The Doe Network: Part 1: Who is Princess Blue?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what you are saying? When I click the link it goes right to the thread I started. I haven't had any hits on them yet. But I figured the are local threads to Houston, Texas and Harris county. The post I started is a variation of your letter to the alumni. c

Gosh, I don't know what's wrong with what I am doing. I get hundreds of threads. What are the names of you threads? I can try to find them that way.

Lion

Hey rich. I plugged a search for Class of 75 Robert E Lee High School Houston, and it said nothing came up with that. I don't get it. Bedangit, it ain't working for me. Any other ideas?

How about those cows? lol

Lion

The links you posted doesn't take me to the actual thread/s you started on the Houston Forums. When you click on either of the links you posted it takes me to here: http://www.topix.net/forum/county/harris-tx

It's possible that the forum moderates posts and your post has to go through a mod before it will show in the thread list. I'm not seeing the threads either, which leads me to believe the forum is moderated.

Hmmm. Then how can richandfamous see the two threads she posted? Does the original thread starter able to see it prior to them passing the mod's approval, I wonder. I wonder how else that would happen. It seems she is the only one so far that can see them. Maybe they will be up soon. Or maybe they are invisible forever and only seen by the mystic and scandalous one who created them. :D

Lion

:angel: I'm back after a very long and *cough* fullfilling Easter. I ate SO MUCH!
I wish I were the type of person who "clams up" and can't eat after receiving bad news etc.... But, I'm just the opposite. Wednesday, we begin day 1 of "the biggest loser" again at school. I can't wait!

Ok So I have been reading all the info on your thread so far and this is what I think we should do:

1. compile the list of alumni.
2. create the database
3. research all contact info
4. split the list up amongst us (all those who volunteer)
5. send out the email
6. label the database appropriately

I think this is the only way to do it so we don't duplicate, and right on the database (which gets shared) we can all mark the column "contacted" and mark up other columns as we go along (for example "responded to email", "received info", "never responded", "follow up")

Then we could highlight the lead names, and create another database off off that one. I love the idea of creating gmail accounts for this project so that we can share that database.

I just need that pesky book!!!!! :razz:

MG

:angel: I'm back after a very long and *cough* fullfilling Easter. I ate SO MUCH!
I wish I were the type of person who "clams up" and can't eat after receiving bad news etc.... But, I'm just the opposite. Wednesday, we begin day 1 of "the biggest loser" again at school. I can't wait!

Ok So I have been reading all the info on your thread so far and this is what I think we should do:

1. compile the list of alumni.
2. create the database
3. research all contact info
4. split the list up amongst us (all those who volunteer)
5. send out the email
6. label the database appropriately

I think this is the only way to do it so we don't duplicate, and right on the database (which gets shared) we can all mark the column "contacted" and mark up other columns as we go along (for example "responded to email", "received info", "never responded", "follow up")

Then we could highlight the lead names, and create another database off off that one. I love the idea of creating gmail accounts for this project so that we can share that database.

I just need that pesky book!!!!! :razz:

MG

Good mornin' MrsG:). You are beginning, "The Biggest Loser" at school? Is that a take on the TV how? That is wonderful. Have you got a thread on it?

Before I realized that we best keep notes on who has been emailed, my sis and I already emailed everyone on the classmates.com site (through classmates, I have no actual email addys). We sleuthers got a hold of a couple of others and have emailed them, too. Then a couple of us thought it might be best to wait until we get the yearbook and make a master list before we send any more emails or call anyone. This is because like you said we need a database. It needs to be kept updated, and there needs to be a system perhaps like you said where we each volunteer for a task. In the meantime I am in the process of updating the invisions site for the alumni. The columns need to be re-sized to accommodate better, and that could only be seen once I started to plug in the info. Please take a look and tell me what else you think would make it better.

I am going to wait until midday today, and if I don't hear from LE, I will email him and call all other LE involved. I have a list of questions which was also posted on the invisions site.

Well I am just rambling like a motorboat going around in circles. I understand and agree with what you have said:).

BTW, I am originally from NY and NJ. I see you are from back East.

Lion

haha Yes we begin the "biggest loser" weight loss competition again Wednesday. Last time we did it, we began January 3 until March 28. We lost a total of 308 pounds! There were 38 of us involved. $25 per person and the person who lost the biggest % of body weight won the pot! It was $1000 (someone donated $) I came in 10th place (I was 6th for awhile but stopped weighing in after I started taking prednisone. I gained a lot of water :( I lost a total of 21 pounds. Since my diagnosis I have been eating myself stupid lol. I can't wait to lose again! Oh yes btw I am fom Long Island. I want to move upstate but hubby is a creature of habit. :loser:

Anyway, I will compile the list when the book comes and we'll just omit the people you have already sent stuff to. (unless something changes)

How is your sister feeling, lion?

MG

Suuuuuper! Our goal is to find the names of all seniors (via yb) and to be sure they are all listed on the invisions site(someoneknowsme), and then to keep accurate records of who was contacted and what resulted. If we don't get enough good info from that what do you say we start working on juniors? We will already have the yb. At least some juniors may have known and/been friends with some seniors.

Lion

Suuuuuper! Our goal is to find the names of all seniors (via yb) and to be sure they are all listed on the invisions site(someoneknowsme), and then to keep accurate records of who was contacted and what resulted. If we don't get enough good info from that what do you say we start working on juniors? We will already have the yb. At least some juniors may have known and/been friends with some seniors.

Lion

definitely. I hope this YB shows the juniors with names. Ours didn't :(

MG

Wow! I just read through this whole thread, and I am SO PROUD of what you guys have been doing! Talk about team work. You guys are all working together to accomplish this goal, and what a goal it is! I wish I had something to add, but I don't. However, if anyone needs anything, let me know. I also joined your other board to keep up on any updates.
GOOD LUCK.
;

Hi I am a Robert E. Lee Senior High School graduate class of '75. I was contacted by a member of this board and will be glad to offer any info about the school that I can.

To clarify a few facts about the '75 class: the total number of graduating seniors that year was about 600 -- thus around 300 girls. Robert E. Lee at that time was a school that had primarily white middle class pupils. I'd estimate that the demographics of the class was maybe 80% white, 10% hispanic, and 10% black. As some of you may know the school has changed considerably since then, even changing it's name. Back then we were known as the "Fighting Generals" and the school colors were grey and gold.

I do not have my copy of the yearbook from that year anymore. I never had a graduation ring. I did attend the class 30 year reunion in Houston a couple of years back.

I was somewhat familiar with this crime as all of the '75 graduates received an email from the alumni group leaders a year or so about it.

Welcome to websleuths! We are so glad to have you here! Wow, I was not expecting the class to be that large. I guess we still have LOTS of work to do :)

Interesting that the colors were grey and gold. That probably does mean that the original ring owner probably did use their birthstone in their class ring (hence the blue stone) or another special day in their life.

Welcome to Websleuths. I am happy to see you here.

were known as the "Fighting Generals" and the school colors were grey and gold.

Hi I am a Robert E. Lee Senior High School graduate class of '75. I was contacted by a member of this board and will be glad to offer any info about the school that I can.

To clarify a few facts about the '75 class: the total number of graduating seniors that year was about 600 -- thus around 300 girls. Robert E. Lee at that time was a school that had primarily white middle class pupils. I'd estimate that the demographics of the class was maybe 80% white, 10% hispanic, and 10% black. As some of you may know the school has changed considerably since then, even changing it's name. Back then we were known as the "Fighting Generals" and the school colors were grey and gold.

I do not have my copy of the yearbook from that year anymore. I never had a graduation ring. I did attend the class 30 year reunion in Houston a couple of years back.

I was somewhat familiar with this crime as all of the '75 graduates received an email from the alumni group leaders a year or so about it.
Wow, thanks for joining us and Welcome to WS! :D
Haha...same thing happened to my High School. My graduating class in 73 was aorund 300, last I heard the graduation class of 01 was only 14. School has the same student population though, now how sad is that!

Interesting that the colors were grey and gold. That probably does mean that the original ring owner probably did use their birthstone in their class ring (hence the blue stone) or another special day in their life.

Welcome to Websleuths. I am happy to see you here.
I'm leaning toward birthstone. That was the "thing" back in my day. Or they could have just liked blue best. I think we need to first elimate seniors with Sept birthdays. Meaning who is still around. Wonder how we could get a birthmonth for female seniors? Bedangit!...I wish the ring company had records available.

Ok, nobody slap me, :slap: but I just thought of BIG zebra! What if Princess Blue had NO ties to Lee High because she FOUND the ring. I think this would be the WORST case scenario! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm