The Death of Wayne Millard

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A direct quote from LE. This one's a keeper. ;)

Mr. Millard, 27, is charged with first-degree murder in the slaying of Mr. Bosma. Toronto police confirmed Tuesday they are re-examining the death of Mr. Millard’s father as well as a missing person case.

“Toronto police homicide squad is investigating both of those cases — the missing woman, Laura Babcock, and Wayne Millard’s death,” said Const. Wendy Drummond, spokeswoman for Toronto police.

“We can’t come to any conclusions, obviously, however they are being looked at.”
http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...-remains-found-on-bosma-murder-suspects-farm/

It makes absolutely no sense that someone has to go on ancestry.com to look up WM in 2008, when had he googled that name in 2008 he would have been able to find him.

But you may have found as I did, a Google search for Wayne Millard revealed little except an obituary a few little things like sponsorships of magazines, etc. I found it very hard to find out much about him.

Here's more on WW

http://www.wayn.com/profiles/lonelyandwaiting59#wall

I feel sorry for him calling himself lonelyandwaiting.

Could WW actually be going by his middle name as his first? I ask because I found a DWW (same last two names) in Brantford.
Sure it's possible. I've known quite a few men over the years who were called by their middle names, and I know two families in which it's a tradition among the male members.

For clarity, I was suggesting that since he had relatives that did take up residence in Tilsonburg, he might've had cause to be there at some point, met DW, and that's how WW came to be in '67. It doesn't sound like DW and WM had much of a relationship for him to not have had any contact with the resulting child. Also, a child out of wedlock was quite taboo in those days, which could have led to the estrangement as well due to the parents disapproval. All speculation, but it could be a possibility.

JMHO.

Well if the link I've found is him, he is now 46. That would make WM 25 when he had him so not likely a big deal with parent's I wouldn't think, except they might have expected him to marry her. Maybe he did and then divorced her for all we know.

Well if the link I've found is him, he is now 46. That would make WM 25 when he had him so not likely a big deal with parent's I wouldn't think, except they might have expected him to marry her. Maybe he did and then divorced her for all we know.

I wonder how old his mother was? Depends on the family dynamics, situation, etc., but an unmarried woman having a child in '67 was a big deal, and WW didn't have his surname. There is some reason that there was no relationship. Some breakdown of the relationship, somewhere, at sometime.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2879468-bosma-case-police-still-probing-millard-s-farm/

Snipped from the article "Wayne Millard was reportedly found with a gunshot wound to the left side of his head'
I am sure you already know this though because you guys are so good at this.

I asked a funeral director friend about strange obits and he said that it is actually quite common for people to use obits to send strange secret messages to each other. Expecially in instances of cheating on spouses.

Sorry I think I kind of suck at this, but I found this earlier, got really excited to post and wasn't able to access ws from anywhere ? Thought I broke the site until tonight

Okay, I'm lost. What on earth could someone write in a bogus Obit with regard to cheating spouses? ...the cheaters communicate via this means? Sorry, don't get it.

I wonder how old his mother was? Depends on the family dynamics, situation, etc., but an unmarried woman having a child in '67 was a big deal. There is some reason that there was no relationship.

dear friend of mine in 68 was whisked off to secret location and baby was 'relinquished' for adoption -- friend was from a 'good' family and she and baby's father (also from good family ) later married -- I write this to support what you are saying Ontario in 60's pretty hard line about kids out of wedlock for most families\

it was hushed up too in most families and never brought up

Okay, I'm lost. What on earth could someone write in a bogus Obit with regard to cheating spouses? ...the cheaters communicate via this means? Sorry, don't get it.

To raise doubt in mind of wife or girlfriend-to embarrass pappa

I wonder how old his mother was? Depends on the family dynamics, situation, etc., but an unmarried woman having a child in '67 was a big deal, and WW didn't have his surname. There is some reason that there was no relationship. Some breakdown of the relationship, somewhere, at sometime.

One might speculate that maybe this woman/DW very much wanted to be with/have a life with WM, considering this apparent son (if true) is also named Wayne.

I agree it would be very taboo back in the 60s to be pregnant outside of marriage. Plus we don't know.....maybe WM at that time was already involved in a relationship (maybe even married to someone? - we don't know his marriage history do we?).........maybe DW was married to someone and they couldn't be together........or maybe CM and Della very much disapproved of DW (maybe from "the wrong side of the tracks"?) or they didn't want the truth to come out to bring shame on the family / maybe they paid DW for her silence, so many possibilities.

dear friend of mine in 68 was whisked off to secret location and baby was 'relinquished' for adoption -- friend was from a 'good' family and she and baby's father (also from good family ) later married -- I write this to support what you are saying Ontario in 60's pretty hard line about kids out of wedlock for most families\

it was hushed up too in most families and never brought up

It happened to my parents with the birth of my eldest sibling in '66. Mother participated in an inquiry of sorts a few years before she died regarding abusive treatment of unwed mothers in the hospital during labour. 3 days, no meds, finally eldest aunt picked up and physically assaulted a nurse she witnessed roughing up my mother for crying and screamed the ward down for the doctor. Emerg C-section was called. Almost lost both my eldest sibling and mother. It was horrible for them.

WW joined ancestry on nov 16, 2007, the same month/yr that DM did.....interesting coincidence huh!

Very interesting, indeed.

It may cause one to think that perhaps when WW posted on Ancestry, that he was also maybe doing other searches, did come across Millard Air and WM there.....and maybe contact WM or someone at Millard Air........maybe DM was the one who took the call OR heard that someone was looking for WM claiming they might be his son, and then DM was freaked out ....and he signed up on the DNA site as a result.

I wonder to what extent did LE investigate WM death at the time?

According to this report Toronto Police only opened a homicide investigation in the wake of these recent events.

http://www.therecord.com/news/local...ce-probe-millard-s-connections-to-other-cases

It could be that the above article was just poorly worded but I thought that every suspicious death is treated as a homicide by LE UNTIL proven otherwise? The circumstances surrounding the death of WM were certainly suspicious!

Questions that I have:

1) Was a complete autopsy performed and did it include toxicology and gun-shot residue tests?

2) Where was the body found?

3) Were fingerprints found on the firearm?

4) Did DM fully cooperate with LE ? Did LE ask DM to submit to gunshot residue testing? If so did he agree.

5) What time of day did the death occur?

6) Was the firearm registered to DM or WM and what is the make?

If the above quoted sentence is factual , i.e. Toronto Homicide only opened an investigation AFTER DM was arrested in connection to TB's death it could very well be that many critical tests and investigations were not done and with the cremation of the body it may be too late to establish if foul play was involved.

IMO, it's just a little too late to be investigating his death now, after he's already been cremated for crying out loud. The questions we have/as you posted above should have been questions they had at the time of his death. I hate to say it, but could there have been some corrupt goings-on surrounding his death such that it either wasn't really investigated or ?someone (or more than one) was paid off to keep things all under the radar?

Were LE aware he was engaged? Surely they had to have known he was about to open a huge new business. They'd have known he had money. They didn't find it strange he'd been shot in the eye? Just how much investigation REALLY took place? Did they interview his fiancee? Did they not investigate whom might have benefited from his death?

I'd be curious to know just how long after his apparent suicide his body was with the medical examiner/coroner before it was released to funeral home for cremation. I would think that the length of time the coroner's office had it would shed some light onto just how exhaustive the investigation was. Some forensic testing can take weeks for results to come back.....and I don't think they'd release the body to a funeral home until ALL results were back and reviewed (in the event that perhaps there were some inconsistent findings and/or possible lab errors or testing needed to be repeated). Sure would love to see a copy of that coroner's report / autopsy report.

It may cause one to think that perhaps when WW posted on Ancestry, that he was also maybe doing other searches, did come across Millard Air and WM there.....and maybe contact WM or someone at Millard Air........maybe DM was the one who took the call OR heard that someone was looking for WM claiming they might be his son, and then DM was freaked out ....and he signed up on the DNA site as a result.

That is exactly where my thoughts went. DM thought "make him prove it".

paranoia is a terrible thing to waste ..... I am pretty sure DM would have been very insecure...((there have been several references to recreational drug use surrounding DM & LB so that is why I mentioned paranoia))

IMO, it's just a little too late to be investigating his death now, after he's already been cremated for crying out loud. The questions we have/as you posted above should have been questions they had at the time of his death. I hate to say it, but could there have been some corrupt goings-on surrounding his death such that it either wasn't really investigated or ?someone (or more than one) was paid off to keep things all under the radar?

Were LE aware he was engaged? Surely they had to have known he was about to open a huge new business. They'd have known he had money. They didn't find it strange he'd been shot in the eye? Just how much investigation REALLY took place? Did they interview his fiancee? Did they not investigate whom might have benefited from his death?

I'd be curious to know just how long after his apparent suicide his body was with the medical examiner/coroner before it was released to funeral home for cremation. I would think that the length of time the coroner's office had it would shed some light onto just how exhaustive the investigation was. Some forensic testing can take weeks for results to come back.....and I don't think they'd release the body to a funeral home until ALL results were back and reviewed (in the event that perhaps there were some inconsistent findings and/or possible lab errors or testing needed to be repeated). Sure would love to see a copy of that coroner's report / autopsy report.

Also, how would WW prove he was WM son with WM gone and cremated? The only one he'd be able to match to, is DM.

Also, how would WW prove he was WM son with WM gone and cremated? The only one he'd be able to match to, is DM.

God, so many twists and turns!

Makes ya wonder if perhaps the "timing" of WM's death could have something to do with WW. Perhaps since his posting in 2008 he did end up meeting and developing a relationship w/ WM..........and maybe if it's true that WM was engaged and planning to marry he was going to be going to his lawyer to have a prenup agreement drawn up and his will revised which would include WW, DM got wind of it and was INCENSED and outraged and either he did or was responsible for the death of his father, not only as revenge but because he didn't want to ever have to share WM's estate/fortune with some half-brother....so he killed him while he (DM) was still the only heir.

So many possibilities.

God, so many twists and turns!

Makes ya wonder if perhaps the "timing" of WM's death could have something to do with WW. Perhaps since his posting in 2008 he did end up meeting and developing a relationship w/ WM..........and maybe if it's true that WM was engaged and planning to marry he was going to be going to his lawyer to have a prenup agreement drawn up and his will revised which would include WW, DM got wind of it and was INCENSED and outraged and either he did or was responsible for the death of his father, not only as revenge but because he didn't want to ever have to share WM's estate/fortune with some half-brother....so he killed him while he (DM) was still the only heir.

So many possibilities.

I was curious earlier today about WM prepping to get married - at his age he would be very aware that he would need to change his will too. I wouldn't be too surprised if he had made an appointment to see his lawyer about a new will. Wouldn't it be a great surprise to find out that in fact he had made a new one but it just hadn't been registered yet?

The person searching for him could easily request a long form birth certificate (his own) and cross check dob of father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member