The Doe Network: Part 1: Who is Princess Blue?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I put mine away SOMEWHERE, lol. Not sure what location it is in right now. Glad you are home for awhile :)

Thanks.....
Back at home base for awhile, so hope to be around much more.
I always wanted one of these high school rings, they looked so cool on american movies!

penguinchick@hotmail.com sister's email

mistyes9.jpg

Photo of Misty

Lion but what if she wasn't killed right away? She went missing in 1985 but what if she was kept for 3 to 4 years? Then she would have been 14 or 15 right? I was just keeping her as a zebra..OK ? LOL

Originally Posted by RKnowley
What about this girl? I know she went missing in 1985 but she may have been held (or there willingly) for a couple of years.

Name: Angelica Maria Gandara
Case Number: A8601009
Case Type: Endangered
Last Seen in: Temple (Bell County)
Last Seen on: 7/14/1985
Height: 4' 10"
Weight: 85 lbs.
Age Missing: 11
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Date of Birth: 2/5/1974
Race: White
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA
Circumstances: Angelica was last seen wearing a black and white short sleeve pullover shirt, black shorts, white socks and white tennis shoes. Angelica was allegedly last seen in a pickup with a white male and white female. The pickup's hood, front fender and bed were red and white in color; the doors were blue and white; and the top was white. The pickup was dented, dirty and "junky" looking.

You were thinking the same thing I was. She would have been missing four years, and if she were alive during that time, that would put her at 14-15.

What about this girl? I know she went missing in 1985 but she may have been held (or there willingly) for a couple of years.

Circumstances: Angelica was last seen wearing a black and white short sleeve pullover shirt, black shorts, white socks and white tennis shoes. Angelica was allegedly last seen in a pickup with a white male and white female. The pickup's hood, front fender and bed were red and white in color; the doors were blue and white; and the top was white. The pickup was dented, dirty and "junky" looking.

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id='M10/11/20013:10:00PM'

Ok, I did an overlay and PB is very close the the age progression photo of Angelica. The eyes seem a wee bit off set from the over lay. Very close.

Lion but what if she wasn't killed right away? She went missing in 1985 but what if she was kept for 3 to 4 years? Then she would have been 14 or 15 right? I was just keeping her as a zebra..OK ? LOL

Originally Posted by RKnowley

Hi RKnowely:). Sorry, I was working, then had dinner, then was on the phone with MrsG for 3 hours! I was getting info on our case through her except for the first few posts I posted hours ago. I am still reading through all of this. Geesh, I go away for the day and look what happens:D ? This is awesome. I went to see the yearbook pics--so glad they are here and forever grateful to our MrsG:dance: .

I think as you do that this could be a zebra whereby this girl was abducted and kept alive until her death, which would have been at an older age from when she first disappeared. Is anyone keeping our list of zebras updated? I know I sure haven't been.

This is great, and I am still reading through friends:). See ya when I get there.

Lion

But what if those alumni got married and don't have the same last name?

Please forgive me for not crediting the sleuther who found this; I can't recall who or where I got this link from. But, we can find married names of the 175 grads who were married in TX. If the grad married in another state we cannot find it unless someone finds a similar site for all remaining 49 states--or at least the surrounding states. Perhaps we can first check out the Texas site below so as not to overwhelm us with another mountain of work.

Can someone volunteer for this task--like we don't have enough to do already lol? http://www.genlookups.com/texas_marriages/

Hi Everyone--- Just wanted to send my kudos to all of you for such a wonderful job you are doing.

Almost like peeling an onion!!!!!

================

Reason I quoted your post LR--was it determined that the L in the center of the stone was standard for this particular high school ring??

TIA----OT--:blowkiss: to RK

You are welcome petra:). We have some great folks here working to conduct this in an organized fashion. Also, we are being ever vigilant to keep separate and discern from between what is fact and what is speculation, ideas, beliefs, and theories. I think this is key to being successful.

I will go one step further to say that we are staying focused on ID'ng Princess Blue by first going down the main path and concentrating on the horses--the most likely. We are stopping and compiling lists of zebras(uncommon, less likely) to research if we come to the end of the main road and have not found who our girl is. However, one thing we are not doing, and I think this is excellent, is that we are not all focusing on zebras to where we lose focus of ID'ng Princess Blue.

It has not been confirmed; however, an inlaid, "L" was more than likely an option for the ring that year. The mascot was General Robert E. Lee. Initials of the original owner would have been more likely to have been inscribed on the inner side of the band. I doubt that there are initials on the inner band (at least that are readable) because that would have been a darn good clue that LE would not have been likely to leave out. Nonetheless, I put it in with our list of questions that I emailed to LE early today. No word back, yet.

Lion

Ok, I did an overlay and PB is very close the the age progression photo of Angelica. The eyes seem a wee bit off set from the over lay. Very close.

Rich, I am finally caught up--wheeeew! How does one do an over lay? What type of program would one need to do an over lay?

Thanks much my scandalous friend:)

Lion

Rich, I am finally caught up--wheeeew! How does one do an over lay? What type of program would one need to do an over lay?

Thanks much my scandalous friend:)

Lion

Good evening Lion. I'm sure there are some sophisticated software programs available but I do it the old fashion way. I use laminated sheets over enlarged or sized photos.
I'm an amature artist so I just apply the cranio-facial measurements used in art.
Here is an article on forensic photo overlay study:

Ricci A, Marella GL, Apostol MA.
University of Rome "Tor Vergata," Department of Public Health, Chair of Legal Medicine, Rome, Italy.
http://http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?itool=abstractplus&db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=abstractplus&list_uids=16501348
The present study introduces a new approach to computer-assisted face/skull matching used for personal identification purposes in forensic anthropology.In this experiment, the authors formulated an algorithm able to identify the face of a person suspected to have disappeared, by comparing the respective person's facial image with the skull radiograph. A total of 14 subjects were selected for the study, from which a facial photograph and skull radiograph were taken and ultimately compiled into a database, saved to the hard drive of a computer. The photographs of the faces and corresponding skull radiographs were then drafted using common photographic software, taking caution not to alter the informational content of the images. Once computer generated, the facial images and menu were displayed on a color monitor. In the first phase, a few anatomic points of each photograph were selected and marked with a cross to facilitate and more accurately match the face with its corresponding skull. In the second phase, the above mentioned cross grid was superimposed on the radiographic image of the skull and brought to scale. In the third phase, the crosses were transferred to the cranial points of the radiograph. In the fourth phase, the algorithm calculated the distance of each transferred cross and the corresponding average. The smaller the mean value, the greater the index of similarity between the face and skull.A total of 196 cross-comparisons were conducted, with positive identification resulting in each case. Hence, the algorithm matched a facial photograph to the correct skull in 100% of the cases.

Good Morning all!
Wow- I can tell that nighttime is when most are active here. Not me, usually. I am an early morning woman, for sure! Ok, before I get started, as I said, I am new to this type of communicating and I don't IM at home either, so help me w/ some of these codes, pls!
ETA = ???
OMAG = ???
ROFL = ???

Thanks much. I need some more coffee, and I'll be back - ha ha!

sloane

Morning sloane. Please check your PM's.(Private Messages--click on, "Private Messages" in the upper right hand corner of the page)

ETA = edited to add

OMAG - I think you mean OMG = Oh my Gosh

ROFL = Rolling the the floor

LMAO = Laughing my a$$ off

ROFLLMAO = Rolling on the floor, laughing my a$$ off

a$$ = no explanation needed :D

ITA = I too agree

OT = Off topic

WS = Webleuths

lol or LOL = laugh out loud

LE = law enforcement

There are more; but, I have only been doing this for a few months. Stand by for more definitions:).

Lion

Hi Sloane. We wanted a supine view, and 2 side views--1 from each side--to see if there was anything that stood out on that ring as opposed to a standard 1975 class ring. I don't think it is necessary at this point because I don't think there is anything unusual about the ring. Am I correct?

Also, we wanted to get a side view of the ring waaaay back in this thread to establish if the ring was a ladies or a mens ring by noting the thickness of the sides of the band--so we needed at least one side view for that. There was basically one style for each sex back then with just a couple of options as I recall. The way to distinguish a mens from a ladies ring would be in the thickness of the band on the sides. But, I think now we all agree that it was a ladies ring.

Additionally, since the ring was, "well worn", and I can tell from the pics that it was well worn, is it possible that there was at one time an engraving on the inner band? Are there not metal forensic tests to that could detect that? If so, is it expensive?

Lion

Hi LionRun (and all)-
Actually, the ring is not all that worn out on the outer parts, perhaps the inside of the shank is. There are no symbols on either side of the ring to indicate a HS club, affiliation, or interest. Both sides just have mascot insignia on them. There are NO initials to be seen inside the shank. You inspired me to go look at my old HS ring to see where my initials are. They are directly under the stone, next to the 10K stamp. Sizing of rings is done by cutting and melting the bottom part of the band (shank) where it is thinnest. So it is unlikely that the re-sizing of this ring is what "removed" any initials.

It is possible that whoever the original owner of this ring is, only purchased the least exp. version of class rings avail. at that time, meaning not yellow gold, and no extra personalization like hobbies or initials. I know it cost extra to have that done on mine...

warmly, sloane

PS- pls. check your PMs and let me know if I did a reply correctly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd