The Death of Wayne Millard

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
geeee.....you'd have to have really really long arms to shoot yourself in the eye with a rifle??:scared:
and the police are just re-examining the case now? not exactly confidence inspiring

I considered maybd he was aiming for the head and since it is such a long weapon and hard to control in that position it may have slipped as he pulled the trigger. Guns are powerful and heavy!

I can't imagine that particular journalist misreporting, but a shotgun suicide? I guess the police had absolutely no reason to suspect anything but a suicide. I wonder what they were looking for at the farm that provide them with insight into WM's death.

I considered maybd he was aiming for the head and since it is such a long weapon and hard to control in that position it may have slipped as he pulled the trigger. Guns are powerful and heavy!

Shot guns give quite a kick. Suicide with shot to eye is wierd and if one was to do anything, you would think it would be fixed in the mouth before shooting. I am assuming we have 2 good sources on this group that are familiar with crime scenes and if the autopsy report and if there were other reports available as to WM position, much more could be determined. Wonder why staff was told aneurysm?

Staff could have been told aneurysm to preserve only good memories of his father; doesnt want people to visualize out of respect - this is not unusual. Now that's been shot to hell with this leak from LE. I think this leak was planted to motivate people to speak up.

Shot guns give quite a kick. Suicide with shot to eye is wierd and if one was to do anything, you would think it would be fixed in the mouth before shooting. I am assuming we have 2 good sources on this group that are familiar with crime scenes and if the autopsy report and if there were other reports available as to WM position, much more could be determined. Wonder why staff was told aneurysm?

good question.....and who came up with that one? MB or DM?

A very large operation at a small airport. Where were the contracts going to come from?

KW airport has been trying very hard over the last few years to expand. I wonder if WM saw it as an opportunity to get in early. Many in the area would love to be able to fly out more locally than have to go to Pearson. I much prefer to fly out of a smaller airport like London or Hamilton if possible and have looked at KW as an option all to avoid Pearson.

Well I just learned if a shotgun (or any gun) is not fixed properly toward the back of the mouth, it is possible to blow an EYE or other part of the face out.

KW airport has been trying very hard over the last few years to expand. I wonder if WM saw it as an opportunity to get in early. Many in the area would love to be able to fly out more locally than have to go to Pearson. I much prefer to fly out of a smaller airport like London or Hamilton if possible and have looked at KW as an option all to avoid Pearson.

SunWing, Westjet are there now and so is American - so it will be competitive with YYZ for sure....

I think they cops have to have a reason to interview people to get funding for an investigation. Plus this is in Toronto's jurisdiction, not Hamiltion LE. it then becomes a separate trial if DM is found to have played a part.

OT in regards to insurance: My mother died in a auto crash, to get her insurance an autopsy was a required part of the procedure. Wonder if WM had insurance, not 100% sure but I believe suicide is covered if it is a long standing policy. Explains why it took 15 days to release the body.
No insurer will give me life insurance as I am known to have depression. If they don't know it makes me think they have to pay if your policy is over two year in force/paid up. Two years is something I am fuzzy on as I did work as a clerk in a big insurance company but not in the life insurance branch, but think that was considered the "must" payout law/term.

I was checking twitter and there is a former motor bike thief (a reddit link) that talks about how he did it and those involved. If you want the link I will get it an a few others I found that show a pic of DM and his mother (very attractive lady).

DM had to be right handed in order for the first Ram seller to have clearly read a wrist tattoo in the passenger seat. We so few WM photo's it is hard to determine his dominate use per left or right.

I live in K-W, and read that Waterloo Region helped to fund the hanger. Which just to me says WM and his business team were able to present a good business plan.
Sorry my past post was double my PC sometimes doesn't let me open up right away so I have two open internet searches.

This is starting to feel like the Adam Lanza case with his mother's attempt to protect him from acting out. Sad all around.

I've never been involved in an LE investigation in Canada although I live here, in addition to the States....just a disclaimer.

However, in the States, there never was a question of funding on any investigation and we questioned all freely.

On the life insurance payout....I personally know of no company policy that
needs more than an obit from a newspaper to determine/prove death.

However, some Life Ins. policies do normally ask for a signed Death Certificate if there is a double indemnity clause for accidents,( including murder unless in collusion with beneficiary and then of course no payout). The reason being is many have a no pay exclusion for heart disease, etc. and they wish to make sure the accident resulting in death wasn't precipitated by the heart.

That may have been the situation in your mom's insurance.

Also please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your mother.
That is always a significant event in one's life and was in mine also.

Well I just learned if a shotgun (or any gun) is not fixed properly toward the back of the mouth, it is possible to blow an EYE or other part of the face out.

could this mean that the 'bullet' could be found at the scene (like in a ceiling or wall) seeing as it travelled outward?

SunWing, Westjet are there now and so is American - so it will be competitive with YYZ for sure....

Millardair's lease at Pearson came to an end in 2011. Not sure how much the rent is there, but its going to be quite a bit more than the 19K a year that Waterloo was charging them. IMO, WM may have been realizing something that CM had always thought would be a good idea, but never had the opportunity. The hangars at Pearson were old and couldn't hold the large jets that land the big contracts and make a good steady income stream. WM had enough money to make a go of it in Waterloo-even if he had to spend his last cent and he'd be doing something for DM that would serve CM proud.

Waterloo was the perfect airport because of their own expansion plans and International status. AS was in the process of negotiating contracts and they needed to inspect the facilities and IMO, no one was going to make DM's life inconvenient. All that was needed was another storage facility to put all of the private vehicles in-they just couldn't be in that particular hangar if AS was going to be able finalize the contracts with carriers plus show them that they could handle two of their 737's at a time. IMO, a carrier like Westjet would not put one of their planes in a maintenance facility when there are unauthorized people coming and going at all hours of the day, let alone ripping cars apart. There may even be insurance issues. MOO

IIUC, the published reports say WM died of a wound to the side of his head. It would be a stretch to argue that the ballisitics could not determine whether the injury to WM's eye socket was a result of an entry wound or a displacememt of cranial matter resulting from a shot to the mouth. FWIW, I believe the eyebulb could be blown out much more easily by a shot to the temple than a shot to the mouth.

Best,
J.

The red mohawk comment is not a direct quote, and is only indirectly attributed to AS by the inclusion of "other executives".

As far as Mr. Sharif and other executives at the company were concerned, Dellen and his red mohawk spelled trouble.

AS's objections to DM are spelled out much more clearly in the paragraph which follows:

“I thought he was just a spoilt little brat who had his way all his life and didn’t appreciate what his father was doing for him,” said Mr. Sharif. “He was an impediment to the hangar operation” who didn’t meet his deadlines, almost never arrived at work before noon, and refused to clear his collection of cars, jeeps, hot rods, jet skis and personal airplanes from the business premises.

Sounds to me like DM was more concerned with immediate gratification than an investment with long term potential. JMO, but I don't get the feeling DM was protecting "his father's" money:

He emphasized to Dellen, as he had to Wayne, that the real value of the business lay in its coveted Transport Canada operational certification, the high-quality team it had assembled, and the potential customers who, Mr. Sharif says, were lining up. To dismantle the business before things really got underway and plans came to fruition could mean getting back just 20 cents for every dollar invested.

Yet that’s exactly what Dellen, Wayne’s sole heir, did when his father died suddenly. Mr. Sharif and the Millardair team were told that Wayne had died of a brain aneurysm. Within days, employees were laid off and Dellen
moved quickly to begin liquidating assets.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/05/31/millard-aviation-business-in-decline-long-before-tim-bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it/

Thank you for your opinion.. I guess we shall have to agree to differ on a few interpretations ;-)

Ms Sherlock -- you may have hit the nail on the head....one thing that perspective clients suss out is the level of management and having WM as CEO is good but perhaps having DM was a risk no one was willing to chance and somehow that got back to both WM and/or DM and created some difficulties.

See this is what I mean. You appear to be suggesting -- and correct me if I'm wrong -- that WM needed protecting from AS. Where is that much vaunted concern for innocence when it comes to AS?

Yes I shall correct you here, at your request (above) only of course, I am not suggesting AS is a murderer I am questioning why his (DM's) mohawk would have bothered AS in 2012 if DM only had a mohawk for a brief time in 2011...add to that the point that AS THOUGHT DM was a spoilt brat etc etc.... Just because someone 'thinks' something, does not make it so. I am not accusing AS of anything .... I am sorry you have misinterpreted my post. I hope I have clarified it for you to be able to understand my meaning better... thank you

My brother is ATC out of Hamilton and apparently the landing fees out of Hamilton are outrageous, so possible KW is cheaper for aircraft to land.

IIUC, the published reports say WM died of a wound to the side of his head. It would be a stretch to argue that the ballisitics could not determine whether the injury to WM's eye socket was a result of an entry wound or a displacememt of cranial matter resulting from a shot to the mouth. FWIW, I believe the eyebulb could be blown out much more easily by a shot to the temple than a shot to the mouth.

Best,
J.
I too believe that a shotgun to the eye is not going to just take out your eye..so I believe this information leaked by media is wrong...there would be much more than just your eye gone.

Yes I shall correct you here, at your request (above) only of course, I am not suggesting AS is a murderer I am questioning why his (DM's) mohawk would have bothered AS in 2012 if DM only had a mohawk for a brief time in 2011...add to that the point that AS THOUGHT DM was a spoilt brat etc etc.... Just because someone 'thinks' something, does not make it so. I am not accusing AS of anything .... I am sorry you have misinterpreted my post. I hope I have clarified it for you to be able to understand my meaning better... thank you

Blomquist, I probably have a reasonable answer for you on why DM's mohawk would have bothered AS. IMO, it's because it's aviation. I happen to be involved with aviation and it's extremely clean cut with many senior people having military backgrounds. A mechanic showing up to work on a plane with a red mohawk would cause a stir-I can't even imagine an owner of an AMO walking out with one.

It's very precise- there's respect and expectations involved. "Do this exactly how I tell you to do it" "You have until 10:00 sharp".When a carrier like Westjet wants its jet out of the hangar at 9am on any given Tuesday...that's the time it wants it and they wouldn't care what DM wanted or needed. No doubt AS was concerned about the contracts he was selling.

DM was born with opportunity in aviation. By the time he was 14, he had already received thousands of dollars worth of flight training.(helicoper is $400 an hour plus instructor rate) Considering that many pilots have to make huge sacrifices to get their ATPL and then work for someone like old CM, flying ridiculous hours and earning peanuts just to get the hours. AS would have seen someone who's Dad was giving this huge opportunity to. DM could easily have become an aircraft maintenance engineer...or even someone who could have easily gone to University to get his degree in Aircraft/Airport Management.

No - instead he witnessed a 25 or 26 year old sporting a red mohawk, showing up for work at noon and ripping cars apart in a state of the art, 6 Million dollar hangar that his dad had built! Can you imagine seeing your Dr., Bank Manager or Lawyer sporting a red mohawk? IMHO, I can see how an Aviation Consultant would view DM as a spoiled rich kid who had no motivation, poor work ethics and very little respect or love for the industry, WM or CM. I doubt he was the only one with those thoughts..but that's MOO

Blomquist, I probably have a reasonable answer for you on why DM's mohawk would have bothered AS. IMO, it's because it's aviation. I happen to be involved with aviation and it's extremely clean cut with many senior people having military backgrounds. A mechanic showing up to work on a plane with a red mohawk would cause a stir-I can't even imagine an owner of an AMO walking out with one.

It's very precise- there's respect and expectations involved. "Do this exactly how I tell you to do it" "You have until 10:00 sharp".When a carrier like Westjet wants its jet out of the hangar at 9am on any given Tuesday...that's the time it wants it and they wouldn't care what DM wanted or needed. No doubt AS was concerned about the contracts he was selling.

DM was born with opportunity in aviation. By the time he was 14, he had already received thousands of dollars worth of flight training.(helicoper is $400 an hour plus instructor rate) Considering that many pilots have to make huge sacrifices to get their ATPL and then work for someone like old CM, flying ridiculous hours and earning peanuts just to get the hours. AS would have seen someone who's Dad was giving this huge opportunity to. DM could easily have become an aircraft maintenance engineer...or even someone who could have easily gone to University to get his degree in Aircraft/Airport Management.

No - instead he witnessed a 25 or 26 year old sporting a red mohawk, showing up for work at noon and ripping cars apart in a state of the art, 6 Million dollar hangar that his dad had built! Can you imagine seeing your Dr., Bank Manager or Lawyer sporting a red mohawk? IMHO, I can see how an Aviation Consultant would view DM as a spoiled rich kid who had no motivation, poor work ethics and very little respect or love for the industry, WM or CM. I doubt he was the only one with those thoughts..but that's MOO

Yes I do realize many biased opinions, prejudices and discriminations are out there and probably as you say not least in aviation. However, DM had a mohawk for a specific purpose (BAJA) as far as I can tell. Therefore I fail to see how this momentary hairdo is cause for concern. I doubt he sported it at the boardroom table, the length of the mohawk would have suggested it was barely able to keep in place for more than a month without looking like porcupine roadkill. We have no pics of the mohawk being short or excessively long so IMO it was either a fauxhawk or lasted just a few weeks.

From what I can gather we have no concrete proof that CM was a ruthless employer...in fact some posts on AVCanada say he was a remarkable man. So who are we to judge his character based on so little proof IMO. We also have no proof that DM showed up for work at noon. My father is a businessman and he shows up whenever he feels he needs to. He certainly has no need to show up at the crack of dawn like his employees. If and its an IF ..AS was envious of DM's obvious birthright/inherent fortune thats one thing but if AS is using envy as a way to create a negative appearance of DM then that IMO is very childish....but of course this is JMO as I do not know AS any more than I know DM.... but from a sleuthing perspective I see the words of AS as shedding more light on who AS really is than who DM really is JMO/IMO/MOO

Also we have no proof that DM was disrespectful to anyone....au contraire, we have people saying he was humble and softly spoken....I guess its all down to perspective JMO.MOO

Yes I do realize many biased opinions, prejudices and discriminations are out there and probably as you say not least in aviation. However, DM had a mohawk for a specific purpose (BAJA) as far as I can tell. Therefore I fail to see how this momentary hairdo is cause for concern. I doubt he sported it at the boardroom table, the length of the mohawk would have suggested it was barely able to keep in place for more than a month without looking like porcupine roadkill. We have no pics of the mohawk being short or excessively long so IMO it was either a fauxhawk or lasted just a few weeks.

From what I can gather we have no concrete proof that CM was a ruthless employer...in fact some posts on AVCanada say he was a remarkable man. So who are we to judge his character based on so little proof IMO. We also have no proof that DM showed up for work at noon. My father is a businessman and he shows up whenever he feels he needs to. He certainly has no need to show up at the crack of dawn like his employees. If and its an IF ..AS was envious of DM's obvious birthright/inherent fortune thats one thing but if AS is using envy as a way to create a negative appearance of DM then that IMO is very childish....but of course this is JMO as I do not know AS any more than I know DM.... but from a sleuthing perspective I see the words of AS as shedding more light on who AS really is than who DM really is JMO/IMO/MOO

Also we have no proof that DM was disrespectful to anyone....au contraire, we have people saying he was humble and softly spoken....I guess its all down to perspective JMO.MOO

I'm a US citizen but a Transport Canada licensed pilot. I can tell you what I think about a freak with a mohawk near my plane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214