The Duggar Family: 18 Kids & Counting

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you don't believe in God, then why would you send your child to a Christian school? Not that I don't think it's a good thing, I'm just curious.

I've met several atheists who were also very nice people who possess many of the character traits your mentioned, they just happen not to believe in God. I've always wondered (in relation to these folks), what does it hurt to believe in God, since you're already living many facets of a Christian life, and just think...what if you're wrong, and God really does exist...wouldn't it be better for you to give Him the benefit of the doubt?[/quote]

"Facets of Christian life" and ethics & morals are not mutually exclusive. The world is loaded with good people that don't believe in Christ. It would hurt my logical & reality based belief system and defy common sense. I'm a good, kind moral person because I choose to be, not for some reward at the end ...like eternal life. I have no need to hedge my bets by claiming to believe in God anymore than I could convince you not to. I believe a person only gets one chance at life, so get it right.

I feel really horrible for her.. but it was bound to happen eventually w hen you've been pregnant as many times as she has. I hope she just cherishes the ones she has now :(

Years and years ago she had a miscarriage which they blamed on her using birth control, and they used that as a reason to stop using birth control. I hope they take this one as a sign god doesn't want them to reproduce anymore.
Quit while you are still ahead (and by that I mean while Mrs. Duggar herself is alive before it's too late. After so many children and c-sections I presume it's very dangerous for her to continue on with getting pregnant).

Sad that it had to happen this late in the pregnancy. This will not deter them, I'm pretty sure. They may not make it public knowledge, but you can be pretty sure there won't be any birth control going on in that house.

Wonder how long she will be "at rest" before they start trying again.

Story on people magazine online.

She was around 20 weeks pregnant. Went to Dr. for US to determine gender.
No heartbeat, fetus deceased.

I fear that Michelle may have a complete breakdown over this.
No matter what we think about huge families, etc., I am praying for the Duggars.

This baby was very much wanted. More details at people.com

ETA: Sorry. Just saw that this info was tacked onto page 16 or so of Duggar discussion in the Entertainment section.

For some reason, I cannot delete this post. Mea Culpa~!

Sometimes God blesses us in ways that we do not feel are fair. I think that this will be a true test of faith for Michelle. They left it in the Lord's hands as to how many children they would have. The Lord decided that this one was not for them. I think they will come through it just fine but I hope the family is given their time to come to terms, and acceptance.

There is a thread down in the celeb. forum about it
The whole family is in my thoughts :(

There is a thread down in the celeb. forum about it
The whole family is in my thoughts :(

Yes. I found it after I had posted this. Could not delete my post, but IMO, the loss of a 20 week fetus is not " entertainment" so I didn't think to look there.
Again, my apologies,

Sometimes God blesses us in ways that we do not feel are fair. I think that this will be a true test of faith for Michelle. They left it in the Lord's hands as to how many children they would have. The Lord decided that this one was not for them. I think they will come through it just fine but I hope the family is given their time to come to terms, and acceptance.

I hope they all heal and are sustained through their faith.
I remember how Josiah ( around 15 years old) was visibly upset when the announcement was made about the pregnancy. He is seen leaving the group and Jana said " Don't cry". Later in the segment, Jim Bob walked him back onscreen.. Josiah's face was red.. He had obviously been crying.

He's the boy who held Josie so carefully.. very sensitive young man. More than most of the older children are seen to be onscreen, IMO.

I dunno you gyys... she's going to have to go through labor and give birth to a dead baby.. I would be sooo traumatized I cannot see ever trying again.. at least not for me... maybe they will though.....

Years and years ago she had a miscarriage which they blamed on her using birth control, and they used that as a reason to stop using birth control. I hope they take this one as a sign god doesn't want them to reproduce anymore.
Quit while you are still ahead (and by that I mean while Mrs. Duggar herself is alive before it's too late. After so many children and c-sections I presume it's very dangerous for her to continue on with getting pregnant).

While the news is very sad (no one should go through this), I agree w/you 100%

a former friend of mine had the misfortune of having to deliver her precious baby boy long after he had died in her womb - she was a mess for years and who could blame her?

I feel for Michelle & JimBob and wish them health & healing

Despite my earlier post and how snarky it sounded, I do feel bad for them.
A loss of a baby is always heart-breaking, and I surely didn't know she was that far along.
Hope they will gather some comfort from God.

She doesn't have to go through delivery. Not to be gruesome, unless that's up to her and her physician if it is best for her to go through a full delivery or not. (per my MD boyfriend) She was having a planned 4th C section, which is dangerous already. I don't presume to know what the risk factors for her are with a vaginal delivery, but the doctors might advice a D&E, as distasteful as this is to them. It may be safest for Michelle, and the baby is deceased.

Awe. :(
Rest in peace sweet Baby Duggar.

I pray for the Duggar family. How horrible.

Very sad news but I too hope they will heed this clear warning from God. :( They are definitely in my prayers.

a former friend of mine had the misfortune of having to deliver her precious baby boy long after he had died in her womb - she was a mess for years and who could blame her?

I feel for Michelle & JimBob and wish them health & healing

The very same thing happened to me. I've been through lots of things in my life...loss of loved ones, traumatic health concerns, etc....but losing my little girl in this fashion about did me in.

My heartfelt prayers and good thoughts for all of the family members.

If you don't believe in God, then why would you send your child to a Christian school? Not that I don't think it's a good thing, I'm just curious.

I've met several atheists who were also very nice people who possess many of the character traits your mentioned, they just happen not to believe in God. I've always wondered (in relation to these folks), what does it hurt to believe in God, since you're already living many facets of a Christian life, and just think...what if you're wrong, and God really does exist...wouldn't it be better for you to give Him the benefit of the doubt?[/quote]

"Facets of Christian life" and ethics & morals are not mutually exclusive. The world is loaded with good people that don't believe in Christ. It would hurt my logical & reality based belief system and defy common sense. I'm a good, kind moral person because I choose to be, not for some reward at the end ...like eternal life. I have no need to hedge my bets by claiming to believe in God anymore than I could convince you not to. I believe a person only gets one chance at life, so get it right.

(above bbm)
Not all Christians live the way they do for a reward at the end of their life (like, if I live a good enough life, I'll get to go to Heaven). We live the way we do because we are Christians. We're already assured of going to Heaven, based upon what we believe. Good works don't get us into Heaven.

Note: not all who call themselves Christians believe this. Some believe, as you described, that good works will get them into Heaven.

I'd just hate to see you, Linda, get to the end of your life, and find out that God does, indeed exist, and He's looking at you, saying, "What would it have hurt to believe in Me?"

:innocent:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back