The evidence failed Caylee, not the Jury.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two of my friends who have NEVER followed this case at all but had simply heard about it tuned into the trial from the moment it started and thought that KC was guilty.

Ooooh, Tim Miller on HLN stating TES is considering a lawsuit to recover costs for searches when Caylee "was never missing". Tim says somebody needs to pay. They turned down another search for a missing child because they were here for Caylee.

Sorry Mods, just had to get that out there.

I definitely feel that this jury failed Caylee. I only hope that at least once a day the members of the jury feel a pang of guilt over turning loose the monster who is responsible for the death of this beautiful child. Actually, I hope its many times a day throughout the coming years.. I think in their hearts, they knew who was responsible for this death but chose an easy out so they could return to their lives. I hope their decision haunts them.

Ooooh, Tim Miller on HLN stating TES is considering a lawsuit to recover costs for searches when Caylee "was never missing".

Yeahhhhhhhhhhh Tim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ooooh, Tim Miller on HLN stating TES is considering a lawsuit to recover costs for searches when Caylee "was never missing".

Sorry Mods, just had to get that out there.

Now they're talking!

So, if they came back in the same time with a Guilty without reviewing any evidence, would everyone still be so upset?

LOL Of course not. "We" wanted her to be found guilty. If they had come back with a guilty verdict so quick, I personally would have thought that they had completely disregarded JB's OS as evidence. I think, (notice I say "think") that they accepted JB's OS and then proceeded from there to gloss over the evidence of the SA's case. And there is sufficient reason for me to think that based on Russell H's (alt juror) interview. Operating from that premise, the evidence presented by the state could be dispensed and disregarded very quickly, especially as they never asked to review anything.

In the end, we could beat this horse for years. I think though, to answer your original question, it's natural for us to pick this apart, since it is the opposite of what we hoped and thought would happen. And in some respects, we are not alone in our thoughts of confusion. Even Diana Tennis (def atty, Orlando) was stunned, as she thought Casey would not be convicted of 1st degree or 2nd degree, but would at least get Agg. Manslaughter. An acquittal on all the charges except for lying to LE was stunning and a swat, as far as I'm concerned.

MO

No, the evidence was there. The jury had enough evidence, but chose instead to accept JB's lame opening as gospel. Decided to take the defense's lame forensics as gospel, rather than the far more professional experts who testified for the defense.

I think the whole thing is summed up quite well by CM who chose to flip the media and therefore, us, the bird.

Didn't the jury have 300+ pieces of evidence there in the room with them? Who is to say they did not spend the 8 or so hours of deliberating (taking away time for meals) looking through some of those items? They must have done something during those hours, I doubt they just sat there and stared at each other.

Even yesterday morning, they could have returned after an hour or two; I doubt they stayed in there until after lunch just to get one more fast food meal. I think they did deliberate, even after a possible initial vote showing that the state did not prove their case.

I totally agree with your post.

The evidence was not there. There was no lack of common sense by the jury. The jury viewed the unembellished evidence, and heard from both sides about what this evidence is. The unembellished evidence has been out there for nearly 2 1/2 years via the Sunshine laws. The media chose to totally embellish the evidence that leaned towards guilt, and downplay or ignore the evidence that leaned towards not guilty.
From the moment the press reported 31 days, hundreds of thousands, if not millions were outraged and instantly knew KC was guilty. For many, from that day on there was absolutely nothing that anyone could ever say or do that would change their minds. The media had found a gold mine story, and they took full advantage. When the evidence became available due to the Sunshine law, the media hammered on every bit of evidence that made KC look guilty. The masses were pleased with this, no need to look any further, she is guilty. The best illustration of this is when they found the hypodermic needle in the gatorade bottle. The media had found their Smoking Gun, only this gun wasn't loaded, and to this day many misinformed still believe that this hypo is how KC administered the chloroform to Caylee. Caylee lost her life, and this is tragic. The media took the story of this golden child and made far, far more 'blood money' than KC, the Anthony's, or the DT, or the PT will ever make put together off this tragic story. They will continue to make money off this innocent childs tragic story. Now they will scream outrage, the jury got it wrong, and they will incite the public with stories that try to justify the 3 years of misrepresented truths that they fostered.

For nearly two years I have been posting on this site. I have always tried to show respect to others opinions. I have been in the minority this entire time. I read the docs, the interviews, etc. I posted my opinions and was met with angry disapproval, and many felt I have no common sense at all, simply because they already knew KC was guilty, and anything I said about the evidence was wrong because it did not point to KC's guilt. I was accused of not caring about Caylee, because I have always thought what had happened was a tragic accident. My brand of logic lacks common sense to those who do not want to believe what the unembellished evidence shows. There is no proof of what really happened. None. Only speculation. What any individual chooses to believe is entirely up to them. I may totally disagree with their opinion of what happened, but this is America, and I would die for their right to express that opinion. The disrespect towards our judicial system shown by the masses because of their dissatisfaction with the verdict in this trial is troubling.

Our system works, and it worked very well in this case. The evidence to prove KC guilty of any of the charges other than lying to police simply was not there.

As always my entire post is my opinion only.

Alternate juror said they never believed Caylee was in the trunk. Did they see this unembellished piece of evidence?

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6274388&postcount=813"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2010.02.16 Document Release: Stain on Trunk Liner[/ame]

Nuff said......

Didn't the jury have 300+ pieces of evidence there in the room with them? Who is to say they did not spend the 8 or so hours of deliberating (taking away time for meals) looking through some of those items? They must have done something during those hours, I doubt they just sat there and stared at each other.

Even yesterday morning, they could have returned after an hour or two; I doubt they stayed in there until after lunch just to get one more fast food meal. I think they did deliberate, even after a possible initial vote showing that the state did not prove their case.

They knew the first day of deliberating. They dressed up to give their decision the second day. They did not bring notebooks or request office supplies. No, in my opinion, they did not make this decision with a lot of thought. Was the evidence in the room with them? I thought it wasn't. It took hours to just move the evidence over, but they knew before 6 PM the first evening that it was a done deal. Doesn't sound like they put a lot of effort into this. They had several hours of paperwork to sign and fill out the second day.

Because at some point, this "obsession" with Caylee appears to be more entertainment than anything else. And I find THAT to be sad.

I believe Mr. Ashton alluded to that himself this morning in one of his interviews.

Yes, I suppose there is a bit of an "obsession" in this case by people who cared about this small child that was murdered. Many have followed this very shocking case since day 31 and it has hurt our collective hearts. So very sad and we are shocked at the verdict, disappointed and left wanting justice for an adorable little girl.

As in all cases of grief, we will move on when we are ready, each of us, individually. Until then, we will stomp our feet, rant and rave as we each need to before we move on to another tragic story where a child needs us.

Its okay. And we are all very fortunate to have this forum where we can share and grieve together - even though many of us have different opinions on the way this case played out.

We will be okay. We are Websleuths. And we celebrate and support each other as the occasion warrants.

Salem

OK any OT posts or the back and forth jabs have been removed. Let's carry on and do it without pointing fingers or accusations back and forth.

If 12 people could walk out of the courtroom and into the jury room and come to the quick agreement that the state did not prove their case, then IMO the jury is not to blame. I watched the trial as a "juror" as I was not familiar with the case before it began, only knowing that Caylee was found dead, not reported missing, and Casey was charged. I could not have convicted her either, based on the state's case. Yes, she probably killed Caylee and yes she probably put her in the woods, but I couldn't see where the state proved either one. They proved that she was disposed of in a horrible way, but they did not allow the jury to find her guilty of that type of a charge.

If I was on the jury and the initial vote was 6-6, for example, I would have been willing to be convinced. But if it was 12-0 right off the bat, I would assume that my take on the case was correct, that the state had not proven it. And maybe that is what happened.

Yes, I suppose there is a bit of an "obsession" in this case by people who cared about this small child that was murdered. Many have followed this very shocking case since day 31 and it has hurt our collective hearts. So very sad and we are shocked at the verdict, disappointed and left wanting justice for an adorable little girl.

As in all cases of grief, we will move on when we are ready, each of us, individually. Until then, we will stomp our feet, rant and rave as we each need to before we move on to another tragic story where a child needs us.

Its okay. And we are all very fortunate to have this forum where we can share and grieve together - even though many of us have different opinions on the way this case played out.

We will be okay. We are Websleuths. And we celebrate and support each other as the occasion warrants.
Salem

Thats sums it up for me! I love being here. I found WS by accident while searching another case a few years back.

Salem

Salem,

I respect what you have said. I have followed this case from day 31 as well but never found myself emotionally involved in any way. In fact there were times that I felt sorry for the Anthonys simply due to the incredible invasion of their privacy that so many seemed to feel was justified. There are children every single day that are killed or go missing, and I simply cannot understand why this particular child stood out. And I think that the line was crossed and that this became an entertainment for some. I find that disturbing.

:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Salem

:clap:
:blowkiss:

Caylee wasn't seen for a month and Casey admitted that and her mom said that when she called 911.

Casey said the nanny had her and there wasn't a nanny.

So where was Caylee for those 30 days? No one saw her and Casey wasn't out looking.

I'm sick about this too. Can't believe this.

Salem,

I respect what you have said. I have followed this case from day 31 as well but never found myself emotionally involved in any way. In fact there were times that I felt sorry for the Anthonys simply due to the incredible invasion of their privacy that so many seemed to feel was justified. There are children every single day that are killed or go missing, and I simply cannot understand why this particular child stood out. And I think that the line was crossed and that this became an entertainment for some. I find that disturbing.

I totally agree with your post. It did become entertainment for some and the spectators at the Anthony home has always bothered me. It was reported there were some at the house last night. It isn't right but LE was there so I felt better about it. It is an incredible invasion of their privacy and I don't agree with it. As far as children every day that are killed or go missing, that...is why this child stood out. IMO, the public is sick and tired of this kind of event happening "every day". I think with this day and age of technology and the sophistication of telecommunications, not much should be overlooked in the inquisition, investigation and diligent reporting of suspicious acts towards children. The interest is there and it's time we come together to do something to stop this kind of activity as the innocent children cannot do that for themselves. Florida is a popular place for crime, much less crimes against children. Pedophiles love the place because of the "nice weather". I have three grandchildren that live there (all girls) and it scares me to no end of what may happen to any one of them at some point while they are maturing. I also have a missing friend for 7 yrs. now whose case is listed on WS. Believe me, the spectators are minute in number compared to the masses that want to see something done to stop crimes against those who just "disappear".

All the evidence was not put forward! They never knew of Casey's stealing, writing bad checks and being convicted of doing so!

Even if it was all put forward, this jury didn't give a crap. They didn't ask for anything to view for themselves outside of the attorneys.

Give me a break.

The State put on a strong case with tons of evidence. I believe this unfair jury made up their minds right after opening statements. If Bozo had claimed that aliens from outer space killed Caylee, this disgusting jury would have agreed!!! Their minds were already made up and the only way they could reach such a verdict was to completely ignore all of the State's evidence. And if they truly believed their verdict was correct, why are these cowards from the media?

Some insight into this jury - According to a June article, some of the jury pool of 17 want to know who is going to be relieved of the responsibility of deciding ICA fate--and they want to know it now!! The article went on to state that some of the jurors in the case seem MORE EAGER TO HEAR who the judge will send home at the end of the trial than the testimony. The fact that the jury is concentrating on who will be leaving -- and sending notes to the judge to that effect -- instead of focusing on the daily case details is very concerning. Bottom line, this jury did not give a crap.

The smell itself was not evidence, the expert testimony to what they believed the smell to be was evidence, IMO. The jurors are not experts and could not have identified the smell anyway. They only had to believe or disbelieve those who testified as to what they knew the smell to be.

OK, I am not understanding things correctly then. I was sure the smell cans had been entered as exhibits. Sounds like they were only there for the experts to pick up and say it was the can they sealed and signed off on.

That really makes no sense to me. If the smell was not evidence why would the cans be in the courtroom at all? IDK, but I really thought the cans were entered as exhibits.

Really, I am not sure there are too many trials were A UNIQUE ODOR is captured in a can and referred to as evidence. I think in this case it really was evidence but no one really knew how to handle it.

Pity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member