Wilson ‏@RaeWilson78 5m
Crown says Gerard Baden-Clay had Bruce Overland email account to communicate with his mistress #court #qld #badenclay http://ow.ly/xOXAk

Thanks for the updates, we seem to have waited so long for this day, and I almost missed it.
I appreciate the updates as it's getting harder to follow the Aus papers now that many have placed a limit as to how many free articles one can view.
There are so many questions to be answered still, am very impressed at how quickly the first day moved.

Rae Wilson ‏@RaeWilson78 34m
Crown says scratching on Gerard Baden-Clay's face was Allison's "mark upon him". #court #qld #badenclay http://ow.ly/xOVGh

What would dabbling in her own real estate adventures mean?
Looking for her own rental maybe.

My thinking is she was looking to re-engage in the business as a means of
a) helping - maybe eventually acting as Property Manager so they didnt have to pay someone? Helping relieve financial pressure on GBC/business
b) bonus: keeping an eye on what Bruce Overland was up to
c) re-engaging with work seeing girls at school? doing something for herself maybe?
d) showing him her commitment to marriage/partnership working

Poor innocent.

It really really gets to me that Allison was going to that real estate conference where her husbands mistress was attending and that she was getting into the same field as GBC .. it's actually really really sad, like as if she just couldn't disengage from such a destructive relationship and do her own thing completely separate to him, like you know .. just LEAVE. Back in my box, it just gets to me is all :(

IMO that option was even more so available to GBC, Allison may still have loved GBC with all his faults.
But why commit murder, it just defies logic. There just is no excuse, so what if he starts out again with nothing? Pfft.
Poor Allison didn't have a chance with a greedy, self serving man like GBC. jmo

A BIG thankyou to everyone for the updates & being here for Allison...

Beautiful-yellow-sunflower-on-black-background-heart-shaped-stickers.png

So it seems that Adam BC didn't come back to Oz for the trial? Hmmm...

Was anybody from here actually in the courtroom today ?

I'm wondering if GBC's family stayed in the courtroom after the trial had begun or are some of them witnesses and have to wait outside.
On that theme what's to stop Olivia's husband and Mrs BC telling their respective partners what had been said in the court that they were not ( and probably should not ) be privy to hear ?

Earlier, Baden-Clay — clean shaven and dressed in a dark suit and wearing glasses — took his seat in court with his parents Nigel and Elaine seated behind him, in the front row of the public gallery

Baden-Clay’s parents and his sister Olivia Walton arrived at the Supreme Court around 9.15am with solicitor Peter Shields.

They did not comment as they entered the court.

Relatives of Allison Baden-Clay, including her parents Geoff and Priscilla Dickie, entered the court soon after.

couriermail

Before updating I had read: NBC and sister behind the accused in the bench.

Was anybody from here actually in the courtroom today ?

I'm wondering if GBC's family stayed in the courtroom after the trial had begun or are some of them witnesses and have to wait outside.
On that theme what's to stop Olivia's husband and Mrs BC telling their respective partners what had been said in the court that they were not ( and probably should not ) be privy to hear ?

I'd also like to know this!! I was under the impression that if you were to be called as a witness (even maybe ) that you are not permitted to sit in the court to hear evidence until you have given your evidence???

Alioop can you explain this?? Sorry if you already have!

Just trying to understand the legalities of it all.

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 1m

Fuller: Later that night Olivia was talking to Allison. Olivia was to stay over the next night for children's sleepover. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou ‏@KateKyriacou 27s

Fuller: Olivia was the last person to speak to Allison before Gerard arrived home with the children. #badenclay

Allison's phone called OW on the 19th April at 8.28pm for 1.01mins.

I have been glued to my iPad for most of the day.

Thank you to everyone.

It is very sad, even though I have been waiting for this day, to see it all spelled out in such chilling detail. I will go and have that drink and look at the setting sun for awhile.

I also have a sad feeling though I didn't know A..
My drink has to wait - it's only 9:19 am in my country now.

Nine News Brisbane ‏@9NewsBrisbane 2m
Gerard Baden-Clay’s parents support their son on day one of his murder trial. @TessaScott9 has the latest #9NewsAt6 pic.twitter.com/6hU3eGppvH

No surprise there.

Thank you sincerely to all who provided updates today. Big hugs for Amee and Oz Jen. You brought me to tears with your sincerity and your own feelings of love and compassion mixed with confronting reality.

I think it would be safe to deduce conclusively after just one day of this trial, that:
Allison Dickie Baden Clay DID NOT COMMIT SUICIDE or take her own life.

I'd also like to know this!! I was under the impression that if you were to be called as a witness (even maybe ) that you are not permitted to sit in the court to hear evidence until you have given your evidence???

Alioop can you explain this?? Sorry if you already have!

Just trying to understand the legalities of it all.

I think your impression is correct. Perhaps family members were in court for the jury selection only in the morning.

Thank you sincerely to all who provided updates today. Big hugs for Amee and Oz Jen. You brought me to tears with your sincerity and your own feelings of love and compassion mixed with confronting reality.

I think it would be safe to deduce conclusively after just one day of this trial, that:
Allison Dickie Baden Clay DID NOT COMMIT SUICIDE or take her own life.

Yes, I note Mr Fuller stated upfront in his opening address that Allison had a therapeutic amount of anti depressants in her body. Be interesting to see if the change in defence team has brought about an abandonment of the suicide theory.

Marty Silk ‏@MartySilk 2m
While every journo in #Brisbane reports on the #BadenClay trial an @brisbanecityqld parking officer is booking all their cars outside court

Awwww, gee. :facepalm: I suppose it's business as usual.

Wow! We have all held our breath for so long and had so many questions that may finally be answered! The biggest one - just how could this be the end to a loving mother and intelligent and educated woman who had so much to live for and worked so hard to bring happiness and give strength to her family. And yet she appears to be tossed away with such callous disregard?

We all need to stand strong for Allison! Now we are her advocates! She would never imagined that her closest confidences, her privacy and her most intimate thoughts would be broadcast to the world. But what can we fault her on - nothing!!!!! If ever there was innocence personified -Allison has written and followed her handbook!

I think your impression is correct. Perhaps family members were in court for the jury selection only in the morning.

Thanks Alioop, that makes sense!!!

Also thank you for giving all your knowledge & answering our MANY questions.........we are lucky to have you to ask!! :tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz