The Duct Tape Match #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm actually glad trial isn't for a while...Let them squirm....

BBM

I have to wonder what George thinks now, KNOWING that he probably handled the roll of duct tape that was used on Caylee, in order to put up posters OF Caylee.

Gosh, if "breathing her in" (driving car from the tow yard) didn't shock the truth out of him and shake his SOUL to the CORE..... nothing will!!!
I would have nightmares for the rest of my life!!!

I have to add to my post above...
I am NOT a vindictive person, I REALLY felt sorry for them in the beginning.
I was praying KC would fess up and be spared death and spare everyone added heartbreak.
After seeing how Cindy was, my line of thinking was: what in the world did her parents do to her??!!??!
I just want honesty and respect for Caylee, nothing more.
If she were to tell her story and was honest, I would LOVE to have compassion for her.
Anyways, didn't want anyone to think I was cold hearted because of my post above.

I have to add to my post above...
I am NOT a vindictive person, I REALLY felt sorry for them in the beginning.
I was praying KC would fess up and be spared death and spare everyone added heartbreak.
After seeing how Cindy was, my line of thinking was: what in the world did her parents do to her??!!??!
I just want honesty and respect for Caylee, nothing more.
If she were to tell her story and was honest, I would LOVE to have compassion for her.
Anyways, didn't want anyone to think I was cold hearted because of my post above.

You are far from cold-hearted. I don't think you had to add a disclaimer because most of us pretty much feel the same. We all want justice for Caylee. Her family couldn't care less.

Can't you just hear CA in that smug voice saying "Lot's of people had access to that tape!" :innocent:

Yeah, and given her reputation in the neighborhood, I think it's safe to say that "lots" is limited to anyone named Anthony.

It was one of those two - Deforest or Pipitone that challenged BC after his erroneous comment about duct tape - they obviously read documents more closely than he does.

Pipitone has the page numbers for all 10,000 pieces of discovery filed, in order, in his brain.

Given that WSers were discussing news video images of duct tape on posters six months ago, which one tipped WFTV off that they might want to look through some old video? :waitasec: It is that person who deserves the kudos! :clap:

(no...wasn't me)

Actually I think it might almost be better if they are only just discovering the duct tape use on the signs today from the report.

There is enough from the markings alone to link the three uses of duct tape. They now have video of GA hanging signs using the exact same make model and labeling of tape that is found on Caylee. Having an actual sample opens it up to weird science games similar to what we saw the A's lawyer pulling yesterday. Whereas the video alone of GA hanging those signs is extremely powerful and will have as much impact with the jury, if not more, as any potential science coming off of that particular piece of tape. Yeah LKB and JB may be able to call into question the tape from the gas can and the tape on Caylee with that FBI document. But there is no way a jury will discount that same tape appearing three times within the family unit as a coincidence or mismatch. It will not matter what the fiber count or content is on that third example. As soon as they see that the defense arguement is cooked.

Further if LE has not seen those videos of GA hanging signs yet, it means that they are only now hauling GA CA and LA in for further questioning regarding the origin of said tape. Place of purchase? Uses? What exactly happened to every last bit of it? familyThey don't have to be particularly polite about it at this point. It ratchets up the preasure on the whole family. This is a good thing.

Kathi B really did an outstanding job on this today. She put the same tape as that found on Caylee in her Grandfathers hands on Camera and on a ton of "Missing Caylee" posters. That is a visual image that will be damning for her mother.

Reading your post almost makes me feel giddy.Especially the part I bolded.:angel:

When ace reporter Tony Pipitone aired a report on the rarity of the duct tape, he noted that the chances of finding two pieces of this tape linked to the Anthony case is 1 in 250,000. With this latest revelation, that linkage becomes (drum roll please):

1 in 125 million

Would be nice if another news outlet can find a fourth piece on a different poster to bring the odds to 1 in 63 billion, just for fun.

BTW...I finished watching the video news report on this latest find, and noticed that the poster with the duct tape was hung outside. It occurred to me that it is likely that GA / CA used the duct tape in situations where posters were exposed to wind and the elements, but that they did not use the duct tape to hang posters on their doors. Just tossing that out there.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...wftv-wesh-rebut-defense-team-on-evidence.html

Snipped from article:
WFTV legal analyst Bill Scheaffer asked: "What are the statistical chances that those three pieces of duct tape did not come from the same source roll, that roll belonging to the Anthonys?"

Sheaffer said those similarities will be obvious to a jury. This evening, Belich reported that the defense "would not respond to anything that hasn't been entered as evidence in the case."

WESH turned to Orlando attorney Richard Hornsby, who has offered legal analysis for the station.

"Hornsby said evidence from her car alone suggests Casey knows how Caylee died and what happened to her body," reporter Bob Kealing said.

Hornsby said: "Casey had the car. She never said it was stolen or anything like that. She abandoned it." And he added that Anthony's parents recognized "the smell of death" in the car.

In another report, Hornsby described Casey's "incriminating, bizarre" behavior that makes "it obvious she knows something about the post-death issue."

When ace reporter Tony Pipitone aired a report on the rarity of the duct tape, he noted that the chances of finding two pieces of this tape linked to the Anthony case is 1 in 250,000. With this latest revelation, that linkage becomes (drum roll please):

1 in 125 million

Would be nice if another news outlet can find a fourth piece on a different poster to bring the odds to 1 in 63 billion, just for fun.

BTW...I finished watching the video news report on this latest find, and noticed that the poster with the duct tape was hung outside. It occurred to me that it is likely that GA / CA used the duct tape in situations where posters were exposed to wind and the elements, but that they did not use the duct tape to hang posters on their doors. Just tossing that out there.

Oh, yes! Good observation! Let's see if it has degraded in a similar manner to the crime scene tape!

The unique, discontinued, tape was marketed as Henkel “Fireguard Duck Tape” and was designed to “hold, seam, and seal HVAC sheet metal and flex ducts” according to company information bulletins.

As I suggested to John Merchant in a letter this past April, I hope LE has been able to look into whether or not the Anthony home had any work done to the heating and air conditioning system.

It would place a nice little bow on top of the package, for a source, to find the workers had used this type of tape on the duct work and possibly left a roll behind when finished.

The unique, discontinued, tape was marketed as Henkel “Fireguard Duck Tape” and was designed to “hold, seam, and seal HVAC sheet metal and flex ducts” according to company information bulletins.

As I suggested to John Merchant in a letter this past April, I hope LE has been able to look into whether or not the Anthony home had any work done to the heating and air conditioning system.

It would place a nice little bow on top of the package, for a source, to find the workers had used this type of tape on the duct work and possibly left a roll behind when finished.

If you were handy (like my DH) you could do the work yourself.
GA might have had that roll of tape laying around for years, he could have even bought it at a garage sale, the possibilities are endless.
I think the Important Factor is that the same tape now is seen on the poster, the gas can and little Caylee. That ties it all up with a pretty bow on top.

BBM

I have to wonder what George thinks now, KNOWING that he probably handled the roll of duct tape that was used on Caylee, in order to put up posters OF Caylee.

Horrible thought, isn't it.
Let's hope this doesn't send GA off to another motel in Daytona, I don't know how he's going to handle this news along with Cindy chasing him around yelling at him.

Given that WSers were discussing news video images of duct tape on posters six months ago, which one tipped WFTV off that they might want to look through some old video? :waitasec: It is that person who deserves the kudos! :clap:

(no...wasn't me)

Exactly what I said way back in this thread. Me also thinks KB also has a friend inside the SA's office personally. This isn't the only coinky dink either. I've noticed a few others. Either way good for them, all of them!

How about a dryer vent? Their laundry room is in the garage.

See, this is another indication that they knew. The couldn't have conveniently used the last piece of duct tape on their last roll when they hung their last poster. When her body was found and they heard about the duct tape on her face they threw away every piece and roll they had in the house. Because they knew!

Unless, of course, it's just another one of those coincidences . . . :rolleyes:

LE is not in the habit of letting people know what they are seeking before a search warrant is issued and then rapidly descending upon your house. They don't want anyone to discard or destroy potential evidence. Unless there was some other line of communication, the Anthonys did not know the cops were coming to seize duct tape until they actually did it. Even when the SW is being executed (searching the property), the family probably is not told what they are looking for. Get out of the way and don't speak to us unless we ask questions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Littlebit62
Back