The Death of Wayne Millard

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy protested seal hunts and owned a gun in Canada? A bit strange. A pacifist with a gun on hand...Shot himself on the left side. Was he a lefty? Do we know anything about this suicide that LE still has open for investigation?

moo

ETA - If the investigation is still open why was the family allowed to cremate him?

moo again

One thing doesn't preclude the other....He did protest seal hunts and I doubt he advocated violence. He was also a very, very rich man...rich people are always a target so having a gun in their home, not in their travels..might not be so farfetched. I would never have a gun in my home...but..I live a modest life and I wouldn't likely look like I have anything to steal.

This guy protested seal hunts and owned a gun in Canada? A bit strange. A pacifist with a gun on hand...Shot himself on the left side. Was he a lefty? Do we know anything about this suicide that LE still has open for investigation?

moo

ETA - If the investigation is still open why was the family allowed to cremate him?

moo again

I find it curious too that WM, who was somewhat described as gentle humanitarian with a love of animals, would own a gun and shoot himself in the head, in the home he shared with his son, for his son to find him in that condition. I would think he would have chosen to do something like that perhaps in another location where his son didn't live. Or perhaps in a less violent fashion if he wanted to die at home? I assume no note was found either.

Just seems odd all the way around.

And I'm sure they have a coroner's report on the death so I suppose they had no problem releasing the remains to the family. But I'm sure we'll find out that the report is not complete, or lost, or something. Just the way things go sometimes with wealthy people and sloppy investigations IMO. But I have to tell you I'm very curious as to what DM did with his father's cremains. He sure hasn't made it known to anyone where he is interred so that they can go to pay their respects to him. Perhaps he kept them at home? Or scattered them somewhere?

MOO

I've only ever seen one picture of Wayne Millard. It was a black and white photo taken the same day that his son DM broke the world records. That's it. I haven't found or seen a single pic other than that one.

moo

There are a number of them out there but I don't believe there are any of him after that day of DM's 14th birthday solo fights.

MOO

moo

moo again

BBM & how was the will allowed to go forward? Was the estate settled?

I wonder to what extent did LE investigate WM death at the time?

According to this report Toronto Police only opened a homicide investigation in the wake of these recent events.

It wasn’t until his son’s arrest a week ago that Toronto’s homicide squad opened its investigation, according to Det. Sgt. Matt Kavanagh, the Hamilton police homicide detective heading up the Bosma case.

http://www.therecord.com/news/local...ce-probe-millard-s-connections-to-other-cases

It could be that the above article was just poorly worded but I thought that every suspicious death is treated as a homicide by LE UNTIL proven otherwise? The circumstances surrounding the death of WM were certainly suspicious!

Questions that I have:

1) Was a complete autopsy performed and did it include toxicology and gun-shot residue tests?

2) Where was the body found?

3) Were fingerprints found on the firearm?

4) Did DM fully cooperate with LE ? Did LE ask DM to submit to gunshot residue testing? If so did he agree.

5) What time of day did the death occur?

6) Was the firearm registered to DM or WM and what is the make?

If the above quoted sentence is factual , i.e. Toronto Homicide only opened an investigation AFTER DM was arrested in connection to TB's death it could very well be that many critical tests and investigations were not done and with the cremation of the body it may be too late to establish if foul play was involved.

There should have been a Notice to Creditors placed in the newspapers.

Usually an obit contains the person's middle name. I don't think I've seen any name other than just Wayne.

The unusual obits are now open for discussion. Please use common sense and post responsibly. Use initials in the place of proper names. You're not sleuthing EG, the person, so don't focus there. (Frankly, I don't think you'll find any legitimate information on this "person".) But you can try to figure out the basis of the "organizations" named in the obits, and the other hinky details.

The above is subject to change if the guidelines aren't followed. Please proceed with caution, and when in doubt, ask a mod.

The unusual obits are now open for discussion. Please use common sense and post responsibly. Use initials in the place of proper names. You're not sleuthing EG, the person, so don't focus there. (Frankly, I don't think you'll find any legitimate information on this "person".) But you can try to figure out the basis of the "organizations" named in the obits, and the other hinky details.

The above is subject to change if the guidelines aren't followed. Please proceed with caution, and when in doubt, ask a mod.

I agree. I think that we will find that "EG" never existed. It seems very likely that DM wrote the Obit for "EG". If "EG" does not exist this means that the named "EG" charity is a sham. This will not answer the bigger questions surrounding DM - did he kill TB - did he have a hand in WM's death? - did he have a hand in LB's disappearance - but it would nevertheless provide an interesting glimpse into his character.

DM registered with the genebase.com site re DNA in 2007
WW posted his message on ancestry.com in Nov 2008

I wonder if there ultimately was a DNA match that DM failed to acknowledge (or DM simply became aware of WW through his ancestry.com post) ... and just in case, DM decided to bump Wayne off to get the full share of the estate before Wayne Millard could ever connect with his other biological son.

I wonder if there ultimately was a DNA match that DM failed to acknowledge (or DM simply became aware of WW through his ancestry.com post) ... and just in case, DM decided to bump Wayne off to get the full share of the estate before Wayne Millard could ever connect with his other biological son.

WW joined ancestry on nov 16, 2007, the same month/yr that DM did.....interesting coincidence huh!

WW joined ancestry on nov 16, 2007, the same month/yr that DM did.....interesting coincidence huh!

Ah, I hadn't seen that flip.

Probably just coincidence that Wayne's death was also in November.

:eek: Get outta here! WTH is up with that? I thought sillybilly's theory was pretty brilliant. Find a lost blood relative, seems pretty cool for awhile, until you realize what you stand to lose. But this is a whole new spin.

Was he trying to torment his father for some reason?

I'm just about speechless about this. Except to say I think what you guys are doing is going to prove very, very important and helpful to LE. Or already has.

Just don't forget those screen shots.....

Holy hell, what?! i...i...i...WHAT?

I don't even know what to type right now. Speechless.

That EG obit is really really weird. How far are we allowed to snoop into the people mentioned in it, basically just in order to determine whether it's a fake or not? What would be the purpose of making up an entire family and family history?

That's what I'm thinking too SB.

That EG obit is really really weird. How far are we allowed to snoop into the people mentioned in it, basically just in order to determine whether it's a fake or not? What would be the purpose of making up an entire family and family history?

It was placed in the Toronto Sun and Globle News Is this the right one?

http://yourlifemoments.ca/sitepages/obituary.asp?oid=503761

I can't find nothing on that Foundation.... Just sayin...

Or maybe this is how he made communication with the drug supplier (if he was into drugs,IMO)? I've heard of criminals communicating through the personal ads. DM was letting who ever know how to contact him??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member