The death of Princess Diana

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
William and Harry are certainly good looking young men. :D

They sure are. Their lives are not what I'd want, nor for my daughter (if I had one) but they seem to be good people. When the paps show pictures of them drinking or partying I always think "so what"? They are young and are enjoying life, not being stuffy like most of the royals (their father esp).

I really think they inherited the best of Diana and will make her proud.

They sure are. Their lives are not what I'd want, nor for my daughter (if I had one) but they seem to be good people. When the paps show pictures of them drinking or partying I always think "so what"? They are young and are enjoying life, not being stuffy like most of the royals (their father esp).

I really think they inherited the best of Diana and will make her proud.
I agree Shopper. Elton didn't finish with the song "Candle In The Light" as we all heard he would. :(

I agree Shopper. Elton didn't finish with the song "Candle In The Light" as we all heard he would. :(

Do you think he may play it at her memorial next month?

Did you happen to catch when Donnie Osmond performed? I just saw the recap and missed his song from "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat". That is my alltime favorite musical and hate I missed that. I'll try to catch it again.

Do you think he may play it at her memorial next month?

Did you happen to catch when Donnie Osmond performed? I just saw the recap and missed his song from "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat". That is my alltime favorite musical and hate I missed that. I'll try to catch it again.
I sat on my tail and watched the whole thing. I even played hookie from church....shhhhhh:crazy: Don't tell! LOL. Donny is another favorite of mine. I LOVED him growing up. He was hot stuff back then. Ummmm...I STILL think he is hot! :blowkiss:

I managed to watch the last 4 hours which was FANTASTIC!!!!

I was smiling, laughing and holding back tears throughout! I finally broke down oddly enough with P Diddy's performance. He was wonderful how he kept referencing Diana throughout that song. I love that song - don't know what it is but I watched him do it on the Grammys once, I think.

William and Harry are two wonderful boys. I don't care what the tabloids say about their partying. Diana would be very very proud of them. I think we have to give Charles some credit here too.

It was great seeing all the young Royals having a good time like normal people. Harry's got a cute girlfriend and I noticed Kate Middleton having a good time 2 rows back.

I especially enjoyed the medley of Andrew Lloyd Webber. Donny Osmond still has a great voice! Rod Stewart stole my heart...again. He sure knows how to work a crowd.

I sat on my tail and watched the whole thing. I even played hookie from church....shhhhhh:crazy: Don't tell! LOL. Donny is another favorite of mine. I LOVED him growing up. He was hot stuff back then. Ummmm...I STILL think he is hot! :blowkiss:

David Cassidy was hotter than Donny. We must be the same age. Had the posters of both of them. Right now it's Matt Lauer again with that interview. Elton John did Philly was it last Fourth Of July? Did Philadelphia Freedom. Rocket Man though is the best. Was Sarah Brightman there? Will I see her? Dean cutting Church for this I think will be alright. Thanks for the heads up. Oh, I knew Sean P Diddy Puffy Combs would get in there somehow.

Not to take away from Princess Diana, but ummmmm, does Duran Duran make anyone else feel old? I'm doing like that kind of dance grandmom's do. Oh and harry he is C-U-T-E and a trooper remembering his comrades who are in Iraq. Danka for the reminder this was on. Back to a grammy dance, to Rio.

David Cassidy was hotter than Donny. We must be the same age. Had the posters of both of them. Right now it's Matt Lauer again with that interview. Elton John did Philly was it last Fourth Of July? Did Philadelphia Freedom. Rocket Man though is the best. Was Sarah Brightman there? Will I see her? Dean cutting Church for this I think will be alright. Thanks for the heads up. Oh, I knew Sean P Diddy Puffy Combs would get in there somehow.

Yes Sarah Brightman sang with Josh Groban - Phantom of the Opera.

In case anyone was wondering (like me:D) who the young guy next to Will who really got into it throughout the evening.....it was Will's best friend whom he met at St Andrews university. Our commentator here announced that after being flooded with emails on his blackberry).

I don't suppose Charles or the Queen were there, were they?

I don't suppose Charles or the Queen were there, were they?

Nope. Nor Camilla! :D My commentator said the Queen was invited but they all chose to make this an event for this younger generation of the Royals.

Nope. Nor Camilla! :D My commentator said the Queen was invited but they all chose to make this an event for this younger generation of the Royals.

In other words, "William & Harry, she was YOUR mother but is no longer anything to any of us." :mad:

That was great! It was refreshing to see NO LIP SYNCHING! I love live music that actually sounds live. Not studio produced.

In other words, "William & Harry, she was YOUR mother but is no longer anything to any of us." :mad:

I never thought of it that way.....you might be right. I don't think Sarah Ferguson was there either and she was apparently close to Diana - so perhaps it was a Royal decision. OTOH Kate Middleton's parents were there.

In all fairness, since the concert was 6 hrs (?) long, it might have been a nice gesture if the Queen et al simply put in an appearance?

I never thought of it that way.....you might be right. I don't think Sarah Ferguson was there either and she was apparently close to Diana - so perhaps it was a Royal decision. OTOH Kate Middleton's parents were there.

In all fairness, since the concert was 6 hrs (?) long, it might have been a nice gesture if the Queen et al simply put in an appearance?

I think she could have come for an hour or two & sat in the royal box. I think it would have been really nice if Charles had, especially. They were divorced but she was the mother of his children, and he did walk behind her coffin in 1997.

I think she could have come for an hour or two & sat in the royal box. I think it would have been really nice if Charles had, especially. They were divorced but she was the mother of his children, and he did walk behind her coffin in 1997.

The more I think about this, I'm not so sure. As I understand it, this was a tribute to Diana on behalf of her two sons. I guess it would have been a nice gesture if the Queen & Charles had shown up but I'm not all that bothered about it, I guess.

The more I think about this, I'm not so sure. As I understand it, this was a tribute to Diana on behalf of her two sons. I guess it would have been a nice gesture if the Queen & Charles had shown up but I'm not all that bothered about it, I guess.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it or anything. :dance: I'm just glad the concert was a great success and everyone stayed safe, too!!

Yes Sarah Brightman sang with Josh Groban - Phantom of the Opera.

They sang "All I Ask" from Phantom. Groban was fantastic but Brightman sounded off, like she was hoarse. The Andrew Lloyd Webber part was my favorite.

They sang "All I Ask" from Phantom. Groban was fantastic but Brightman sounded off, like she was hoarse. The Andrew Lloyd Webber part was my favorite.
Elton and Donny were my favorite part, as well as the Diana and Me parts too.:blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatMeryl
Back