The death of Princess Diana

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it or anything. :dance: I'm just glad the concert was a great success and everyone stayed safe, too!!

Me too!! I wouldn't mind watching it again!:dance:

They sang "All I Ask" from Phantom. Groban was fantastic but Brightman sounded off, like she was hoarse. The Andrew Lloyd Webber part was my favorite.

That's right - thank you!:) On my station - they interviewed Josh Groban beforehand and he said that they had only had a minute and a half rehearsal just before.

I managed to watch the last 4 hours which was FANTASTIC!!!!

I was smiling, laughing and holding back tears throughout! I finally broke down oddly enough with P Diddy's performance. He was wonderful how he kept referencing Diana throughout that song. I love that song - don't know what it is but I watched him do it on the Grammys once, I think.

William and Harry are two wonderful boys. I don't care what the tabloids say about their partying. Diana would be very very proud of them. I think we have to give Charles some credit here too.

It was great seeing all the young Royals having a good time like normal people. Harry's got a cute girlfriend and I noticed Kate Middleton having a good time 2 rows back.

I especially enjoyed the medley of Andrew Lloyd Webber. Donny Osmond still has a great voice! Rod Stewart stole my heart...again. He sure knows how to work a crowd.

I agree that Diddy was awesome. Even my BF had to admit which suprised me.

I never thought of it that way.....you might be right. I don't think Sarah Ferguson was there either and she was apparently close to Diana - so perhaps it was a Royal decision. OTOH Kate Middleton's parents were there.

In all fairness, since the concert was 6 hrs (?) long, it might have been a nice gesture if the Queen et al simply put in an appearance?

Princesss' Eugenie and Beatrice were there.

RE: The Queen and Prince Charles not being there I heard the commentators say that Prince Harry and Prince William said that "They wanted this concert for the younger ppl to enjoy and said " Would you want to have your GrandMum and Your Father go to a concert with you"?? So I guess that is the answer They weren't invited! Since their Dad has moved on I wouldn't want Camilla at my Mom's concert either, that says volumn's to me!

Gosh we only had an hour here.........with Matt Lauer ( 8 to 9)
Seems it went longer I guess overthere.......
The beginning was very teary for me.
Her boys are wondrful. She could not have asked for more in them.
How proud she would be of what they did for her.
I love how they turned out........and ........that was because of HER.
Great Job Diana........

Nope. Nor Camilla! :D My commentator said the Queen was invited but they all chose to make this an event for this younger generation of the Royals.

The Queen, IMO, never truly accepted Diana. I think that she expected her to play a meek and mild background role and was very displeased that many (not all) liked Diana more than her son. It's such a shame that she continues to show her disapproval even though Diana's has passed. IMO, she should have made an appearance for the grandchildren, out of respect for them.

In any case, we watched some of the tribute and part of their interview with Matt Lauer. The boys have grown up to be nice, young men. I think that Diana did a fantastic job with them. I believe that they will not cheat on their wives and expect their wives to accept it as part of the "tradition." I believe that Diana made sure that she exposed them to all sorts of "worldly" things that they may never have seen had she not been their mother.

Does anyone else see the resemblance in Harry with James Hewitt. To me, it is uncanny. I highly suspect that he is Harry's father. No matter, both boys turned out well, IMO. :)

The tribute was wonderful; and I agree that Diana would have been proud of her boys. :)

Harry undoubtedly has Charles' eyes, IMO.

I'm glad the concert was a success. Would have loved it if Robbie Williams had shown up with Take That though!!

Does anyone else see the resemblance in Harry with James Hewitt. To me, it is uncanny. I highly suspect that he is Harry's father. No matter, both boys turned out well, IMO. :)

The tribute was wonderful; and I agree that Diana would have been proud of her boys. :)

I think they would know that by now. I agree there is a major resemblance but Diana's siblings are all red-haired and ginger-colored like Harry is....and I do think Harry has Charles' eyes and browline. I don't doubt for a moment that QE II has not had Harry's DNA tested to make sure he is really a Windsor and a rightful heir!

RE: The Queen and Prince Charles not being there I heard the commentators say that Prince Harry and Prince William said that "They wanted this concert for the younger ppl to enjoy and said " Would you want to have your GrandMum and Your Father go to a concert with you"?? So I guess that is the answer They weren't invited! Since their Dad has moved on I wouldn't want Camilla at my Mom's concert either, that says volumn's to me!

True!! I wouldn't want Camilla at ANY function of mine and particularly not one honoring my mother!! :sick:

I still think a part of Charles, though, loved Diana up until she died, b/c of the reports of him sitting beside her body in the hospital in Paris, sobbing and saying, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." Do you guys remember that? I believe that while Camilla always had his heart, he did love Diana on some level.

I have always said I can see the resemblance between Harry & James Hewitt, I too think it's uncanny. I would like to think Harry is Charles' son, but to me Harry looks more like James Hewitt than Charles.

Believe Englishleigh has it just right, i think there isnt any way that the royal family (if there were any suspicions) wouldnt have done a dna test. I also dont agree that the queen never accepted Diana. The marriage was imo basically arranged and a way for the queen to get charles out of the clutches of CPB whom she was never going to accept.

I love their hair! It is such a pretty color. :)

Yes, it is. I have always wished Andrew and Sarah would get back together. Don't they all still live together at Sunninghill, albeit in different wings? Neither of them have ever remarried so I do wonder if they aren't still an item.

Yes, it is. I have always wished Andrew and Sarah would get back together. Don't they all still live together at Sunninghill, albeit in different wings? Neither of them have ever remarried so I do wonder if they aren't still an item.
I have often wondered that myself.

I sat on my tail and watched the whole thing. I even played hookie from church....shhhhhh:crazy: Don't tell! LOL. Donny is another favorite of mine. I LOVED him growing up. He was hot stuff back then. Ummmm...I STILL think he is hot! :blowkiss:

I'm with ya on that , Buddy ! I absolutely LOVED Donny too when I was growing up. Still like him to this day. Just the other night I sat up til late watching YouTube videos of him ! Don't tell my hubby, but I still think he's a HOTTIE ! SHHH !:silenced:

Believe Englishleigh has it just right, i think there isnt any way that the royal family (if there were any suspicions) wouldnt have done a dna test. I also dont agree that the queen never accepted Diana. The marriage was imo basically arranged and a way for the queen to get charles out of the clutches of CPB whom she was never going to accept.
Besides, wasn't she already to old to produce heirs? She already had grown children even back then I think.

I think they would know that by now. I agree there is a major resemblance but Diana's siblings are all red-haired and ginger-colored like Harry is....and I do think Harry has Charles' eyes and browline. I don't doubt for a moment that QE II has not had Harry's DNA tested to make sure he is really a Windsor and a rightful heir!
I'm sure they know who Harry's father is. Even if it isn't Charles, I don't think they would let that be known. I personally think he looks like James more than Charles. Regardless, they are both Diana's sons, and very handsome.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back