The death of Princess Diana

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I always thought Harry looked like James Hewitt too until I saw a recent picture of Harry alongside James and Diana' brother - Harry really looks like Diana's brother - I think he got the red hair from her side of the family.

Also hasn't it been said/documented that Diana didn't meet James until 2 years after Harry was born - I know I've read that several times over the years.

Loved the concert - the boys did a wonderful job and Diana would be so proud of them.

Gosh we only had an hour here.........with Matt Lauer ( 8 to 9)
Seems it went longer I guess overthere.......
The beginning was very teary for me.
Her boys are wondrful. She could not have asked for more in them.
How proud she would be of what they did for her.
I love how they turned out........and ........that was because of HER.
Great Job Diana........

Couldnt agree more.. As far as the concert it was on from 10am to 5pm...on VH1 and other cable channels.

Was glad to see take that.. and I also wish Robbie Williams had appeared with them.. however he seems to be spending much of his time in LA these days..I guess he can walk the streets in a almost normal fashion as opposed to any where in Europe where it quickly becomes a mob scene..

I suspect that Diana is incredibly proud of both the boys.. wherever she may be..she is lookig down with that glorious smile and just beaming with pride and love. Those boys were her life.. and even with all the other wonderful things she did for those in need.. the boys were her greatest achievement.

I love Duran Duran and Take That. Take That only had one hit in the US-"Back for Good" is played on most soft rock/adult contemp. stations but they were hugely popular across the world in the 90's.

Robbie Williams would be nothing today if it wasn't for TT. He always feels the need to badmouth the guys too every chance he gets.

I met Gary Barlow out here in Arizona a long time ago, right after TT broke up. Very nice! He did a really good interview with a morning show station duo Beth and Bill.

DD was great. Roger Taylor is still a hottie!!!

I missed the tribute, if anyone finds a link to any of it online, or if you hear of any repeat showings on other channels or anything, please let me know!

Harry does look like James Hewitt to me, but I confess I've never checked the timeline for that. I'd have to see pictures of the Earl of Spencer when he was younger to see if Harry resembled Diana's brother.

That said, I seriously doubt the Queen would ever allow a royal prince to be tested for DNA. It would go against centuries of pragmatic attitude to be concerned with that--or let it be known that they were. What would they do with the knowledge? Disinherit Harry? Never.

Does anyone know who that guy - last name Ferry is? Is he only in Britain. I really liked him & his music and wouldn't mind getting a CD.

Does anyone know who that guy - last name Ferry is? Is he only in Britain. I really liked him & his music and wouldn't mind getting a CD.

This is Brian Ferry, he was huge in the 70's/80's here in the UK. His band was called Roxy Music, and Brian also did solo. CD's are still available, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. :D

This is Brian Ferry, he was huge in the 70's/80's here in the UK. His band was called Roxy Music, and Brian also did solo. CD's are still available, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. :D

Thanks Lizzied - I just went and looked him up on Wikipedia. Do you happen to know if that last song he did (at the concert) was called "Let's stick together"? I guess it's a matter of which album to try and find. Looks like I could go to Amazon?

I managed to watch the last 4 hours which was FANTASTIC!!!!

I was smiling, laughing and holding back tears throughout! I finally broke down oddly enough with P Diddy's performance. He was wonderful how he kept referencing Diana throughout that song. I love that song - don't know what it is but I watched him do it on the Grammys once, I think.

William and Harry are two wonderful boys. I don't care what the tabloids say about their partying. Diana would be very very proud of them. I think we have to give Charles some credit here too.

It was great seeing all the young Royals having a good time like normal people. Harry's got a cute girlfriend and I noticed Kate Middleton having a good time 2 rows back.

I especially enjoyed the medley of Andrew Lloyd Webber. Donny Osmond still has a great voice! Rod Stewart stole my heart...again. He sure knows how to work a crowd.

dang!!..i didn't know the entire concert was aired!!!....i watched the 'highlights' the other night on NBC, & thought it was great....

i did the same thing, jilly, when P Diddy performed...i too, LOVED the way he referenced Diana through the entire song...loved Duran Duran, back in the 80's....wish they had done "Girls on Film" though:dance:
.....thought Rod Stewart did a great job also....& what about Tom Jones!!:cool: ...he's still got a helluva voice; i was surprised!!
.....i sang along to Elton John doing "Saturady Night's Alright For Fighting"....it's one of my all-time favorite tunes..man o' man, did he get the crowd in an uproar during THAT tune!!!

it's seven o'clock, & i wanna rock,
wanna get a belly full of beer!
:dance:

OH, OH, & what about Nelly Furtado (sp?)....i just love that tune she sang...i've GOT to get that CD.....

dang!!..i didn't know the entire concert was aired!!!....i watched the 'highlights' the other night on NBC, & thought it was great....

i did the same thing, jilly, when P Diddy performed...i too, LOVED the way he referenced Diana through the entire song...loved Duran Duran, back in the 80's....wish they had done "Girls on Film" though:dance:
.....thought Rod Stewart did a great job also....& what about Tom Jones!!:cool: ...he's still got a helluva voice; i was surprised!!
.....i sang along to Elton John doing "Saturady Night's Alright For Fighting"....it's one of my all-time favorite tunes..man o' man, did he get the crowd in an uproar during THAT tune!!!

it's seven o'clock, & i wanna rock,
wanna get a belly full of beer!
:dance:

OH, OH, & what about Nelly Furtado (sp?)....i just love that tune she sang...i've GOT to get that CD.....

Awww Close:( - too bad you missed it. I had a great Sunday afternoon all by myself on the sofa!:dance: Honestly...I could watch it all again. I did watch the highlight show as well.

I've always loved Tom Jones but I must say I was preoccupied with hot hot Joe Perry the guitarist from Aerosmith:crazy:

Thanks Lizzied - I just went and looked him up on Wikipedia. Do you happen to know if that last song he did (at the concert) was called "Let's stick together"? I guess it's a matter of which album to try and find. Looks like I could go to Amazon?

Yes, this is also the name of one of his albums "Let's Stick Together", it came out in 1976.......... I was aged 16 then.......... those were the days!! :D

Yes, this is also the name of one of his albums "Let's Stick Together", it came out in 1976.......... I was aged 16 then.......... those were the days!! :D

In England - "those were the days" are everyday imo. I lived there for a couple of years when I was 18 - best time of my life!!! Funny - that song 'Those were the days' was the hit when I was there!

Thanks for your help! I'm gonna get that CD!:dance:

FOX news has been having little bits of Dianna's life on show recently. I heard Harry wanted to take a DNA test, but Hewitt didn't want anything to do with it. They also stated that Dianna was seeing Hewitt in 1982, and when Charles saw Harry after he was born that is when the marriage started to breakdown.

I also watched the concernt and the whole time I kept saying to myself...."Take that Camilla and Charles!"

I believe it was Megan Kelly that had the news I stated above.

Awww Close:( - too bad you missed it. I had a great Sunday afternoon all by myself on the sofa!:dance: Honestly...I could watch it all again. I did watch the highlight show as well.

I've always loved Tom Jones but I must say I was preoccupied with hot hot Joe Perry the guitarist from Aerosmith:crazy:

:eek: no wonder i like you so much!!....i had a major 'crush' on Joe Perry also!!....i even took it so far as wanting to name my youngest son Joseph Perry, (first & middle name, but call him Joe) but his father would have no part of it, LOL.....really blew his mind when i wanted to name him Angus, once the JP wouldn't work:p (& call him Gus)
again, his father wouldn't have it, lol......when i mentioned Seth, he was like..."OOOOOK!":woohoo:

really hoping VH1 will show this concert again...SURELY they will:eek:

:eek: no wonder i like you so much!!....i had a major 'crush' on Joe Perry also!!....i even took it so far as wanting to name my youngest son Joseph Perry, (first & middle name, but call him Joe) but his father would have no part of it, LOL.....really blew his mind when i wanted to name him Angus, once the JP wouldn't work:p (& call him Gus)
again, his father wouldn't have it, lol......when i mentioned Seth, he was like..."OOOOOK!":woohoo:

really hoping VH1 will show this concert again...SURELY they will:eek:

Ha Ha!! That is so funny! I LOVE the name Seth but I agree with you Joseph Perry has a nice little ring to it!! It's a good thing I didn't think of this when my son was born....'cause he'd be Bon Jovi!! lol

If this show ever comes on VH1 again - please let me know!!!

Aerosmith is coming to our neck of the woods, this summer, Jilly!! They are coming to PEI (Prince Edward Island) and it will be amazing! Tempted? heehee I am sure my sister would put you up but I don't think there are any tickets to be had, sigh!

Aerosmith is coming to our neck of the woods, this summer, Jilly!! He is coming to PEI (Prince Edward Island) and it will be amazing! Tempted? heehee I am sure my sister would put you up but I don't think there are any tickets to be had, sigh!

Hey Mimi!! Jealous here!!! :crazy: I've only seen them (almost live:D ) at that fantastic ride of theirs at Universal Studios in Orlando!!

Ha Ha!! That is so funny! I LOVE the name Seth but I agree with you Joseph Perry has a nice little ring to it!! It's a good thing I didn't think of this when my son was born....'cause he'd be Bon Jovi!! lol

If this show ever comes on VH1 again - please let me know!!!

www.VH1.com has quite a few video highlights to hold you over!

In England - "those were the days" are everyday imo. I lived there for a couple of years when I was 18 - best time of my life!!! Funny - that song 'Those were the days' was the hit when I was there!

Thanks for your help! I'm gonna get that CD!:dance:

I remember that song 'Those were the days', I think it was by someone called Mary Hopkins............ Goodness, I really do feel old now!!
If you like Brian Ferry then I suggest you look for a greatest hits CD, they made some fantastic songs. I like the song "Jealous Guy" by Brian Ferry, but I like all their hits too.

Where did you stay in England jilly??

Aerosmith is coming to our neck of the woods, this summer, Jilly!! They are coming to PEI (Prince Edward Island) and it will be amazing! Tempted? heehee I am sure my sister would put you up but I don't think there are any tickets to be had, sigh!
Did you snag any tickets Mimi? If you did...LUCKY YOU!!!!!!!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramsie101
Back