The Death of Wayne Millard

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CM was obviously 'old school' when business was done in a certain way. Much better than nowadays IMO. Many companies these days do send out the middle man and if we are to belive that WM was not emotionally well in recent years it is possible that he had an 'agent' working for him. DM apparently challenged this guy and this guy was not happy... IMO.
I agree with you about sensational headlines.... they are everywhere. Have you ever read a book called 'Killing Time'.... its futuristic..but well worth the read..
I will definitely read that book. This is the funny thing about Millardair and sensationalistic journalism. Millardair was never a "major" player in aviation to the same degree as say someone like Max Ward (Wardair),http://www.flightglobal.com/airspace/blogs/flyvertosset/archive/2013/03/04/about-wardair-canada.aspx and yet they both met the same demise in the late '80's. They both started around the same time. Aviation is a brutal industry and as history proves, it's very recession sensitive. WM, according to the Post article was betting his money at a vision of having a fantastic maintenance facility that would provide a revenue stream and security for DM. IMO, WM may not have possessed the industry knowledge, but he knew people who could guide him in the right direction to get the job done. Personally, I can't just look down the tunnel from the right to come to a conclusion. The firm that AS worked for was hired and AS was the consultant assigned to the task of overseeing the development of an AMO for Millardair from start to finish. AS could very well have been looking after several other developments very similar to this all around the world. As WM's friends eluded to in this Post article is that they were surprised that WM was taking on such a venture. Not that he was opening up an AMO, IMO, they may have been questioning why he would he be opening up one of such magnitude- it wasn't an expansion..it wasn't just building a new hangar to house the old operation and it wasn't an Airlines like Westjet, deciding to do their own maintenance. Did WM have the necessary capital in place? Was he over his head right from the start?

OK, so one may argue that WM wasn't of sound mind but he was smart enough to get a Company that could set it up for him. Now this is where you have to look down the other end of the tunnel. WM gave full of hangar construction and running everything to DM. In 2011, DM even purchased a 100+ acre farm to build his dream home close to the facility, so either he was coerced into doing this and living out there, or he was bullish on running the facility and being close for daily commutes. There had been delays in getting the AMO, but that could have very well been Transport Canada delays. There is evidence via way of pictures and now AS has gone on the record, that the hangar was being used for things other than what the AMO may have stipulated and was not in "show condition". DM was the middleman here-not another junior or anyone that DM would have employed.-it was up to DM to make sure that hangar was the showpiece it was suppose to be. AS depended on him for things and visa versa. AS got the equipment and AMO in place...DM was suppose to provide a suitable facility. Maybe when WM realized that DM wouldn't listen to him or anyone, he only had one way out.

It is mentioned somewhere that WM had lost a financial backer in 2011 and lost a fuel contract as a result. I'd like to see some more info on that element. Who and why? Was the financial backer DM himself? MOO

Excuse me ???

<modsnip>
Also my previous comments were in reference to my not wanting freaky people around my plane and regardless of what their log book says.

That should get you back on track about your response to my response of your response.

Reread your post where you question me about people in suits disguised as pedos and rapist. That has nothing to do with this thread unless you know something about DM that we don't.
Also my previous comments were in reference to my not wanting freaky people around my plane and regardless of what their log book says.

That should get you back on track about your response to my response of your response.

Not that Blomquist can't speak for themselves, however....

I believe the comment regarding pedos and rapists in suits was to make a point regarding the comments made about calling people wearing mohawks freaks. I believe the point was - just because someone is wearing a suit does not make them harmless, just as one wearing a mowhak does not mean they are a freak. Different than many, yes, but not a freak.

On that note, not speaking to anyone specifically, I hope people can remember that it is possible to agree to disagree AND to challenge the post, not the poster. Just because someone thinks differently than you does not mean they are wrong, just different. I'm sure that most people come here to learn and voice their opinions, not be attacked, accused or belittled. It would be nice to keep it that way.

Not that Blomquist can't speak for themselves, however....

I believe the comment regarding pedos and rapists in suits was to make a point regarding the comments made about calling people wearing mohawks freaks. I believe the point was - just because someone is wearing a suit does not make them harmless, just as one wearing a mowhak does not mean they are a freak. Different than many, yes, but not a freak.

On that note, not speaking to anyone specifically, I hope people can remember that it is possible to agree to disagree AND to challenge the post, not the poster. Just because someone thinks differently than you does not mean they are wrong, just different. I'm sure that most people come here to learn and voice their opinions, not be attacked, accused or belittled. It would be nice to keep it that way.

<modsnip>

I stated that I wouldn't want near my plane, nor do business with a freak wearing a mohawk. My money, my plane, my choice, so no business from me for DM's hanger. That was/still is the topic of that post.

The attempt to deflect to suits/disguises was recognized as such and has nothing of substance to do with the case.

The subsequent posts of mine explaining exactly that, were confusing to some whom can't keep up with what they themselves posted/asked.

no store receipts,
no delivery receipts,
no supporting evidence to show when/where they were purchased,
VIN #s leading back to owners
VIN #s defaced for no apparent reason
parts that match descriptions of stolen vehicles
Onstar records
eye witnesses
suspect # 3
security cams

Delivery/store receipts or rather lack of, would not prove a crime. I don't keep all of my receipts.

Can you define 'supporting evidence' please as I am trying to understand what you mean?

Not all parts have a VIN number on them, only specific parts, so only helpful to a point IMO

Defaced VIN number I can see how that is 'evidence' of something having happened at some time in the parts history.

Parts matching stolen vehicles if there is a corresponding VIN is definitely a 'match' and would be factual evidence. But not all parts will have a VIN.

Eye witnesses? Do you mean people coming forth to say they saw the vehicle being taken and by whom?

Suspect number 3 would possibly have a clue, if they were involved in the theft and dismantling or witnessed it I agree.

vid cams...Yes if they are available and accurate, unedited and clear would be good evidence ...agreed

Delivery/store receipts or rather lack of, would not prove a crime. I don't keep all of my receipts.

Can you define 'supporting evidence' please as I am trying to understand what you mean?

Not all parts have a VIN number on them, only specific parts, so only helpful to a point IMO

Defaced VIN number I can see how that is 'evidence' of something having happened at some time in the parts history.

Parts matching stolen vehicles if there is a corresponding VIN is definitely a 'match' and would be factual evidence. But not all parts will have a VIN.

Eye witnesses? Do you mean people coming forth to say they saw the vehicle being taken and by whom?

Suspect number 3 would possibly have a clue, if they were involved in the theft and dismantling or witnessed it I agree.

Yes if they are available and accurate, unedited and clear would be good evidence ...agreed

There are a few exception I'm not familiar with such as small 1-200 auto/yr makers and or European VIN oddities but, generally there are serial numbers on individual parts and part numbers for individual parts that must code back to that VIN number.

That is how one "authenticates" classic/antique vehicles. You look as close as possible to all parts you can to see if the vehicle you are inspecting has all the original parts it was originally assembled with.

Tracking theft of autos and or parts is similar.

Being in possession of a defaced VIN is usually a indictable/felony anywhere in North America regardless of who are when it was actually defaced.

There are a few exception I'm not familiar with such as small 1-200 auto/yr makers and or European VIN oddities but, generally there are serial numbers on individual parts and part numbers for individual parts that must code back to that VIN number.

That is how one "authenticates" classic/antique vehicles. You look as close as possible to all parts you can to see if the vehicle you are inspecting has all the original parts it was originally assembled with.

Tracking theft of autos and or parts is similar.

Being in possession of a defaced VIN is usually a indictable/felony anywhere in North America regardless of who are when it was actually defaced.

Thats assuming that the part belongs to said VIN/Vehicle... Often the serial number is on the box only. JMO

Plus many scrap yards sell parts from various vehicles...meaning some vehicles have parts from several cars... I imagine its a job to keep track a lot of the time.......IMO

Receipts are sometimes called "proof of purchase". If you are missing a receipt, generally you can request one from the seller ... providing there is a seller. Business receipts must be kept for ... well, you know the details.

<modsnip>

I stated that I wouldn't want near my plane, nor do business with a freak wearing a mohawk. My money, my plane, my choice, so no business from me for DM's hanger. That was/still is the topic of that post.

The attempt to deflect to suits/disguises was recognized as such and has nothing of substance to do with the case.

The subsequent posts of mine explaining exactly that, were confusing to some whom can't keep up with what they themselves posted/asked.

OK then... I think I follow that you would hate to be employed by someone with a mohawk. I can deal with that... I wasn't deflecting though I was making a point about looks being deceiving... which imo has quite a lot to do with this case JMO and I am keeping up quite well with my posts :treadmill: LOL ...thank you

Receipts are sometimes called "proof of purchase". If you are missing a receipt, generally you can request one from the seller ... providing there is a seller. Business receipts must be kept for ... well, you know the details.

What about private business?

What about private business?
lol Blomquist. I think the key word in that last post is "business". If you're filing a tax return for a business, it doesn't matter if it's private or public, incorporated, partnership or sole proprietorship. Receipts have to be kept for 7 years. And by the way, people who are doing illegal activities under the guise of a business are still required to file legit returns, both for income tax and HST-that way, they won't get slammed with tax evasion. Now those are fines and jail times that a person should want to avoid at all costs!

Thats assuming that the part belongs to said VIN/Vehicle... Often the serial number is on the box only. JMO

Plus many scrap yards sell parts from various vehicles...meaning some vehicles have parts from several cars... I imagine its a job to keep track a lot of the time.......IMO

The parts for that VIN number are traceable. If they end up for salvage a title/ownership document is recorded as such with the State/Province. If the parts are reused and a "new" salvage vehicle is "created" it must have a Salvage Title associated with it.

Enough is either directly traceable or can be by determined by process of elimination to establish probability of a crime or not.

A random part from an auto salvage resale business should be traceable back to the salvage area via the retiring/dismantling of the Title and vehicle.
Or simply through months of legwork, research, Positive Material Identification of metallurgy, etc.

Of course engine parts, trans. parts, doors, hoods, axles, etc. are easier to trace and nuts, bolts, fasteners etc. are much harder to impossible at times.

It only takes people, effort, time, funding and motivation.

lol Blomquist. I think the key word in that last post is "business". If you're filing a tax return for a business, it doesn't matter if it's private or public, incorporated, partnership or sole proprietorship. Receipts have to be kept for 7 years. And by the way, people who are doing illegal activities under the guise of a business are still required to file legit returns, both for income tax and HST-that way, they won't get slammed with tax evasion. Now those are fines and jail times that a person should want to avoid at all costs!

Actually I think it does make a difference whether it is a private or public business. Just like a private trust cannot be accessed by anyone other than the trustees of that trust. Without going into the whys and wherefores ... there is a huge difference between private and public...JMO. I expect most major corporations are all trusteed to the hilt with more 'private' holdings than we could possibly imagine. A little like the 'Not for Profit' organizations that don't make a profit but pay themselves huge paychecks....of course there is no profit... they have it all.... lol

The parts for that VIN number are traceable. If they end up for salvage a title/ownership document is recorded as such with the State/Province. If the parts are reused and a "new" salvage vehicle is "created" it must have a Salvage Title associated with it.

Enough is either directly traceable or can be by determined by process of elimination to establish probability of a crime or not.

A random part from an auto salvage resale business should be traceable back to the salvage area via the retiring/dismantling of the Title and vehicle.
Or simply through months of legwork, research, Positive Material Identification of metallurgy, etc.

Of course engine parts, trans. parts, doors, hoods, axles, etc. are easier to trace and nuts, bolts, fasteners etc. are much harder to impossible at times.

It only takes people, effort, time, funding and motivation.

If you say so...but I actually will agree to differ with your opinion at this point... <MODNSIP>

Actually I think it does make a difference whether it is a private or public business. Just like a private trust cannot be accessed by anyone other than the trustees of that trust. Without going into the whys and wherefores ... there is a huge difference between private and public...JMO. I expect most major corporations are all trusteed to the hilt with more 'private' holdings than we could possibly imagine. A little like the 'Not for Profit' organizations that don't make a profit but pay themselves huge paychecks....of course there is no profit... they have it all.... lol

I've owned a private business, and MsSherlock is absolutely correct.

If you say so...but I actually will agree to differ with your opinion at this point... <modsnip>

It's one way we track/trace everything from terrorist car bombs to auto chop shop parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13