The Death of Wayne Millard

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in my city, our airport has a field named after its founding member, "Glass Field". Family of aviators. Probably irrelevant but I thought it was interesting.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2879468-bosma-case-police-still-probing-millard-s-farm/

Snipped from the article "Wayne Millard was reportedly found with a gunshot wound to the left side of his head'
I am sure you already know this though because you guys are so good at this.

I asked a funeral director friend about strange obits and he said that it is actually quite common for people to use obits to send strange secret messages to each other. Expecially in instances of cheating on spouses.

Sorry I think I kind of suck at this, but I found this earlier, got really excited to post and wasn't able to access ws from anywhere ? Thought I broke the site until tonight

I think that the memorial appeared 2 years after her death because Wayne was probably her executor, and in the final stages of. wrapping up the estate. I think it described her family, because he was looking for them to return momentoes & photographs like it said. Also, publishing such an item, and waiting for a proscribed period would satisfy a probate court that he had tried to contact any remaining family members.

Certainly a plausible reason and even more so if there had been an actual obituary when she passed. Also, even if WM was the executor, there would have been a lawyer handling the estate. Why wouldn't there have been an obit in the paper right away? Doesn't look like the family was that large.IMO it's a stretch to say that this was the only way the news could get out. In the language of the Obit/Memorial, it sounds like EG was fond of them. IMO, the obit has a very strange writing style to it. It shows old B & W pictures..just doesn't sit right with me. To go with the executor cleaning up the estate theory, IMO it would be prudent to put a proper "Estate" notice in the local newspapers so anyone having a claim against the Estate could come forward.

why would she not have been mentioned in his obit as a fiancée..strange

Given the at DM was the author of the obit --- seems that he was a bit egocentric -- lots of basics were omitted -- guess he preferred to thinking he was only one worthy (living) or worth mentioning in his late father's life JMHO

Certainly a plausible reason and even more so if there had been an actual obituary when she passed. Also, even if WM was the executor, there would have been a lawyer handling the estate. Why wouldn't there have been an obit in the paper right away? Doesn't look like the family was that large.IMO it's a stretch to say that this was the only way the news could get out. In the language of the Obit/Memorial, it sounds like EG was fond of them. IMO, the obit has a very strange writing style to it. It shows old B & W pictures..just doesn't sit right with me. To go with the executor cleaning up the estate theory, IMO it would be prudent to put a proper "Estate" notice in the local newspapers so anyone having a claim against the Estate could come forward.

.....from what I recall as standard practice....even if WM was somehow connected with winding up matters...such a notice would include (usually) a law firm (WM would have had the $ for that) to filter through the triflers who might respond

Given the at DM was the author of the obit --- seems that he was a bit egocentric -- lots of basics were omitted -- guess he preferred to thinking he was only one worthy (living) or worth mentioning in his late father's life JMHO

Was WM an only child as well?

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2879468-bosma-case-police-still-probing-millard-s-farm/

Snipped from the article "Wayne Millard was reportedly found with a gunshot wound to the left side of his head'
I am sure you already know this though because you guys are so good at this.

I asked a funeral director friend about strange obits and he said that it is actually quite common for people to use obits to send strange secret messages to each other. Expecially in instances of cheating on spouses.

Sorry I think I kind of suck at this, but I found this earlier, got really excited to post and wasn't able to access ws from anywhere ? Thought I broke the site until tonight

Thank you! I was trying to think of a way to express that angle! All I could come up with was 'punked' -- and that was sadly lacking. I remember old filme noires where bad guys would put up messages in the newspapers for each other. Seems trite .... but hey if you wanna stick it to someone and you are petty enough guess a weird obit may be an option

A change in one's marital status is an opportunity to revisit one's estate planning and I wonder if WM had an appointment to rewrite his will. This could set someone ''off'' - not mentioning whom

My mothers maiden name shows on my birth records, despite my parents being married so I'm not sure it matters much.

"Elizabeth Glass Animal Welfare Foundation" is not a registered charity with Canada Revenue Agency. Can be searched here:
http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/charitylists/

Also the WM that was asked about from Rondeau, ON is not the same person. That one is A) still alive and B)a life time local, originally from a small town about 20 mins away from there.

Love the sleuthing done by you all, I am finally caught up enough to post. Another angle on the alleged marriage of WM - perhaps DM was not the unhappy child, perhaps the alleged finacee had one. I feel DM's financial wealth was secured by the ownership he had directly and only a few shared properties with WM. Granted that is not always enough for some people and they want it all. JMO

ETA I think the EG obit was republished for the purpose of the distribution of the remaining photos etc mentioned, that should have gone to family members.

And Dellen Millard are one in the same.

Put the little google-man down onto street view and check out the home at the end of the cul-de-sac. A red truck is parked in the drive.

https://maps.google.ca/maps?client=...=ca&ei=-DWcUebxGJPMywGplIGYCQ&ved=0CC4Q8gEwAA

This is 5 Maple Gate Court, Etobicoke, ON listed in the obit as the address for donations to the EG Animal Welfare Foundation. It is also noted by MSM as being the address for DM...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2013/05/13/f-dellen-millard-profile-bosma-case.html

Screen cap of Wayne Millard from what appears to be the day of DM's solo flights in 1999.

8y574w.png

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/05/21/police-reopen-2-cases-tied-to-dellen-millard/

so he killed one guy then his father is that whats happening what about the girl is he suspected of killing her also ..im so confused can someone give me a brief rundown here be greatly appreciated thanks..

Similar age group, yes. Within 5-10 years I'm fairly certain.

So it's possible he's the WM that WW is/was looking for? I don't see this WM as having ever lived in southwestern Ontario. It appears as though CM and DM first settled at 127 St Clements Ave in Toronto.

MOO

So it's possible he's the WM that WW is/was looking for? I don't see this WM as having ever lived in southwestern Ontario. It appears as though CM and DM first settled at 127 St Clements Ave in Toronto.

MOO

CM's sister lived in Tillsonburg, though. I garnered that from her obit. Could've been a brief fling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214